Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the master of Mankind by the will of the gods, and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium for whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day, so that he may never truly die.

Yet in his deathless state, the Emperor continues his eternal vigilance. Mighty battle fleets cross the Daemon-infested miasma of the Warp, the only route between distant stars, their way lit by the Astronomican, the shining psychic manifestation of the Emperor’s will. Vast armies give battle in his name on uncounted worlds. Greatest amongst his soldiers are the Adeptus Astartes, the Space Marines, bioengineered super-warriors. Their comrades in arms are legion: the Imperial Guard, the ever-vigilant Inquisition, and the Tech-Priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus to name but a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to hold off the ever-present threat from aliens, heretics, mutants—and worse.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of the thirsting gods.

Prepare to enter the nightmare world of DARK HERESY

I'm planning on using roll20 as our online table environment and skype for communication, the game will be ran on Saturday evenings from 19:00 UTC onwards and ending when we Europeans have to go to bed and Americans have to eat their dinner. Hoping to start next week.

Looking for 4 to 6 players. Character generation as per rulebook, standard values for everything, use w/e to roll, link the results here. Blank char sheet, feel free to copy and use:
code:
Name       
Homeworld  
Background 
Role       
Divination 

Wounds     
Fate       
Fatigue    
Insanity   
Corruption 

Armour 
Head   
Larm   
Rarm   
Body   
Lleg   
Rleg   

WS  
BS  
S   
T   
Ag  
Int 
Per 
WP  
Fel 
Ifl 

Aptitudes:

XP spent   
XP unspent 
XP total   

Skills:

Talents:

Characteristic increases:

Gear:
Adventure overview: A pamphlet is spreading through the hives of Desoleum, decrying a long dead saint of the Askellon sector as a fraud and worshipper of the Ruinous Powers. If these accusations are true, then half the planet is worshipping a heretic, which is a problem. If these accusations are false, then blasphemous lies are finding receptive ears among the other half of the planet, which is also a problem. Your Inquisitor cares not about which problem it is, only that it is resolved by the next time you contact them.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Starting with 3 players is not a problem, could always introduce more players as the adventure goes along so I'll leave recruitment open.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
That's ok, Elukka also doesn't have one yet and I can see a few "skill 1 or skill 2" lines in Megazver's, we can finish up character creation tonight. Can you all add me on skype(same name as the forums), I'll give you the roll20 link through there.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Downside of posting it here would be that the url would change every time I need to remove somebody but here you go: https://app.roll20.net/join/529187/aUFZew

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Al right, everybody who logged into roll20 and made a character has access to an editable sheet there, which can be found in the journal tab in the menu bar in the upper right of the screen. Add me on skype if you haven't yet, same name as here on the forums.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Most people seem to have their character mostly complete so let's get this started, first session will be Saturday the 4th of October, 19:00 UTC.

Recruitment is still open for 1-2 more people so don't be afraid to apply.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Megazver, are you still here?

Next session is at 19:00, 11 October.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
A bit short on players atm, could use a few more so recruitment is still open. Chargen xp is now 2000 to match up with what the current players have. Next session 19:00 UTC, 18 October.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Alright, rescheduling then for Saturday 19:00 UTC, 25 October.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session will be 19:00 UTC, 1 November. DST happened, check your time zones!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I can't run games on Sunday but with 3 players now we should be able to continue with Arkem as a DMPC for this session.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session will be 19:00 UTC, 8 November. Everybody got 500xp from last session, bringing totals now up to 2500(1000 chargen + 1500 gameplay).

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Hmm, thought I had already posted here but apparently not. Yeah, next session is 19:00 UTC, 15 November.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Back from bit of a break, next session will be 19:00 UTC, 29 November. Experience totals are now up to 3000 xp and as a result of the Inquisitor allocating more resources to the hunt for Oringurchakor, everybody's Influence has been increased to 3 points above it's base level. These bonuses apply to new players joining in as the Inquisition is now assigning more senior Acolytes to you.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Apologies for lateposting, next session will be tomorrow/later today depending on your timezone at 19:00 UTC, 6 December. Overall experience is now 3750(same applies to newcomers) and Influence is now your starting value +6.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session is tomorrow, 13 December at 19:00 UTC. XP totals are up to 4000, of which 1000 were given at the start as part of chargen and 3000 collected during the game.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Alright, final session before holiday break, 20 December at 19:00 UTC. XP and influence haven't changed since last time.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Happy new year everybody! Had a small break over holiday season but we should be back in action on 3 January, 19:00 UTC

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session most likely coming up on 10 January, 19:00 UTC. There's a big battle coming up so I would like to have everybody be present, post here if you can't make it. For new players wishing to join in, xp totals are up to 4500 and influence is now 8 above it's starting value.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
How's everybody's schedule for the 17 of January, 19:00 UTC? If that's not possible, what does your availability look like for the weeks after that?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session will be on 24 of January, 19:00 UTC. Considering maybe one more player. Everybody, both new and old will be at 5000 xp and 10 influence above base level.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'll be unable to GM tomorrow, tentatively planning next session for 7 February.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Got an accountless lurker goon friend joining in, character sheet for completeness:
pre:
Naam        Haftor Godmund
Homeworld    Hive World(Teeming Masses in Metal Mountains)
Background    Outcast(Never Quit)
Role        Assassin(Sure Kill)
Divination    Heresy Begets Retribution

Wounds    13
Fate        3
Fatigue    0
Insanity    0
Corruption    0

Armour    Imperial Guard Flak Armour
Head    4
Larm    4
Rarm    4
Body    4
Lleg    4
Rleg    4

WS    37
BS    27
S    34
T    31
Ag    44
Int    33
Per    43
WP    29
Fel    37
Ifl    36

Aptitudes
Perception
Social
Agility
Weapon Skill
Fieldcraft
Finesse
Strength

XP spent    5000
XP unspent    0
XP total    5000

Skills
Acrobatics
Athletics(100)
Common Lore(Underworld)
Deceive
Dodge
Dodge+10(400)
Dodge+20(600)
Intimidate(100)
Stealth
Stealth+10(200)
Scrutiny(100)

Talents
Assassin Strike(400)
Blademaster(400)
Combat Master(450)
Jaded
Quick Draw(200)
Step Aside(600)
Weapon Training(Chain)
Weapon Training(Las)

Characteristics
WS+5(250)
WS+5(500)
Ag+5(100)
Ag+5(250)
S+5(250)
Per+5(100)

Gear
Imperial Guard Flak Armour
Laspistol
Chainsword w/ Sacred Inscriptions
Flak Vest
Injector
Slaught(2 doses)

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Going by regular schedule next session would fall on valentine's day, checking in to see who has time that evening, if not, we'll move up one week to the 21st.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Al right, I think we have enough players for tomorrow then, next session at 14 February, 19:00 UTC. I think one more player is doable but that'll be the last one, 6 is about the maximum for which the game is designed before the party's skill coverage becomes so wide that it turns in Oceans's 11 and combat rounds start taking too long.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session tomorrow 21 February, 19:00 UTC, xp totals are up to 5500(including the 1000 from chargen), influence is still at +10.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Looking at 28 February, 19:00 UTC for next session, xp is up to 5750 now. Because the party is currently captured by secessionist forces, I'll assume inquisitorial acolytes have some kind of secret handshake that they can use to recognize friendlies in a POW camp if Randarkman still wants to make a character.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Had a bit of a scheduling problem last week, session postponed to 7 March, 19:00 UTC, xp still at 5750.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Elukka posted:

I won't be able to play again. We're gonna be prisoners forever!
It seems so!

I'm going to have to postpone the session a week, to the 14th, I've got a severe cold and it ruined my ability speak normally.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Alright, I've mostly regained my voice so 14 March, 19:00 UTC it'll be! DST is happening around now, check your time zones!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Hmm, thought I had posted here but apparently I didn't, next session tomorrow 21 March, 19:00 UTC. DST still hasn't happened everywhere yet, be sure to keep track of your time zones!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
And he rolled a 1 on a charm test for it. Then the party entered a shack with no electricity and the party spent 5 minutes real time trying to work out how to obtain a light source before they realized Daren was a pyromancer who could manifest fire at will, then rejected that plan in favour of 5 more minutes of brainstorming before settling on fighting an active murder servitor for it's power source.

Between that and beating up the aforementioned murder servitors the AdMech left behind as area denial, the party did find evidence of an Admech bigwig being the heretek responsible for tricking the space marines into fielding a necron mind control artifact and is now at 6000 total xp.

Next session is planned for the 28 March, 19:00 UTC, this is the last week of DST nonsense, after that the world should be on the same schedule everywhere again.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The party successfully made it out of secessionist territory and back to imperial lines, increasing their Influence by 2, now up to +12 from their starting value. The Inquisition's work is never done however and the hereteks responsible for the awakening of the Necron tomb still need to be apprehended. Next session is planned tomorrow, 4 April, 19:00 UTC.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
For tomorrow's session (11 April, 19:00 UTC), the party will continue chasing the rogue Fabricator. Depending on how fast we move, this is probably the last or the second last session of the current arc/mission.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The next session will most likely have the big showdown with the Fabricator so I would like everybody to be present. To that end, can everybody post in which of the coming few weeks they are available at the regular times(saturdays 19:00 UTC)

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Yeah that's ok, we'll start a bit later tonight then, 19:30 UTC or so.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The heretek Grauxis has been vanquished! Thanks to this feat, the party has acquired another 1000xp and their influence has risen by 3, bringing the totals for those values up to 7000(1000 from chargen and 6000 from gameplay) and +15(on top of what would normally come out of chargen). For new players wanting to join in, additional acolytes assigned to the cell will be similarly experienced. Likewise, they'll be better equipped than green recruits and get two extra starting acquisitions.

The next session is planned for saturday 25 April, 19:00 UTC.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Last week's session didn't happen because of scheduling conflicts which is why we're moving onto this saturday, 2 May, 19:00 UTC. Since no play happened, xp is still at 1000(chargen)+6000(gameplay) and influence at +15(gameplay) on top of whatever comes out of the chargen rolls. New players also get two extra starting acquisitions to match the party's shopping during the adventure.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Im addition to Werix, tonight there will be another non-goon friend of me joining us, Prozest. He will be playing Tearrial Harmon, a former security officer for an Adeptus Mechanicus colonization and terraforming effort. Character sheet for completeness sake:
code:
Naam        Tearrial Harmon
Homeworld    Feral World(The Old Ways)
Background    Adeptus Mechanicus(Replace the Weak Flesh)
Role        Warrior(Expert at Violence)
Divination    A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Wounds    14
Fate        3
Fatigue    0
Insanity    0
Corruption    0

Armour    Imperial Robes
Head    5    
Larm    5
Rarm    5
Body    5
Lleg    5
Rleg    5

WS    52
BS    26
S    43
T    52
Ag    27
Int    32
Per    38
WP    36
Fel    32
Ifl    39

Aptitudes
Ballistic Skill
Defence
Offence
Strength
Weapon Skill
Toughness
Tech

XP unspent    0
XP spent    7000
XP total    7000

1600 Proficient Weapon Skill
850  Trained Toughness
350  Intermediate Strenght
100  Known Parry
400  Crushing Blow
200  Frenzy
300  Battlerage
600  Preternatural Speed
300  Weapo Traino(Low-tech)
300  Weapo Traino(Power)
2000 Veteran Tech-Use

Skills
Common Lore(Adeptus Mechanicus)
Logic
Operate(Wheeled)
Security
Tech-use

Talents
Iron Jaw
Mechadentrite Use (Utility)
Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)

Trait
Mechanicus Implants

Characteristics

Gear
Autogun
Optical Mechadendrite
Imperial Robe
Vial of Sacred Ungent 2x
Poor Enforcer Light Carapace
Great Weapo
MIU Weapon Interface
Utility Mechadendrite
With two new people joining, I'll close recruitment for a moment, I'll see if combat won't start going too slow before taking on a 6th player and/or replacements.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Next session is currently planned for 9 May, 19:00 UTC. Thanks to some fantastic linguistic discoveries by Scribbly's character, everybody now gets the Linguistics(Salvation local language) skill at untrained level for free and trained the normal way with xp.

• Locked thread