Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baseborn
Aug 23, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

I'm gonna second the axing of the sidebars with the logo in them, it's a little much and sort of distracting.

We did this for our next video which will be up tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, branding doesn't work here in the traditional sense, see. What you need is a gimmick, my friend, a genuine 100% A1 circus sideshow gimmick. See, my gimmick, you see, is Dash Rendar. Yes, the oft-overlooked protagonist of LucasArts' underground hit Shadows of the Empire, Dash Rendar. Now, what I do with thia gimmick, y'all listening? I do whatever it takes, whatever it takes, to shoe-horn in Dash Rendar into whatever LP I do. Running a wrestling sim LP? Dash is a character. Playing a terrible JRPG? You better believe I've Game Genied him as an NPC somehow.

Now, some people call me weird, and talk to me like I'm an idiot or crazy, and don't read any of my LP's, but I'll be damned if I haven't managed to carve out some kind of niche of my own here.

So go on and getcher self a wacky ol'gimmick.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Baseborn posted:

Yes actually. Does that matter? We heard people's complaints about quality, and started over. We're listening to you and doing what we can to improve. That being said, we're doing this with our own style and tone. I (we) didn't come here to copycat a bunch of people. If this style of LP doesn't jive with you that's okay. We are not trying desperately to be funny. We're just being ourselves. If people like it, cool. If people don't like it, that's cool too. We're not trying to prove anything to anyone. We just want to play video games and talk to people. Our channel isn't just about LP's. We do other things. Not your cup of tea? That's okay. You can always do something else.

Don't come here to advertise your stuff. LP'ing is a hobby, not an enterprise, and there are extremely high production value LPs going on in this subforum to which you are going to be compared. If you want to do your own thing and ignore what people are suggesting, that's fine, but don't expect to make much of a splash.

For posterity, that's why the LP Sandcastle exists: to help trim down unnecessary and bad things from the technical/production side and to get feedback on what you are planning on doing. It isn't obligatory, but your thread is a more vitriolic Sandcastle experience. :v:

Baseborn
Aug 23, 2014

Synastren posted:

Don't come here to advertise your stuff. LP'ing is a hobby, not an enterprise, and there are extremely high production value LPs going on in this subforum to which you are going to be compared. If you want to do your own thing and ignore what people are suggesting, that's fine, but don't expect to make much of a splash.

If we weren't listening we wouldn't have started over. You've got some image in your head that's completely unrealistic. We don't have ads on the LP, but others here do. Tell me how we're enterprising and they're not. Tell me how this isn't a hobby for me. You think I'm making money for this? You're not attacking our LP anymore. You're attacking our character. If you don't like us - don't watch. It's that simple.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Baseborn posted:

If we weren't listening we wouldn't have started over. You've got some image in your head that's completely unrealistic. We don't have ads on the LP, but others here do. Tell me how we're enterprising and they're not. Tell me how this isn't a hobby for me. You think I'm making money for this? You're not attacking our LP anymore. You're attacking our character. If you don't like us - don't watch. It's that simple.

Your restart is precisely the reason why I made any comment at all instead of letting the youtube dump fizzle out and die. Not a single thing I said was an attack, even rereading what I posted.

You link to other activities your channel does in reply to my comments and make a big deal about branding your channel (which compromises the quality of your product). How does that not seem remotely enterprising to you? You are trying to build a fanbase by creating a recognizable brand, and are trying to illustrate that you do more than just LP. If it is merely a hobby, I don't understand why you are trying to build this fanbase. Some LPs have intros, but most of the groups here that people know had no branding, had no watermarks, and had no intros. They might have a website where they compile their filmography (?), but never really did they put anything in the LP videos themselves.

I was only weighing in to try to echo the concerns that have been previously raised in an evenhanded manner instead of SA's token vitriol, but apparently that backfired.

Anyway, have a nice elpee~~~

ed: Kaubocks has it right.

Synastren fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 14, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm willing to share my gimmick. You too may bask in the glory that is Dash Rendar.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Basically what it all boils down to is this:

Having your name and 'brand' plastered all over it gives across the feeling that you guys are more interesting in having people watch you guys rather than the game when the general attitude around here is to show off the game, not yourselves. Of course you'd like people to watch things because you make them-- anyone would be lying if they said otherwise. It's just something you really don't need to make so obvious because it's a little off-putting. People around here would rather you LP a game you want to show off; whether it's because it's a game you really like, a game that you have a lot to say about, or a game that's so terrible you need to show with other people.

Putting yourselves before the game reeks of "we heard you can be popular making Let's Plays so here we are!"

I got no issue with anything else you're doing in your videos. If you're aiming for the kind of crowd that likes your style of humor and are interested in VLPs of JRPGs, that's fine. There's not much of an audience HERE that likes that kind of stuff but there's nothing stopping you from doing it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Baseborn posted:

Uh huh. Cool story. To each their own. Have you got any LP's? I would sure love to watch and hear your commentary and how hilarious it is.

Yes, hello, I've done two LPs, allow me to level my opinions at you. First off, you yourself are being elitist with this poo poo right here. Anyway, moving on:

Baseborn posted:

There's this thing called branding, and this thing called aspect ratio. The side bars will be toned down in future updates, but the intro and watermark are here to stay. I find it a bit strange that people here would bitch about shaders, but then demand it be all stretched and ugly. Aspect ratio is important to us. If this is enough to turn you away, then you're not the viewer we're looking for.

Your sidebar is way too busy and kinda distracting. More minimalist, or just not at all would be good. Not liking your intro isn't a matter of preference for a lot of people, it's a matter of loud high-pitched noises beind unpleasant to the ears, so look at getting a new intro maybe.

Baseborn posted:

Honestly, did you watch past 5 minutes? I really don't think you did.

If people aren't watching past five minutes, perhaps you should entertain the far-out notion that you haven't managed to engage them in your first five minutes, hm?

As for me, I didn't get even that far, so I'm just going to say that I was put off by you naming the female character "Bitch".

J.theYellow posted:

OP, you have a bad attitude.

:agreed:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 14, 2014

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I was totally going to watch the videos, and then I read the thread.

Baseborn
Aug 23, 2014

J.theYellow posted:

I was totally going to watch the videos, and then I read the thread.

I started out being extremely polite and was met with troll level hatred. We have listened to the majority of people's complaints even when they were being inflammatory and made adjustments to the presentation.

I'm not going to take poo poo forever. Somehow you have passed over the antagonizing comments left by the majority of those in this thread and chosen to focus solely on me.
There is an obvious bias going on here for the regular posters vs. the new guys.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Baseborn posted:

There is an obvious bias going on here for the regular posters vs. the new guys.
Not really. Thing is, there are rules and conventions here - and a lot of them are there for a reason and the regular posters tend to get that. I haven't watched the videos yet, but for example your thread title seems extremely poorly chosen to me - misusing words like "pro" (do you play Earthbound for a living?) just smells of the kind of internet meme-fueled culture this place seems to want to avoid.

Anyway, I'm going to probably drag some hate here and suggest you take this into the Sandcastle - posting a full thread of a daily updated youtube dump is not only stupid but also against the rules and you'd be told that there.

Basically, the issue isn't that you or what you're trying to do are new (anything but, as a matter of fact), but it's just not welcome here. If you tried to defend it in a way that wouldn't make you sound like a ten year old kid (NO U, COOL STORY SHOW ME UR LP CREDS, LINK TO A STUPID GAG, WATCH MORE IT GETS BETTER I SWEAR) you may even have got some sympathy - and hell, this is one of the more civil youtube dump threads so far.

Baseborn posted:

I'm not going to take poo poo forever.
You can always leave. That's the part you don't seem to get - everything going on around here is voluntary and if people aren't interested in watching your videos and they tell you - what the hell is your problem with it? It's a forum, it's for discussion. God forbid they try to be funny while at it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baseborn posted:

I started out being extremely polite and was met with troll level hatred.

I didn't know DSP had an SA account.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
As someone who hangs out in LP a lot, I want to remind the thread that people watched Xenosaga, loving Digimon World and holy poo poo Magna Carta: Tears of Blood, they'll watch this if the commentary is good enough.

My tips:

-Don't go the sandcastle it's not going to help you
-Don't listen to Lizard Wizard ever
-Try to find out what you're good at talking about, where your commentary chemistry is and then milk that.
-Axe the intro down to less than five seconds please, maybe lower the volume on it a bit. Go look at the Left 4 Dead 2 Mods thread if you want a clearer idea of what everyone means by less-intrusive branding.
-Don't let yourself get agitated, you'll just get a worse reaction out of posters if you do.
-Don't listen to Lizard Wizard ever

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Baseborn posted:

There's this thing called branding,

And if you do it here, people will consistently attempt to laugh you out of town. You can do it if you like but it's not winning you any friends here.

Baseborn posted:

I'm not going to take poo poo forever.

Your defensive attitude isn't helping either. This isn't the school playground, you're not making a stand against bullies. If you want people to stop "trolling" you, don't blow a gasket when they tell you your stuff is bad. People love to shitpost at the start of bad LP threads but they're not gonna hang around to heckle you forever unless you stick to your bad LP guns and give them more ammo to make fun of you.

Cut the branding (all of it) and cut the victim act. We don't ask that you conform to ~our way~ because we're fascists, we ask that you do that because we don't want to watch garbage.

EDIT: Also this post is sandwiched between two people with some kind of spergtacular subforum-wide campaign against the sandcastle that you should ignore. Plenty of people are better than the sandcastle and can make a great LP while breaking a bunch of unwritten rules sandcastle posters will insist are law. You're not any of those people.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 14, 2014

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
gently caress the sandcastle, do whatever you want. People are free to watch or not watch. If it's good enough branding won't matter. LP can use more variety and I really wish we would stop trying to make every new LP conform to a stringent set of "correct rules" because it stifles the hell out of creativity.

#BurnDownTheSandcastle

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
The sandcastle is good, there's just a whole bunch of things that just need to get ignored sometimes because the regular helpers there are pedantic as gently caress. Still, when you're at the bottom, there's nowhere to go but up... Anyway, people do say the sandcastle isn't a strict set of rules but rather a guide. People will just argue with you about it anyway in there. The trick is actually knowing what's important to change and what's just sandcastle perfectionist poo poo.

Also, first time LPer here, nobody was mean to me for my choice of game or commentary and even though fairly few people watched it in comparison to the LPs of established forum members, there was a positive response because I wasn't being an idiot about it. Woohoo. If I can do it while being insecure about my LP, certainly you could learn a thing or two about LP conduct too?

There's also something to be said for playing to your audience... Clearly you're getting a very negative reaction overall, so instead of fighting to protect the true vision of your LP, take a look at the most common complaints and do your best to crush them. Hell, just take a look around, see what people react positively to, and figure out how to put your own personal spin on it. I won't be watching the videos because I find Earthbound boring as poo poo to just watch prerecorded videos of, but if you're really desperate for an audience here specifically, you might as well try and figure out what people like that goes well with what you like.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Having witnessed Sandcastle feedback (most common: "Get a co-commentator to magically fix all the problems in your video because it will make it more like that thing I already like") and having had a negative experience with it myself when I first showed up here (posting a video in the same style I do now only I possessed the audacity of making it clear I just wanted feedback and not start a thread because the LP was already nearing its end, I did not receive feedback, only idiots telling me to go back to youtube. Which isn't where I'm from, I'm from LPF motherfuckers.) I can understand the hate the sandcastle gets. But especially when you have no clue what you're doing you should go there first. It might even be less vitriolic. Who knows?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Baseborn posted:

Somehow you have passed over the antagonizing comments left by the majority of those in this thread and chosen to focus solely on me.

I'm sorry if you feel antagonized, but what do you want the people offering criticism to do, exactly? We're not going to white-knight you, we don't all necessarily want anything to DO with the antagonism, and we might not have anything to SAY about those posts.

We're not all out to get you, I swear. :shobon:

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 14, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baseborn posted:

I came out to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

Baseborn posted:

I'm not going to take poo poo forever. Somehow you have passed over the antagonizing comments left by the majority of those in this thread and chosen to focus solely on me.

You still have a bad attitude. It makes you a target. Get down off your cross, we could use the wood.

Baseborn
Aug 23, 2014

HMS Boromir posted:

You can do it if you like but it's not winning you any friends here.

Actually, we are.

This might come as a shock to some, but people are following along. Some of those people came from here.

Mico posted:

gently caress the sandcastle, do whatever you want. People are free to watch or not watch. If it's good enough branding won't matter. LP can use more variety and I really wish we would stop trying to make every new LP conform to a stringent set of "correct rules" because it stifles the hell out of creativity.

#BurnDownTheSandcastle

+1 to this. I've experienced these "rules" before in different places. Meta rules exist everywhere, and regardless of where that is, they're always stupid. It's a side effect of something getting popular. There's always a small group that shows up to the party, gets really vocal with their opinion, and pretends to represent the majority. Some posters here want to believe "it all started here" and their "rules" are etched into stone tablets. Others would beg to differ.

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm sorry if you feel antagonized, but what do you want the people offering criticism to do, exactly?

Not be dicks about it? That's a tall order for the internet, I know, but I expected a bit more from a pay-to-post forum. I was a member of SA back in 2000 just before the decision was made to implement a fee for registration. The whole reason that was done was to stop people from trolling and being all-around douchey pricks. I can see quite clearly that it didn't work. NOT that I'm saying anything about you in particular, but there are some here that would rather knock a thing down than help build it up. If your first reaction to someone performing your "hobby" is to tell them they suck and offer up no advice, I would submit that it is not really a hobby of yours, or at the very least you take it and/or yourself too seriously.

When someone is performing poorly (or perceived to be) in an area I consider myself to be an expert or at least adept, I offer them assistance rather than point and laugh.

That being said, go ahead and make fun of it. It will keep pushing the thread to the top and my channel will continue to get views.

Episode 4 is up, for those who are watching.

Edit:

Episode 4 - Captain Strong and Everdred

Baseborn fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 15, 2014

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Post latest episode links in your latest posts, please, so that we don't have to keep clicking back to the OP to find them while we read along.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
If only we could mush you guys and Gamingo together, you'd get a gazillion views from SA.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Baseborn posted:

I was a member of SA back in 2000 just before the decision was made to implement a fee for registration. The whole reason that was done was to stop people from trolling and being all-around douchey pricks.

No, it wasn't.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

judge reinhold posted:

No, it wasn't.

You're not a 2000 member, so how would YOU know? :colbert:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Hey! Gamingo is a forums treasure who took us on a emotional rollercoaster and we all learned something in the end, this fellow is just stubborn.

Are those 20 views worth the $10 though? Youtube dumps never seem to tell us, they usually get the idea and go away after we mock them for a bit for being poo poo. People who make bland LPs aren't told to go away, people just tend not to watch. Yours is bad and started as a dump so you got the reaction you did.

Go back and take that advice I gave you and maybe next time we'll have a watchable product from the start. You've made it clear you won't but hey you seem to know what you are talking about and I don't and its working great so far.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You're not a 2000 member, so how would YOU know? :colbert:

The fee was introduced after I registered while it was still free in 2001, not to lay any claim against this brave man.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

judge reinhold posted:

The fee was introduced after I registered while it was still free in 2001, not to lay any claim against this brave man.

Lies and Slander! Show me the fossil records of such a bygone era. I will listen to your creationist theories no more!

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Here's the reson behind the member fee, as told by our lord Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gvo1uWAhHc
Skip to 32:15 and be enlightened

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tin Tim posted:

Here's the reson behind the member fee, as told by our lord Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gvo1uWAhHc
Skip to 32:15 and be enlightened

34:35 is where the man truly reveals the secrets of finance and charts.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.

J.theYellow posted:

You still have a bad attitude. It makes you a target. Get down off your cross, we could use the wood.

lol

Fat and Useless posted:

Hey! Gamingo is a forums treasure who took us on a emotional rollercoaster and we all learned something in the end, this fellow is just stubborn.

Are those 20 views worth the $10 though? Youtube dumps never seem to tell us, they usually get the idea and go away after we mock them for a bit for being poo poo. People who make bland LPs aren't told to go away, people just tend not to watch. Yours is bad and started as a dump so you got the reaction you did.

Go back and take that advice I gave you and maybe next time we'll have a watchable product from the start. You've made it clear you won't but hey you seem to know what you are talking about and I don't and its working great so far.

lol, they literally took down the dump and are redoing their LP to match ~*~*~Your Standards And Advice~*~*~ LP Superstar Fat and Useless, maybe you should read the thread you're posting in.

This is actually watchable and you guys are at least as funny as the Run Button guys doing the Mario thread so don't let the subforum get you down, they're mostly crotchety old nerds that can't get past bad first impressions.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

bathroomrage posted:

lol

lol, they literally took down the dump and are redoing their LP to match ~*~*~Your Standards And Advice~*~*~ LP Superstar Fat and Useless, maybe you should read the thread you're posting in.

This is actually watchable and you guys are at least as funny as the Run Button guys doing the Mario thread so don't let the subforum get you down, they're mostly crotchety old nerds that can't get past bad first impressions.

Look I sit on my rear end and read/watch many LPs all day every day, I'm beyond qualified to give my ~*~*~Advice~*~*~ .

And no my little white knight, my complaints are still valid. They still seem to have a retarded parrot in the room, there is still screeching, still text box reading, and branding. Also still not entertaining aside from the posting. So no they didn't use my advice. *shrug* I'm just reading the thread for entrainment at this point and you gave me another reason to post and poo poo the thread up some more.

Also "lol" I'm being reasonably not as much as an rear end as I was, go back to picking on Lizard Wizard because my fragile self can't take it.

*edit* gently caress it, just steal Sally's gimmick and I'll 5 the thread and go away.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 17, 2014

Codekeeper
Feb 10, 2013

Innocence proves nothing.
Ignoring the horrid side bars, I made it through the lovely character naming, but I could not bear the throat cancer voice. Why make a video of you and your lover parroting the text box to each other and expect other people not to tell you it's poo poo?

Dong jokes and giggling about how terrible your own voice acting is are great ways to ensure your LP's get buried faster than Bieber fan reaction videos.

Take the advice others have given and edit out your own voices.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Actually y'all have improved by leaps and bounds: I think I'll start following this thread now. :)

Just maybe cut down on the screaming a little? :shobon:

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 17, 2014

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

Fat and Useless posted:

Look I sit on my rear end and read/watch many LPs all day every day, I'm beyond qualified to give my ~*~*~Advice~*~*~ .

And no my little white knight, my complaints are still valid. They still seem to have a retarded parrot in the room, there is still screeching, still text box reading, and branding. Also still not entertaining aside from the posting. So no they didn't use my advice. *shrug* I'm just reading the thread for entrainment at this point and you gave me another reason to post and poo poo the thread up some more.

Also "lol" I'm being reasonably not as much as an rear end as I was, go back to picking on Lizard Wizard because my fragile self can't take it.

*edit* gently caress it, just steal Sally's gimmick and I'll 5 the thread and go away.

lol you sure got me owned my bitch rear end you got me i'm a sally parachute also i'm gay and bad you totally destroyed me :drat:

I might literally die laughing at being called a white knight. Maybe you should stop being so reactive and defensive just because I called you out on refusing to read the thread.

Kobold eBooks fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Sep 17, 2014

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
This LP is kind of bad, but it's pretty easy to fix.

1. Think some more of your commentary. Maybe plan it ahead a bit. At least one of you should know the game pretty well. Think about questions and topics you could discuss about the game, its locations and characters and whatever beforehand, and then discuss those. It should be a lot more interesting to listen than you parroting all the game text that we can already read.

2. Learn when to shut. The. gently caress. Up. You don't need to read every goddamn text box in the game and you especially don't need to do so with annoying voices. And the random screeches are especially unbearable. Earthbound is a really moody game, let the game audio speak for itself. Speaking of which...

3. Fix the game audio. It sounds janky and tinny and it's a bit too quiet, possibly to give more room for your not-as-entertaining voices, which really are not needed in so great quantities.

There are other problems as well, but I'd say those are the ones that matter the most. The question of branding is something you shouldn't worry too much, as long as you keep it as unintrusive as possible. I'd say lose the intros and watermarks and poo poo altogether. If you really are good, the followers will some. Having a logo doesn't mean you are automatically a youtube superstar. Get some experience and a group of followers first, then start to experiment what you can do and where to go with that.

Baseborn
Aug 23, 2014

ManlyGrunting posted:

Actually y'all have improved by leaps and bounds: I think I'll start following this thread now. :)

Just maybe cut down on the screaming a little? :shobon:

I think we an work something out.

There was a bit of a delay for the new video. I got sick over the weekend. Fun times!

Episode 5 - Apples, Oranges, and Mushrooms

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Blind Sally posted:

Yeah, branding doesn't work here in the traditional sense, see. What you need is a gimmick, my friend, a genuine 100% A1 circus sideshow gimmick. See, my gimmick, you see, is Dash Rendar. Yes, the oft-overlooked protagonist of LucasArts' underground hit Shadows of the Empire, Dash Rendar. Now, what I do with thia gimmick, y'all listening? I do whatever it takes, whatever it takes, to shoe-horn in Dash Rendar into whatever LP I do. Running a wrestling sim LP? Dash is a character. Playing a terrible JRPG? You better believe I've Game Genied him as an NPC somehow.

Now, some people call me weird, and talk to me like I'm an idiot or crazy, and don't read any of my LP's, but I'll be damned if I haven't managed to carve out some kind of niche of my own here.

i want to apologize for my earlier post. it was nine-gear crow that game genied dash rendar into a terrible jrpg. i've already shared my gimmick! i'm such a sell-out :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

This man is a hack and a fraud. Do not listen to him. I shoehorned Dash Rendar into White Knight Chronicles against all reason and sense, not him. Can you really trust a man who lies about something so simple as a Let's Play? I think not. :colbert:

He's sick and diseased and I renounce any association with him.

Blind Sally posted:

i want to apologize for my earlier post. it was nine-gear crow that game genied dash rendar into a terrible jrpg. i've already shared my gimmick! i'm such a sell-out :negative:

He even admits it!

FRAUD! LIAR! You're no better than Dash Rendar is, Blind Sally. I hate you for all time!

• Locked thread