Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Having just checked the WWE site while writing this post, Nikki is in a triple threat against AJ/Paige? This is going to lead to adding the Divas Title to the Bella/Steph storyline isn't it :geno:
Probably. Paige and Nattie working lots of house shows gave me hope that's where they'd take it, but since Natalya is now doing... whatever it is with Rosa, and how little focus is on Paige & AJ compared to the Bellas, it looks to me like a pretty safe bet Nikki will be winning at NoC. Which is monumentally stupid and I can't picture any way they could make it work other than Paige and AJ doing all the work and knocking each other out. Because gently caress me if we're going to see either of them actually have to sell and lay down for Nikki Bella.
The only other thing I see happening is Brie interfering, or being added at the last minute, so then the Bellas can be catfighting on the outside while AJ and Paige do whatever. I think putting the title on a Total Diva is much more likely, though. Why keep the belt on a new talent who could do with the build or put it on the most popular one when you have a secondary TV show to promote?

We came really close to having an interesting Divas division. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Psycho Mantits posted:

Cena's promo sucked because it did absolutely nothing to logically build up the Night of Champions match. Yes, Cena never gives up (and he loves Make-a-Wish kids and war veterans, please love Cena). That was his mentality going into the Summerslam match and he got squashed like a bug. Why is he so confident he's going to win at NoC when he hasn't changed in the slightest?

Yes exactly. Heyman was right, but Cena doesn't want to believe it. Cena's only chance at winning is to stop being desperate for approval. I don't get why you view this as a negative. From here they can go in two logical directions and two stupid directions. Logical: Cena gives in to the temptation to tell the fat guy in row 6 to go gently caress himself and goes into a blind rage, allowing him to beat Brock or he goes in with the same mentality and gets squashed again. Stupid: He goes in with the same mentality and wins or (and this last one is the least likely) he gives in to the temptation and loses anyway. It's a fine story, the only problems are that they've tried it before but refused to commit to the idea fully and so I have a sinking feeling that they'll go with stupid option 1. That would be garbage.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
That Diva's segment...:stare:

I imagine Vince calling up Jerry and asking "Hey do you want to roll around on the ring floor with 2 beautiful Divas and my daughter ?"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Triple H more as a business dude and when he gets comeuppances. HHH is great now and in those pics.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

We came really close to having an interesting Divas division. :sigh:

I suppose here is where I'll write "there's some good women's wrestling going on at NXT" and save the others here the trouble.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Sprecherscrow posted:

Yes exactly. Heyman was right, but Cena doesn't want to believe it. Cena's only chance at winning is to stop being desperate for approval. I don't get why you view this as a negative. From here they can go in two logical directions and two stupid directions. Logical: Cena gives in to the temptation to tell the fat guy in row 6 to go gently caress himself and goes into a blind rage, allowing him to beat Brock or he goes in with the same mentality and gets squashed again. Stupid: He goes in with the same mentality and wins or (and this last one is the least likely) he gives in to the temptation and loses anyway. It's a fine story, the only problems are that they've tried it before but refused to commit to the idea fully and so I have a sinking feeling that they'll go with stupid option 1. That would be garbage.

Stupid option 2: They have a long competitive match and when a opportunity to do something dastardly comes up, Cena refuses to pull the trigger and Lesnar takes advantage of it to win. Afterwards, we'll get a promo on Raw about how he may not be the champion but he's the real winner for not compromising his morals. Then he can go fued with Rollins or Rusev or something.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I think they've handled Cena's reaction to the demolition he suffered at Summerslam really well with the exception of last week which was just a bizarre misstep. They were right back on track tonight and with the exception of the,"Give me what I want or I'll beat up this defenseless non-wrestler!" stuff (which to be fair has been a standard "face" tactic for awhile now) his promo was really, really good.

After watching all the OSW Reviews and getting into the Nitro's in order I can safely say that it was more rare for a babyface not to do a heelish action.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Has this been posted yet? I have no idea what Mr. Two Bits is. http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=28670

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

A Keg posted:

Sami Zayn's music is a Planet Smashers soundalike called "Worlds Apart" haha

This is the first time I've heard Zayn's music. It might be the perfect babyface music ever.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The rumored next feud for Bray Wyatt is probably going to piss some people off.

Ziggler

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ziggler

I have no idea who I would feud Wyatt with. The WWE roster is basically:

Cena
-
-
Orton/Seth/Ambrose
-
-
Everyone else

It really doesn't matter who fights with who, they're all on the same level in my eyes.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bray/Ziggler will be fun. In theory.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
If you thought John Cena comedy about Bray Wyatt was bad, just wait til you get a load of Dolph Ziggler jokes

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ziggler

Whoever wins, we lose. Because neither of them can afford to lose again, and they're both great.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Daniel Bryan posted:

Ziggler

well, the matches would be good and maybe it might elevate th..... hahhaaha

really though I don't see him getting a better feud in the near future what with every other face tied up or off tv so sure why not.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

What the hell can Bray actually do with Ziggler's character?

"Hoho, you're a showoff! It says in the Bible that God hates showoffs, that's why the Devil was cast out, and *I am the Devil*"

Actually this just makes me realize that Dolph doesn't have a character.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Real Talk: The intercontinental title has become better since the Miz and Ziggler got it. At least there are fueds and actual storylines revolving around it. And if the Wyatt rumor is correct, that means even more storylines.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Bray/Ziggler excites me on a match level considering we'll also get Harper/Ziggler (Rowan/Ziggler could be fun as well).

Spikeguy posted:

Real Talk: The intercontinental title has become better since the Miz and Ziggler got it. At least there are fueds and actual storylines revolving around it. And if the Wyatt rumor is correct, that means even more storylines.

Yeah this honestly, they've been decent with the IC title since post MitB even if that came about via BnB's injury. US title is more meh and Cesaro/Sheamus is the new Alberto/Sheamus except with higher quality matches.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 9, 2014

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

What the hell can Bray actually do with Ziggler's character?

"Hoho, you're a showoff! It says in the Bible that God hates showoffs, that's why the Devil was cast out, and *I am the Devil*"

Actually this just makes me realize that Dolph doesn't have a character.

They could make it all about the title, probably the best way to do it.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bray/Ziggler excites me on a match level considering we'll also get Harper/Ziggler (Rowan/Ziggler could be fun as well).

A weird thing I've noticed about Rowan is that everybody sells his bodyslam like it's the most painful thing ever. Does he just do really good bodyslams or what?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

If you thought John Cena comedy about Bray Wyatt was bad, just wait til you get a load of Dolph Ziggler jokes

Dolph is hilarious though

jk jk jk

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Turn Damien as a face, bring back his intellectual savior gimmick, and have him feud with Bray. You're welcome!

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

A weird thing I've noticed about Rowan is that everybody sells his bodyslam like it's the most painful thing ever. Does he just do really good bodyslams or what?

He's the big brute of the Wyatt Family, makes sense everyone sells his few moves like death. Also you could argue that recently WWE has seen something in Rowan and has been building him up and his bodyslam (slamming Big Show is nothing to sneeze at).

Out of interest, are there any interviews or shoots with Rowan? I've seen Bray and Harper ones but almost nothing from Rowan.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

He's the big brute of the Wyatt Family, makes sense everyone sells his few moves like death. Also you could argue that recently WWE has seen something in Rowan and has been building him up and his bodyslam (slamming Big Show is nothing to sneeze at).

Out of interest, are there any interviews or shoots with Rowan? I've seen Bray and Harper ones but almost nothing from Rowan.

they keep sending interviewers but none of them come back

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

What is even happening in the writer's room right now? Has anyone (Linda McMahon especially) thought about having Vince committed? I mean, I get that 'faces and heels are dead' but now I have no idea who to cheer for or who is even vaguely 'in the right,' and not in a shades of grey way but in a :wtf: way.

-Ziggler says leaking photos is bad (good! a face thing to say!)... but he's gonna leak hacked photos of Miz (bad! a heel thing to do!) Miz comes out to say 'Hey, that's not cool at all! You are a bad person!' (a face thing to do) but then Ziggler attacks Mizdow for no reason (a heel thing to do). WHO SHOULD I CHEER FOR?

-Nikki has been saying for weeks she despises her sister, and has for years (Boo! A heel thing to say!) then when we get a clip we see that Brie has in fact been a Bridezilla and a generally bad sister (Heel Brie! Nikki has a valid point!) then all the family and friends show up on Jerry Springer, they all bury Nikki (putting over Brie as good/face, despite demonstrably not being so).

-Randy Orton says "I'm gonna do something tonight that makes Seth Rollins murdering Dean Ambrose look tame by comparison." (Ooh! A heel making a scary threat!) Then he has a bog-standard, plain-ol middle-of-the-ring rematch, which ends with the cage lowering and all of the Authority hitting their finishers, ending with Kane's Chokeslam and Rollin's Blackout. So Orton's vicious plan - and I remind you, this is the Orton who used to punt concussions into people, so his viciousness is a part of his character - is to have other people be vicious to Reigns, in a less vicious way than those same people were to Ambrose two weeks ago.

-Also a cage match between Jericho and Wyatt makes no sense. Hell in a Cell makes sense (I will beat you and your goons won't interfere) but cage matches (in general) don't make any booking sense. The face, our hero, wins the match by... running away?

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 9, 2014

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Clearly Orton's plan was to get Seth all riled up and then accidentally impale himself on a spike in his excitement. The briefcase is his!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Everblight posted:

What is even happening in the writer's room right now? Has anyone (Linda McMahon especially) thought about having Vince committed? I mean, I get that 'faces and heels are dead' but now I have no idea who to cheer for or who is even vaguely 'in the right,' and not in a shades of grey way but in a :wtf: way.

-Ziggler says leaking photos is bad (good! a face thing to say!)... but he's gonna leak hacked photos of Miz (bad! a heel thing to do!) Miz comes out to say 'Hey, that's not cool at all! You are a bad person!' (a face thing to do) but then Ziggler attacks Mizdow for no reason (a heel thing to do). WHO SHOULD I CHEER FOR?

It's not like this is anything new- it's been SOP since Hulkamania. Hogan in particular would always break rules and do illegal moves but it was okay since he was a Good Guy and the Bad Guy did it first. It was American Exceptionalism in wrestling form.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Apparently Miz and I both shop for underwear at Target.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

And GoldStar/Usos... Usos are basically "John Cena after Mitosis," their entire character is "we are faces who love smiling and kids and superkicks!"... but GoldStar has both the WWE Legend Golddust who basically can't be heel at this point, and Cody Rhodes doing the best work of his career. So two weeks ago they lose and have a weird heelish turn, but now they're getting cheers again while the Usos attack them with weapons from behind. WHO AM I SUPPOSED TO CHEER FOR?

Like, even if I'm a total mark, this is just pure cognitive dissonance. This is like watching a second-grader play with action figures. Characters have no motivations, or worse, their motivations and characters change based on what the story needs them to do, rather than either they or the story making sense. And the Usos and Goldstar are as much to blame as anyone - they need to step up and say "listen, this doesn't make any sense for my character."

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

As a Ziggler fan, that feud excites me because it means he won't lose clean.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

People posting about how faces are the true heels and gee golly who do I cheer for are tiring as gently caress. Like do watch Heenan stuff and think "Oh man, Warrior is such a bully picking on poor old Brain"?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Everblight posted:

-Also a cage match between Jericho and Wyatt makes no sense. Hell in a Cell makes sense (I will beat you and your goons won't interfere) but cage matches (in general) don't make any booking sense. The face, our hero, wins the match by... running away?

I'm not sure you watched a single minute of that match because not only did his goons not really interfere (the purpose of a cage match) but Bray Wyatt won the match.

Everblight posted:

-Nikki has been saying for weeks she despises her sister, and has for years (Boo! A heel thing to say!) then when we get a clip we see that Brie has in fact been a Bridezilla and a generally bad sister (Heel Brie! Nikki has a valid point!) then all the family and friends show up on Jerry Springer, they all bury Nikki (putting over Brie as good/face, despite demonstrably not being so).
Those clips were edited to show Brie in a bad light and totally left out the parts where she said she was sorry and they made up. This story isn't really complicated unless you're purposefully being obtuse? Nikki betrayed her sister and has said all kinds of horrible things to her for weeks now.

And I guess you missed the part where The Dusts ambushed the Usos and hobbled one of them? Babyfaces can get revenge you know.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WWE angles aren't exactly Gravity's Rainbow and are more akin to coloring books

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Everblight posted:

This is like watching a second-grader play with action figures.
Vince.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Watching back and doing a look back since WM30 I'm liking how gradual but effective Rusev's build has been. He started small with jobbers and a quick feud with Woods/Truth, moved up to Big E where he got his first proper competitive bouts which where a good showcase for him, they knuckled down with the USA/Russia angle with Swagger which led to a fun Summerslam match (Battlegrounds was meh) and now he's feuding against Henry who's a solid upper midcard.

This is such a good gradual build for a guy and I hope they maintain it through the rest of the year. I'm intrigued to see where he goes after Henry (a USA/Russia Survivor Series match with Rusev doing the clean sweep would be great). Daniel Bryan made a good point saying that Rusev will be a great guy to establish someone which I imagine they'll want to do with Reigns.

Or the Cena panic button is hit and whoops Rusev is the best heel they've got at the time.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Ziggler vs Wyatt could be good.

I mean they already has ready made photoshops to rip from Cena's Big Bag of lovely Babyface Comedy Segments so it'll be perfect

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Miami Herald does a write-up on Sara Del Rey!

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/09/4332101/sara-amato-a-game-changer-in-wwe.html?sp=/99/588/1510/675/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
One day someone will make public the details of the actual Sara in NXT.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I haven't watched Raw in a few weeks but checked out the Cena promo after hearing good things and now I'm probably gonna watch next week just to see what's next in the Cena/Brock feud. That was the best promo Cena's cut in years it seems and it also extends Heyman's streak of good segments to 3942958

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

fart blood posted:

I suppose here is where I'll write "there's some good women's wrestling going on at NXT" and save the others here the trouble.
Oh, I know. I watch it every week. But a handful of people being used well on a secondary show once a week doesn't balance out the shitfest that is 50% of the main roster & the bollocks they push out each Raw, Smackdown and PPV.

... Actually, this can also be applied to the men, too, so basically gently caress the main shows and if anybody here is not watching NXT you are a terrible person and you need to rectify that mistake for your own benefit.

• Locked thread