Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PissWhisk
Oct 12, 2012

quackers
I was playing on my computer last night and realised that software CDs/DVDs contain regular files, just like in My Documents or Pictures. They all have weird file names but you can copy them to your HD! Why don't we all save a bunch of money and just email each other these files instead of buying more software?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
actually that's illegal
kinda weird iyam

PissWhisk
Oct 12, 2012

quackers

AtomD posted:

actually that's illegal
kinda weird iyam

I don't see why it would be illegal, if I bought the software, I should get to email it to whoever I like.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
bad thread

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
think about those poor ethernet cables you're sending those filez through. it's hard work ioing all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissWhisk
Oct 12, 2012

quackers

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

think about those poor ethernet cables you're sending those filez through. it's hard work ioing all day

My suggestion was to send them via Email, not Ethernet...

• Locked thread