Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It would be cool if Goodell is so desperate for good publicity that he forces Jerry out a la Silver to Sterling.

John Mara would probably work behind the scenes to ensure that Jerry goes nowhere because he's a son of a bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Bad opinion time: I think that disgusting pile of Bratchos looks good

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Devon Still has been promoted to the 53 man roster, per his agent on twitter.

Presumably this is to capitalize on those sweet sweet jersey sales.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Anaranjado posted:

Devon Still has been promoted to the 53 man roster, per his agent on twitter.

Presumably this is to capitalize on those sweet sweet jersey sales.

It's actually because Bilukidi got poached and the Vickerson deal fell through but hey I'll take the good press

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's actually because Bilukidi got poached and the Vickerson deal fell through but hey I'll take the good press
I'm still pissed Bilukidi got taken by the Ravens. They keep stealing our players!

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

I'm still pissed Bilukidi got taken by the Ravens. They keep stealing our players!

I'm still bitter over Bernard Scott and he was never even that good

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Colonel Whitey posted:

Bad opinion time: I think that disgusting pile of Bratchos looks good

Yeah it looks delicious. Goons are manchildren

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

this dude owns and i like him

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Did Tosh steal/discover EatDatPussy445 from TFF?

Just curious because I saw him just now on his show.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

he wasnt the only one being looked at in Buffalo

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ravens told Arthur Brown they aren't shopping him, according to Aaron Wilson. So hopefully it was just a rumor, it's hard to know either way. Too many times I've seen "X team told player they aren't shopping him" then they end up trading him a week later.

Arthur Brown rules and I hope he stays on the team. Daryl Smith was amazing last year but I don't know how long that'll last, so I'd like for Arthur to stay on the team even if he gets buried on the depth chart for another season.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Devon Still's jersey is now the best selling Bengals jersey in their history. He's also going on a retweet frenzy of people who bought the jersey. There's a feel good football story.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Any chance bills changing owners distracts Bills defensive like from killing Tannehill?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Dvlos posted:

Any chance bills changing owners distracts Bills defensive like from killing Tannehill?

if anything they're scrambling to prove that they're worth keeping around now

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NFLPA tabled the vote on the new drug policy

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chris James 2 posted:

Can't keep blaming Goodell for a drug policy the NFLPA apparently wants over HGH testing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

warcrimes posted:

Can't keep blaming Goodell for a drug policy the NFLPA apparently wants over HGH testing.

I can blame him for forcing the HGH testing on them in order to get a sane drug testing policy. If he really cared about the sport he'd get rid of the ridiculous weed suspensions while also allowing players access to the miracle drug that helps them recover from injuries in record time. Those two things are only mutually exclusive because he made it so.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Chichevache posted:

I can blame him for forcing the HGH testing on them in order to get a sane drug testing policy. If he really cared about the sport he'd get rid of the ridiculous weed suspensions while also allowing players access to the miracle drug that helps them recover from injuries in record time. Those two things are only mutually exclusive because he made it so.

You're getting steroids and HGH mixed up in what they do. HGH shouldn't be allowed in sports for competitive and health reasons. Although this probably isn't the thread for that discussion.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Atticus Finch posted:

Bilukidi sucks tho

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
HGH should actually be studied more is the main thing as I understand it, but yeah I have no problem with the NFL acting like it's something players shouldn't take. Whether it's worth using as a bargaining chip while you have a PR disaster going on I don't know.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Bilukidi sucks tho

He was a back of the roster dude for the Bengals but he still beat out all the other options so yeah

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I'm done being super-negative about the Bears. The Cut Man is coming to gently caress up San Francisco. Chris Conte owns. Um, Sherrick McMannis.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

The NFLPA should seriously walk back any offers to the league right now, because Goodell is besieged at the moment. No reason to give the league something to crow about while they're twisting in the wind.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't think I saw this mentioned yet, but the FCC is probably going to vote September 30th to squash the NFL's blackout rules.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/09/nfl-is-about-to-lose-its-fight-to-save-tv-blackout-rules/

Roger Goodell's No Good, Very Bad Month

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
N:

V:
gently caress you, still winning this division :fuckoff:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah it looks delicious. Goons are manchildren

Not wanting to eat disgusting unhealthy poo poo does not make you a manchild. Probably the opposite actually

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

NC-17 posted:

I don't think I saw this mentioned yet, but the FCC is probably going to vote September 30th to squash the NFL's blackout rules.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/09/nfl-is-about-to-lose-its-fight-to-save-tv-blackout-rules/

Roger Goodell's No Good, Very Bad Month

Will this also correct the abortion that is MLB's blackout policy or no?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

N:
Henne looked like poo poo even when getting the Jaguars up 17-0 in the first 20 minutes

V:
I hate to say it but hope the Jaguars give Bort the start week 3 for the home opener.

ManMythLegend posted:

Hello new user name

:hfive:

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Well, he made a number of mind numbing plays, such as throwing at a Safety in the endzone that wasn't even near a receiver. He also held onto the ball like 3 seconds longer than he should have on every loving snap, leading to sacks/the pass rush getting to him. I know he held onto the ball a little longer than most last year, but it was brutal how indecisive he was. He rallied a bit that second half, but keep in mind that the throw to Maclin was completely botched coverage and a lot of his stat line owes to that. I hope thats his worst performance of the season obviously, but its scary thinking about the possibility of it not being one.

Yeah He held the ball for far too long. Once Cyprien (a decent safety, only notable player in the Jaguars secondary) got literally KO'd by the ground there was a noticeable difference in the Jaguar's defense's ability to protect against the pass. It also didnt help that Sproles went apeshit and just tore the Jaguars to pieces in both the run and pass game.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It would be cool if Goodell is so desperate for good publicity that he forces Jerry out a la Silver to Sterling.

Whoa did your toxx end? Are you allowed to say something like this???

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
Ryan Leaf's sentence should be commuted to time served as quarterback for the Chargers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ramadu posted:

Whoa did your toxx end? Are you allowed to say something like this???

Mods repeatedly said they wouldn't enforce it thankfully.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bivens posted:

Ryan Leaf's sentence should be commuted to time served as quarterback for the Chargers
Make him play for Oakland

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine

Quest For Glory II posted:

Make him play for Oakland

i'll see you in Hell

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bort Bortles posted:

Yeah He held the ball for far too long. Once Cyprien (a decent safety, only notable player in the Jaguars secondary) got literally KO'd by the ground there was a noticeable difference in the Jaguar's defense's ability to protect against the pass. It also didnt help that Sproles went apeshit and just tore the Jaguars to pieces in both the run and pass game.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the Eagles got out of the hole only after Cyprien and Poz were out. The big Sproles run was immediately following the injury to Poz. I'm very worried about the Eagles, frankly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This isn't news per se but this dog being Real Excited About Football made me smile so I thought I'd share it with you all. Apologies if it got posted last week and I missed it.

http://youtu.be/xCfZOIDXqpI

Dogs own, football owns.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This isn't news per se but this dog being Real Excited About Football made me smile so I thought I'd share it with you all. Apologies if it got posted last week and I missed it.

http://youtu.be/xCfZOIDXqpI

Dogs own, football owns.

This is highly pro-click

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Bad Moon posted:

I see a pile of gross poo poo that will destroy your insides, is this a metaphor for the Packers oline?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A disgusting pile of poo poo that destroys your soul. Also whatever is in the bucket is gross too.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

• Locked thread