Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Q_res posted:

How does this look for this week? I'm trying not to overreact but going with Smith and Gerhart last week nearly burned me. So for now I'm happy to let them ride the bench for at least a week. Edelman vs Wallace I'm not convinced on one way or the other. Pitta outscored Cameron 2-to-1, still feel Cameron is the smart pick for now.

Well, again, keep an eye on Cam's injury status though you're set if he's out. Don't the Chargers play Seattle this weekend? I wouldn't go near a single SD player and play either Wallace or Pitta(he had 15 targets) in the flex. If Gerhart is healthy by the weekend, he's a solid start against WASH, not a fan of Bush v. Carolina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Yahoo default scoring. I'm streaming kickers. Should I go for a dome game, someone else, or not overthink it and enjoy 6 points from Denver every week?

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Need a WR2 and flex. Bolded are currently what I'm starting -10 team yahoo standard

WR:
Keenan Allen
DeAndre Hopkins
Kendall Wright
Allen Hurns

RB:
Joique Bell
Fred Jackson
Jeremy Hill
Justin Forsett

Also, Cameron is my TE, out of these people who would you drop for an emergency replacement if he can't go?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Yahoo standard scoring, no FLX spot, trying to figure out RB2:

Gio Bernard vs Atlanta
Knowshon Moreno @ Buffalo

Moreno is playing a weaker defense than New England and he ran well against them. Im pretty tempted to put in Moreno but Im not familiar enough with Atlantas defense to know if Gio will do well.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
Atlanta doesn't have a defense

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
My cup runneth over with wide receiver upside.

Pick 2 (I also have a flex slot that's currently holding Toby Gerhart, for what that's worth). Standard scoring, no ppr.

Brandon Marshall vs. SF
Michael Floyd vs. NYG
Keenan Allen vs. Sea
Cecil Shorts vs. Was
Kendall Wright vs. Dal
Brandin Cooks vs. Cle
Kelvin Benjamin vs. Det

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
PPR league, 10 teams...I'm starting AJ Green but otherwise I need to pick 2 of these 3, kind of tough choice:

-Eric Decker @GB
-TY Hilton vs Phi
-DeSean Jackson vs Jac

I'm thinking sit Hilton, the Colts offense spreads stuff around too much to anyone not named Wayne. Thoughts?

Might revisit this if Gordon actually gets reinstated, he's at the end of my bench.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

TUS posted:

Yahoo standard scoring, no FLX spot, trying to figure out RB2:

Gio Bernard vs Atlanta
Knowshon Moreno @ Buffalo

Moreno is playing a weaker defense than New England and he ran well against them. Im pretty tempted to put in Moreno but Im not familiar enough with Atlantas defense to know if Gio will do well.

Gio for sure. One week isn't enough evidence to justify starting a probably-fluky committee back over a potential workhorse like Bernard.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Nail Rat posted:

PPR league, 10 teams...I'm starting AJ Green but otherwise I need to pick 2 of these 3, kind of tough choice:

-Eric Decker @GB
-TY Hilton vs Phi
-DeSean Jackson vs Jac

I'm thinking sit Hilton, the Colts offense spreads stuff around too much to anyone not named Wayne. Thoughts?

Might revisit this if Gordon actually gets reinstated, he's at the end of my bench.

Jax has decent CBs and looked downright good on defense last week. RG3 is possibly worse than Eli. I would sit DJAX.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Here's my week. First team:

WR 2 spot:
V Jackson vs STL
Wallace @Buf

Flex Spot
Bell vs Car
Ellington @ NYG
Forsett vs Pit
Whatever leftover WR

Second team:
pick 2 (one RB, one flex)

Ellington @ NYG
Gerhart @ Was
C. Johnson @ GB
Ridley @ Min
Cruz vs AZ
Decker @ GB

Butter Hole fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 10, 2014

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Dilemma of the week...

Ben @ BAL
Locker vs DAL

Ben also plays on thursday which I don't like. Yes, I waited on QB.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Newton vs Lions or Dalton vs ATL?

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Yahoo 1 PPR

I have 2 flex spots and 4 guys who could fill them.

Reggie Wayne vs Eagles
Fred Jackson vs Dolphins
Darren Sproles vs Colts
Kelvin Benjamin vs Lions

I think Wayne is kind of a no-brainer but I'm not sure about the other slot.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Pancakes by Mail posted:

My cup runneth over with wide receiver upside.

Pick 2 (I also have a flex slot that's currently holding Toby Gerhart, for what that's worth). Standard scoring, no ppr.

Brandon Marshall vs. SF
Michael Floyd vs. NYG
Keenan Allen vs. Sea
Cecil Shorts vs. Was
Kendall Wright vs. Dal
Brandin Cooks vs. Cle
Kelvin Benjamin vs. Det

I would go with Marshall and Floyd. I would be tempted to replace Gerhart with Cooks or Benjamin, but I would probably give Gerhart another chance. Maybe if your opponent had a way better team and you need to take a flier.

Pick my flex and defense, standard scoring:
Emmanual Sanders vs KC
Kelvin Benjamin vs Det
Fred Jackson vs Miami

Rank these defense: (I have combos of these 3 across all leagues, so it kills two birds with 1 stone that way):
Texans @ Oak
Tampa Bay vs STL
Denver vs KC

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm going to have trouble with my Flex spot all season.

Pick one RB and one RB/WR:

Joique Bell (v. CAR)
Toby Gerhart (v. WSH)
Kelvin Benjamin (v. DET)
Brandin Cooks (v. CLE)

Gerhart/Bell is obviously the safe choice, but I'm strongly considering putting one of those WRs in the flex spot.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Ryan Mathews vs. SEA
Carlos Hyde vs. CHI
Terrance West vs. NO

Hyde has the matchup, West has the opportunity, Mathews is the proven back but going against Seattle.

:negative:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Ryan Mathews vs. SEA
Carlos Hyde vs. CHI
Terrance West vs. NO

Hyde has the matchup, West has the opportunity, Mathews is the proven back but going against Seattle.

:negative:

I went with Lacy against Seattle last week. NO DONT

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
DSAS, Don't Start Against Seattle.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Franks Happy Place posted:

DSAS, Don't Start Against Seattle.

Next week I have Julius:allears:Thomas and Montee Ball at Seattle, how do DSYS and DSAS interact :saddowns:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
After the debacle last week, I need help:

QB:
Tony Romo @TEN
Jake Locker vDAL

WR:
Andre Johnson @OAK
Mike Wallace @BUF
Michael Crabtree vCHI
Kendall Wright vDAL
Allen Hurns @WAS
Josh Gordon vNO

I was thinking of starting Romo again, and probably Johnson/Wallace unless Gordon is suddenly freed.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

disheveled posted:

Pick one RB and one RB/WR:

Joique Bell (v. CAR)
Toby Gerhart (v. WSH)
Kelvin Benjamin (v. DET)
Brandin Cooks (v. CLE)

I'm not a huge believer in Toby but you have to start him against the R-Words.

I'm inclined to go with Cooks over Bell. I don't think Bell was all that impressive against NYG even when the Lions had a sizable lead and I respect Carolina's run D much more.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Ryan Mathews vs. SEA
Carlos Hyde vs. CHI
Terrance West vs. NO

Tough decision but I'd probably go West and hope the game doesn't get out of hand. Cleveland has to run to stand a chance.

I feel like a rich man at the Wide Receiver position. It's shaping up to be a weekly dilemma, especially if the unbenchable Dez Bryant continues to look disinterested while being covered by defenders.

Start 2 WR and a WR/RB

Bryant @ TEN
R. White @ CIN
M. Floyd @ NYG
C. Patterson v NE
S. Vereen @ MIN

After last week I feel like I have to find a way to start Floyd against the Giants.

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
ESPN Standard:
Currently have a WR in my flex spot,
Thinking about swapping in Knowshon Moreno @ Buffalo for:
Jeremy Maclin @ Ind
Harvin @ SD
Garcon @ Jac

It seems like Maclin would be the one to bench of those three? Is it worth putting Moreno in for him?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'm streaming DST. Who do you guys prefer this week?

Tampa Bay vs STL
or
Miami vs BUF

Also, got some tough calls this week. (Bold is where I'm leaning)

WR2

Cobb vs NYJ
Mike Wallace @ Buffalo

RB2

CJ Spiller vs Miami
Chris Johnson @ GB

Flex

Cobb/Wallace
Spiller/Johnson
Justin Hunter vs Dallas

I don't know what to do with that flex; I don't want to bench any of Cobb/Wallace/Hunter

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Standard league.

Victor Cruz vs AZ
or
Brandin Cooks @ Cle

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

wandler20 posted:

Standard league.

Victor Cruz vs AZ
or
Brandin Cooks @ Cle

I'd play Cooks until Cruz and the Giants actually show us something.

Fro Jackson
Sep 28, 2004

Ronald Reagan, can you help me?
Standard (0 PPR) 10-man league, 3 WR 0 Flex, I'm starting Dez Bryant (@TEN) & Brandon Marshall (@SF), I need help selecting a third between:

Markus Wheaton @ BAL
Kelvin Benjamin vs. DET
John Brown @ NYG

A good case could be made for all of them, I'm leaning towards Benjamin since Cam should be back.

Elston Gunn
Apr 15, 2005

Should I make any changes here?

I'm debating if I should bench Fitzgerald and then start either Moreno, Sproles, or Bennett. But then again, Arizona is playing the Giants.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I hope Jordan Cameron will be okay, I guess I'll hold out hope until Thursday to see whether to keep him or put in Dwayne Allen. :ohdear:

Ahem, anyway, NFL.com, standard scoring, 12 man league.

So with Ben Tate out for a while and me with Terrance West on my bench I'm thinking putting West in is probably a good idea this week, should I put him in over Adrian Peterson, Carlos Hyde, or Rod Streater?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

winvirus posted:

Next week I have Julius:allears:Thomas and Montee Ball at Seattle, how do DSYS and DSAS interact :saddowns:

Ask Aaron Rodgers owners how they interact.

Seriously, I flat-out wouldn't start any skill player against Seattle if I had a halfway reasonable alternative. Like don't start Jeremy Hill over Ball or anything dumb like that, but if you have three good RBs and normally flex one, I'd bench Ball for a WR who will probably have a good week, like Justin Hunter.

Seattle is the real deal, folks. The two best QBs in the game just had back to back poo poo festivals against this team, and by "poo poo festival" I mean Richard Sherman's entire half of the field was targeted ONCE between the Super Bowl and TNF last week. That's insane.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I hope Jordan Cameron will be okay, I guess I'll hold out hope until Thursday to see whether to keep him or put in Dwayne Allen. :ohdear:

Ahem, anyway, NFL.com, standard scoring, 12 man league.

So with Ben Tate out for a while and me with Terrance West on my bench I'm thinking putting West in is probably a good idea this week, should I put him in over Adrian Peterson, Carlos Hyde, or Rod Streater?

Put him in over Streator. Never sit AP, and Hyde looks good against a Bears team that couldn't do a whole lot against Spiller/Jackson last week. West should get bulk of touches, which to me seems better than trusting an Oakland QB.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm streaming DST. Who do you guys prefer this week?

Tampa Bay vs STL
or
Miami vs BUF

Also, got some tough calls this week. (Bold is where I'm leaning)

WR2

Cobb vs NYJ
Mike Wallace @ Buffalo

RB2

CJ Spiller vs Miami
Chris Johnson @ GB

Flex

Cobb/Wallace
Spiller/Johnson
Justin Hunter vs Dallas

I don't know what to do with that flex; I don't want to bench any of Cobb/Wallace/Hunter
I'd go with CJ1K against GB. Lynch beat the poo poo out of that run defense. Miami meanwhile looked good against NE.

I'd also take TB DEF this week because holy poo poo STL looks awful.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
I need help with picking a QB, and my flex spot. 12-team league, with 1.0 PPR.

QBs (choose 1)
Russell Wilson at the Chargers (currently selected)
Matthew Stafford at the Panthers

I swapped out Zac Stacy at the Buccaneers for Knowshon Moreno at the Bills for my second RB position this week.

Flex (choose 1)
Golden Tate at the Panthers (currently selected)
Zac Stacy at the Buccaneers
Mark Ingram at the Browns

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Should I pick up the Bucs defense in FA to replace the Bengals this week? The Bucs are going up against the Rams who have a terrible offense, but the Bucs couldn't stop Derek Anderson last week so I'm not sure if this is the right play.

In addition I am thinking of picking up Hurns, even though I have decent depth at WR. Hoping he continues to play well and I would then have some options for trading for a better RB. If I do pick up Hurns in FA, should I drop Carson Palmer (backup to Brady) or Cecil Shorts? I don't know if I want to give up on Cecil yet because his injury doesn't seem too serious but it is a little frightening to be carrying two JAC WR's on my team.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

My GF just dropped Shorts for Hurns. I'd advise the same.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
standard yahoo league 1ppr, would like some help picking my RB2.

I have Marshawn Lynch locked in as my RB1.

Knowshon Moreno v BUF

Zac Stacy v Tampa

Frankly, I am leaning towards putting Moreno in, I had him last season and he destroyed as a RB2 and he looks like he hasn't lost much of his touch, but I don't know much about Zac Stacy.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

standard yahoo league 1ppr, would like some help picking my RB2.

I have Marshawn Lynch locked in as my RB1.

Knowshon Moreno v BUF

Zac Stacy v Tampa

Frankly, I am leaning towards putting Moreno in, I had him last season and he destroyed as a RB2 and he looks like he hasn't lost much of his touch, but I don't know much about Zac Stacy.

It's less of a Zac Stacy issue than a Ram Are Real Bad, And Jeff Fischer May Have Brain Damage? issue. Either way, I don't think starting Moreno while we wait and see on the Rams is a bad idea at all. Snowshoes looks pretty good and that team was effective against a solid Pats defense last week, so I could see them staying competitive against Buffalo no problem.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have J. Cameron in a league. There is Delanie Walker and Dwayne Allen on FA for pickup. Should I drop Cameron for one of them or debate dropping Golden Tate, Jeremy Hill, or my backup QB Andy Dalton?

Edit: Not the right thread.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 10, 2014

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
12 man Yahoo, 6pt passing TD for QB's

Do I start Kaepernick or Cutler? I'm leaning towards cutler, but he didn't have a great first game. 49er's defense looked pretty beatable until romo turned into eli manning. I think its going to be a shootout either way and both are going to go off, just which one is the problem.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

What to do about Zach Stacy? I own him in a standard Yahoo league with no flex slot. I have Matt Forte and he's starting every week he isn't hurt. Are any of the following a useful alternative to Stacy this week or should I just stick with him once?

Frank Gore v. Chicago
Chris Ivory @ Green Bay
Terrance West v. New Orleans

I also want help on my WR situation.

Pick one:

Vincent Jackson v. St. Louis
Kelvin Benjamin v. Detroit

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Crunkjuice posted:

12 man Yahoo, 6pt passing TD for QB's

Do I start Kaepernick or Cutler? I'm leaning towards cutler, but he didn't have a great first game. 49er's defense looked pretty beatable until romo turned into eli manning. I think its going to be a shootout either way and both are going to go off, just which one is the problem.
I'd start Kaep.

Ogmius815 posted:

What to do about Zach Stacy? I own him in a standard Yahoo league with no flex slot. I have Matt Forte and he's starting every week he isn't hurt. Are any of the following a useful alternative to Stacy this week or should I just stick with him once?

Frank Gore v. Chicago
Chris Ivory @ Green Bay
Terrance West v. New Orleans

I also want help on my WR situation.

Pick one:

Vincent Jackson v. St. Louis
Kelvin Benjamin v. Detroit

Gore vs bad Chicago D, go with VJax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
12 team Yahoo standard scoring.
WR2 and Flex:
E Sanders vs KC
Michael Floyd @ NYG
K Benjamin vs Det

I also have Reggie Bush, but I don't really want to start him in the flex against the Carolina defense. Especially because I already have J. Bell replacing Lacy at the moment.

• Locked thread