Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

But who as the flex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
Pick Flex and WR:

Joique Bell @ Carolina
Golden Tate @ Carolina
Kelvin Benjamin vs Detroit
Michael Floyd vs NYG

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ogmius815 posted:

I'll try again:

I need advice on 1 RB and 1flex to start. ESPN standard scoring.

C.J. Spiller v. Miami
Desean Jackson v. Jacksonville
Chris Johnson @ Green Bay
DeAndre Hopkins @ Oakland

Sorry, Spiller and Jackson.

Zombiehobo
Oct 8, 2007
Yahoo .6 PPR 14-Team

I need to select 1 RB and 1 Flex

RB:
Sproles @ Ind
Stacey @ TB

I'm thinking Sproles with the uncertain situation with the Rams offense, which is hard since I like Stacey.

FLEX:
Wright vs Dal
Hurns @ Was
Allen vs Sea
West vs NO
Wheaton @ Bal
Brown @ NYG

I'm leaning Wright due to the PPR and his high amount of targets but was thinking about Hurns with Shorts out. Normally I would look at Allen but DSAS.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Holy poo poo, never, ever, start Donnie Avery. Jesus. I'd rather start Welker and he's not playing(actually, he might). Start Golden Tate instead of Avery. In fact, drop Avery and pick up a TE, Cameron probably isn't playing this weekend. Grab Delanie Walker if he's available.

I'm also not a big fan of Bush this week, you might want to consider moving Forsett to RB2 and bumping either Jackson or Jennings to the swing spot.

Why do you say that even though he got me 8 points last week and is projected to get me 14?

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Romo @ Ten or Flacco vs Pitt
12 Team | 0.25 comp| -3 int| 7pt all TD| 50yd/Pass| 10yd/Rush+Rec| 0.5 PPR| 25yd/Return 10 TD [Roster: QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, DB, DL, LB, 10BN]

Waiver:
Ryan Fitzpatrick @Oak
EJ Manuel vs Mia
Geno Smith vs GB

Cruz vs Ari or Gerhart @Was
6 Team | -2 int| 4pt Pass TD| 25yd/Pass| 6pt Rec+Rush TD| 10yd/Rush+Rec| 1 PPR [Roster: 2QB, 4WR, 3RB, TE, 2W/R/T, K, 2DEF, 10BN]

Levin fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 11, 2014

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I own Joique Bell and Doug Martin. I've heard Reggie Bush might be limited this week, and Martin may be either hurt or in the doghouse. Which would you slot in your Flex if you were me?

I mean, I have Keenan Allen, Jarrett Boykin and Torrey Smith as well on my bench, but I'm not particularly sold on any of them this week. Allens up again the Seahawks, Smith is playing tonight and I have no idea of what Boykin will do.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So tell me what to do with my Flex/RB2 spots please.

Currently have Terrance West in RB2, and DeAndre Hopkins in flex.
My other options are Chris Johnson and Darren Sproles.

My thinking is Andre Johnson is semi hurt, so manybe Hopkins has a big day vs Jacksonville. Also I have McCoy and don't know if starting both Philly RB's is smart, but I feel like Indy is a good matchup for them.

Chris Johnson I have no idea about, the Packers might be able to get after Geno Smith and jump up to a big lead and make NY's run game useless. That's my worry there.

I might be over thinking. Tell me what to do here please.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Busy Bee posted:

First year playing FF and still learning the basics. Any advice on who I should start / bench for week 2? Thinking of switching Forsett to RB position and putting a WR in the Flex slot.

Just a tip (irrelevant to the specific players in your situation), but you don't want to flex any player with a thursday game.

Your case is actually a good example though. If you play Forsett as a flex tonight and Reggie Bush were to announce on Sunday morning that his knee is no good and he won't be playing, then you're stuck filling in a replacement for Bush which would have to be a RB, of which you have none to spare. Instead, if you play Forsett as RB2 and Bush as Flex then you'd have freedom on Sunday to put in a RB or WR for your last minute decision.

This has nothing to do with who out of Forsett/Bush should be playing, but rather that it gives you some options in the rare situations where it's necessary.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Drop NE defense for TB?

Zombiehobo
Oct 8, 2007

Epi Lepi posted:

I own Joique Bell and Doug Martin. I've heard Reggie Bush might be limited this week, and Martin may be either hurt or in the doghouse. Which would you slot in your Flex if you were me?

I mean, I have Keenan Allen, Jarrett Boykin and Torrey Smith as well on my bench, but I'm not particularly sold on any of them this week. Allens up again the Seahawks, Smith is playing tonight and I have no idea of what Boykin will do.

Martin has too many question marks compared to Bell, even if Bush is good to go I still like Bell More then Martin.

Disturbance
Sep 25, 2000

Kelvin Benjamin over Mike Evans?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Franks Happy Place posted:

People starting Forsett are going to be real sad come Friday morning. That's the dictionary definition of chasing last week's numbers, right there.

I have Gerhart, Sankey, Richardson, Bell, and Forsett. The best players on the FA pool are Green, Bradshaw, Blount, McFadden, and Stewart.

I'm starting Forsett because every other option seems worse to me...I guess Bell/Gerhart is the soundest choice, but I just have a hard time believing in Gerhart or Bell this week.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Busy Bee posted:

Why do you say that even though he got me 8 points last week and is projected to get me 14?

Compare the projections of all of your receivers to Yahoo's Week 2 WR rankings here. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/week-2-rankings--wide-receivers-165226334.html It projects Avery to have 14 points, Djax to have 8, and Tate to have 6. Yet the rankings have DJax as the WR 32, Tate as WR 36, and Avery as WR 70. How can this be? It's because Yahoo's single game projections are absolute poo poo and don't make any sense at all! The rankings are only slightly less useless, although they at least combine the opinions of several people to form the rankings.

Avery's 8 pts last week will likely be his high for the season. Dwayne Bowe is coming back and the Chiefs will likely try to run the ball more from here on out.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
0.2 PPR, 10 team, Yahoo

Pick 3 (but not all 3 receivers)

Cobb vs NYJ
Spiller vs Miami
Chris Johnson @ GB
Justin Hunter vs Dallas
Mike Wallace @ Buffalo

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Flacco vs Pitt
Cutler vs SF

Getting rushed on this decision since Flacco plays tonight. I would prefer to play Cutler, but with two injured O-linemen vs an aggressive D I am not sure how he will do. SF does have a lot of DB injuries though.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Pander posted:

I have Gerhart, Sankey, Richardson, Bell, and Forsett. The best players on the FA pool are Green, Bradshaw, Blount, McFadden, and Stewart.

I'm starting Forsett because every other option seems worse to me...I guess Bell/Gerhart is the soundest choice, but I just have a hard time believing in Gerhart or Bell this week.

With DeAngelo Williams likely out this week, Stewart is a fantastic play, and is a hell of a lot better than Forsett. So is Gerhart. I'd even seriously consider Bell over Forsett, even with that rough matchup.

Forsett is a massive, massive risk. The coaches have made two things very clear this week- Pierce will get another chance to carry the mail, and all three of Pierce, Forsett, and Taliaferro will get a chance to do something tonight. Putting your week in the hands of a dude who is the shittiest option in a three-way timeshare is just insane, especially for a Thursday night game (which are always low-scoring affairs).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gobias Ind. posted:

0.2 PPR, 10 team, Yahoo

Pick 3 (but not all 3 receivers)

Cobb vs NYJ
Spiller vs Miami
Chris Johnson @ GB
Justin Hunter vs Dallas
Mike Wallace @ Buffalo

I would go with Cobb and Spiller. Your third choice is a little tougher, but I would go with Chris Johnson since GB D-line basically let Lynch run all over them.

milkrun
Mar 7, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Flacco vs Pitt
Cutler vs SF

Getting rushed on this decision since Flacco plays tonight. I would prefer to play Cutler, but with two injured O-linemen vs an aggressive D I am not sure how he will do. SF does have a lot of DB injuries though.

Go Flacco.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MrSargent posted:

I would go with Cobb and Spiller. Your third choice is a little tougher, but I would go with Chris Johnson since GB D-line basically let Lynch run all over them.

Thanks; that's what I've got right now as well. I hate to bench Hunter against that Cowboys D though...

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

OfChristandMen posted:

Pick Flex and WR:

Joique Bell @ Carolina
Golden Tate @ Carolina
Kelvin Benjamin vs Detroit
Michael Floyd vs NYG

Definitely take Floyd as your WR. Flex is a little tougher, but I like Benjamin a lot.

On that note, I'm trying to decide between Big Ben and Carson Palmer for QB. I'm leaning towards Palmer because the Giants D is just that bad. Reasonable move?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
QB:

RGIII vs. Jacksonville
or
Locker vs. Dallas

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks; that's what I've got right now as well. I hate to bench Hunter against that Cowboys D though...

Its probably really close between the two. I don't think there is any question that Hunter will get catches or CJ2K will get rushing yards in their matchups. My only concern with Hunter is that we have only seen one game so far this year and in his rookie season he had limited targets/receptions and only 4 TD's. I would be more comfortable starting him after seeing a couple more games. Although I guess if there is any time to start him, its against that Dallas D, whoof.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Abugadu posted:

QB:

RGIII vs. Jacksonville
or
Locker vs. Dallas

Locker v. Dallas. No Question. I'm nervous as hell about all my Washington players. I think Jacksonville's D is pretty drat good and will continue to punish RG3. Dallas' defense is bad, and their offense might be pretty good. I think Locker has a much higher ceiling and at worst an even floor.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 12, 2014

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Abugadu posted:

QB:

RGIII vs. Jacksonville
or
Locker vs. Dallas

A hundred times Locker. RGIII looked terrible in Game 1 and Locker is going up against the historically bad Dallas defense after a respectable Week 1 showing against KC.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Abugadu posted:

QB:

RGIII vs. Jacksonville
or
Locker vs. Dallas

Locker, no doubt.

Rogue Elephant posted:

Definitely take Floyd as your WR. Flex is a little tougher, but I like Benjamin a lot.

On that note, I'm trying to decide between Big Ben and Carson Palmer for QB. I'm leaning towards Palmer because the Giants D is just that bad. Reasonable move?

Ben is historically terrible in Baltimore, Palmer.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Pain of Mind posted:

Flacco vs Pitt
Cutler vs SF

Is no one else available? Jake Locker? It's terrible to start Flacco on a Thursday, but Cutler on the road in a night game perhaps without Marshall and/or Jeffrey is awful too.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Speaking of not trusting Washington's *

Recommend to me a a flex in a 20 team, standard scoring league:

Pierre Garcon
Trent Richardson
Lamar Miller
Greg Jennings
Andrew Hawkins

I'm trying to talk myself out of Garcon.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Subterfrugal posted:

Speaking of not trusting Washington's *

Recommend to me a a flex in a 20 team, standard scoring league:

Pierre Garcon
Trent Richardson
Lamar Miller
Greg Jennings
Andrew Hawkins

I'm trying to talk myself out of Garcon.

Andrew Hawkins had a pretty good Week 1 showing, and should get a lot of targets from Hoyer against a pretty bad Saints secondary. Garcon is definitely better but who knows what RGIII will do this week.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Quick: Wheaton or Justin Hunter for my flex in PPR. Leaning towards Wheaton since he seems more established but Hunter will probably break out against Allas

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

disheveled posted:

...have you heard of Justin Forsett before last week?

I don't get why all of you guys expect the Ravens new RBBC to be world-class. Starting Forsett at all is probably a bad idea unless you have total trash at RB, but I guess everyone would rather take these absurd flyers in the hopes that the random undraftable player is now the next big thing.

Anyway.

Definitely start Gerhart over Bell. I like Bell quite a bit but I don't expect too much out of him vs. Carolina.

I'm flexing Forsett and I'm not even worried. So many productive (note: I didn't say elite or skilled) players come out of nowhere on the backs of volume and opportunity. Yesteryear's Shonn Greene, Ahmed Bradshaw, Eric Decker, Bobby Rainey, so on.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm flexing Forsett and I'm not even worried. So many productive (note: I didn't say elite or skilled) players come out of nowhere on the backs of volume and opportunity. Yesteryear's Shonn Greene, Ahmed Bradshaw, Eric Decker, Bobby Rainey, so on.

None of those dudes were in a three way RBBC situation. :confused:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

NFL Standard rules, non PPR. Pick a flex for me.

Shane Vereen @Min
Brandin Cooks @Cle
Kelvin Benjamin vs. Det

I never play non PPR so I'm kind of at a loss on this one.

Benjamin

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Disturbance posted:

Kelvin Benjamin over Mike Evans?

Very much so.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Franks Happy Place posted:

None of those dudes were in a three way RBBC situation. :confused:

You make it seem like splits will be evenly thirded.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down
McCoy is my RB1 but I need to choose an RB2...
Joique Bell @Car - Bush may be restricted this week and I rank Bell pretty highly but Carolina's run defense is pretty stout.
Toby Gerhart @Was - Questionable (Ankle) - I drafted him in the 7th round, value was too good there. I don't like this offense at all and rank him quite low - everyone else seems to be high on him though.
Jeremy Hill vs Atl - A great matchup but his use last week was awful and I don't really trust *coach speak* after getting burned by Spiller last year.
Ben Tate - Out.

Pierre Thomas, Shone Green, Chris Ivory & James Starks are all free agents -- the only bench player I'm willing to part with is Malcolm Floyd but I'm not in love with any of the available players.

Can someone convince me not to start Bell

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

climboutonalimb posted:

McCoy is my RB1 but I need to choose an RB2...
Joique Bell @Car - Bush may be restricted this week and I rank Bell pretty highly but Carolina's run defense is pretty stout.
Toby Gerhart @Was - Questionable (Ankle) - I drafted him in the 7th round, value was too good there. I don't like this offense at all and rank him quite low - everyone else seems to be high on him though.
Jeremy Hill vs Atl - A great matchup but his use last week was awful and I don't really trust *coach speak* after getting burned by Spiller last year.
Ben Tate - Out.

Pierre Thomas, Shone Green, Chris Ivory & James Starks are all free agents -- the only bench player I'm willing to part with is Malcolm Floyd but I'm not in love with any of the available players.

Can someone convince me not to start Bell

Green is a very good match up for this week but probably not at the expense of Floyd. If you don't want to gamble with Hill, I think Gerhart is a strong play against a bad defense.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'll admit that Forsett was one yard away from stealing a decent performance, but that game goes to show just how high the variance is going to be with that group.

milkfat
May 6, 2003
Moo.

disheveled posted:

I'll admit that Forsett was one yard away from stealing a decent performance, but that game goes to show just how high the variance is going to be with that group.

He did look good, but it certainly is hard to get excited about RBBC. Thought he might squeeze it in but no dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

disheveled posted:

Taliaferro didn't see the field once. I think this situation can be best described as Panthersesque (Deangelo Williams/ jStew) minus Tolbert and a rushing QB. Or a lite BUF ground game.

• Locked thread