Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Her music isn't nearly bad enough to explain the hatred of her I see all over the place. I guess she had a bad SNL but people were gleeful about that because they hated her already. I'm not saying she's the best thing ever but people hate her like people hate Bieber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Petty poo poo about celbs is pretty stupid unless youre a teen or an idiot

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't hate her but she seems like a big phoney baloney gimmick which makes it hard to like her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

I don't hate her but she seems like a big phoney baloney gimmick which makes it hard to like her.

In the music industry!!! No!!!!

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
She named one of her songs video games, and it had nothing to do with videos games. Also that song was boring.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

She named one of her songs video games, and it had nothing to do with videos games. Also that song was boring.

Boring music seems to be her thing but that's fine sometimes you just want some boring music.

Is there a young starlet who has taken her mantle as the most hated indie music person?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Weird lips, great voice, people retards

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

NESguerilla posted:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What the gently caress!??

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
she's a woman

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

zoux posted:

Boring music seems to be her thing but that's fine sometimes you just want some boring music.

Is there a young starlet who has taken her mantle as the most hated indie music person?

Lily Allen?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

zoux posted:

In the music industry!!! No!!!!

Yeah but not in a cool way in a obviously trying way too hard and not pulling it off way.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

We hate her for the same reason we hate you.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

vyst posted:

We hate her for the same reason we hate you.

I'd like to burn the OP

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
post a pic ok

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah but not in a cool way in a obviously trying way too hard and not pulling it off way.

I just don't see a substantial difference between her and Lorde or Charli XCX and people love them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

zoux posted:

I just don't see a substantial difference between her and Lorde or Charli XCX and people love them.

Lorde pulls is off better and and Charlie XCX is pretty much just non pretentious dumb pop and not really a good comparison.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

zoux posted:

Get real.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
why isn't there ever any background on these random ppl

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm going to say it: I think hipsters looked at her and were like bleargh and then they looked at them selves and couldn't tell a difference!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

gently caress the ROW posted:

Monarch/MKULTRA

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

you can't be in gbs without offhand knowledge of every flash in the pan celebrity

get him boys

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

zoux posted:

Not yet, when I was looking at image macros for cute animals, a few of those images told me that she won the mtv "rock video of the year" award and pissed off the internet dorks even more, because the dorks don't feel like she deserves to be called rock. "And I'm just sitting her going MTV still exists?"

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

zoux posted:

I'm going to say it: I think hipsters looked at her and were like bleargh and then they looked at them selves and couldn't tell a difference!

Its a bad thread, just drop it.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

zoux posted:

no, unless you count trendy hipsters who are somehow even more shallow

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OMFG FURRY posted:

no, unless you count trendy hipsters who are somehow even more shallow

I do.

She made the pro and wise statement "I wish I was dead already" and then Frances Bean Cobain was like "excuse me but death is NOT cool."

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 9, 2014

naem
May 29, 2011

That's pretty insightful zoux

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm an adult man and I just made an opinion on this and know who all of these people are. Gonna go blow my head off now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she's some billionaire heiress who literally had her daddy buy a career for her so that could've rubbed some people the wrong way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

she's some billionaire heiress who literally had her daddy buy a career for her so that could've rubbed some people the wrong way

I'm gonna need to see some proof of that thanks.

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm not sure why people decide to hate certain celebrities.

I don't like country music but that just means ill to listen to something else, I'm not going to talk for hours about it

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

naem posted:

I'm not sure why people decide to hate certain celebrities.

I don't like country music but that just means ill to listen to something else, I'm not going to talk for hours about it

I hate celebrities that my ex's liked

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Can we get some PHIZ posters in here to explain

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The secret to people's hatred of Lana Del Rey? Let's ask Major Harris:

I see. Thank you, Major Harris.

naem
May 29, 2011

OMFG FURRY posted:

I hate celebrities that my ex's liked

Actually me too I had an ex that dragged me out to clubs a lot, I can't ever hear that song "shots" again

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I think shes pretty. :3:

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXMrPVJAuZ0

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 9, 2014

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Lana del gay

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I've heard a few of her songs, she seems pretty chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pitchfork gave her latest a 7.1

• Locked thread