Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Players are cheaper now. You are getting matched to people around your division level.

I'm just playing single matches, not divisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Thom P. Tiers posted:

demo and beta aren't the same thing, unless you meant beta instead of demo.

They might as well be the same thing. These people barely change poo poo over a full year of development. You think they will make radical gameplay changes in a few weeks? That would be a first.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I've played the beta a bit more, I guess because I'm a terrible person and I got a couple 2 win drafts but no more than that.

The main thing I can say is like everyone said, just use the fuckin RB pass all the time. Even if you are almost right next to someone. The only time you shouldn't use it is like if you are passing it back I guess and there is ABSOLUTELY no one nearby that could take it. Otherwise just use the stupid RB pass it's really good and there's not that much penalty to your first touch and like the other thing is this: If you use it, you get a bad first touch sometimes, and some of those times you will lose the ball. If you DON'T use it, the defender will always come steal the ball 100% of the time so you're way better off just taking the risk with the hard pass.

Also, on a related note, I don't think RB+triangle does anything so I'm just constantly trying to do through balls that just get tapped and rolled on the ground really slow and intercepted. This is pretty annoying.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I do RB through ball and it seems to be the exact same as RB pass. Goes right to the feet.

Also, might sound dumb and I might get poo poo, but play the draft in single player. 4 wins is easy and you get prizes about the same tier you would online.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Why would I play against the ai for rewards that won't even carry over into the real game

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Draft mode is really fun. Although I noticed when I played with Ronaldo/Neymar, they seem really really slow. You'd think with 90+ pace/acceleration they wouldn't get caught by the defenders with such ease.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

Why would I play against the ai for rewards that won't even carry over into the real game

the same reason you'd play against people for rewards?

Also, didn't the beta from last year carry over? Either or I'm just curious about ratings and such.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
But I'm playing against people so I can play the game against people, not for the rewards

I don't care about the rewards, you are insane if you think they are letting you keep coins and poo poo from when gold packs are 2000 coins and draft mode is 50 coins

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tzen posted:

Draft mode is really fun. Although I noticed when I played with Ronaldo/Neymar, they seem really really slow. You'd think with 90+ pace/acceleration they wouldn't get caught by the defenders with such ease.

I feel the same way, nobody seems fast. Sometimes people chase out with their CB when they shouldn't and I get a clean through ball to Suarez or some poo poo and he just feels like he's moving underwater and they all just insta catch up to him

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Stefan Prodan posted:

But I'm playing against people so I can play the game against people, not for the rewards

I don't care about the rewards, you are insane if you think they are letting you keep coins and poo poo from when gold packs are 2000 coins and draft mode is 50 coins

I could have sworn they did. Either or like I said, I'm having fun loving around and opening packs.

edit: Nope, it was that early access thing they did with 14 I'm thinking of.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Sounds like they realized how bad they made defending dribbling last year especially early on and have overcompensated to where now the defense is overpowered. hmm.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

T Bowl posted:

Sounds like they realized how bad they made defending dribbling last year especially early on and have overcompensated to where now the defense is overpowered. hmm.

The defense is...weird. They are VERY good at intercepting passes if you don't use the RB thing but it's actually harder than last year to manually get in front of a dude and just take the ball if he is zigzagging around slowly. I've had a couple times where I feel like I square up perfectly with the jockey thing and they just maneuver right by me

In general though I think people are gonna figure out pretty fast that you have to just RB pass everything and the interception stuff isn't really gonna happen, you are just gonna see everyone lasering passes all over the field

And then hopefully they are gonna patch some zip back into the normal passes, at least enough that they aren't just auto turnovers

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 20, 2015

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

The defense is...weird. They are VERY good at intercepting passes if you don't use the RB thing but it's actually harder than last year to manually get in front of a dude and just take the ball if he is zigzagging around slowly. I've had a couple times where I feel like I square up perfectly with the jockey thing and they just maneuver right by me

In general though I think people are gonna figure out pretty fast that you have to just RB pass everything and the interception stuff isn't really gonna happen, you are just gonna see everyone lasering passes all over the field

And then hopefully they are gonna patch some zip back into the normal passes, at least enough that they aren't just auto turnovers

Yeah in 15 one of my better skills was tackling and defending in general. In the 16 beta it just doesn't seem possible. I've had my player lined up perfectly, timed the tackle right, and it just 'goes through' the player and they walk out of it just fine or brush it off like nothing. I'm really only able to get the ball through interceptions. - If this is in the live game I can definately see it getting patched out, just like how the pace whoring/directional change was patched out early on in 15.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Someone said you can double tap x to get up out of a slide tackle but Ive not tried it yet

Beta doesnt carry over Soulex.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
i unironically cant wait for this years fluke glitch goal simulator

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

Someone said you can double tap x to get up out of a slide tackle but Ive not tried it yet

Beta doesnt carry over Soulex.

Yup, I was thinking about the early access 14 did and confused it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Decided to play out FIFA 15 by trolling people in FUT Division 2 with some silver squads I made. I've been able to stay up for a few seasons and every goal pure joy.

Squads:

Didavi scores last minute equalizer,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTPdVaKxiRY&t=36s

Jerome is a beast. He has scored 6 goals in 6 games for me,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzHR5Yv8op4&t=42s

Frantz and Esswein score back to back goals,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCWt0FL4hbU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Those are some pretty tasty silver squads.

e: Also when's the new thread OP, demo is on the 9th.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'll make the new thread next weekend or so

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Tzen posted:

I'll make the new thread next weekend or so

Looking forward to it

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
It's beginning
https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/...s=1441037482353

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Fingers crossed the real game doesn't play like the beta!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Big upgrades for Naldo and Alaba, nice.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So apparently Best Buy is gonna do the same deal they did for Madden 16 for FIFA 16.

Basically if you have a GCU and a copy of FIFA 15, you can upgrade for about 7.99*.

Full explanation here,http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/11/madden-16-deal-cuts-price-to-8-with-madden-15-trade-in/, just pretend they are talking about FIFA.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 1, 2015

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Handsome Ralph posted:

So apparently Best Buy is gonna do the same deal they did for Madden 16 for FIFA 16.

Basically if you have a GCU and a copy of FIFA 15, you can upgrade for about 7.99*.

Full explanation here, just pretend they are talking about Madden.

So where's that full explanation?

I have that and that's awesome... I already had preordered from BB.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

D'oh, forgot to paste the link.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/11/madden-16-deal-cuts-price-to-8-with-madden-15-trade-in/

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

How did you hear this will happen for FIFA and when will it happen?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

T Bowl posted:

How did you hear this will happen for FIFA and when will it happen?

Someone at Cheap rear end Gamer posted Best Buy's flyer for 9/6-9/12. The deal is mentioned there as starting 9/6. No scans, but dude's been reliable and hasn't provided false info for as long as I can remember.

Link for the curious, https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/348685-best-buy-ad-96-912/

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Handsome Ralph posted:

Someone at Cheap rear end Gamer posted Best Buy's flyer for 9/6-9/12. The deal is mentioned there as starting 9/6. No scans, but dude's been reliable and hasn't provided false info for as long as I can remember.

Link for the curious, https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/348685-best-buy-ad-96-912/

Yeah, I worked at BB in high school and we got to peep the ads a week early when they came so that's it i'm sure.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Played the pes demo and its real bad looking and plays really clunky (much like my sex life)

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Oh Landon Donovan and Alexi Lalas are getting legend cards and it's making people really mad which is funny. I will use both of them.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Played the pes demo and its real bad looking and plays really clunky (much like my sex life)

Is it still blurry

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is it still blurry

Its not blurry but it has the same ball physics issues I always seem to ahve with recent versions of PES, the passes go like arrows and at speed and it just doesnt feel natural.

I was hoping it would be good as if Fifas demo like the Beta then I might cancel my preorder (lol no i wont)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

new thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740626

• Locked thread