Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

TheBigAristotle posted:

Here's a bunch of cool poo poo that gets me excited about this game

RVP-style diving header

Is this one not ludicrously offside or am I missing a nuance of the rule?

e:

Like does it not apply because the guy with the ball is ahead of everyone else when he makes the touch or something?

Pleads fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pleads posted:

Is this one not ludicrously offside or am I missing a nuance of the rule?

e:

Like does it not apply because the guy with the ball is ahead of everyone else when he makes the touch or something?

Hes behind the ball when it is passed

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I just found that part when Googling. OK then! In that case that is a beaut goal.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Players heading the ball into their path to continue their run is legit

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

TheBigAristotle posted:

Players heading the ball into their path to continue their run is legit

I played about 3 games, and I was very impressed with the new animations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I love how players actually have momentum and they run into each other which makes dribbling really easy but shooting is totally broken.

Will probably get this on PC from some shady site, was looking at keysforsteam where its currently available for €28. Anybody with experiences in this area?

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
The only goals I scored last night were from penalties. I didn't know Boca Juniors had such a great goalkeeper. Also, it is really easy to draw penalties if you just start jamming the shoot button.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I had four penalties in three matches so far.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Is there any way for force higher AA on the PC version? Compared to the console versions it looks like there are more jagged edges on the players.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I scored a ludicrous Yaya Toure chip just now.

Game has some weird perspective problems where the crowd in the background look way bigger than the player in the foreground. Bunch of retarded giants at Anfield.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I figured out what the AA problem was. The PC version looks exactly the same as the PS4 version, but the Xbox one version has some kind of slight blur filter over it, making the edges slightly less noticeable.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I just realized the ref is Chris Foy. I wonder what other actual refs are in this game

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Super lame at first but it's actually awesome. Good CM this.

ephex posted:

I had four penalties in three matches so far.
I keep giving away penalties because of shirt tugging. One tug in the box and that player is dropping immediately. Hopefully it's not so touchy is the release.

A goal I scored against the CPU,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_eP1Re3hSQ
I like how the keeper doesn't give a poo poo.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I like the physicality of the game but it's really jarring when players are gliding across the grass when getting shoved off the ball etc.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I hope I actually pull something good early this year. The best i've gotten is ozil, and aguero, and 2 poo poo IFs but that happened like 3/4ths through the lifecycle of fifa 13 and fifa 14 respectively. I don't buy packs so I hope one of these early ones puts me on easy street. Anyways, probably gonna go Ligue 1 this time with my first budget team. Perennial favorite big Lacina Traore kept his rating while losing 3 dribbling (who cares he's a tree) and gaining 7 on his shot and passing. There seem to be a lot of good cheap players in that league this year.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91r-lgyzeQ

I can't decide whether this is horrendous physics or an accurate depiction of Joe Hart.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
The physics seem a bit off for goalposts

http://www.gfycat.com/RepulsiveBabyishAlleycat

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm having a proper chimp out about the swansea player ratings.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

I'm having a proper chimp out about the swansea player ratings.

they seem awfully high

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

they seem awfully high

Ashley Young is a 78
Gylfi is a 77

What a world.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

sassassin posted:

Ashley Young is a 78
Gylfi is a 77

What a world.

I fwiggen love Gylfi he scores fully sick free kicks for me

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Canas is a 77 lol this is such bullshit.

Barry Bannan 75
Ki Sung Yeung 74

So much overrated MLS poo poo. While Ridgewell is a 70 even though he dribbled through their whole league to score for fun.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 15, 2014

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Barry Bannan 75
Ki Sung Yeung 74

So much overrated MLS poo poo. While Ridgewell is a 70 even though he dribbled through their whole league to score for fun.

Haha caring about video game ratings what a fail

...now, if someone were to want to partake in this fail, where would they go hypothetically to see these ratings

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Haha caring about video game ratings what a fail

...now, if someone were to want to partake in this fail, where would they go hypothetically to see these ratings

futhead has them all I think

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I played a bit more of the demo last night and it is really fun and feels like an amped up version of 13 which is cool & good in this posters opinion.

Who here is in PC Masterrace Crew?

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

futhead has them all I think

the usual everton getting overlooked, serie a getting downgraded, spain getting boosted, its definitely a fifa

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Duncan Sperguson posted:

the usual everton getting overlooked, serie a getting downgraded, spain getting boosted, its definitely a fifa

Reading are looking super shite this year

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ephex posted:

I played a bit more of the demo last night and it is really fun and feels like an amped up version of 13 which is cool & good in this posters opinion.

Who here is in PC Masterrace Crew?

Me and some other nerds.

Welcum to the cool and good side of gaming.

By cool and good I mean really super autistic.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

sassassin posted:

Barry Bannan 75
Ki Sung Yeung 74

First thread meltdown, mark it. I don't know how your bitching about Swansea's ratings, they're pretty accurate barring Ki.

Also I like how their new dumb physical and defense formulas are dropping players ratings while they get better like Tevez (and more importantly Obafemi Martins).

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 15, 2014

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Anyone planning on checking out the PES 2015 demo when it drops in two days? Think it'd be worth making a thread?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Anyone planning on checking out the PES 2015 demo when it drops in two days? Think it'd be worth making a thread?

Maybe this is the year PES won't be garbage!!

(It'll be garbage, R I P)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETC_NGiJiys

Man, the game really is pretty gorgeous.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Yeah, this is really jarring. A goal weighing dozens and dozens of kilograms flails around every time you casually sidefoot in a shot with barely any power. Another instance of "HEY GUYS WE HAVE THIS TECHNOLOGY NOW" when they go totally overboard with it.

Still, gameplay is a massive improvement over FIFA 14 on manual controls. Pass power scaling finally works, you can at last play really short passes in tight spaces. In all previous games the minimum amount of passing power on manual has always been way too much, now it's spot on. Underpowering passes is a real possibility now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Seltzer posted:

First thread meltdown, mark it. I don't know how your bitching about Swansea's ratings, they're pretty accurate barring Ki.

They're nonsense. Downgrades for first team players. Big club bias. Anti-Welsh racism. Pro-Spanish media narrative.

It's some sickening poo poo itpo.

Michael Dawson better than Curtis Davies. They've never watched a game of football in their lives.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Sep 16, 2014

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer

Follow That Fish! posted:

Yeah, this is really jarring. A goal weighing dozens and dozens of kilograms flails around every time you casually sidefoot in a shot with barely any power. Another instance of "HEY GUYS WE HAVE THIS TECHNOLOGY NOW" when they go totally overboard with it.

I also had the shot power slider all the way up, and that was one of the few four bar shots that didn't end up as a souvenir

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Drunk Badger posted:

I also had the shot power slider all the way up, and that was one of the few four bar shots that didn't end up as a souvenir

Well, it also happens on default sliders. Not quite to that extent, but still really excessively.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Will there actually be many goons to play with on pc or just a few of us?

E: ah there's a parmos thread.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
There were quite a few last year at the beginning.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm gonna play on PC and record my games and become a pro youtuber, gonna eat mcdonalds and FIFA all day and rake in the views, dollars, and get diabetes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm gonna play on PC and record my games and become a pro youtuber, gonna eat mcdonalds and FIFA all day and rake in the views, dollars, and get diabetes

Same but sub twitch and doners for youtube and mcdonalds.

• Locked thread