Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'm getting it on PC because I don't want to pay an extra internet tax to play online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm gonna play on PC and record my games and become a pro youtuber, gonna eat mcdonalds and FIFA all day and rake in the views, dollars, and get diabetes
Don't forget to open packs while streaming to literally thousands of viewers.

- A real thing that exists

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

I'm gonna play on PC and record my games and become a pro youtuber, gonna eat mcdonalds and FIFA all day and rake in the views, dollars, and get diabetes

Im annoyed I cant work out how to increase the volume of my mic on the streaming

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Big Taff Man posted:

Im annoyed I cant work out how to increase the volume of my mic on the streaming

Get it for PC

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Microphone Level.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

hopterque posted:

Same but sub twitch and doners for youtube and mcdonalds.

I've seen people on twitch get donations for literally thousands of dollars. The thought that somebody would rather give their $2000 to some guy sitting in his room playing FIFA instead of I dunno, saving it or donating it to charity, is pretty loving ridiculous and retarded

Props to the guys taking advantage of these morons though

Ninja edit: the best part is you don't even have to be good at the game!

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Cool dudes get six hours of Fifa later this week. Pretty awesome. Be jealous

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Fluo posted:

Settings > Devices > Audio Devices > Microphone Level.

On the stream, thanks for not reading.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Will probably be getting the game regardless since the new team management thing looks interesting and probably should've been in the series for like 5 years by now.

Anyone notice any missing features for 360 compared to next gen, aside from graphics?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MakaVillian posted:

Will probably be getting the game regardless since the new team management thing looks interesting and probably should've been in the series for like 5 years by now.

Anyone notice any missing features for 360 compared to next gen, aside from graphics?

The last gen stuff will be missing a lot of the new physics and animations. Basically it's just a roster update, nothing new.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

They got rid of pro clubs in old gen as well

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
Maxed out sliders are the only good way to play this game

http://www.gfycat.com/FortunateSleepyBeagle
http://www.gfycat.com/NegativeUnselfishHerring
http://www.gfycat.com/CostlySoggyAcornweevil (Better version: http://www.gfycat.com/BlindWellmadeGourami)

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Dramicus posted:

The last gen stuff will be missing a lot of the new physics and animations. Basically it's just a roster update, nothing new.

I don't know the 360 version feels a lot different than fifa 14, definitely a much faster game than 14.

Probably still going to buy it because I can't help giving EA money.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

MakaVillian posted:

I don't know the 360 version feels a lot different than fifa 14, definitely a much faster game than 14.

Probably still going to buy it because I can't help giving EA money.

Why not just buy it on PC? You get all the new stuff for the same price.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

EA, EA never changes.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Tzen posted:

EA, EA never changes.

The best is seeing everyone having a meltdown for it not being up today. Other than opening the few free packs you get, can't use any fifa points to buy more till the game comes out.

Curious how the markets will be with EAs "stricter" policies this year on coin farmers

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The word is it won't be available till the early morning UK time, according to the twitter of one of the EA community managers.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

hopterque posted:

The word is it won't be available till the early morning UK time, according to the twitter of one of the EA community managers.

Classic EA. Is this the first one done by the Vancouver office?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
How do you do the jumping air punch celebration?

Also have you always been able to adjust players position on the pitch? As in how wide wingers are etc.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Filthee Fingas posted:

The best is seeing everyone having a meltdown for it not being up today. Other than opening the few free packs you get, can't use any fifa points to buy more till the game comes out.

Curious how the markets will be with EAs "stricter" policies this year on coin farmers

The fut economy kicks off as soon as the web app opens. Packs frequently have coins, you can quicksell players and people also buy packs like crazy the first day. So you can actually sell your players and begin assembling a squad right from the get go basically. I had a nice gold Bundesliga squad ready before the game came out just by making solid purchases and selling people poo poo I didn't want. People having full on meltdowns is dumb, but then again so is EA saying it'll be ready by 6 pm British time and failing spectacularly after having months to prepare this.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does 15 still have the rag doll celebration where you flop onto the ground?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Not my best work, but oh well

https://vine.co/v/OW5pnxbB5Ei

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I jumped through the hoops to get the PES demo early from the Hong Kong store and have really loved the couple of games i've played. You can set the demo to a 10 minute game, so you get a good feel for it. I'm not great at FIFA, so was happy that a few of the plays I set up actually worked out the way I intended with some beautiful goals. The character models sometimes look like they're wearing weird rubber body-suits (especially when they're shouting) but it's smooth and sharp with some great animations on the pitch.
I don't think my team (Arsenal) is licensed again though, and that's a really tough pill to swallow. I don't think it even has MLS, so I can't play as the local team either.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

barren_sky posted:

I don't think it even has MLS, so I can't play as the local team either.

Well at least it has that going for it.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I hope I can get hold of the in-form Obita from this week's TOTW but I'm expecting it to be super rare :( I like collecting the in-forms from my team :(

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So the EA early access poo poo is allowing you to play, on a 6 hour timer, starting today. I read on their twitter that they are giving a trail to Xbox One users exclusively so I guess we can play the game for 6 hours until next Tuesday... I'd totally pay the $5 monthly fee for this month if it gave me the full game 5 days early, but for 6 hours.. wtf?

Edit: @EASPORTSFIFA
#FIFA15 EA Access trial (exclusive to Xbox One) will roll out to members later today (18 September). Follow @EAAccess for the latest news.

Also FYI for Euros, I read that you can get the game early on your Xbox as well if you just switch the region to region one so it thinks it's a US console.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Sep 18, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Hahaha 6 hours? Congrats on buying an xbone

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Hahaha 6 hours? Congrats on buying an xbone

I'm glad I did taff you were a large part of why I chose the Xbox.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

I'm glad I did taff you were a large part of why I chose the Xbox.

*all the ps4 owners burst in and throw a MASSIVE party in my honour*

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

*all the ps4 owners burst in and throw a MASSIVE party in my honour*

rip xbox live gametag TaffMaster

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I still can't get the demo to work for anything but the preloaded Liverpool-City game.

Unplayable laggy poo poo once it goes back to the main menu. PS4 crew sucks so far.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

sassassin posted:

I still can't get the demo to work for anything but the preloaded Liverpool-City game.

Unplayable laggy poo poo once it goes back to the main menu. PS4 crew sucks so far.

Really? more reasons the Xbox purchase was a good idea! thanks!

The demo rules and I can't wait for this game to come out.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

sassassin posted:

Did you log into EA origin after the first game? After I did that I stopped having the huge framerate drop after first game

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I had the same problem so just haven't bothered with the demo since

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

NattyBo posted:

Did you log into EA origin after the first game? After I did that I stopped having the huge framerate drop after first game

I didn't the first few times but then I did and still couldn't get a playable game going.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Havent had this happen to me at all, and you can check my stream for unfiltered beautiful footage of me playing the game in my dressing gown

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I am going to go home after work and download fifa 15 on my xbox one. I am very excited.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

T Bowl posted:

So the EA early access poo poo is allowing you to play, on a 6 hour timer, starting today. I read on their twitter that they are giving a trail to Xbox One users exclusively so I guess we can play the game for 6 hours until next Tuesday... I'd totally pay the $5 monthly fee for this month if it gave me the full game 5 days early, but for 6 hours.. wtf?

I have also heard that if you start the game download, then start the game before there's anything actually to play (or just the first exhibition game it DLs or whatever) it starts the 6 hour timer. So if it takes 2-3 hours more to finish the download, that counts for half of your available time.

I have no way of confirming, just heard from sources (my uncle works at Nintendo) so I'd wait for the whole game to finish before booting it up unless you're content with the limited stuff available as it downloads.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Pleads posted:

I have also heard that if you start the game download, then start the game before there's anything actually to play (or just the first exhibition game it DLs or whatever) it starts the 6 hour timer. So if it takes 2-3 hours more to finish the download, that counts for half of your available time.

I have no way of confirming, just heard from sources (my uncle works at Nintendo) so I'd wait for the whole game to finish before booting it up unless you're content with the limited stuff available as it downloads.

I actually heard it's based on time the game is loaded.. and stops if you shut off the game. Wonder which is right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Dirk Pitt posted:

I am going to go home after work and download fifa 15 on my xbox one. I am very excited.

Whatever you do, don't swear, Xbox is listening

• Locked thread