Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Can someone buy me IF Obita please thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
reminder that 15 finally has the full Turkish league

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

vivisectvnv posted:

reminder that 15 finally has the full Turkish league

And no Brazilian league.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Gibbs was the best player I got yesterday, and was able to turn into 1200 coins. Have about 3700 coins from my starter packs that I'll be attempting to build upon. It's a shame my FUT founder status didn't carry over from Xbox to PS4, but I don't know if I would have been given more players for it anyways.

Of course the Web App was down this morning when I tried to flip some players before work. Do you think it will be better to buy one player at a higher cost to flip, or a bunch of cheaper players to flip?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
I pulled Drogba and a Man U bronze striker who looks like he'll be worth a fair amount. Sold Drogba and I've made myself and almost full Reading side and this as my starter gold team which looks ok I think and will be quickly upgraded I hope

https://t.co/ceghiGMe6t

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
You should probably keep good players that you pull because there aren't enough coins out there for them to be sold for what they are actually worth right now.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I have like 1400 FIFAbux from when I bought the ultimate edition of FIFA14 half-off during that last sale; should I buy some packs with that now or hold out and do something better with it later?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You should probably keep good players that you pull because there aren't enough coins out there for them to be sold for what they are actually worth right now.

I thought coins transferred over. Or is that not until the game releases or something?

If they do transfer over, I'd like to rescind my coin donation to DuncanSperguson so I can make a team, play a dozen FUT games over 6 months, then liquidate and give the coins back, tia

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Coins do not transfer over from previous versions of FIFA. But what I am saying is, people don't have enough coins right now to make bids for really good players. If you pull a ronaldo, nobody is going to have the million coins that he will go for. When the game actually releases and people start playing, people will have more coins to spend and good players prices will probably rise. It is a buyers market right now, there aren't a ton of coins in the market place.

For instance: I saw a bale open bid sell for 70k. He was worth hundreds of thousands of coins last year, but nobody has hundreds of thousands of coins currently. When the game releases, people will accumulate more coins, and Bale will be selling for hundreds of thousands of coins. That guy got super lucky and will be FIFA coin rich because of it.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Sep 19, 2014

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

I thought coins transferred over. Or is that not until the game releases or something?

If they do transfer over, I'd like to rescind my coin donation to DuncanSperguson so I can make a team, play a dozen FUT games over 6 months, then liquidate and give the coins back, tia

I already gave my million+ coins to a mate, sorry

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why would EA allow coins to transfer? It would gently caress their market.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I can't do ultimate team because i didn't have fifa 14 for PC. Sucks some dick.. feeling that urge to open packs and have no way to scratch it.. it is hell. Christ.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Gunna build a Turkish League team. Lots of quality, very few coins. Cardozo is a beast in a 4-3-3 too as long as I can find two pacey wingers and two center mids to feed them.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Just go on twitch and watch other people open packs

sassassin posted:

Why would EA allow coins to transfer? It would gently caress their market.

I don't know why I thought I read something about it. Probably because I don't do FUT much

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't know why I thought I read something about it. Probably because I don't do FUT much

"Just go on youtube and watch other people inject heroin" See how ignor*nt this sounds? Ugh..

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
I'm guessing the discussion of people using fifa points is all from the XB1 early access? There isn't any way yet to use fifa points on ps4?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

TheBigAristotle posted:

FIFA bux transfer. Not coins.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Well, I more thinking, do I grab a ton of Kevin Nolan's for 350, and sell them for 550, or do I grab someone who is going for 3000, and sell him for 5000.

If I got a legit player, I'd probably keep him for two months before we start seeing the first market crash at TOTY.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Opening packs is the only fun thing about UT

I opened my freebies, quicksold them, bought some more and now I'm done.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

sassassin posted:

Opening packs is the only fun thing about UT

I opened my freebies, quicksold them, bought some more and now I'm done.

I like playing the game with my own custom roster and working towards more expensive players, but hey to each their own.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Cardozo has 85 shooting but people want no piece because there's no pace. Mental.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How can I get fifa 14 PC for free so I can get started on this addiction

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Didn't really get much in my free packs, mostly just discardable players. Got a 2500 bonus for logging in today thought, so that really helped out. I built this for 7550. Fairly pleased with it. Traore' was the most expensive player there at 2100, but I love him so I couldn't resist.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Traore looks really athletic

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
im doing the web app for ultimate team on the xbox jus so i can open some sweet packs

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I've always been a huge fan of players from the African Countries. The Turkish league has a ton of these. Really cool.

E: Emenike looks like the best striker in the league by some margin, especially his physical stats.

thompson fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 19, 2014

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Emenike is an absolute beast, had him in my RPL team in 13.

Here is my budget RPL team i was able to build, all for discard prices

vivisectvnv fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 19, 2014

Mister Twister
Oct 22, 2010
Got Menez TotW (I think, never had one before) in my second pack, they are pretty much always worth a bunch of coins right?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Should I just trash most of these dudes that you get for free at the beginning?

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Mister Twister posted:

Got Menez TotW (I think, never had one before) in my second pack, they are pretty much always worth a bunch of coins right?

Hold it. That'll be a very expensive card in 2 weeks time.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

thompson posted:

Got a 2500 bonus for logging in today thought, so that really helped out.

U wot m8. I got a what looked like half a fuckin' bronze pack with a bunch of +1 injury cards.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Cool. Opened a pack and got IF lopes. I was wanting to do a french league team this year.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

AesirKnight posted:

Should I just trash most of these dudes that you get for free at the beginning?

Only trash them after you've actually built a full squad you can play with. - Back in FUT11 I hosed up and trashed all my guys and then didn't make enough coins to even build a squad. I had to have a friend trade me coins so I could get enough players to actually play a game of FUT. Fun times that

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Congrats to all you lucky fucks getting in-forms

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Tzen posted:

Only trash them after you've actually built a full squad you can play with. - Back in FUT11 I hosed up and trashed all my guys and then didn't make enough coins to even build a squad. I had to have a friend trade me coins so I could get enough players to actually play a game of FUT. Fun times that

That sounds miserable.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Isn't that the point of the untradables you get? Dunno what happens if you somehow run out of contracts though.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Tzen posted:

Can't you scrap your entire club at any time and start over?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Awesome Animals posted:

Can't you scrap your entire club at any time and start over?

Ya I was gonna say, I've scrapped and remade a couple times.

E: I logged into the webapp just now and got nothing, aren't you supposed to get free stuff every day?

black.lion fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 19, 2014

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The preload is up on origin for my fellow PC spergs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I bought fifa 14 on origin then gonna get a refund after setting up UT. *looks down and shirt has transformed into a Tottenham kit*

• Locked thread