Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

"Flacco drops in the pocket, good containment, Burfict up the middle, he's got Flacco, OHHH! It looks like he sacked him in the sack."

*commercial break*

"Welcome back to NFL Football on Fox, we're watching Bengals at Ravens and here is a look at Burfict colliding with another man's penis. Burfict appears to have been shaken up after the play."

He was cockcussed.

Edit
Dongcussed? Cumcussed? Help me out here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Does anybody know anything about the Titans? Because I don't.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Good enough defense with a ton of no name guys on it, decent-ish offense that will fall apart whenever Jack Locker gets injured.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

He was cockcussed.

Edit
Dongcussed? Cumcussed? Help me out here.

Cold-cocked

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Jake Locker is still on the team. He might not be completely incompetent anymore I guess? But it's only a one game sample.

So, no is probably the answer you're looking for.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

:vince:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Burger Trench posted:

Mike Rodak from ESPN just pointed out a scary statistic for Bills fans this Sunday: http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/13151/early-offensive-stat-differences-for-bills

Obviously the plays under pressure for Manuel have to be a fairly small sample size, but eep!
As long as he doesn't fold like that Brady chump the Pats trotted out last week did, he'll be fine.
Is it really that shocking that quarterbacks(especially young quarterbacks) tend to struggle under pressure? That's the whole point of getting pressure. Not even Tom Brady is great with multiple ~300 lb. men who want to flatten him in his face before every throw.
It'll be a big problem if they manage to control our running and short-passing game, that's certainly true.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Good news for you Rams fans. Michael Johnson and Adrian Clayborn, the Bucs 2 starting DE's will be out for the game. So starting in place will likely be 2 busts in DaQuan Bowers and Larry English backed up by the likes of Scott Solomon and William Gholston. This is going to be a rough game to watch.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

wandler20 posted:

Good news for you Rams fans. Michael Johnson and Adrian Clayborn, the Bucs 2 starting DE's will be out for the game. So starting in place will likely be 2 busts in DaQuan Bowers and Larry English backed up by the likes of Scott Solomon and William Gholston. This is going to be a rough game to watch.

Still sticking with the Bucs in Eliminator.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

b0ng posted:

Menamino is loving killing it.

Raider fans: How is the right side of your O-line, is it Menelik Watson there at RT? I know that Veldeheer left for Arizona in the offseason and he was a pretty good LT, how do you guys think they will hold up against the Texans front 7?

Menelik got demoted, so the LT is Donald Penn and the RT is Khalif Barnes. Both Veterans who can hold their own (minus an automatic false start at some point in every game)

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Cocked Cold

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

They have some pretty decent young WR's and Delanie Walker is not a bad TE. Their O-line is pretty good as well, defense is also good, Jurrell Casey is their new big money guy (DT).

But as others have said, Jake Locker gets injured a lot, and now that they don't have hasselbeck or the amish rifle, it's clipboard jesus or zach mettenberger for the save if Locker goes away again this year.

Blitz7x posted:

Menelik got demoted, so the LT is Donald Penn and the RT is Khalif Barnes. Both Veterans who can hold their own (minus an automatic false start at some point in every game)

Is Penn good still, I know he was decent on the Bucs, and the Texans saw a lot of Barnes when he was on the Jags. I'm imagining that's (shaded over the RT and in between RT and RG) where Watt will be for about half to 3/4ths of the snaps he plays I would have to imagine.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Cocked out

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Cowboys can win on Sunday if they'd just run the loving ball more. The Titans don't have their two defensive studs from last year (Zach Brown and Verner), and no one on their roster jumps out as an immediate threat, offensively or defensively. In fact the Boys have a considerably soft schedule and could end up 9-7 if...IF Romo returns to last year's form.

Seriously, have a look:

There is a real possibility for Dallas to sweep the Giants and Redskins, and split games with the Eagles. Also, Houston, Tennessee, St. Louis, and Jax are very winnable games. The dline played very well against SF so it really will come down to Romo, and any major injuries that may occur between now and then.

...Just realized those two things have haunted us for years. gently caress :smith:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Titans have that stud DT

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Rolando McClain was #2 in ILB on PFF's grades for last week lol

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

John Brown posted:

The Cowboys can win on Sunday if they'd just run the loving ball more. The Titans don't have their two defensive studs from last year (Zach Brown and Verner), and no one on their roster jumps out as an immediate threat, offensively or defensively. In fact the Boys have a considerably soft schedule and could end up 9-7 if...IF Romo returns to last year's form.

Seriously, have a look:

There is a real possibility for Dallas to sweep the Giants and Redskins, and split games with the Eagles. Also, Houston, Tennessee, St. Louis, and Jax are very winnable games. The dline played very well against SF so it really will come down to Romo, and any major injuries that may occur between now and then.

...Just realized those two things have haunted us for years. gently caress :smith:

As I look at the schedule, I'm seeing 8-8 as the best case scenario.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Rolando McClain was #2 in ILB on PFF's grades for last week lol

Burn PFF

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The Titans have that stud DT

And a couple of good young receivers. They're actually kind of a nice team if Locker stays upright/gets good and they get decent production out of the running game. Getting rid of Munchak automatically made them better.

Of course I could just be hoping they're better than most people think because they just destroyed the Chiefs.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Palmer is questionable for sunday, we might get the Drew Stanton Experience. Oh Boy! His last regular-season pass was in 2010.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

Palmer is questionable for sunday, we might get the Drew Stanton Experience. Oh Boy! His last regular-season pass was in 2010.

Worked fine for the Panthers.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

otoh Austin Howard at RG was hot garbage last week and Watt will probably prey on him

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Good
Detroit @ Carolina
Philadelphia @ Indianapolis
Atlanta @ Cincinnati

Mediocre
Miami @ Buffalo
Seattle @ San Diego
NY Jets @ Green Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
Chicago @ San Francisco

Garbage
Jacksonville @ Washington
Dallas @ Tennessee
Arizona @ NY GIants
New England @ Minnesota
New Orleans @ Cleveland
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Oakland

Lord Waffle Beard fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Sep 13, 2014

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Good
Detroit @ Carolina

Mediocre
Miami @ Buffalo
Seattle @ San Diego
NY Jets @ Green Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
Chicago @ San Francisco

Garbage
Dallas @ Tennessee
Arizona @ NY GIants
New England @ Minnesota
New Orleans @ Cleveland
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Oakland

If AP were still in I'd bump New England and Minnesota up, but yeah that list looks about right. It is probably a case of snot green tinted glasses coloring my vision, but I think Hawks and Chargers will be a good game.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Good
Detroit @ Carolina

Mediocre
Miami @ Buffalo
Seattle @ San Diego
NY Jets @ Green Bay
Kansas City @ Denver
Chicago @ San Francisco

Garbage
Dallas @ Tennessee
Arizona @ NY GIants
New England @ Minnesota
New Orleans @ Cleveland
St. Louis @ Tampa Bay
Houston @ Oakland

Never thought I'd see you slight the seahawks.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bundt Cake posted:

Never thought I'd see you slight the seahawks.

It's going to be that one-sided

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Atticus Finch posted:

Falcons have just ruled Jake Matthews out so I assume Matty Ice will be all quick passes on Sunday.

Matthews being out is horrible for Atlanta and vicariously me. Not only is this a game the Bengals had a legitimate shot of losing but it looked like one of the most even and fun match ups of the week. I was really looking forward to this game until hearing about Matthews. Atlanta's poo poo tackles are going to give the Bengals a huge advantage.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

but I think Hawks and Chargers will be a good game.

God help me, so do I

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

There is no line high enough for that Bears game, they are going to lose by 50.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Offense
The Qb is jake locker who has had a lot of injury problems but after being a not so good qb his first two or three years it looks like he is finally turning the corner and becoming an above average qb.

They run rbbc with shonn greene(he is rear end), dexter mccluster(bomb), bishop sankey(rookie back who probably wont get the carries he deserves), and leon washington(old).

The receiving core is pretty good with kendall wright, and nate washington as the reliable options and justin hunter as the explosive option(he is going to destroy your secondary). Also delanie walker as is pretty good all round tight end who can both block well and catch decently but still drops some.

The O-line is good so don't expect too much from your d-line

Defense
On the defensive line, Jurrel Casey is the man you are going to want to watch out for. If he is not double teamed expect him to either romo or murray to get hit behind the los

We don't really have anything special in our linebacker core with zach brown out... maybe derrick morgan.

The secondary consist of a bunch of young cbs (jason mccourty, wreh-wilson, sensabaugh), an over rated safety(michael griffin), and a patriot killer (bernard pollard). I'm not quite sure how they will handle dez but if I had to guess I would say dez will have a pretty good day baring romo making bad decisions

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Metapod posted:

The secondary consist of a bunch of young cbs (jason mccourty, wreh-wilson, sensabaugh), an over rated safety(michael griffin), and a patriot killer (bernard pollard). I'm not quite sure how they will handle dez but if I had to guess I would say dez will have a pretty good day baring romo making bad decisions

...Gerald Sensabaugh?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Until you posted this, I thought Leon Washington retired like 3 years ago.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

windshipper posted:

...Gerald Sensabaugh?

no, coty sensabaugh

Thaddius the Large posted:

Until you posted this, I thought Leon Washington retired like 3 years ago.

makes sense he hasn't done a lot post jets

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Metapod posted:

no, coty sensabaugh

That makes a LOT more sense now.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Metapod posted:

He single-handedly beat the Chargers a couple years ago while playing for the Seahawks. Mainly because the Chargers forgot how to play special teams that year.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

:what: These plays are from the same game. Dude did some good stuff after NY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYPN6kPL-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxQL3vV1csU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Matthews being out is horrible for Atlanta and vicariously me. Not only is this a game the Bengals had a legitimate shot of losing but it looked like one of the most even and fun match ups of the week. I was really looking forward to this game until hearing about Matthews. Atlanta's poo poo tackles are going to give the Bengals a huge advantage.

In the wake of the events that lead to the murder of a white dudes ankle:

Governor of Missouri posted:

If we are to achieve a W... we must first... have and maintain... edge protection. This... is a test.

The eyes... of the world... are watching.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

:what: These plays are from the same game. Dude did some good stuff after NY.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoYPN6kPL-E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxQL3vV1csU

I stand corrected. Was that the year where the chargers lost multiple games because they couldn't stop returns?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

I stand corrected. Was that the year where the chargers lost multiple games because they couldn't stop returns?

Yes. It was the worst special teams in nfl history. I cried a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Metapod posted:

Even taking those plays away, he was still a solid kick returner for the Seahawks for like 2 or so seasons. Dude had some serious talent, even after breaking his goddamn leg in a horrible way. Seahawks signed him after he broke his leg and rehabbed it and all, and he owned as a KR for the Seahawks for awhile.

Though, the fact that he was on the Seahawks is probably why he never got much press during that time. It was right at the start of Carroll's tenure.

• Locked thread