Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Nonsense posted:

lol apple comes up with new things for theives to steal

and there is no kill switch on these clunkers

on the contrary one of the main weaknesses of it is that it's tethered to your personal iPhone. it won't work at all without it in range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
From a technological standpoint it has 1 mahor flaw: only works with an iphone. At first I thought "well, a running watch with Gps from Garmin can cost 200 € or more. So if the Apple watch is more expensive it still means you get a good sports watch and save those 200". But why would I want to have to lug my mobile phone around when I go running? That's stupid.
They wasted an opportunity there. Unless they do the usual and apple watch 2 coming out in 2016 will have GPS so all the early adopters blind fools buy a new one.

naem
May 29, 2011

Reminder that if you have on a $350 dollar iwatch you also have on your person a $650 phone guaranteeing your mugger $1000 plus American dollars profit, enjoy

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

naem posted:

Reminder that if you have on a $350 dollar iwatch you also have on your person a $650 phone guaranteeing your mugger $1000 plus American dollars profit, enjoy

To be fair, that's still a lot less than a lot of watch fanciers will pay for an over-engineered piece of mechnical status symbol.

Once I was working in a hotel and this guy checked out then came back like an hour latier throwing a fit because he forgot his $10k watch, and talking about how it had a certificate of authenticity, and then he threatened to call the cops or sue us if we didn't find it. I assured him we'd do our best and he kept getting shouting and swearing so I told him to leave or I'd call the cops, so he did. he called later again, still angry and threatening to sue me and the hotel. I made sure to tell the maids there was a watch on the lose and it was worth 10 grand, so good luck to them. No one ever admitted to finding it, but I hope one of them did and flipped it for either it's full worth and got a bunch fo money, or didn't know and pawned it for $20.

that's my watch story.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I know it doesn't make a thread but why can't you choose to not buy it because you have no desire to do so?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Seriously..what does an apple watch do?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
it separates job creators from the plebs

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is dumb and Apple died with Steve

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ZombieParts posted:

Seriously..what does an apple watch do?

it lets you keep your giant rear end phone in your pocket

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ColdReaches posted:

I wear a cheap plastic watch and am a hipster, to bad the watch costs hundreds of dollars.

Like I said earlier, burn the earth, all of it, nothing survives.

lol if ur an adult and your watch doesnt cost at least a hundred dollars

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

EugeneJ posted:

This is dumb and Apple died with Steve

i only wish stebe were alive so he could be personally blamed for apple becoming poo poo

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

the ipad was the last good thing apple made.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hopper posted:

From a technological standpoint it has 1 mahor flaw: only works with an iphone. At first I thought "well, a running watch with Gps from Garmin can cost 200 € or more. So if the Apple watch is more expensive it still means you get a good sports watch and save those 200". But why would I want to have to lug my mobile phone around when I go running? That's stupid.
They wasted an opportunity there. Unless they do the usual and apple watch 2 coming out in 2016 will have GPS so all the early adopters blind fools buy a new one.

what seriousliy? lol thats poo poo

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

ilikedirt posted:

oops forgot bout my skin color *is murdered in cold blood by police officers who collect my wallet + wAtch as "evidence"*

poster ilikedirt, i have an important question to ask you. the questyion is: are you balck irl?>

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i wonder how many rare earth metals have been consumed by koreans desperately making GBS threads out disposable, garbage tier televisions, tablets, phones and smart watches?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
who care i gotta be hip like in the commercials

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
It looks too dorky to attract the opposite sex.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hmmm hmmm yes let me buy a digital watch that will be obsolete in a year for 500 dollars, good idea

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

icantfindaname posted:

i wonder how many rare earth metals have been consumed by koreans desperately making GBS threads out disposable, garbage tier televisions, tablets, phones and smart watches?

they get recycled so who cares

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

naem posted:

Fencing these properly will earn you a lot less, but still plenty of :20bux:, for the work you put in.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

paco650 posted:

Fencing these properly will earn you a lot less, but still plenty of :20bux:, for the work you put in.

yeah its a risk reward thing and theres 0 risk of the victim fighting back so you only have to worry about the cops

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
oh i guess also the risk of nerd cooties but w/e

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
tpoday i heard a person talking about apple watches and they said something about "haptic feedback" what is?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

a starwar betamax posted:

tpoday i heard a person talking about apple watches and they said something about "haptic feedback" what is?

arm dildo

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Taptic feedback, you mean :smug:

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

today is 9/11 have a little respect

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

today is 9/11 have a little respect

Jimmy Crack Corn

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Don Tacorleone posted:

Hmmm hmmm yes let me buy a digital watch that will be obsolete in a year for 500 dollars, good idea

it will also look dated as gently caress in 3 years oh and you better be using an iphone forever because that poo poo ain't gon work without it

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Well in my opinion

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hopper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLT3D9MxQsI

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Im gonna not buy the apple watch because I dont wear watches.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Lowtax posted:

Well in my opinion

*sigh* these white nose posters

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

*sigh* these white nose posters

Whats the color of skin have to do with it?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
only white people have ever bought a iphone

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

only white people have ever bought a iphone

Thats very untrue.

You should be ashamed.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
white people should be ashamed

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im going to buy 2 apple watches and dual wield them

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

psyopmonkey posted:

Whats the color of skin have to do with it?

its actually a cocaine reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Nonsense posted:

ceo of a bank that runs the world wears a swatch
You can't just wear one!

• Locked thread