Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?
You guys think this is all fun and games, but #GamerGate has you on a blacklist. They will not buy products from this website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
I don't know what the gently caress #gamergate is. But Zoe Quinn is funny because she thought her flow wand video was cool enough to upload:

http://youtu.be/iBiodfeVcnY

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

I'm real concerned with the state of modern journalism. I depend on it, to know which games are worth buying and playing. Ukraine? bah. West Bank? who cares. Ferguson? never heard of it. I care about actual journalism, see.

Aw yes, this is why lovely Somethingawful forums poster and irl insufferable blowhard "ableist kinkshamer" has, since hearing about the 9/11 attacks at the tender age of 4 years old, non-stop read and blogged about the geopolitical ramifications of the event, in lieu of such things as "socializing," playing video games, or "having a life."

Truly he is the greatest human alive, the only one who understands the true meaning of life.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I'm mad at this thread for making me look up what this even is.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Powercrazy posted:

Aw yes, this is why lovely Somethingawful forums poster and irl insufferable blowhard "ableist kinkshamer" has, since hearing about the 9/11 attacks at the tender age of 4 years old, non-stop read and blogged about the geopolitical ramifications of the event, in lieu of such things as "socializing," playing video games, or "having a life."

Truly he is the greatest human alive, the only one who understands the true meaning of life.

itt noted poster powercrazy calls other people lovely insufferable blowhards w/o even the teeniest bit of self awareness

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

"I play video games for fun"

lol indeed good sir, lol indeed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ambrose Burnside posted:

itt noted poster powercrazy calls other people lovely insufferable blowhards w/o even the teeniest bit of self awareness
strike two for sjw team.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Razorwired posted:

I don't know what the gently caress #gamergate is. But Zoe Quinn is funny because she thought her flow wand video was cool enough to upload:

http://youtu.be/iBiodfeVcnY

quote:

There's some kind of conspiracy by the in-group to promote indie games at the expense of "real" games? What the gently caress are you talking about? Who cares who Zoe Quinn hosed, or didn't gently caress? It's none of your loving business, unless you were one of the people involved, and most of you would give your left kidney to gently caress her, if you had any brains. You are unlikely ever to touch anyone with an iota of her talent or intelligence.

hrmmry

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Omi-Polari posted:

i heard of a term used in china for this called "human flesh search engine" or 人肉搜索 which involves mobs of people harassing their victims until they commit suicide

I hope this happens to someone, anyone, involved in this.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i finally looked at the #gamergate hashtag and i'm still confused. it's like watching a mob stampede down a street burning all the buildings. "why are you burning random buildings" i ask and some infuriated fanatic starts shouting "WELL THIS GAME JOURNALIST AT KOTAKU WAS DATING ZOE QUINN AND..."

go fishing or a on a walk or go shooting if you live down south goddamn

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

suck my dick

choke on it

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
My mouse is dying. It lasted like 3 years, and now it's weirded out.

gently caress.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

this is how i picture all sjws

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Internet Predator posted:

You guys think this is all fun and games, but #GamerGate has you on a blacklist. They will not buy products from this website.

It's funny, because the day before this all started, SA mods banned the guy who started all this when he posted the information that later went up on the blog

http://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=211605

Imagine if this was an SA thing. Thanks mods.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
hahah, some real wild poo poo in here. a black guy on twitter? lmao no way

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
the best part of this whole dumb thing so far was probs after zoe posted all those chatlogs of 4chan people deliberately planning the whole #gamergate thing w/ the weirdo anti-sjw agenda front and centre that they swore and still swear up and down they didnt/dont have, when her ex loudly complained htat she only posted the stuff that made him look bad, confirming that she didnt make the logs up before they could start claiming that, and giving the potentially legally-actionable stuff within firmer footing

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Dr. Stab posted:

It's funny, because the day before this all started, SA mods banned the guy who started all this when he posted the information that later went up on the blog

SA blew its one and only chance to become relevant again
we coulda been famous
we coulda had it all

instead we have this thread

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I wasn't being ironic. Thank you mods for keeping a huge wave of poo poo out of here.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Ambrose Burnside posted:

the best part of this whole dumb thing so far was probs after zoe posted all those chatlogs of 4chan people deliberately planning the whole #gamergate thing w/ the weirdo anti-sjw agenda front and centre that they swore and still swear up and down they didnt/dont have, when her ex loudly complained htat she only posted the stuff that made him look bad, confirming that she didnt make the logs up before they could start claiming that, and giving the potentially legally-actionable stuff within firmer footing

yeah totally man. that for sure. lol

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Dr. Stab posted:

literally laughing at how he wasted 10 dollars to get banned instantly.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Oil of Paris posted:

yeah totally man. that for sure. lol

we agree then. good. good. i am glad of it

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ambrose Burnside posted:

the funniest part was zoe posting a chatlog with the subtext of "hey look at me! don't forget about me" even though the whole thing had moved way beyond her and there was nothing but a sparsely populated chat room full of 4chan rejects that she had "discovered," for her twitter account.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
do yall ever get teh urge to just start posting pictures of your balls all over bad gbs threads. im asking for a friend

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ambrose Burnside posted:

do yall ever get teh urge to just start posting pictures of your balls all over bad gbs threads. im asking for a friend

is your friend's name Wayne Getzky?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
actually I take that back, it was funnier when dumbasses itt thought that was what this was all about and then trying to create luke-warm burns about internet strawmen.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
who cares, lol

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

CharlestonJew posted:

is your friend's name Wayne Getzky?

wayne was a tactful and deliberate testicle poster. my friend is neither

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ambrose Burnside posted:

wayne was a tactful and deliberate testicle poster. my friend is neither

hey have you thought about updating your avatar to a more modern beard style?

How about this:

Mustaches are out of style now. Instead of "pensive" you could use "progressive" for your custom text.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HldSnpNxon4

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I'm so loving mad about people who write about video games!

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive

Powercrazy posted:

hey have you thought about updating your avatar to a more modern beard style?

How about this:

Mustaches are out of style now. Instead of "pensive" you could use "progressive" for your custom text.

two quick edits for a post, shame on you. three edits, shame on me

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Remember when Abe and some goons doxxed that little kid on Twitter and they got owned by a ten year old
Zoe doxxed a fourteen year old transgender kid from Wikipedia and that Dobson guy posted that he was okay with it and the kid deserves it

It's like The Perfect Shitstorm of d-level twitter celebrities going nuts on each other

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
phil fish is an intensely unpleasant little man adn i would prefer to not be associated w/ his facial hair, tia

Internet Predator
Dec 27, 2007

I've strangled necks of ages with the fabric of new words. The fires were amazing. Why would you put those out?

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm so loving mad about people who write about video games!

I'm sorry gamers, but your journalist is in another castle.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
videogames are for children

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Neo Duckberg posted:

videogames are for children

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
well mainstream games still suck and so do Zoe, Phish And Crew indie games (ie, a bunch of platformers with gimmicks generally) suck too

the thing to learn from this is uh

i guess if we had really good games journalists, it wouldnt matter or something because

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm so loving mad a loving ant is in my house, and it's looking for food, will the ant find it?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Powercrazy posted:

Swing and a miss.

social justice and feminism are going to utterly decimate your human being hobby for children and no one will care because the world will be better for it

• Locked thread