Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ambrose Burnside posted:

phil fish is an intensely unpleasant little man adn i would prefer to not be associated w/ his facial hair, tia

A wise decision. How the hell do you know how many edits i've made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ambrose Burnside posted:

phil fish is an intensely unpleasant little man adn i would prefer to not be associated w/ his facial hair, tia

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
lets just accept that, at least while we're talking about video games, posting on the internet, and possibly at other times as well, we are all manchildren one and the Same

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

social justice and feminism are going to utterly decimate your human being hobby for children and no one will care because the world will be better for it

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

ilikedirt posted:

if u know or care about dis at all, kill urself tia

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

social justice and feminism are going to utterly decimate your human being hobby for children and no one will care because the world will be better for it
Let the SJWs preach their silly ideologiy, but one way or the other I shall see this industry burned, seared, and sterilized until every hiding place is found and until every last bigot, every last slimy one, has been cooked to a smoking husk. Those man-children shall be exterminated, I tell you! Exterminated!

Something Awful poster Prokhor Zakharov
#gamersgate aftermath

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 10, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Powercrazy posted:

Let the SJWs preach their silly ideologiy, but one way or the other I shall see this industry burned, seared, and sterilized until every hiding place is found and until every last bigot, every last slimy one, has been cooked to a smoking husk. Those man-children shall be exterminated, I tell you! Exterminated!

Something Awful poster Prokhor Zakharov
#gamersgate aftermath

Powercrazy posted:

I play video games for fun. Games bloggers "play" to find excuses for why their lives are poo poo and then post on the internet about it. Sadder still are the people ironically decrying the gamers strawman, to score internet points with their equally pathetic friends and heroines.

The only winners are the ones who play the games they like to play and tell the SJWs to suck their cocks and call them oversensitive drama queens and laugh at the pathetic "outrage" they post about.

What a world, where worthless individuals that are dependent on attention, "call out" people that give no poo poo about the professional victims making youtubes and "internet progressives" ie SJWs, rally around them desperate for validation of their world view and attention, much like helldump was.

The proper response is to continue to poke the proverbial beehive, with their only "defense" encouraging your Schadenfreude and enhancing your misanthropic glee.

Tldr; caring about social justice on the internet is for faggots, as a pejorative.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Powercrazy posted:

the funniest part was zoe posting a chatlog with the subtext of "hey look at me! don't forget about me" even though the whole thing had moved way beyond her and there was nothing but a sparsely populated chat room full of 4chan rejects that she had "discovered," for her twitter account.
oh i bet the game sites are milking this for all the traffic that it's worth.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I'm so loving mad about people who write about video games!
i'm loving mad too!

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
here's more stuff about digra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJyU7RSvs_s

i wonder if any of the professors posted in lf

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
who could possibly give a poo poo about any of this

who

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope everyone involved, Games Journalists and Gamers are all fired into the sun to burn for all eternity. This is the only correct opinion to have on this situation.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

EA Sports posted:

here's more stuff about digra

i wonder if any of the professors posted in lf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jxUXU_Z5qE

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

End Of Worlds posted:

who

But...but... my gamerscore....

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I play a lot of video games and I know nothing about any of this bullshit. I like it that way.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

InterFaced posted:

I play a lot of video games and I know nothing about any of this bullshit. I like it that way.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
requesting deus ex Photoshop with fat nerd as JC Denton and Quinn as a horrible ugly cyborg.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
i cant even imagine saying the words "video game journalist" out loud without derision literally dripping out of my mouth and eating through the floor

"video game journalist"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it sounds to me like these people play too many video games

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Razorwired posted:

I don't know what the gently caress #gamergate is. But Zoe Quinn is funny because she thought her flow wand video was cool enough to upload:

http://youtu.be/iBiodfeVcnY

????

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

End Of Worlds posted:

who

I love how people keep going into these threads and saying "YOU SHOULDN'T GIVE A poo poo"

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Shadoer posted:

I love how people keep going into these threads and saying "YOU SHOULDN'T GIVE A poo poo"

It helps their self importance and feelings of superiority.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It helps their self importance and superiority.

roll it back pony avatar

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i want u 2 care about me..please...anyone........

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006

edit: eternally to chase the kike from his den of lies

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

I think after my fifth post about why do we give a poo poo I realized I've made five posts about it so now I'm basically one of Them

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I like to post in these threads because I'm a baby who thinks the pointless weirdos who say xir are going to take over the most sacred hobby of all, video games and ive pooped my pants

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for Gaming Children

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Omi-Polari posted:

oh i bet the game sites are milking this for all the traffic that it's worth.

They were milking the "scandal" for all it's worth, but since then the backlash has apparently been lukewarm, no idea about actual site metrics, but almost no-one covered this "story."
https://web.archive.org/web/20140906143424/https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

The damsel in distress noticed she wasn't receiving much attention despite her voluminous tweets, so she decided to "blow the scandal wide open" and one of her pathetic white knights posted a "damning" chatlog, and no-one cared. :)

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I like to post in these threads because I'm a baby who thinks the pointless weirdos who say xir are going to take over the most sacred hobby of all, video games and ive pooped my pants

same except i dont play video games just post about them

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i want u 2 care about me..please...anyone........

basically this.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Carol Pizzamom posted:

i dont play video games just post about them

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

Powercrazy posted:

They were milking the "scandal" for all it's worth, but since then the backlash has apparently been lukewarm, no idea about actual site metrics, but almost no-one covered this "story."
https://web.archive.org/web/20140906143424/https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

The damsel in distress noticed she wasn't receiving much attention despite her voluminous tweets, so she decided to "blow the scandal wide open" and one of her pathetic white knights posted a "damning" chatlog, and no-one cared. :)

did you unironically use 'sjw' earlier in this thread

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
all I know is Gone Home is garbage, so idk why people think that "SJW's" will ruin bideo james when all they seem to like is walking simulators with retarded "LIKE THIS IF YOU GREW UP IN THE 90's" don't they they are interested in wolfenstien.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Kelfeftaf posted:

Who doesn't want to hear more about Phil Fish?

ah... fresh fish

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I think after my fifth post about why do we give a poo poo I realized I've made five posts about it so now I'm basically one of Them
:thejoke:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Hipsters ruin everything.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Remember when that guy at Polygon compared gamers, who are NERDS and thus mega skinny or ultra fat, to ISIS because they said mean things about the women :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
one former gamer turns to another

"how many SJWs does it take to change a lightbulb"

the other gamer can't stop coughing. the handkerchief over his mouth is spotted with blood and ash

"none, SJWs cant change anything"

aboveground, the sky rains acid on the sun-scorched ruins of our cities

• Locked thread