Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I whole heartedly support annoying the poo poo out of Phil Fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Putting people down for being virgins reinforces the patriarchy hth

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

zoe quinn doxxed a high school transgender brony for editing wikipedia

I hope this leads to the normalization of attacking the mentally I'll so I can finally give those uppity special ed kids what's coming to them.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lol Tim is bad with money and management why is anyone surprised

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

#gettingdeaththreats humble brag

Send me more money #imadoofuswhotweetsbeforecallingcops

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How much does it cost to make half a flash game :owned:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I need a list of all video games that have women in appropriate armor plz

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

am i really supposed to just BELIEVE anything and everything women say?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

in Joss Whedons "Dr Horrible" the character played by Felicia Day only exists in the film to die so Dr Horrible can grow as a person. Joss Whedon must revoke his feminist status and be executed for the matriarchy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

EA Sports posted:

apparently zoes new bf is a goon aswell.

if you're reading this thread, she atleast has hpv. goon luck!

what goon is stupid enough....

also Awful Fantasy was a masterpiece

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how did he know it was fyad?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is there an article so stupid that even cracked wouldn't post it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

big duck equals goose posted:

SOME FEMALE FIGHTING CHARECTERS HAVE DUMB OUTFITS AND DRESS IN SEXY CLOTHING

*Tumbleweed rolls by as the wind blows a tune that sounds like a dog making GBS threads in it's own mouth*

i posted the picture on my facebook feed and got this response

"This would only be effective if it came with a lifetime of being made to feel vulnerable and objectified. Oh, and shame for attracting that attention. I don't think they can get that across in a costume, though."

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Lowtax was wrong man

The internet doesn't make you stupid

Video games do

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Nebulon Gate posted:

She has to be strong but only ever use it as a last resort. This is why feminists love Mirror's Edge so much.

I thought feminist was supposed to expand what games were about if this is all that's acceptable that's p lame

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What's with sjws and getting ugly piercings and tattoos

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rotten Red Rod posted:

what's with gamers being fat and dwelling in basements

Society shuns them its the only place to go.

Society can't shame you into a stupid tattoo or another hole in your oily face

Don't fatshame

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Phil Fish should be brought back to kick around some more

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Pyromancer posted:

If I remember right Jack Thompson got death and rape threats :wtc: from the internets too, but nobody was keen to take his side. A rich white cis male lawyer? Truly the scum that deserves nothing else, right? ;)

if i remember correctly he was murdered and raped in that order

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

girls want more twink boys who engage in yaoi thats our future welcome to dragon age 3

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Did it happen

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Forums Barber posted:

I can't think of any reason to trust http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/17/Exposed-the-secret-mailing-list-of-the-gaming-journalism-elite i mean it's documenting what the journalists actually said but OH poo poo BOMB THREAT we have nothing to hide.

This is great. Just imagine if this becomes tea party vs tumblr. And not just tea party video gamers.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

natetimm posted:

Leigh Alexander, who has made no secret of the fact that she will use her PR firm and connections through this secret organization revealed today to blackball, bury and ruin the career of anyone who refuses to join her SJW crusade.

Link?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

amuayse posted:

Watching Western journos having fits over Japan targeted games is always funny.

thats pretty fuckin racist davin

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How come 4chan, the Internet's bastion of free speech, ended up so misanthropic

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

If this drives Ben kuchera insane it'll be worth it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Anita still begs for money on twitter you can all donate to her funds to do ???????

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Stux posted:

for anything it's donating, don't want to donate? don't donate. I understand concepts such as basic words are difficult for literal children

I will donate to feminism that sounds good and I can tell others I did and they will be impressed but as for what to money goes to accomplish I have no idea.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

well it seems to have accomplished getting you all hot and bothered so that's worth a buck

That's a lot of effort to just say umad

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Choose now, goons:

Breitbart or small bart

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Slanderer posted:

she only gets elevated bc idiots like you keep sperging out about her and making 12 hour rebuttal videos and bomb threats.

gamers literally created their own worst enemy

The greatest game of all. Anita has revived a slowing game biz

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i hope this goes on forever

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Spacedad posted:

I like video games!

Then join me in Dragon's Crown Co-op if you love them so much!

also jesus christ 2000 new posts has anything actually happened?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

this thread is great everyone just shut up and let smg post i want to read what he has to say

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

remember ZZT that game ruled

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SMG does fun actually exist?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SMG what is fun i must know.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Spaßgesellschaft, or 'Fun Society', is a society in which work is not considered a part of one's identity but simply a means to accumulate money - to be spent on 'self-actualization' through entertainment, hobbyism, and other forms of consumerism. This fantasized 'self-actualization' doesn't actually happen - it certainly doesn't happen as a result of videogaming - and that's why gamers are now in a tizzy.

As written before, gaming is not actually about playing games, but about desiring them. It's an endless pursuit of an impossible fulfillment, which companies capitalize on by providing novelty. That's the fun.

With the 'mainstreaming' of videogames, there is no longer an excuse for the inability to 'self-actualize', and there is consequently no pleasure in gaming. Back when videogames were deemed only for (man)children, there was an effective prohibition against gaming that made it a somewhat pleasureable transgressive experience. That pleasure is now dwindling. Thousands of games can be downloaded for free in minutes, and they're being played by grandma on the bus. With all this available to you, why aren't you having fun? Why aren't you 'self-actualized'?

Gamers are being confronted with the fact that games are not fun, and have never been. So, terrified of losing their desire, they compensate by imagining a conspiracy where their potency is being sucked from them by liberal jew-feminists.

Where can we go for self actualization? Should video games not exist?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gamergate threads on 4chan were a welcome change from the usual weak troll threads for guarenteed replies or the continued beating of a dead horse joke. For once people were actually motivated to DO SOMETHING, albeit something stupid.

now its back to the same repetitive poo poo it was before all this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

SMG i looked up The Den but im terrible at interpreting horror films

• Locked thread