Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Attention GBS:

Hello everyone. How are you? I am fine. This post serves as an eviction notice for gamergate. This thread will be gassed on Monday morning and no further GBS threads should be created on this topic. Please feel free to get in all your closing arguments now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bholder posted:

loving finally.

Do you have power over twitter too to do the same?

Unfortunately the best I can do is strongly encourage everyone to permanently stop caring about this stupid loving poo poo. Jesus

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lowtax posted:

Why are you gassing this thread? People should at least be able to talk about this idiocy in one thread.

Spanish Manlove and I talked about it and we would like to try a GBS without gamergate for a while. It's not a pleasant thread to have to mod, and everything that can be said about it has been retreaded a hundred times here already. I've considered whether this should just go to one of the Games subforums but I don't think it really belongs there either.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lowtax posted:

I see all those other sites shutting down Gamergate discussion and think that's just as silly as discussing Gamergate. The internet is based on beating dead horses, and some of them are still alive in this race.

Alright, fair enough. My understanding was this thread was just a perpetual motion machine talking about the same garbage forever, but it seems I am mistaken. I won't gas the thread, but to anyone who has given his or her closing arguments, I encourage you to never think about this topic again. You're free now!

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't post in this thread you idiots. It's about twitter drama

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to write a posting bot that quotes every single new post in this thread and just replies WHO GIVES A poo poo over and over

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stop posting in this thread. You literally have severe mental problems if you can't stop from posting here, or think it's a good idea to post here.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forums Mental Health RULES

While we appreciate that many posters here struggle with depression and anxiety, SA's community is not designed to be a safe space or provide therapy/psychiatric advice, nor can its moderators/admins be expected to provide care for posters.

With that in mind, we're making some policy changes:

1) Stop posting in this thread.

2) Stop thinking about twitter.

3) Stop caring about gamergate.

If you would like general information about psychiatric care, you can head over to the Psychiatric Q&A Megathread in The Goon Doctor: it is available as a resource with the caveat that it NOT be used as a therapy thread.

If you feel that you might be suicidal, we urge you to contact the Suicide Hotline at 800-273-8255 or navigate to http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ for a live chat and additional resources.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm in the admin panel I think I can turn an account's "Display images in posts" setting back on...

• Locked thread