Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Applied as Flaggy I think or flaggy12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Applied to Douevenwomprat as Minotos.

Ready to prove I am rebel scum.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Gangringo posted:

Somebody make SHOWMEYOURWOMPA

Edit: gently caress it! I made it, join SHOWMEYOURWOMPA on the imperial side

Application sent from Drone.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
poo poo man. I'm sitting on 150k credits and all my poo poo is upgraded, with a day and a half on the next HQ upgrade. I'd give it to goons but I can't, so I'm stuck waiting for some pubbies to take all my money. :saddowns:

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Are there any suggested Base layouts? I have no clue where I should set up which building/turret/walls.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

poo poo man. I'm sitting on 150k credits and all my poo poo is upgraded, with a day and a half on the next HQ upgrade. I'd give it to goons but I can't, so I'm stuck waiting for some pubbies to take all my money. :saddowns:

Keep your troops up and donate.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
If you are just starting out, focus on doing the missions. They pay well so you can upgrade stuff fast. Its hard to turn in a profit in PVP right now, unless you are swimming in credits for some reason.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

the panacea posted:

Are there any suggested Base layouts? I have no clue where I should set up which building/turret/walls.
The most effective it seems is the corner base with walls around your turrets with an inner courtyard with whatever you value most.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Applied to showmeyourwompa as Roid.

Hagop
May 14, 2012

First one out of the Ranger gets a prize!

Gangringo posted:

Somebody make SHOWMEYOURWOMPA

Edit: gently caress it! I made it, join SHOWMEYOURWOMPA on the imperial side

Applied has Hagop.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Roid666 posted:

Applied to showmeyourwompa as Roid.
Try again don't see a Roid.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Korak posted:

Try again don't see a Roid.

Tried again
Stupid interface!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I applied to wompa as Tagichatn but the game bugs out when I try to change my application message so it's just the default one. Also what exactly does joining a squad do for you?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
If its anything like clash, then you can request troops from guild mates and maybe war against others.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tagichatn posted:

I applied to wompa as Tagichatn but the game bugs out when I try to change my application message so it's just the default one. Also what exactly does joining a squad do for you?

I accepted you. You can whine for people to send you bonus troops (and send them some).

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Korak posted:

The most effective it seems is the corner base with walls around your turrets with an inner courtyard with whatever you value most.

Does this work? In every single game in this genre ive played you could spawn units outside of build bounds.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

evilentity posted:

Does this work? In every single game in this genre ive played you could spawn units outside of build bounds.
A lot of the top guys do this so it seems to work.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There is a small buffer zone strip between the out of bounds and where you can put buildings, its 1 wide. Maybe the red zone extends to there though.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 21, 2014

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

evilentity posted:

it doesn't

Korak posted:

A lot of the top guys do this so it seems to work.

why would you even bother protecting your th?? medals are completely pointless in this game :psyduck:

edit: most people don't even attack my th which is quite far away from any defenses

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Just bought a third droid with google play credits from surveys. Feels good, man.

I love when people attack me. Revenges are very lucrative. I have a feeling that there are a lot of inactive level 2 and 3 players.

It's also reassuring that people build terrible bases in this game too. The edges of the map are not walls.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I think the logic for edge of the map bases is to force more of your opponents units into turret range. If that works or not is up for debate. With CoC, this could be used to make traps much more dangerous but that doesn't apply here.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Thanks for the accept, wasn't sure it had sent. So it's better to protect your depots I guess, seeing as they house way more resources than the hq, though unprotected hq is easy win.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Woo I'm a wompa

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

how long does it take to get out of being matched against endless retarded bases with less than 3k credits?

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Applied to showmeyourwompa as two step SA.

vobre
Sep 13, 2014
Are medals actually pointless? I've noticed that I see more resources available in my opponent's bases as I've climbed up in medal count. I'm at 635 now and I just cleaned out a base that had 85k credits and 45k alloy. I'm HQ level 5. Seems like it might be a combination of HQ level and medals that determine what bases you see.

Have any of you Imperials seen more effective attacks than Chewie + Wookies + Pathfinders (think Endor commando with a pistol) on cleanup?

Also for you Imperial fascists, what Rebel base layouts and turret combinations are toughest to take down?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Hey if the Imperial side is full as hell why don't we make a second? I've made one called "GoingDewback" so i'm not running without a tag, anyone is welcome to apply.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

dogstile posted:

Hey if the Imperial side is full as hell why don't we make a second? I've made one called "GoingDewback" so i'm not running without a tag, anyone is welcome to apply.

There were already two. Did you apply to both already?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Toshimo posted:

There were already two. Did you apply to both already?

Yeah, multiple times. Maybe the game is eating the applications up?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

vobre posted:

Are medals actually pointless? I've noticed that I see more resources available in my opponent's bases as I've climbed up in medal count. I'm at 635 now and I just cleaned out a base that had 85k credits and 45k alloy. I'm HQ level 5. Seems like it might be a combination of HQ level and medals that determine what bases you see.

Have any of you Imperials seen more effective attacks than Chewie + Wookies + Pathfinders (think Endor commando with a pistol) on cleanup?

Also for you Imperial fascists, what Rebel base layouts and turret combinations are toughest to take down?
I skip any rebel base that is able to push out a ton of firepower on my clumps of troops. Also 2-3 mortars are scarier than non-mortars. Honestly I probably could be cracking these bases at a profit but I'd rather just move on to the easier stuff. I'm current HQ3 about to hit HQ4.

Yeah medals seem to determine who you can attack to some degree. I'm finally finding 3-4k gold(most needed resource right now) bases.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

vobre posted:

Given that pretty much everything in this game is more or less a direct copy of CoC it's safe to assume that medals are the equivalent of trophies and thus are how you are matched up in PvP. So low trophies means lots of lowbie bases without much loot. If you haven't played CoC there are generally some sweet spots for each Town Hall level in terms of number of trophies.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm still at a lower level and usually take the 1:1 Credits spent to earned to convert it into an alloy mining experience.
Alloy is used for most building so I'm farming my way to a new "town hall" since I can't do anything yet again due to my TH.

This game seems like a gimped CoC where each upgrade is only a tiny increment and your TH upgrades don't get you very far.

I think the biggest kick in the nuts that sticks with me is building the research center.. then I'm pretty sure I couldn't reserch anyting until I upgraded my Barraks to lvl3 or Research till level 2.. I mean come on man.. let me do something.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Bizlaine, ign for womprat...

Don't stress. Once you level up chewbacca, it's smooth sailing until at least th5.

SpclKen
Mar 13, 2006
New Goon... go easy

I applied to the imperial guild a couple days ago as SpclKen. Haven't been accepted yet and I put a whole bunch of stairs and goon references in my application. Any reason I haven't been accepted?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

It may be just that I don't have them sufficiently leveled since I'm only TH3 and have at lvl 2 but but it seems like Wookie warriors kinda stuck.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

SpclKen posted:

I applied to the imperial guild a couple days ago as SpclKen. Haven't been accepted yet and I put a whole bunch of stairs and goon references in my application. Any reason I haven't been accepted?

They are pretty full

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Goddamn, upgrade the AT-ST hero as soon as possible. That thing is just a beast.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The clan chat client is super lovely too. I got into one after like a week of asking occasionally

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

If anyone has applied to SHOWMEYOURWOMPA and not been accepted let me know

Make sure you put something goony in the request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
no. match making has nothing to do with your medal count. match making is based on your base rating (next to your medal count) so quite frankly i don't grasp why they even have medals in this game. i read a devpost on the official forums that match making is based on your base rating and i also haven't noticed any difference between ~30 medals and ~400 medals raiding so yeah.

• Locked thread