Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
If you buy the supercharged car, you can pillage yourself a reserve supply out parts out of it in addition to getting that sweet sweet supercharger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Options 1 and 3 for sure. Get the best bits from both.

Then stick a 1UZ in it.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I have yet to do anything with Sock's MR2 shell other than wire wheel the frunk and slather it with rustoleum because I'm back in Ottawa. I also found my old MR2 but the engine, trans, doors, seats, shifter, trunklid, wheels and brake calipers were already gone so I've got to make a trip to montreal and do the rounds of the JDM depots with my buddy's boroscope so I can pick something out that isn't a boat anchor. In other news, my GF and I have been really busy with fostering dogs!

The rescue we're with goes to reserves all over Ontario and rounds up the more amiable dogs before they get culled (wild dogs are a problem on Native reserves).

This was our first foster, Lucy (aka lucy-doo, lucy-doocy-goo, lucy-goosey-loo) she's a pit/husky/lab mix who hates other dogs, but loves people, playing fetch and sneaking into your bed early in the morning. We bawled for days when she found her forever home.

This is our second foster, Ariel, who we renamed "Ahri,' because her floofy tail reminds me of the LoL champion of the same name and it's also easier to say. She came to us after she ended up at animal control for the second time because she kept escaping from her other foster home. She'll be with us for at least two months because she's currently in heat (we suspect she escaped to look for boys) and we'll be taking care of her while she recovers from being spayed. She gets shitloads of attention from both other dogs and humans because she's gorgeous and knows it.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I changed the oil in the saturd yesterday and found a variety of metal (shavings, silt and tiny chunks)but have yet to see odd noises or engine lights. I couldn't put this thing on the private market out of respect for fellow humans, so I'm scouring dealerships in the area for suitable replacements I can trade in on. I was considering the 1.0 ecoboost fiesta, but I think going used is a smarter decision for me. Here is what I'll be looking at in the next few days:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/gatineau/2011-honda-civic-si/1053526922

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2004-bmw-3-series-325xi/1068592862?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/gatineau/2010-toyota-matrix/1076908800?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2010-mazda-b-series-sx/1056046788?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

and if I find $10,000 in a duffle bag,

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ottawa/2008-bmw-3-series-335i/1054988542?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Anyways, having a dog sure forces you to socialize a lot more. My neighbor who's across the back fence from me got to talking while our dogs did the circle sniff and he asked about what happened to my MR2 :siren:CAR GUY SPOTTED!:siren:. To make a long story short he used to own a shop, has megasquirt pro tuning software and runs the dyno at the local track where he is also an instructor (Calabogie). He took me out to the track for a day where I had an amazing time riding in a bunch of cars I could never afford and a few that really surprised me with what they could do. TrueChaos was kind enough to take me out in his virtually stock miata that pulled lap times less than 15 seconds slower than an e46 m3, awesome driving Cameron!

On the MR2 front, I took a day trip to Montreal with my friend's boroscope and did the rounds of the JDM depots poking around valve covers and peering down spark plug holes. I could make a good BT 20v out of the 10 or so different motors I saw, but I would have to buy 3 different engines to get an ecu, good longblock, 6-speed LSD, and functioning throttle bodies.

There is also this

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moteurs/granby/toyota-4age-silvertop-93-turbo/1038553801?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

which is the only unfinished project in the country and when I showed this to my neighbor he immediately suggest secondary water/meth injectors at the mouth of the throttles, a sheet metal intake, water-air intercooler where the battery tray currently resides and a borg warner EFR 6255. Which sounds awesome, but I feel like I need actual track experience driving a slow car fast before I boost myself into valhalla.

As a parting gift have a picture of this, uh, motorized vehicle that was parked near my house.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

TWSS posted:

Anyways, having a dog sure forces you to socialize a lot more. My neighbor who's across the back fence from me got to talking while our dogs did the circle sniff and he asked about what happened to my MR2 :siren:CAR GUY SPOTTED!:siren:. To make a long story short he used to own a shop, has megasquirt pro tuning software and runs the dyno at the local track where he is also an instructor (Calabogie). He took me out to the track for a day where I had an amazing time riding in a bunch of cars I could never afford and a few that really surprised me with what they could do. TrueChaos was kind enough to take me out in his virtually stock miata that pulled lap times less than 15 seconds slower than an e46 m3, awesome driving Cameron!

Who was your neighbour again? Trying to remember who I know with E46's other than Rob and Pat, and I know it's not either of them. You coming out to the next one? We're partnering with the ottawa ferrari club, so there will be some beautiful cars there.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

TrueChaos posted:

Who was your neighbour again? Trying to remember who I know with E46's other than Rob and Pat, and I know it's not either of them. You coming out to the next one? We're partnering with the ottawa ferrari club, so there will be some beautiful cars there.

Max is my neighbor. When is the next MCO day? A lot of weekends this summer are promised to my best friend to help out with cottage work and I'm going to be crewing for Max's chump car team the weekend after next, so if you come out for the race I'll be the guy holding a fire extinguisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Chump was a life changing experience and I'll be crewing for that team again at the 24 VIR race in August.

The sounds these things made reaffirmed my need to own a 1uz 240sx at some point in my life. The blue car had the fasted lap of the weekend and the red car killed its motor after overheating,

Our team was pitting next to the Biohazard MR2 team which is run by the former owner of the MR2 Owner's club. They were really down to earth considering their car kept breaking and gave me some super-secret tips for setting up the suspension on my AW11. This MK 1.5 belongs to one of the team members and is definitely the cleanest AW11 i've ever seen in the wild.

When the track was wet this golf pulled hilarious drifts every time it came around corner two.

The trophies were too cool!

I'm busy with cottage stuff this weekend, but next week work on Sock's old car is starting for real. Here's a sneak peek of part of my master plan.

• Locked thread