Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cuisine, supreme??
This poll is closed.
Stottie Kyek's Where No Chef Has Gone Before 7 4.86%
net work error's The Cuisine of Tamriel 16 11.11%
Suspect Bucket's EULALIAAAAA 7 4.86%
artichokeyou's Welcome to the 75th HUUUUUNNNNGER GAMES! 5 3.47%
Leviathan Song's Welcome to the world of tomorrow! 6 4.17%
Russian Guyovitch's First rate meals from America's fourth-rated network - NBC foods 8 5.56%
Bombhand's I Know I Don't Feel Like Opening My Mouth 5 3.47%
Steve Yun's Dr Hannibal Lecter would love to have you for dinner. 90 62.50%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
Please be patient with me, I've never created a poll, because I don't ordinarily have any interest in your opinions

We had eight terrific entries! (I am really really hoping that I didn't miss one and thereby slight the heck out of somebody's probably-awesome work)

WILL IT BE:

Stottie Kyek's Where No Chef Has Gone Before

net work error's Cuisine of Tamriel

Suspect Bucket's EULALIAAAAA

artichokeyou's Welcome to the 75th HUUUUUNNNNGER GAMES!

Leviathan Song's Welcome to the world of tomorrow!

Russian Guyovitch's First rate meals from America's fourth-rated network - NBC foods

bombhand's I Know I Don't Feel Like Opening My Mouth

Steve Yun's Dr Hannibal Lecter would love to have you for dinner.

I'm really really impressed with the entries, there's a huge range of foods from a neat variety of sources, lots of stuff I'd never have thought of. You're all winners in my heart!

edit: i had sabotaged stottie!!

Gourd of Taste fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
Steve Yun is obviously going to win so I voted for Elder Scrolls :)

Athanos
Sep 19, 2006
Steve Yun's was amazing. Has to be given the show it was themed on.

edit: weird writing.

Athanos fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 12, 2014

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

This poll should be multiple choice. :colbert:

shahadien
Jan 5, 2014

Drink and Fight posted:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Drink and Fight posted:

Seriously though, there are so many great entries! Makes me feel a lot better about only coming up with an idea after it was too late to try to put something together.

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp

Third Murderer posted:

Seriously though, there are so many great entries! Makes me feel a lot better about only coming up with an idea after it was too late to try to put something together.

You should make it anyway for fun! It's easier when you don't need to document details.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Maybe. If I do I guess I'll just post it in the what-did-you-make-last-night thread.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I absolutely loved the look of all the food in Steve Yun's, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for it, because it completely missed the point of the challenge to my mind.

I am aware that this is a really petty, pedantic and small-minded opinion, and that I am in the minority, but I thought several other entries showed way more imagination in trying to mimic fictional food, rather than reproducing regular food that featured in a fictional work.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

I am aware that this is a really petty, pedantic and small-minded opinion, and that I am in the minority, but I thought several other entries showed way more imagination in trying to mimic fictional food, rather than reproducing regular food that featured in a fictional work.
In my defense, the rules said dishes could be things that exist in the real world as long as they appeared in a fictional work. And they're not just regular food, they're supposed to be "long pig" disguised as regular pork, so it's expected that they will resemble dishes that exist.

That said, you're right about everyone else exhibiting more imagination. I actually had this thought myself too. I had a lot of research and old-world food traditions to guide my cooking and I think everyone else deserves a lot more recognition for being able to come up with recipes out of thin air. Nothing even remotely resembling popplers and plomeek soup exist so it took more creativity to come up with these recipes than I exercised.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
If I hadn't just gotten back from my honeymoon, I'd have made Hungarian food and labeled it Dragaeran. Ah well.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I have cast judgement.

FINISH HIM!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Such a great theme, Gord! It's really unleashed a lot of creativity, which is what the best ICSA's do.

Too bad GoWithChrist didn't get her poo poo together before the deadline, she had some cool ideas about video game foods.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Squashy Nipples posted:

video game foods.

Cheetos and Mountain Dew aren't fictional.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Here's my entry from BurgerTime

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Frankly a lot of those pickles are unnecessary.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

angerbot posted:

Frankly a lot of those pickles are unnecessary.

Says a man who's never eaten and underdressed cuban.

Wait, this is still Steve Yun's thread, right?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I think Gourd forgot about this thread, so to pass the time I milked a Bantha:

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
Didn't forget! Just trying to wrangle my wife into sitting down and showing her the last few entries so we can pick a chairman's choice.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aww man! I can't believe I missed out on this ICSA. I would've totally made a series of dishes inspired by the four nations of Avatar: The Last Airbender. :(

Well, different ones from the dishes I made previously at least.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GDil0rGls

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
RIOT IN ICSA :kicks over poll:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I like to think that it was an all-way tie and everyone won. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw7H8khmOjU

• Locked thread