Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.
Crippling depression is a side effect of the human condition. You can turn it off working a job you hate or love, makes no difference. But, at the end of the day you have those 5 minutes to yourself, outside under the star filled sky, and wonder what's it worth it for anyways.

Stay safe poverty star ghost, is what i'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I'm a doctor and my prescription is lots of pot and team fortress.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im a doctor from a much shadier medical school and i recommend hard liquor and russian literature

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Your school can't be shadier than mine I just made it up and gave myself a doctorate.
For real though maybe watch some teen mom on MTV that always makes me feel really good about my life.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I'm a gay doctor

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

read about people more pathetic than yourself on the internet

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah well the school i just made up doesnt even have imaginary accreditation

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Ekster posted:

read about people more pathetic than yourself on the internet

You came to the right place!

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

paranoid randroid posted:

yeah well the school i just made up doesnt even have imaginary accreditation

This was my schools slogan 5 years ago, and it was endorsed by a meth addict.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
try fingering youre butt

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
not many ppp know but tge switch for depression that turns it on/off is in youre buttwhole so try fingering it srsly

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

ilikedirt posted:

not many ppp know but tge switch for depression that turns it on/off is in youre buttwhole so try fingering it srsly

Its called the prostate. I'm a doctor.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

InterFaced posted:

Its called the prostate. I'm a doctor.

I believe I can be of assistance

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
i have a hands free device for switching it on

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Stop it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
consider also putting a bag over your head and screaming

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
cut off your dick it might be stunting your emotional growth

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I can't believe someone suggested getting a job, are you seriously trying to kill this guy?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

well you could always try getting that checked out, I hear there are people called psychologists who have tests for that kind of thing and it's not something that you spontaneously recover from

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
take it to en man

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Suicide is the only 100% effective cure for what ails you, my friend.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

hello?

I think we killed him guys

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Irish Joe posted:

Suicide is the only 100% effective cure for what ails you, my friend.

this is unironically all i've been thinking about today

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

darkwing cuck posted:

this is unironically all i've been thinking about today

You can't die though, you have to remain alive to die a lame death, like a stray bullet or something like that in a coffee shop. Hell, even getting hit by a bus whose driver is all hopped up on meth.

That way theres a huge settlement.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Meditate, exercise, eat healthy and get sun exposure. The internal narrative of your mind informs your subjective emotional state. Cognitively speaking, the difference between saying "I'm depressed" is miles from saying "I was depressed, but I'm getting better." Build positive narratives and your emotional state will become positive.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
if you're depressed it's because you want to be

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i find it oddly soothing to know that if it ever gets to unbearable suicide is always a final option

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Tonsured posted:

Meditate, exercise, eat healthy and get sun exposure. The internal narrative of your mind informs your subjective emotional state. Cognitively speaking, the difference between saying "I'm depressed" is miles from saying "I was depressed, but I'm getting better." Build positive narratives and your emotional state will become positive.

Don't listen to this hippy. Pot and Team fortress, seriously.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

SHISHKABOB posted:

When I wake up in the morning I look at the time and I think oh I'll get up in a bit and then I sleep some more and then every time I think of doing anything I think ugh maybe not. I have no desire to do anything but lie in my bed and futz around on my phone and play solitaire endlessly.

You should become an indie game developer OP. Don't worry, you can still be morbidly obese!

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ColdReaches posted:

You can't die though, you have to remain alive to die a lame death, like a stray bullet or something like that in a coffee shop. Hell, even getting hit by a bus whose driver is all hopped up on meth.

That way theres a huge settlement.

yeah but its been more than two years since i changed my life insurance so they'd pay out ~$500,000 to my wife if i committed suicide and then she'd be able to afford medical treatment, be able to move out to the west coast, and buy a house which are all things we can't afford to do

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Tonsured posted:

I used to "catch" luna moths. They'd land on me and makie clicking noises, was cool. Also, I saw a monarch butterfly today, so they aren't totally died off yet.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

darkwing cuck posted:

yeah but its been more than two years since i changed my life insurance so they'd pay out ~$500,000 to my wife if i committed suicide and then she'd be able to afford medical treatment, be able to move out to the west coast, and buy a house which are all things we can't afford to do

If that's the case, it'd be selfish to not kill yourself.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

darkwing cuck posted:

medical treatment ehh, claim bankruptcy, your credit is brand new in 7 years. Donald Trump does it all the time.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

ColdReaches posted:

medical treatment ehh, claim bankruptcy, your credit is brand new in 7 years. Donald Trump does it all the time.

claiming bankruptcy isn't going to make her multiple sclerosis treatment any cheaper tho

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
you can list all the things you want that you enjoy and make you personally feel better when you are down but you have to realize a depresso person really enjoys thinking about how depressed they are and any enjoyable activity they just dismiss as something for stupid plebes. they actively avoid trying to feel better because it doesn't fit into the tragic significance of their life lol. they are filled with ego to the brim. basically they want to be depressed and they deserve to be depressed.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

darkwing cuck posted:

claiming bankruptcy isn't going to make her multiple sclerosis treatment any cheaper tho

Yeah, but at least you get some relief from the debt. I admire you, you love someone.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Kyrie eleison posted:

you can list all the things you want that you enjoy and make you personally feel better when you are down but you have to realize a depresso person really enjoys thinking about how depressed they are and any enjoyable activity they just dismiss as something for stupid plebes. they actively avoid trying to feel better because it doesn't fit into the tragic significance of their life lol. they are filled with ego to the brim. basically they want to be depressed and they deserve to be depressed.

True, but if I keep saying I'm depressed maybe I'll score a xanax prescription.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

InterFaced posted:

Any dime store psychologist can write a script, just bullshit it.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

InterFaced posted:

What does xanax do for people who aren't crazy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

go outside you dingus. get some sun

• Locked thread