Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ekster posted:

try to make friends with people who are trustworthy and know what you're going through so you don't have to make this thread in GBS for 'support', there are tons of crazies out there so I'm sure you can find a couple of nice supportive ones

i actgually have recently made an extremely good new friend, it's pretty magical the way we connect with each other and are able to talk about things

the problem is that they live in philadelphia and I live in ohio

in an hour I am going to go to a greek/roman classics/mythology club and maybe I will meet cool people there cause I am into those things

i do not make these threads for support i make them because I think that people enjoy them. Talking about depression feelings and anxiety feelings and laughing about them and making fun of them I think is a healthy way to be. Not in a hateful kind of way, but in a "oh shishkabob you are so silly for doing those things, so silly" it makes me feel better. And I hope it makes other people feel better too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

SHISHKABOB posted:

In every single person's eyes I see "ew" and "gross" and "ugh"

Post your pic, tia.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SHISHKABOB posted:

i actgually have recently made an extremely good new friend, it's pretty magical the way we connect with each other and are able to talk about things

the problem is that they live in philadelphia and I live in ohio

in an hour I am going to go to a greek/roman classics/mythology club and maybe I will meet cool people there cause I am into those things

i do not make these threads for support i make them because I think that people enjoy them. Talking about depression feelings and anxiety feelings and laughing about them and making fun of them I think is a healthy way to be. Not in a hateful kind of way, but in a "oh shishkabob you are so silly for doing those things, so silly" it makes me feel better. And I hope it makes other people feel better too.

Under no circumstances should you go to Philadelphia, even if your friend is a magical pony.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Maybe you are gay OP try sucking some dick and report back

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Place : Detroit
Date : 4031 A.D.

InterFaced posted:

Under no circumstances should you go to Philadelphia, even if your friend is a magical pony.

I dunno, I once went to detroit once, and ended up stoned in a dead church with gun fire was heard in the distance.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

was pretty cool, most of the nieghboorhood was long gone, and the houses that remained were graffiti sites.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Doesn't Detroit have that weird rear end airport that is just one 2 mile long hallway? gently caress Detroit too.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

You shouldn't fear black people, you might end up having sex with them.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
What if I'm cool with black people, but afraid of catching AIDS?

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Irish Joe posted:

What if I'm cool with black people, but afraid of catching AIDS?

well theres youre problem

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

InterFaced posted:

i already went twice sorry lol

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SHISHKABOB posted:

i already went twice sorry lol

I'm jealous. I could go for getting drunk without acting drunk and a cheesesteak.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

depression and anxiety often go hand-in-hand, so as long as the xanax is helping you should stay on it

getting a job is definitely a good next step, you'll have a reason to get your rear end out of bed and interact with other people instead of staying in bed all day. you could also get into some kind of sport or other hobby group so you have something besides work to get you out of the mope zone

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

InterFaced posted:

I'm jealous. I could go for getting drunk without acting drunk and a cheesesteak.

i actualy only saw one small sign about cheesesteaks while I was there

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

depression and anxiety often go hand-in-hand, so as long as the xanax is helping you should stay on it

getting a job is definitely a good next step, you'll have a reason to get your rear end out of bed and interact with other people instead of staying in bed all day. you could also get into some kind of sport or other hobby group so you have something besides work to get you out of the mope zone

go to olive garden in your pjs, and piss off the "normal people" and leave a 25 dollar tip on a cup of coffee.

do this for awhile.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SHISHKABOB posted:

i actualy only saw one small sign about cheesesteaks while I was there

Or some deep fried perogies. God drat. I could save all the booze calories by popping your pills.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

Suarcrawd perogies are to die for.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

InterFaced posted:

Or some deep fried perogies. God drat. I could save all the booze calories by popping your pills.

ok like it's not actually like being drunk

i just meant the part where i care less about what people think about me

like just a little bit, not a lot or 100%

like it makes me feel like what I imagine regular people feel like when they walk down the street

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
lots of docs wont prescribe benzos any more and send you to talk to some therapist

so if you need a job immediately youre just hosed lol. time for street drugs!

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I, too, am depressed OP. Got no friends, got no love, got no reason to live.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
:smith: - the thread

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
What do they call it where you are stuck in a loop with no exit?

edit:
or if you are depressed just do what this suspected-goon did this morning,
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31503476&nid=148&fm=home_page&s_cid=toppick1
made my drive to school complicated.

Edgar fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 11, 2014

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

InterFaced posted:

:smith: - the thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhkBbUn0xdg

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asMJuQHE0AU

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
OP, me too. Not for the same reasons, but with the same end result: I've logged over 5000 games of solitaire on my iPhone in the past year.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SJVJMfJkS0

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
has anyone ever noticed that depressed people post really bad

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Kyrie eleison posted:

The spoon theory is a model invented by some disabled people to describe their everyday living experience when their disability results in a reduced amount of energy available for productive tasks. Spoons are an intangible unit of measurement used to track how much energy a person has throughout a given day. Each activity "costs" a certain number of spoons, which are not recharged until the next day. A person who runs out of spoons loses the ability to do anything other than relax.[1] One of the tenets of the spoon theory is that disabled people must plan their activities to ensure that every day is manageable, while healthy non-disabled people have a "never-ending supply of spoons" and thus never need to worry about running out.[2] Because non-disabled people do not feel the impact of spending spoons, they may not realize that disabled people's considerations include mundane tasks such as bathing and getting dressed.[3] Spoons are widely discussed within the disabled community,[4][5] but the concept of spoons is otherwise considered a neologism.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
wat happens if ur black and depressed

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Giving advice to depressed people on the internet is the same copy and paste over and over again: see doctor, change meds, go outside, work out, you'll upset/traumatize/annoy people if you kill yourself, etc.

ColdReaches
Oct 12, 2013

No ones gonna die today , if you do die, it's thier fault.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kyrie eleison posted:

are you ok, if u need a shoulder to lean on im here

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

HD DAD posted:

depression isn't real OP. neither is adhd. all you need is a clean organic diet, lots of turmeric, and start meditating

actually that's more or less how i stopped taking medication and ended up with a life that's pretty awesome on the grand balance of things, hth

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Try a vitamin b12 supplement.

dk2m posted:

wat happens if ur black and depressed

This is how Jon Pops are made

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

im depressed bc/ some of you guys have got like diamonds and pills and poo poo next to you'r names and Ive only got this grenade??

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
kyrie yer being kinda mean to the depressed people.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
xanax sux for anxiety. it's effective for like 10 minutes and then u turn back into a pumpkin.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

jarjarbinksfan621 posted:

xanax sux for anxiety. it's effective for like 10 minutes and then u turn back into a pumpkin.

a pumpkin with downregulated GABAergic transmission who is even more likely to freak out later on!

xanax rules, though. i gave some to a friend at a party and he straight up vanished for 2 hours, no one ever figured out what happened. i pretty much told him "if you find your hat you'll get your two hours back... and lose your life".

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

that was an l ron hubbard reference for anyone who slept through higher lit. l ron hubbard rules. too. hubbard + xanax = pwn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kyrie eleison posted:

TOU CAN SUXK MY DICK BUDDY FOR ALL I CARE HAHAHAHAHAHABA gently caress YOU

• Locked thread