Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
yo
yo
no
the bubble's getting bigger
yo at me, moo cow.
View Results

• Locked thread
Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

this 10 minute fad just wont die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
oy

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 402 days!
im gonna "yo" you

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 402 days!
whoa here i go

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Yo was created by Or Arbel in eight hours, being launched on April Fools Day 2014 for Android (operating system) and iOS. Originally chief technology officer of stock trading platform Stox, Arbel quit his job and has since begun working on the app full time. The app has received USD$1 million in investment from a group of investors led by Moshe Hogeg, CEO of Mobli, who had originally asked Arbel to design a single-button app to call his assistant.[2] In July 2014 the app was also released for Windows Phone.[3] The app was valued at between $5 and $10 million in July 2014 and received a further $1.5 million in funding.[4] Website IFTTT included Yo as an option for their service in July 2014.[3]

Arbel stated interest in expanding the app to include more functionality - including a feature which could be used by bloggers to send their followers a 'yo' whenever they post an update; a feature which has since been implemented.[5] The app's first content update was released in August 2014, adding extra functionality to it, including the ability to send web links and hashtags, and creating user profiles.[6]

On 20 June 2014, a group of Georgia Tech students hacked the app, allowing them to retrieve any user's phone number and spam/spoof 'yo's to any user.[7] After the exploit was fixed, Arbel hired one of the hackers to work with the company.[8]

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

are you loving serious

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
http://imgur.com/hE6GAbE

was just about to make a thread about this. Somehow they've managed to make the app worse!? There's no longer any delay when you press on someone to yo them, so it's harder to yo several people in a row. Also sometimes you press someone's name and the yo seems to go through but their name doesn't shoot to the top of the list and you press them again and it flies away and you're left wondering "am I spamming some new zealandian farmer/student with yo's ???"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxvzl9k-FXE i was listening to this when reading these posts & the wikipedia article

it's basically silicon-valley-insanity-montage-music.mp3

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I just sent you one

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Smythe posted:

I just sent you one

yo

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

yeah me too i have a whole box of them but i cant do any tricks they just dont bounce back up

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol you suck dude

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
wait how can I send hashtags to all my YOSPOS yo pals

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

just kidding you're ok kid

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

voted all & i got 2 or 3 today op

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I deleted the Yo app. :mrgw:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

goy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I deleted the Yo app. :mrgw:

you're still on my list and I just mash my fat palm on the screen if i even get one Yo so you probably will have a cache of yo's, sent with consideration, just for you, bob.

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

you're still on my list and I just mash my fat palm on the screen if i even get one Yo so you probably will have a cache of yo's, sent with consideration, just for you, bob.

One day I will reinstall the Yo app, and at that time my phone will crash from all the buffered Yo's.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i dont know what yo is so i downloaded it
pls greet me like an urban pls

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Widdiful posted:

i dont know what yo is so i downloaded it
pls greet me like an urban pls

prepare to be amazed

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

prepare to be amazed

when im on my lunch break im going to yo the poo poo out of you so you dont sleep

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

jokes on you cos the phone is off during sleep hours because when the lights go off its business time

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

jokes on you cos the phone is off during sleep hours because when the lights go off its business time

How do you get any business done if the lights are off? :confused:

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

Peanut and the Gang posted:

How do you get any business done if the lights are off? :confused:

one could say its 'risky' business

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no its all legit honest

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

stocks in angry moo cows farm are dropping as we speak.
business must be done. lights or no lights.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

heh

stock dropping.

horrible story incoming for you animal lovers, next door neighbour forgot to shut the rear gate on the sheep truck and when the truckie drove off down the highway towards the abattoir all the sheep STOCK DROPPED onto the highway

or maybe the sheep unlocked the gate themselves as they were aware what fate was coming for them

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

heh

stock dropping.

horrible story incoming for you animal lovers, next door neighbour forgot to shut the rear gate on the sheep truck and when the truckie drove off down the highway towards the abattoir all the sheep STOCK DROPPED onto the highway

or maybe the sheep unlocked the gate themselves as they were aware what fate was coming for them

lol

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
oh so this is why i suddenly got 400 yos today

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the yo app only gets better with age

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES