Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

CommonShore posted:

kagan was game until she ate a knee.

It is amazing how quickly the complexion of that round changed after that knee. Jojo's knees and elbows inside are so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

fatherdog posted:

I wonder if Scotland going independent tomorrow would gently caress up Calderwood's visa

I doubt the transition would be immediate.

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I see they got rid of bright primary colored team outfits and have instead gone with gatorate grape and gatorate wintergreen this season.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Uh well this is weird and I would have preferred more cool knees, but I won't say no to an inverted triangle?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's amazing she hasn't long since gassed out her legs.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

twist her loving foot off!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Got to be a Jojo win. She controlled that round.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Charles Gnarwin posted:

And she should have taken the first, too.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."
Penne is going to mop the floor with Ellis next week.

Scrubed
Oct 3, 2002

I am a Romosexual.
Jojo looked sharp, what is with two fights with long reverse triangles?

The little girl voice is just so drat cute.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

All these fights should be 3 rounds considering the stakes, but I'm good with that decision.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

"She just held you there"

Odd way to describe a 2-1/2 minute long submission threat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That fight you lost was definitely a victory for you. I hope you win a similar victory in your fight with Pettis.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jojo vs Rose in next round? :allears:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

1st AD posted:

All these fights should be 3 rounds considering the stakes, but I'm good with that decision.

Thank Josh Gross for the 2 rounders

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

1st AD posted:

Isn't the two round thing related to these fights being exhibitions and not officially recorded fights?

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
It sucks that jojo and rose would have to fight next, I wanted them both to go far.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHjDBnquxA8

Rematch next week~

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man I really wish now that the semis were all 5 round fights because it's lame to have all these title eliminators as 3's.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County
Pettis with the "women are emotional :confused:" line to excuse his bad coaching, instead of accepting his team's feedback that they are indeed being overcoached. Gilbert seems way more chill to train under.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Despite Dana's "I didn't watch the fight" assessment this was pretty close until the really bad cut.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Keith Mars posted:

Pettis with the "women are emotional :confused:" line to excuse his bad coaching, instead of accepting his team's feedback that they are indeed being overcoached. Gilbert seems way more chill to train under.

So chill that hey, it's cool if you don't actually win, you tried hard, and that's enough of a win for him.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Keith Mars posted:

Pettis seems to suffer from the same problem that Jon Jones did on his season. Someone who is naturally gifted as an athlete will have a tough time coaching because it all just comes easily to them.

Also, he needs to focus on the life coaching aspect for his team. Get your suit guy to make some fly threads for the ladies, Tony!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I didn't pay attention to the entire episode but it seemed like Team Pettis was pretty happy and united even before the win.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
The talent in this division seems so close that it's going to be very interesting when they start fighting more in the UFC. Jojo (as far as I can tell) is one of the top talents and the number 15 girl still looked respectable against her. It'll be nice to have a women's division without a Rousey type domination at the top.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Thug Rose was by far my favorite going in, followed by Bec Hyattt cause she's a little out there. That accident at the beginning of this episode set a real tone between the girls and the girl they all hate. That girl tries to escape a headlock by dumping rose off the mat on to the floor. She ends up taking the worst for it, they bitches and pouts, while Rose just looks on with the "what did you think would happen, bitch?" look on her face.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
Dana White telling that woman her stepdad died in next week's preview is straight out of that Louie episode with Matt Broderick.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:doh:

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

They only got kimuras in Scotland eight months ago

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

LobsterMobster posted:

So chill that hey, it's cool if you don't actually win, you tried hard, and that's enough of a win for him.

Gilbert bring an ice cream pail full of orange slices for his team to enjoy after practice. Sometimes he treats them with watermelon, but it's cool to have orange slices too.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

LobsterMobster posted:

They only got kimuras in Scotland eight months ago

That might give them a big advantage when fighting English people very soon.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
They're doing a real good job of promoting someone who is so meek and quiet.

I also really like how much most of the girls seem to like each other. It's such an interesting change of pace from what TUF normally is, I hope it stays that way. The division in general is a lot stronger than 135 in terms of both parity and promotability of fights. They're probably going to come out of this season with several good contender storylines. I know it won't do good ratings because women + tinyweight is not as interesting to idiots as immensely fat men, but there are going to be a lot of fights that will just be real good viewing as an MMA fan.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I know that they are trying to market Rose as something other than Pat Barry's pretty fiancee, but if they ever need funny videos...

This video of Rose has a lot of nice rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9nSNqYA-g

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Log posted:

a lot of nice rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeVENetWWE8 :lol:

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Is Felice Herrig a real person or an elaborate troll? It's hard to tell, but either way I hope she dies

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I think TUF should be replaced by a show of Pat and Rose just going around their daily lives.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I think TUF should be replaced by a show of Pat and Rose just going around their daily lives.

Featuring Rose drinking a ton of Surge and beating up random people.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Is Felice Herrig a real person or an elaborate troll? It's hard to tell, but either way I hope she dies

I'd bet anything Felice Herrig was given pretty good instruction to do exactly what she's doing by Dana White.

I don't mind her, honestly. She's annoying, but she seems pretty savvy in regards to the business. I can see why people hate her or at the very least don't respect how she goes about things, but I can see the genius (for lack of a better term) in her ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Watching her I feel like her entire life has been spent working towards becoming a reality TV star. She's a personality, at least. I guess.

• Locked thread