Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Manhunt 2

Daniel Lamb has this guy following him the whole game, Leo Kasper, and I want to know if Kasper is a Tyler Durden-esque character in that he's actually the alter personality of Lamb in a big Fight Club style plot twist at the end. The game was alright, probably won't finish it but I actually do want to know this piece of information because if it's true the game was not subtle about it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Justin Godscock posted:

Manhunt 2

Daniel Lamb has this guy following him the whole game, Leo Kasper, and I want to know if Kasper is a Tyler Durden-esque character in that he's actually the alter personality of Lamb in a big Fight Club style plot twist at the end. The game was alright, probably won't finish it but I actually do want to know this piece of information because if it's true the game was not subtle about it at all.

Partially, yes. Leo is the mind of a serial killer that was surgically installed in Danny's head through the Pickman Bridge plot device. The end of the game is a psychic fight between them--which of the two you control is based on how vicious you were in your executions throughout the game. If Leo wins he assumes Danny's identity and the scientists all think everything's back to normal; if Danny wins both the personalities are actually wiped out and he wakes up on the side of the road with amnesia and a piece of paper in his pocket written by Danny giving himself a new identity and directions on starting a new life.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Justin Godscock posted:

Manhunt 2

That's it exactly. IIRC, there's some technobabble about using a piece of experimental technology to create a Manchurian Candidate-style killer who isn't aware of what he's programmed to do. Dan was one of the doctors on the project or something and wound up becoming a test subject. Depending on a choice you make at the end, you either kill the Leo personality off, or the Daniel one.. So yeah, if you didn't figure it out in the first hour or two of the game, I honestly don't know what to say.

There's also a finished LP of it, if you particularly care.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Someone summarize Beyond: Two Souls for me please.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

RatHat posted:

"Art"

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
How does Star Ocean 2 end? I got to somewhere on the 2nd disc at that new planet but the story had taken a dump by then so I quit

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

From what point?

Refugees fleeing the Darkspawn horde at the start of Dragon Age 1 make a deal with Flemeth to get away. She gives them a phylactery and they escape to Kirkwall, a shithole north of Ferelden. Kirkwall is facing two major problems: a group of Qunari are there and refuse to leave, and the mages and templars are at each others throats. The templars want to kill all of the mages for summoning demons and using blood magic, and the mages just want to be left along to summon demons and use blood magic.

The leader of the refugees (the player) recovers an evil artefact from the Deep Roads, while the companions (a) keep trying to use blood magic to perform an ancient ritual (b) are responsible for the Qunari being there in the first place (c) have trouble getting a date and (d) are a terrorist who starts a war. The leader of the templars goes crazy because of the evil artefact, and the leader of the mages is so angry about being accused of being a blood mage that he becomes a blood mage. War breaks out.

Well geeze, when you put it like that Dragon Age 2 WAS pretty stupid. Also thanks folks for the DA:O spoilers!

This thread is good and I hope it sticks around.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

DOUBLE CLICK HERE posted:

Xenosaga, all of them, in less than 8 paragraphs.
An infinite probability machine ate Earth and turned every human on it into salt-based emo aliens looking for love. Thousands of years later, said aliens are still searching and subsequently murdering people who don't give a gently caress, while humanity conquers space. A magical girl robot modeled after a dead girl, has the ultimate power to destroy the aliens, and so does an increasing number of machines that makes her obsolete within months. Some creepy guy ends up kidnapping her and stealing her battle data through a Kali Ma technique hand-waving ceremony. She got rescued and eventually fights a Gnosis-machine hybrid that powers a doomsday weapon.

Game two has half the cast gets a facelift and Gnosis become more violent. The good guys and bad guys send their spaceships to fight over a yellow monolith that eats planets and craps Gnosis. The leader of said bad guys deploy a machine that turns a planet into a bird that utilizes Isaac Newton's first law of motion. You find out all of the bad guys you fought are controlled by the space Illuminati and you fight their leader. You don't kill him because some immortals who dress like crows do it for you and revive a dying man who can gently caress up space. You kill that man who soon after gets revived, again, made immortal and wears a crow outfit. The largest Gnosis ever appears, eats the yellow monolith, and skedaddles away.

A Japan-only iOS game did something with terrorism and went through Ziggy's past before he became a cyborg. A bad guy who will wear a black crow outfit makes his appearance.

Game three decides to dump on the plot and retcons most of the first and second game, while assuming the ROW audience played the JP-only game. It doesn't explain any of the poo poo that happened after the second game, mention the iOS game, or the black crow character. The Gnosis are now controlled and murder strategic planets with increasing frequency. The group fights several unwinnable battles and travel to the past. It turns out the past was a VR simulation and it turned out Shion called the Gnosis to humanity in her grief. She sees her young self responsible for the deaths of billions and in her grief, summons even more Gnosis to space including the giant Gnosis that disappeared with the god machine. It is revealed that T-ELOS is the body of Mary Magdalene and KOS-MOS is her will, so they must fight to absorb the other. KOS-MOS wins and Kevin shows up and said that Shion was a good lay when he wasn't a living corpse and Shion joins him in fighting her friends. One Erde Kaiser Sigma later and Shion realizes that friendship is happiness and leaves Kevin. The group ends up meeting Wilhelm who said the universe is going to be destroyed and has been for many times that previously. Mary was needed to prevent that from happening and Shion was merely her attendant. The process to restore the universe happens and the Gnosis are finally revealed to be the saddest sacks of humanity who gave up on life and want others to feel their pain. Those of the group who didn't die, made a journey to a reborn Earth in a sequel that will never happen.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Can someone tell me what happens in Lost Odyssey? I gave up after the game shifted gears as soon as the kids were introduced and the Adult Oriented humor was sharply toned down and it just became another poo poo jrpg.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Philosopher King posted:

Can someone tell me what happens in Lost Odyssey? I gave up after the game shifted gears as soon as the kids were introduced and the Adult Oriented humor was sharply toned down and it just became another poo poo jrpg.

Seconding this. I gave up shortly after Phil & Lil joined and their mom died and the dungeon right afterwards. End of Disc 1, essentially.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

RatHat posted:

Ellen Page's twin dies in the womb or something, becomes a permanently attached ghost. She gets recruited by the CIA due to said ghost powers, which were probably the CIA's doing in the first place by doing something to her mother. She tries to run from them since she doesn't want to kill people. They eventually find her and she agrees to one last job, which is shutting down a portal to heaven/hell the not-North Koreans built. She eventually realizes that she's in love with a) the hunky CIA boy, b) that one Navajo boy whose evil God she killed for them, or c) those homeless people with hearts of gold she knew for like a week. Willem Dafoe is clearly insane but no one seems to care or notice.

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 13, 2014

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

Fantastic.

Now the persona DS game where you're a spaceman. And SMT Nocturne.

Also Front Mission has like 5? numbered games, is there a continuing thread that gets epic/stupid or are they self contained.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Fantastic.

Also Front Mission has like 5? numbered games, is there a continuing thread that gets epic/stupid or are they self contained.

I think Front mission has the same organizations across each game but the characters are different so each is self contained.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

blackguy32 posted:

I think Front mission has the same organizations across each game but the characters are different so each is self contained.

Actually each game up until 4 is in the same general continuity, building upon the plot of the previous one but in sort of distant ways most of the time. 5 is basically meant to be a big celebration of the series and the final game to tie them all together, and it does just that, to the point where playing 5 without having played at least 2 of the previous FM's will leave you pretty lost, and ideally one would've played the 3 that were released in english.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dude type it out, this is the low-patience thread. It's not SOOOOOO EPIC that he needs to watch it for himself or else he wouldn't be asking here.

Keith David betrays the group and almost gets you all killed. You go through a level that's just events from They Live because ~references~, and then everyone immediately forgets that Keith almost killed them. You crash the simulation and then storm his ship. You put on a suit that gives you super powers in real life, and then fight him in a giant robot. You beat his robot and then tear out his spine.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Front Mission's plot takes place over a course of time actually.

Time line wise It's Front Mission 1 takes place in 2090, Front Mission 4 takes place in 2096, Front Mission 2 in 2102, and Front Mission 3 takes place in 2112. Basically they're all stand-alone but they occasionally make references to previous series. Front Mission 5 is the odd-duck in that it's a mostly stand-alone story that is also meant to wrap up all the loose ends in the Series.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

blackguy32 posted:

How does Star Ocean 2 end? I got to somewhere on the 2nd disc at that new planet but the story had taken a dump by then so I quit

Starting from the point you get to the new planet, called Energy Nede, everyone except Claude (who realizes they're on another planet and Expel just got blown the gently caress up) is all "what is happening where are we". You meet Plot Exposition Man and start out by getting hold of a big flying monster called a Psynard and can recruit the last two characters, Noel and Chisato, along the way. Noel's a poorer version of Rena but Chisato can be pretty drat powerful. You head to some secret forbidden lab where you find that, shock, Rena is from Energy Nede and her parents saved her Superman-style the last time the Ten Wise Men tried their bullshit (3.7 billion years previously, :laffo:) and her time/life pod ended up on Expel.

Anyway, after that you soon launch an attack on the Ten Wise Men's base and get the poo poo kicked out of you, so you fall back and go through the Four Fields to harden the gently caress up and collect some Macguffins. Then you go to a cave of spooky minerals or something to collect another Macguffin to let you actually hurt the Ten Wise Men.

While that is being fashioned into weapons you go to Fun City to train at the arena, after which three of the Ten Wise Men show up to push your poo poo in, but joke's on them, you can hurt them now. After killing those three you launch another attack on their tower and work your way up through it, fighting first three then two of the remaining Wise Men. The second fight against Vesper and Decus is probably the hardest fight in the main game, for my money. Anyway then you kill the second-in-command as well and go fight the boss, who is all "Hahaha you have fallen prey to my ploy, I wanted those nine assholes out of the way anyway, now I shall rule alone!" then you kill him.

Once they're dead, Energy Nede is free to use baller-rear end magic to gently caress with time and bring Expel to the present from just before it was destroyed, but at the cost of Energy Nede itself. They don't really give any shits that their entire planet and civilization is being destroyed and are mostly like "Yeah we've been here awhile guess it's cool if we die now".

Then you get endings which have a bunch of combinations depending on character relationships and stuff.

Also once you reach the very last save point in the game just before the last boss, you can turn around and go all the way back through the dungeon, back to Fun City, and talk to an old dude in the arena. He teleports you to Expel only inside your mind or something, anyway you take your Psynard with you and can fly around Expel which is how you access the bonus dungeon.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

Scalding Coffee posted:

An infinite probability machine ate Earth and turned every human on it into salt-based emo aliens looking for love. Thousands of years later, said aliens are still searching and subsequently murdering people who don't give a gently caress, while humanity conquers space. A magical girl robot modeled after a dead girl, has the ultimate power to destroy the aliens, and so does an increasing number of machines that makes her obsolete within months. Some creepy guy ends up kidnapping her and stealing her battle data through a Kali Ma technique hand-waving ceremony. She got rescued and eventually fights a Gnosis-machine hybrid that powers a doomsday weapon.

Game two has half the cast gets a facelift and Gnosis become more violent. The good guys and bad guys send their spaceships to fight over a yellow monolith that eats planets and craps Gnosis. The leader of said bad guys deploy a machine that turns a planet into a bird that utilizes Isaac Newton's first law of motion. You find out all of the bad guys you fought are controlled by the space Illuminati and you fight their leader. You don't kill him because some immortals who dress like crows do it for you and revive a dying man who can gently caress up space. You kill that man who soon after gets revived, again, made immortal and wears a crow outfit. The largest Gnosis ever appears, eats the yellow monolith, and skedaddles away.

A Japan-only iOS game did something with terrorism and went through Ziggy's past before he became a cyborg. A bad guy who will wear a black crow outfit makes his appearance.

Game three decides to dump on the plot and retcons most of the first and second game, while assuming the ROW audience played the JP-only game. It doesn't explain any of the poo poo that happened after the second game, mention the iOS game, or the black crow character. The Gnosis are now controlled and murder strategic planets with increasing frequency. The group fights several unwinnable battles and travel to the past. It turns out the past was a VR simulation and it turned out Shion called the Gnosis to humanity in her grief. She sees her young self responsible for the deaths of billions and in her grief, summons even more Gnosis to space including the giant Gnosis that disappeared with the god machine. It is revealed that T-ELOS is the body of Mary Magdalene and KOS-MOS is her will, so they must fight to absorb the other. KOS-MOS wins and Kevin shows up and said that Shion was a good lay when he wasn't a living corpse and Shion joins him in fighting her friends. One Erde Kaiser Sigma later and Shion realizes that friendship is happiness and leaves Kevin. The group ends up meeting Wilhelm who said the universe is going to be destroyed and has been for many times that previously. Mary was needed to prevent that from happening and Shion was merely her attendant. The process to restore the universe happens and the Gnosis are finally revealed to be the saddest sacks of humanity who gave up on life and want others to feel their pain. Those of the group who didn't die, made a journey to a reborn Earth in a sequel that will never happen.

According to Perfect Works, it is hinted that something happens midway between the events of Xenosaga and Xenogears. My assumption is that something happens that sets in between it that sets up Xenogears which we still will never find out about episode 4.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Can someone summarize Kingdom Hearts Re:coded? It's the one game in the series I could never be bothered to play for whatever reason (yes, I even suffered through 358/2 Days)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

majormonotone posted:

Can someone summarize Kingdom Hearts Re:coded? It's the one game in the series I could never be bothered to play for whatever reason (yes, I even suffered through 358/2 Days)

They make a Data-Sora. Data-Sora finds out that the guys from Birth By Sleep are a thing and that real Sora has to rescue them. Sora goes off to take the Mark of Mastery example that becomes Kingdom Hearts 3DS. The end.

That's seriously it.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

They make a Data-Sora. Data-Sora finds out that the guys from Birth By Sleep are a thing and that real Sora has to rescue them. The end.

That's seriously it.

Welp, glad I didn't pay $40 or whatever for it :v:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A mundane one: I got stuck in the catacombs in Baldur's Gate and the game was so unengaging I just quit there. Could someone give me the bullet point list of what happened next?

A hard one: I never finished Rogue Galaxy because the final boss is literally ten phases long with no loving checkpoints. The game was utter garbage coming after Dark Cloud 2 but I'd like to know how it ended.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can someone spoil Kingdom Hearts: DDD? I got bored around the Rinzer fight and ended up selling it later.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

While we're on a Kingdom Hearts kick, can someone spoil Birth By Sleep for me? I got to the end of Terra's story and couldn't stand the controls.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
Really, let's just have the whole KH series after the first. That's about as long as it made sense.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Mister Adequate posted:

Starting from the point you get to the new planet, called Energy Nede, everyone except Claude (who realizes they're on another planet and Expel just got blown the gently caress up) is all "what is happening where are we". You meet Plot Exposition Man and start out by getting hold of a big flying monster called a Psynard and can recruit the last two characters, Noel and Chisato, along the way. Noel's a poorer version of Rena but Chisato can be pretty drat powerful. You head to some secret forbidden lab where you find that, shock, Rena is from Energy Nede and her parents saved her Superman-style the last time the Ten Wise Men tried their bullshit (3.7 billion years previously, :laffo:) and her time/life pod ended up on Expel.

Anyway, after that you soon launch an attack on the Ten Wise Men's base and get the poo poo kicked out of you, so you fall back and go through the Four Fields to harden the gently caress up and collect some Macguffins. Then you go to a cave of spooky minerals or something to collect another Macguffin to let you actually hurt the Ten Wise Men.

While that is being fashioned into weapons you go to Fun City to train at the arena, after which three of the Ten Wise Men show up to push your poo poo in, but joke's on them, you can hurt them now. After killing those three you launch another attack on their tower and work your way up through it, fighting first three then two of the remaining Wise Men. The second fight against Vesper and Decus is probably the hardest fight in the main game, for my money. Anyway then you kill the second-in-command as well and go fight the boss, who is all "Hahaha you have fallen prey to my ploy, I wanted those nine assholes out of the way anyway, now I shall rule alone!" then you kill him.

Once they're dead, Energy Nede is free to use baller-rear end magic to gently caress with time and bring Expel to the present from just before it was destroyed, but at the cost of Energy Nede itself. They don't really give any shits that their entire planet and civilization is being destroyed and are mostly like "Yeah we've been here awhile guess it's cool if we die now".

Then you get endings which have a bunch of combinations depending on character relationships and stuff.

Also once you reach the very last save point in the game just before the last boss, you can turn around and go all the way back through the dungeon, back to Fun City, and talk to an old dude in the arena. He teleports you to Expel only inside your mind or something, anyway you take your Psynard with you and can fly around Expel which is how you access the bonus dungeon.
You left out Mayor Narl knew you had to get the Macguffins beforehand and sent you on a suicide mission. The story is so bad about this.

gyrobot posted:

According to Perfect Works, it is hinted that something happens midway between the events of Xenosaga and Xenogears. My assumption is that something happens that sets in between it that sets up Xenogears which we still will never find out about episode 4.
That would be set during Cain's ascent.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Rogue Lemon posted:

Really, let's just have the whole KH series after the first. That's about as long as it made sense.

So about two thirds of the first game?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

A mundane one: I got stuck in the catacombs in Baldur's Gate and the game was so unengaging I just quit there. Could someone give me the bullet point list of what happened next?

• You escape the catacombs, return to Buldar's Gate, and proceed to wreck poo poo. Storm the Iron Throne compound, save Duke Eltan and get arrested by/fight the Flaming Fist.

• Crash the Ducal Palace right in the middle of Sarevok's gloating take over attempt and expose to everyone that the massive dude with a gravely voice in full plate that's covered in horns and spikes is, in fact, the bad guy.

• There's a short fight, Sarevok flees into the Thieves' Guild and then further into a ruined, ancient city underground. You catch up to him in an old temple to Bhaal and have a pretty awesome boss fight. After he dies an ending cinimatic reveals that there are many, many more Bhaalspawn out there in the world.

• P.S. In case you missed it somehow, you are also a Bhaalspawn.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 14, 2014

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

Rirse posted:

Can someone spoil Kingdom Hearts: DDD? I got bored around the Rinzer fight and ended up selling it later.

Xehanort is working of making Organization Me and Sora is one of the people that can become a Xehanort. Riku and Axel save Sora from becoming a Xehanort and Sora is in a coma so Riku has to dive into him to save him. At the end, Sora fails the Mark of Mastery test for reasons and wanders off, while Riku doesn't and is asked to help train Kairi while Axel has his own keyblade to play with.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

While we're on a Kingdom Hearts kick, can someone spoil Birth By Sleep for me? I got to the end of Terra's story and couldn't stand the controls.

Aqua and Terra are gigantic gently caress ups that accidentally help kickstart Xehanort's plans, since Terra gets possessed by Xehanort and Aqua decides to send him back to the worlds by sacrificing herself. Aqua is also to blame for the castle from Chain of Memories and comatose Ventus is stashed inside. Also, Ventus was brought back to life because Sora give him a piece of his heart years ago, becomes comatose because Sora takes it back, and the masked guy is all the darkness in Ventus's heart given form.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Never did finish the last case of Ace Attorney 2, I just skipped it and ill never get around to playing it.

What happens? And what's the context of that one animation of Franziska crying?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Fantastic.

SMT Strange Journey - Depends on which arc you pick, Law, Neutral or Chaos

Regardless of ending, two things happen to your crew

Zelenin (the russian scientist) becomes an Angel who fights for Heavens glorious purpose, and to return Human kind to heavens control

Jimenez, due to an accident with an outside crew to the schwartzelt (or whatever it's called) fuses with his demon, and fights for the Chaos mindset of letting the strong rule etc etc.

Chaos - If you side with Jimenez, you fight against Zelenin and the Angel who "sponsored" her. Humankind retains its free will, but descends into primal chaos as the strong run rampant over the weak.

Law - If you side with Zelenin, you fight for the glory of heaven, against a faction of demons lead by Jimenez. Mankind loses its collective free will and is folded into the Kingdom of heaven.

Neutral - If you reject both sides, Commander Gore officially returns and you destroy the schwartzvelt, returning to the status quo.

On New Game +, it's revealed that there is a shard of YHWH in the Schwartzvelt, that is actually generating it as it heals and regrows. This is an actual part of god that was destroyed in SMT (so the common theory goes, but who loving knows with Atlus). This is actually what the Heaven faction is searching for during the whole game.

You then destroy it for shits and giggles.

Nocturne is basically the same thing (law = no free will, chaos = well, chaos, and Neutral = return to the start of the game with a chance the events may re-occur, but there is a "secret" / true ending.

"True Demon" ending - you basically reject every purpose that the characters of the game try to convince you to endorse, instead choosing to accept the purpose of the guy in the wheelchair at the end of the Labyrinth. Only the dude is Satan with a capital S, and you basically fight him to a standstill. If you win, he has a short conversation that basically says "If you accept my Reason, god will curse you forever as he has me" and you accept it. Satan responds by making you his head general, and you lead the armies of hell to crush and destroy the kingdom of heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JI_4kGK5D0

You should watch the video, the music is pretty damned good.

Your main character from Nocturne actually shows up as a superboss in SMT: Digital Devil Saga, the game plays the "normal fight" music from Nocturne, which indicates he views your entire party as a random encounter :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynzL2TnEDec

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011

gay skull posted:

Never did finish the last case of Ace Attorney 2, I just skipped it and ill never get around to playing it.

Matt Engarde, the guy who you're suppose to be defending, is an unrepentantly evil piece of poo poo that does the shadiest poo poo to get what he wants. I believe he's also responsible for the aide's role model to commit suicide years beforehand, just to show how evil he is, if the magically appearing scars and glass of wine he swishes evilly wasn't enough. He hired the assassin that kills the victim and kidnaps and threatens to Maya. On top of that, Engarde kept tabs on the assassination by a hidden camera, so he can potentially blackmail the assassin later.

You eventually put Engarde in a no-win scenario by telling the assassin that Engarde spied on him, which the assassin doesn't like since he expect people to follow a code of honor when people ask him for an assassination, and secretly taping him and planing on blackmailing goes against that contract. Because of that, Engarde becomes the asssassin's next target, so going to prison gives him the safest chance to not get completely murdered. He also claws his own face when you turn the tables on him.

The crying Fran thing is during the final wrap up scene where Edgeworth is talking to Fran before one of the two goes off to board the plane, and Fran demands to know what caused Edgeworth's shift and caused him to vanish for a year. I believe giving her the assassin's calling card, which Maya doodled on to make it look like Phoenix's face, causes her to cry. Edgeworth goes on to explain that Phoenix's actions and demeanor in the first game is what causes Edgeworth's shift from the Manfred "anything to win" style to his own personal "I just want to see the truth that's being hidden" that he has for the rest of the series.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

gay skull posted:

Aw man it's one of the best cases in the series. In short

A tv star is murdered and you're defending his co-star. You find convincing evidence that pins your defendant's agent because her mentor dated the victim but they broke up and she committed suicide. Eventually you find out that your defendant is a Bond villain responsible for the woman's suicide and hired an assassin to kill the TV star. He also kidnapped Maya and will kill her unless you get a non-guilty verdict.

The whole case is a guilt ridden Phoenix and Edgeworth trying to stall while Franziska finds Maya. Franziska comes through with the final piece of evidence but is shot by the assassin. Phoenix finds out the defendant video taped the assassin (who's a stereotypical gentleman) for use as blackmail. The assassin breaks his contract and vows to kill the defendant who pleads guilty to be protected in jail.

At the very end Franziska reminisces with Edgeworth about how she respected Manfred despite being a murderer, her admittance over her lack of experience at losing to Phoenix, and how much she looked up to Edgeworth. Edgeworth hands her the whip and sees her off.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 14, 2014

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

Nathilus posted:

Jesus Christ, even with all those words I had to leave a lot out. Kid is a Schala clone/daughter created when Schala got sucked into the Devourer, though the game tries to fake you out into thinking that she was from Robo's future. The Masamune has turned SERIOUSLY evil. There's a part where you go through the garbage disposal of the dimensions. Lynx is Serge's dad, being (mostly) controlled by FATE after his ruinous expedition into Chronopolis. FATE had Lucca's orphanage burned to the ground and most of the original cast killed. A bunch of other poo poo I'm forgetting. Game is nuts.

It all makes sense when you realize it was just a wacky RPG that had nothing to do with CT with CT characters shoehorned into the story though. CC was pretty poo poo aside from the great music

Also can anyone tell me about Knights of the Old Republic. I tried picking that game up a few years ago but it's so old that playing it fresh is just awful. The gameplay is terrible and I'm not into the star wars universe but I hear the story is good

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

oswald ownenstein posted:

It all makes sense when you realize it was just a wacky RPG that had nothing to do with CT with CT characters shoehorned into the story though. CC was pretty poo poo aside from the great music

Also can anyone tell me about Knights of the Old Republic. I tried picking that game up a few years ago but it's so old that playing it fresh is just awful. The gameplay is terrible and I'm not into the star wars universe but I hear the story is good

The player character is Revan. Bastilla has known who you were for the whole game, as she was the one who took you down the first time. Depending on certain choices you make through-out the game, several of the characters can get permanently killed, or jump to the Dark Side and you have to fight them before you stop Malek. Oh, and the bigger secret of the game is that the massive fleet Revan was using to invade the Republic with, that no-one knew where it came from? Ancient Precursor Civilization device called the Star Forge that built all of his/her ships and tech. You can either destroy it and return to Coruscant a Hero, or take control of it yourself. My personal favorite ending is you romance Bastilla, go Dark Side, Bastilla is kidnapped by Malek and goes Dark Side, and when you confront her you reassure her that you still love her no matter what and she lets you through to go kill Malek. It's the Evil Happy Ending.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The really short version:

The player is the former leader of the Sith who was missing (presumed dead). The Jedi brainwashed you.

The longer version:

Two Jedi who led the defence against the Mandalorians turned to the Dark Side, attracting many followers. One (Revan) was defeated, and the other (Malak) took over. The player and his companions (including one Jedi, Bastila, who has a rare ability to inspire a whole army at once) are attacked by Malak, who wipes out a whole planet in an effort to kill them. The party head to Dantooine (the main Jedi headquarters), where the PC trains to be a Jedi and finds out that Malak and Revan discovered references to a superweapon (the Starforge) developed by an ancient civilisation (the Rakatans).

The Jedi send the PC and friends to former colonies of the Rakatans to try and find out the location of the Starforge. Along the way you pick up a bunch of additional companions, including a few Jedi and an assassin droid whose memory banks have been partially wiped.

You are attacked again by Malak, who reveals that you are his former master Revan. Several of the party members (Bastila, one of the other Jedi, and the assassination droid) all knew or deduced this and kept it from you, for various reasons. Bastila is captured and turned to the Dark Side, but you find the location of the Starforge, which Malak has been using to produce an army. You travel to the Starforge and kill Malak and either take it over (if you're evil), or redeem Bastila and destroy the Starforge (if you're good).

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Sep 14, 2014

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Last Remnant and Agarest: Generations of War. Steam sales result in me buying lots of bad games that I never finish and these 2 are the most recent. :arghfist::saddowns:

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
That KoTR summary sounds pretty awesome - thanks guys

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

That KoTR summary sounds pretty awesome - thanks guys
2 is even better. Just ignore The Old Republic though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Philosopher King posted:

You find out Gongora is also immortal and has been pulling the strings, he activates the Grand Staff which freezes a bunch of poo poo. The immortals are from another world and the mortals of the existing world effect it for some reason, and Gongora wants to stop that, and get rid of other immortals. A fight happens, Seth drags Gongora to the other world, game ends with Kaim and Sarah watching over those lovely kids, Ming and Jansen get together and everyone regrets playing this game after disc 1.
Also nothing was ever as good as the first dream sequence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv_yNn72aeQ

• Locked thread