Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/cast-married-children-reunite-17-years/story?id=25403054

Al Bundie never knew how good he had it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

gary oldmans diary posted:

i wonder if david faustino misses being a person
gently caress you jason bateman does not deserve work laughing along with funnier people in a mediocre comedy is not the same as doing comedy yourself
that dude actually makes things around him less funny

Arrested Development is not a mediocre comedy.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

TOILETLORD posted:

he was there to be peoples foil it's the only reason he worked.

he was arrested developments peggy hill.

That's still not a very valid critique. Comedy requires a straight man, it's a fundamental aspect of how multi-person comedy functions. The red face and the blue face. For every Larry and Curly you need a Moe to yell at them for being stupid. It's the person who stands in for the audience. There's a lot of work involved in being a good straight man.

...im gay.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

gary oldmans diary posted:

when a person plays a straight man because thats the limit of their abilities it turns out that person isnt actually funny
take that knowledge and try to watch horrible bosses without wanting to kill bateman more than any of the other actors involved

I spent Horrible Bosses laughing my rear end off at Charlie and Sexual Harassment Jennifer Aniston. I had forgotten that Bateman was even in it, actually, so that may make your point.

• Locked thread