Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I guess it's that good of a movie. I mean Disney on Ice is all about Frozen and they threw in a bunch of poo poo with other older Disney movies for whatever reason.

I bet Christmas at Disney is going to be all Frozen Themed too. It's too bad that Orson Welles is dead because he said it was impossible to make a good movie remotely based on the Snow Queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've never seen this loving movie and I never will, but do we have a youtube of a drag queen doing a set to Let it Go yet

naem
May 29, 2011

When Disney are good they're REALLY good

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
ICE to meet you

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Harime Nui posted:

I've never seen this loving movie and I never will, but do we have a youtube of a drag queen doing a set to Let it Go yet

nothing from Conchita involving frozen yet.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Frozen is a really good Disney film. I'm not surprised that kids are still excited by it.

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
It was a cute movie with cute characters with competent animation and catchy songs.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

they probably should... let it go

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
eh, kids will move on to the next big cartoon movie fad eventually. no one will remember Frozen when Evangelion 4.44 comes out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom posted:

eh, kids will move on to the next big cartoon movie fad eventually. no one will remember Frozen when Evangelion 4.44 comes out

I'm still trying to forget 3.33

Holy poo poo was that awful.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I haven't seen the new evangelions

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've only seen the first one.

it worked surprisingly well.

Like, it would've sucked if it never got sequels, but they managed a nice little arc for shinji. You didn't feel like you'd just watched the disjointed mess of the beginning of a bigger story like with most compilation movies.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my VCR is broken so i cant rent anything

is there a novelization?

56k here

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I don't know why adults like Disney movies.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I don't get the hype. It's really nothing special.

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
frozen is awesome and sometimes i like to dress up and pretend i'm a princess just like anna and theres nothing any of you can do about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Celery Face posted:

I don't get the hype. It's really nothing special.

its a childrens movie so as long as youre not emotionally stunted this should be your reaction

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
average frozen fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCieYfPqpVc&t=41s

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
i tried to watch it on two separate occasions and had to let it go

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCieYfPqpVc&t=16s
e: guts is a chill dog

shiksa fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 11, 2014

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

My four year old son tried to watch it and stormed out about 30 minutes in shouting 'THIS IS FOR GIRLS', so I've never seen it. Boys films involve dragons and possibly robots, so I get to watch those a lot instead.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The song was good but the movie was pretty bland. I didn't understand the point of the snowman, he had a huge Poochiesque introduction that killed the flow of the movie and distracted from everything and then he just disappeared for the rest of the film.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Tangled was better. It had villains with very real motivations. Frozen went all "Uhhhhh, THIS GUY WAS TOTES EVIL ALL ALONG AND HE"S TRYING TO KILL ELSA BECAUSE uhhhhhhhh... AWW YES HE GOT PUNCHED IN THE FACE THE END"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont have kids so i dont go watch movies for small children anymore

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

Tangled was better. It had villains with very real motivations. Frozen went all "Uhhhhh, THIS GUY WAS TOTES EVIL ALL ALONG AND HE"S TRYING TO KILL ELSA BECAUSE uhhhhhhhh... AWW YES HE GOT PUNCHED IN THE FACE THE END"

Hans should have been the protagonist. A humble man trying to score easy redheads learns to aim for the top and takes over a country

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I was just about to say this isp retty big in japan isn't it? HOly poo poo this is bad

E:

I was gonna knock this person then I saw their background was Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly.

I can't disrespect some kid that knows about Back to the Future.

I was in a game lobby for Gundam once and I said "When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious poo poo." And a few of them got it. WHich surprised me. I think most kids in the USA their age group don't know what the gently caress Back To The Future even is.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Sep 11, 2014

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

cynic posted:

My four year old son tried to watch it and stormed out about 30 minutes in shouting 'THIS IS FOR GIRLS', so I've never seen it. Boys films involve dragons and possibly robots, so I get to watch those a lot instead.

your son is right

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
i know that it's a movie for girls about some girl power poo poo. you know what's not? the loving lion ki g. just saying.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

FogHelmut posted:

The song was good but the movie was pretty bland. I didn't understand the point of the snowman, he had a huge Poochiesque introduction that killed the flow of the movie and distracted from everything and then he just disappeared for the rest of the film.

Disney checklist:
- cute princess
- evil person with doubtful motivation
- wacky sidekick

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
i watched it and it was pretty much a disney movie

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

Hi, I'm a young child and I enjoy watching the same movies over and over again. I saw cars 19 times YTD

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Seems to be a good movie. Looks like I'll watch it some time then.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I don't care what the OP says. Let the fad reign onnnnn. Disney be makin poo poo movies any-way.

Harime Nui posted:

i know that it's a movie for girls about some girl power poo poo. you know what's not? the loving lion ki g. just saying.

Nala was basically going to be raped by her betrothed's uncle in the original script but I guess Disney felt like that was too "dark" compared to having a dad lion get brutally murdered or whatever.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's too bad that Orson Welles is dead because he said it was impossible to make a good movie remotely based on the Snow Queen.

he'd be going down on a lotta people right about now

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I was hoping that Disney was giving up on the 'girl does a thing while singing about it and then marries a dude' formula but I heard that this movie is exactly that.

Too had Pixar stuff is starting to suck.

Stupid Disney.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Pixar stuff always sucked. Except the first 15 minutes of Up and Wall-E

The good poo poo ended with the Lion King

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Zzulu posted:

Pixar stuff always sucked. Except the first 15 minutes of Up and Wall-E

The good poo poo ended with the Lion King

Waiting on the Pixar remake of A Serbian Film tbh

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Disney Movies are terrible, everyone should watch British animation;

Bear in mind that this film is currently rated U (please excuse the lovely music)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPBck3xcUJc

Plague dogs is pretty awesome too,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5mcc47xD8

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

the definitive six-yr-old girl opinion on frozen is that it's a subpar movie due to elsa not having a ton of bling on her dress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

cynic posted:

Your son would be devoured by women of the internet for saying such things here.

• Locked thread