Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

one of the characters, i forget which, stashes the evil orb in a locker in the WTC because nothing bad would ever happen to them, and then Stephen King winks to the audience before dancing on the 9/11 memorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

no

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
yeah what beebaby said

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah what beebaby said

well it was the funniest part, and the only one i remember years after reading those poses

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Idk OP I didn't get past the mechanical bear and his mechanical maintenence crew (mechanical snake)

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
steven king is a pretty lovely writer

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I don't read 'books'.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nanomashoes posted:

one of the characters, i forget which, stashes the evil orb in a locker in the WTC because nothing bad would ever happen to them, and then Stephen King winks to the audience before dancing on the 9/11 memorial?

I really don't remember this part. I do remember when the main character got some of his fingers and toes eaten by lobster monsters. That sucked for him.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
Black Thirteen owns you. Also robot wolves.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Wizard and Glass is better than all the other books put together.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

yes

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Nanomashoes posted:

it was probably jake

gently caress that kid go die again why dont ya

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
unfinished thread subject lopploLoLoLoLoKjakajdidkdxisk!'nnnnn!!!!!!'nnnnnnn!!!!! Hahahahhahahahahaja

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really don't remember this part. I do remember when the main character got some of his fingers and toes eaten by lobster monsters. That sucked for him.

Chum alum? Dick a dee. Chick a chum?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
I remember the part were it ended and I suddenly regretted that King didn't die when he was hit by that van.

I also regretted the part where he got hit by that van and didn't die.

It was P good, except for those parts. Voted 1 for reminding me.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i've read the whole series 3 times and I jerk off each time I get to that part :thumbsup:

e: of course I 've read individual books more than 3 times each but I've gone the whole stretch three times

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

what was with people calling the turtle the swedish word for turtle though

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

If anyone stopped at Wizard and Glass, one of the main threats of the later books was armed with a full Harry Potter arsenal.

I wish I was kidding. Seriously, stop at Wizard and Glass, that one owns bones.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

and they all have dr. doom's costume...

e:

they get defeated by having dinner plates thrown at them (which the heroes know will work because one such plate was used to cut off the head of a guy who had a boner and then stephen king explains how the guy's boner slowly deflates then he topples over)

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

drat I just may start thru read through №. 4

other must see moments include the cum sandwich and the nuclear retard gently caress quest

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

opus111 posted:

Wizard and Glass is better than all the other books put together.

i'm pretty sure this is the book i stopped on because it was so boring and stupid

but who knows it was all really forgettable and stupid, i think the next book had doctor-doom werewolves and the crippled lady learned how to use discuses to take them out

gently caress what a stupid series

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

like at least the previous book had the pink riddler-train as an antagonist, that was somehow less stupid amazingly

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The Protagonist posted:

i'm pretty sure this is the book i stopped on because it was so boring and stupid

but who knows it was all really forgettable and stupid, i think the next book had doctor-doom werewolves and the crippled lady learned how to use discuses to take them out

gently caress what a stupid series
yeah then in the next book:
1. aforementioned WTC 9/11 thing
2. Stephen King himself shows up

naem
May 29, 2011

He started and stopped that series several times until it became a fan fiction of itself, which he incorporated into the plot. It was ultimately pretty clever IMO

Also don't pretend like radioactive mutant gently caress robot werewolfs aren't awesome ok? Don't

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

i remember the lobstrosities almost killing and eating roland, so he drinks a coke and shoots up a drug store for aspirin

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the whole series is cheesy as gently caress but I love it. I love the monster stand up comedian that kills people by making them laugh themselves to death

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

and if you don't have the illustrated editions you're missing out, they are essential to enjoy the cheesyness of the whole thing

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

the whole series is cheesy as gently caress but I love it. I love the monster stand up comedian that kills people by making them laugh themselves to death

jfc you could make up anything and i'd have to entertain the possibility it appeared in this series, i give it props for that

okay this is really badass

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

The Protagonist posted:

jfc you could make up anything and i'd have to entertain the possibility it appeared in this series, i give it props for that

Its no joke, the fuckers name is Dandello and he is supposedly like the humor variant of Pennywise the clown, as in they are related. Yeah. He feeds on a dude who erases the Crimson King from existence by erasing him from his drawing, except his eyes because why the gently caress not.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The last book is the most disappointing by far because Flagg gets taken out like a bitch by that lovely spider

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
never read them

are they good?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
It gets worse as you go on but as a whole its a great series for the sheer amount of weird poo poo going on
The murdertrain in book 3 is prob the highlight

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Xaris posted:

never read them

are they good?

They are bad but also really really good.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Barfing Cumlord posted:

The last book is the most disappointing by far because Flagg gets taken out like a bitch by that lovely spider

The quickest, laziest way to tell your audience that this new character here is supposed to be a badass. Have 'em stomp all over another character you've actually spent time on.

Xaris posted:

never read them

are they good?

The first three are pretty ace in their original states, before King went back and rewrote them so they'd fit in better with the later ones. The fourth one opens with a train crash and that's a good symbol for the narrative momentum at that point (although the flashback is an OK story in its own right, nothing amazing). The series gets pretty loving weird and goofy after that.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I only cried when Oi! died.

naem
May 29, 2011

I liked how the series derailed and went off the deep end. It's a good metaphor for life.

You think there's going to be this badass showdown between good and evil and instead it's like "life doesn't make any sense and neither does this crazy book ps you stink."

Like the last book he seriously yells HARRY POTTER and then Steve shows up as a character, fanning himself with a fat stack of $100's and says "Dude don't even read this next part, holy poo poo"

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet
I'm not autistic so no.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

what's a orb?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Fun fact! There's a real Gilead in Maine, and is about 30 miles or so up the road from where King "summers" - Lovell, Maine. Lovell was the setting for the fictional King in the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Remember the part where the robot marauders were blowing people to poo poo with weaponized golden snitches?

• Locked thread