Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i'm in just to play with 100yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

Conveniently meaning you won't have to take responsibility for it if it goes wrong.

Puntification posted:

How do you feel about krell?

##vote puntification

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Aw I'm flattered. Promise not to suck too much. Or are you just trying to develop a system to perfectly read me every single time?

i can't make that promise

;)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

Good case pro work.

##trick puntification

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

merk i'll cut you a deal

vig uranus if i give you a candy

##unvote

##vote uranus

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I'm voting Uranus because he's scum

But I'm trying a new style this game in that I'm not actually going to try at all because I end up frustrated

If you agree with me vote him if not I won't bother to explain it

For what it's worth I think there's a scum motivation to Uranus's post to punti

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I didn't give merk candy. I offered. Also, I haven't received candy from anyone. I started off with two, no one tricked me, and I tricked punt.

I just want to kill uranus. This may or may not have anything to do with his alignment. It doesn't. Although he probably is a bad guy.

Someone gift me candy so I can rid us of spacebutt.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Honestly, I'm completely uninterested in engaging you in anyway whatsoever until Uranus is eliminated.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

I gave a piece to Ernie. I checked and doublechecked my PM log to be sure, and I definitely gave a piece to Ernie.

Unless someone has access to a secret out-of-thread stealing mechanism then I have definitely not received anything from you. Are we sure that this isn't just because you sent it later than Mac's last login?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Either way, there's too much noise about a mechanic that won't really tell us anything until our first flip, and not enough talking about our first flip.

Uranus is still a bad guy. If he's not bad guy then Puntification is but not because of anything Punti did/said to Uranus.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i feel powerful

i feel very, very powerful

spacebutt, my will to discover the bad-guys far outweighs my will to avenge my demise elsewhere

let me read this thread and come to a decision

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

All the thoughts I didn't publicize before now:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't get Ernie's vote on Punt and would need that explained. Punt's above comment is really helpful since givers can't be scum buddies to whomever they gave. It could get us some confirmed town later in the game.

TLDR

I would say Uranus, Rarity, then Ernie, but I'd rather you didn't shoot and sat on it for a bit cause I'm nowhere sold on any of these, not even to comfortably vote them.

I didn't like this post when 100Yrs first made it. 'Ernie suspects Punt, but Punt made a town-favoring post, and so I suspect Ernie' is pretty surface-level analysis from 100Yrs.

Byers2142 posted:

I disagree on Krell; he made the first really in-depth post of the game and in it called merk potentially green, because they've rarely played together in the past. He's also suggesting merk might be scummy, but his action was to try and keep the kill away from merk which fits if he thinks merk shouldn't be trusted with the kill regardless of alignment. It feels genuine and is a bad case because of who merk, specifically, is.

Byers is probably town this game. When he's scum he gets super-excited to start casting doubt on everyone around him. Here he stuck his neck out for Krell relatively quickly.

Dragonatrix posted:

I am well aware that me wanting to write it off like that is incredibly suspect but it's the only conclusion that makes sense at the moment. Mostly this is because if we're counting out the totals, there seems to be another error in the new amounts too even discounting that. Started with 26, so we should be at 18 after the 2 dayvigs. Current totals are at 19 so not only did one go missing, but at least one more has been added somewhere too.

This feels honest. I find that preemptive posts are overwhelmingly made by un-guilty town. Scum pre-emptiveness is exclusive to them pretending like their thoughts are evolving. This on the other hand has no effect on the grand scale of the game, but Dragon feels like he should be honest upfront about it nonetheless.

___

This is where I would read Krell. I am not reading Krell.
___

merk posted:

Yo, give me the candy. As I've said in previous games, I'm the player here who you can trust will use the item in the most pro-town way possible. If I'm town, you trust my game theory, you always have. Even if I am scum, which I am not, I will use a publicly available item in the most pro-town way possible so that I look town using it.

I've blindly trusted merk as town since this post. If he were scum he'd probably paint it as pro-scum to not gift him candies, or he'd not be as honest-sounding. I've recently actually had a good run of reading merk recently and this fits with that well.

Rarity posted:

I haven't got a good reason for why Ernie would be lying.

I think Rarity sounds logical here, but this is the exact sort of post scum would make to sound ~totally town~. Null read.

Puntification posted:

Conveniently meaning you won't have to take responsibility for it if it goes wrong.

Puntification posted:

How do you feel about krell?

These posts bugged me immensely when I first read them. They totally read like newbie scum that's trying to sow doubt and seem helpful all too hard.

But then

uranus posted:

nice catch

this is possibly the least likely post in the world that i would expect spacebutt to make in reaction to punti's post

apostateCourier posted:

I don't like that Krell disappeared after I called him out.

##vote Krell Talk to me, Krell.

Apo isn't at all self-conscious here, and town apo totally believes in voting for pressure. Sombrero replies with:

Somberbrero posted:

Strong gut read on AC. ##vote apostateCourier

This feels like a safe, opportunistic vote.

Somberbrero posted:

##holiday Founder's Day because America.

##trick Byers

Merk, I'll shoot who you tell me to.

This was also a p bad post, he tries to get on merk's good side with the mechanic, instead of exploiting it to confirm that someone he might think is scum (not-merk) gifts him a candy.

In summary, I'd probably list my scum-picks as

Sombrero > Uranus > Puntification > 100Yrs > Rarity

not willing to vig/cuddle anyone else today

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm

##vote sombebrero

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Puntification posted:

One of these days we'll play a game where you don't call me newbie scum.

I don't remember the last time I did this. What game was it?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I don't understand why you all rushed to cuddle somb yesterday. I could have vigged him, we had an extra 24 hours.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

I would like Krell to hammer.

I agree with this.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1KMlnBzSlO3

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1eaUpAwpZC1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.