Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

The_Cack posted:

cheap rear end goons turning down money? i doubt it

wait i missed that part
make it 20 pounds & id do it and go buy drugs my life is hell already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

yeah but thats supposedly all in your head so that should be cool as gently caress for people in the brain / psychological field
why has there been no more research

Okay but the ghost said he was Michael Landon and I have no reason to assume he was lying.

a hole-y ghost posted:

hey guys... its me... im the one spelling out poo poo on your boards...

N-n-noooooooooooooooooooooo

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Okay but the ghost said he was Michael Landon and I have no reason to assume he was lying.

N-n-noooooooooooooooooooooo

maybe it really was him, maybe in some absurd "reality is stranger than fiction" thing the only way loving famous dead people can talk to us is via a board we all touch

and in that case well u hosed up why didnt you talk to him

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Drunk & Ugly posted:

and in that case well u hosed up why didnt you talk to him

We tried to but he was super mad & refused to talk to us after threatening to kill us. I don't know what's going down in the afterlife but Michael Landon was really loving pissed off about it. A lot of people think that you go to Heaven after you die but you might just float around as a ghost cloud getting constantly pestered by tween girls who want to know which boys like them and if they will get to marry Keanu Reeves. The ghost of Abraham Lincoln told me via Ouija board that I would get married to Keanu Reeves and I'm not calling the Great Emancipator a liar but Keanu & I aren't getting any younger and it's starting to look like it's not going to happen after all.

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

Trixie Hardcore posted:

We tried to but he was super mad & refused to talk to us after threatening to kill us. I don't know what's going down in the afterlife but Michael Landon was really loving pissed off about it. A lot of people think that you go to Heaven after you die but you might just float around as a ghost cloud getting constantly pestered by tween girls who want to know which boys like them and if they will get to marry Keanu Reeves. The ghost of Abraham Lincoln told me via Ouija board that I would get married to Keanu Reeves and I'm not calling the Great Emancipator a liar but Keanu & I aren't getting any younger and it's starting to look like it's not going to happen after all.

i dunno, maybe because he TOLD you you were going to marry keanu; you knew about it THUS altering your lifestyle and this world (if you had never asked, u would have!!!)

all the ghosts are sitting there like "gently caress every time i tell someone something they come back telling me im a liar this is bullshit what kind of hell is this, im just going to fyad poo poo and tell them all to fuckign die"

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

tried it but it told me and my cousin our grandfather was catching babe ruth baseballs in heaven and that sounds so really gay

then aghain im gay maybe its hereditary
im not really gay just kind of in the forums way

im going to have a oija meltdown

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Hypothetical scenario: OK so say you're a generic Joe who gets killed during the Civil War. Not as a soldier, just as somebody doing poo poo. You get dysentery and die. Pop. You're a ghost now. You can't really do anything and your ability to alter things in the physical world is limited to that of maybe a dragonfly. You jiggle some doorhandles and knock over stuff on the edge, but that gets kind of boring after a while.

Eventually the Ouija board gets invented and people start talking to ghosts en masse. People had been talking to ghosts via mediums for some time, but now is finally your chance to do something, as you're summoned to a discussion with the living. Finally! Just one problem, you never learned to read and write. poo poo. You move the arrow to some random letters you think make words, but the summoners are unimpressed with your illiteracy, idiot.

You go haunt a kindergarten class for a few months and then Billy Madison your way through the rest of your schooling. Now you're ready to move that little arrow thing! You wait a long long time and then finally you get summoned via Ouija.

After all this time, you can do something and feel useful again. Your summoners start asking you questions, and as you answer truthfully you realize that your life when you were alive was pretty boring and lame.

Some time passes, since there are a lot of other ghosts to get through before it's your turn again. You go to a haunt a movie theater, but people are too busy concentrating on the movie to pay much attention to you, so you give up and just enjoy the film. It's Point Break. Pretty cool.

Years pass, and the next time you're summoned, you've learned from your mistakes, and say you're Abraham Lincoln. They ask you who they're going to marry. gently caress if you know, you're just a ghost. Ghosts don't know poo poo about the future. Rather than tell the truth, you lie and tell her she'll marry Keanu Reeves.

Long story short, maybe ghosts are just dead normal people, many of their lives unbearably boring, who lie to Ouija users to spice up their stories.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Is there an app?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

Is there an app?

Nah, but there is an antidorktard spray. You should spray some in your face.

You suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

psyopmonkey posted:

Nah, but there is an antidorktard spray. You should spray some in your face.

You suck.

Ouch.

• Locked thread