Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Welcome back to the 13th Forward Fantasy League. This is the second season I'll be running this.

The general concept is that each participant picks 30 players for their fantasy team. You can pick any combination of forward, skater, or goalie, but only one from each team. Each player can of course only be selected once.

The points system is as follows:

1 Point / Goal
1 Point / Assist
1 Point / Goalie Win
1 Point / Goalie Shutout (A win via shutout awards 2 points, a shooter loss shutout still gets 1 point)
20 Points / Player who dies during the season
50 Points / Player who dies during an NHL game

This is a straight points league, with no trades or player acquisitions allowed. Your draft results will determine your success.

The cost will be 20$ CDN, payable over paypal to me. Information for this will be communicated prior to the draft.

The payout will be (the balance)$ / 40$ / 20$ for places 1/2/3. If there are more than 13 people second place will pay 60$.

Drafting will be done over 2 days, and will take place in IRC.

Dates TBD based on the following:

When signing up, please indicate blackout dates when you would not be available. I will pick the actual dates based on these blackout dates. Keep in mind the draft will take 2 nights.

Current players:

Jordan7hm

e: oops, forgetting to set the forum tag is the worst.

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hello please add me to the player list. With the first post in the thread I pick Crosby.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah I'm in and I take Wayne Gretzky's assists

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Ehh what the gently caress, why not? I'm in

I probably won't be available the 22nd, but currently every other night that week is open, and probably that weekend/next week but i'm not totally sure yet

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I'll get in on this again. I won't be available after Oct 10 for a couple weeks, but I assume we'll do it before the season starts so I don't have any blackout dates.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Hello I am going to win this year or at least not be last

I'll be around on Mon/Wed/Fri evenings after 5:30 PST (which might be a bit late for those of you on the worst coast), I'm available all day on the 23rd and after 4:30 PST on the 25th. I'm also available on the 27th after 2pm PST

Looking forward to not picking Edler or Pietrangelo this year!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We'll do it before the season starts of course.

I'm thinking 9:30 EST on weekdays, like last year.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Count me in. I cant draft from the 14th-21st.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I think I would like to lose 20 bucks to the fine people of Something Awful.

Count me in. Thursdays are not good for me, but I'm free pretty much the rest of the days.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am down, but the 9:30 time may be too late for my brittle bones, especially if it runs to midnight.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Count me in. I cant draft from the 14th-21st.

So you can't draft after the 21st?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jordan7hm posted:

So you can't draft after the 21st?

I can't draft until after the 21st. I'm on a rural vacation and coverage is spotty at best. Cheers.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I can't draft until after the 21st. I'm on a rural vacation and coverage is spotty at best. Cheers.

I can't read! Cool.

Day 1: 23rd (Tuesday) @ 9:30
Day 2: 29th (Monday) @ 9:30

Does that work for people? We can get some extra picks in during the week as well (though that attempt didn't go great last year).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah that's fine

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Yeah that should work for me

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

works for me

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'm probably getting a new schedule tomorrow so I might know then

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Still trying to get my schedule for next week, hope to get it today.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jordan7hm posted:

I can't read! Cool.

Day 1: 23rd (Tuesday) @ 9:30
Day 2: 29th (Monday) @ 9:30

Does that work for people? We can get some extra picks in during the week as well (though that attempt didn't go great last year).

Is it possible to move the Tuesday to Wednesday? If not, that's cool.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Twin Cinema posted:

Is it possible to move the Tuesday to Wednesday? If not, that's cool.

If I'm assuming right and these are EST Tuesday doesn't work, nor Wednesday. I work at 8 EST on Tues and Weds and work evenings Thurs, Fri, Sat. I am off this Sunday and Monday this week and Sunday next week. I'm mostly working evenings now in PST time zone so yeah. The earliest time I'm off is 11 EST on sat any day I work.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 20, 2014

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I could do Sunday as well. I know Jordan said during the week though.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Stupid new job and stupid new timezone, this is a lot harder than it was last year

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
so is this happening Tuesday...or?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does the 28th (Sunday) not work for anyone?

Still @ 930 est. If its better, let's do that instead of Tuesday, if not Tuesday seems the only real alternative.

So far the participants are:
Me
Tbone
Jawknee
PK
vicas
Commatoes
Maybe twin cinema?
Maybe tech?
My brother is interested though he doesn't have an SA account

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Right now the only days I have off are Sundays and Mondays and because of evening shifts/PST I can't do other nights. If we can't move it to those nights I was thinking I could send Jordan my draft order and he'd go by that and draft for me. Dunno if Sunday/Mondays works for Jordan/the rest of you or the draft list or neither. I'd like to join in again because it was fun last year. Sorry to be a pain but new job and all. :(

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I usually am busy Sunday nights, but if it works for everyone else I can accommodate it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jordan7hm posted:

Does the 28th (Sunday) not work for anyone?

Still @ 930 est. If its better, let's do that instead of Tuesday, if not Tuesday seems the only real alternative.

So far the participants are:
Me
Tbone
Jawknee
PK
vicas
Commatoes
Maybe twin cinema?
Maybe tech?
My brother is interested though he doesn't have an SA account

ginette is in too

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Sunday works for me.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
OK let's do 28th and 29th then. 9:30 est both nights.

Also I missed magiccube from the participants list. So that should bring us to 8-10 people even if some no show.

I'll change the OP and post it again as a reminder in the other thread.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

OK let's do 28th and 29th then. 9:30 est both nights.

Also I missed magiccube from the participants list. So that should bring us to 8-10 people even if some no show.

I'll change the OP and post it again as a reminder in the other thread.

Awesome that should work. I'll know soon if I have that Monday off, but I'm for sure off Sunday. At least that way I'll get the big guys out of the way before we start tearing apart the 30-40 point guys in the second draft.

edit: so looks like 10 SA participants and maybe Jordan's brother for 11 this year so far? Gonna have to dig deeper into the rosters this year. Come on down Leo Komarov!

Technetium fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Sep 22, 2014

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Lol of course I work Monday but I'm still good this Sunday. If we don't want to switch dates again because of me, and I'm cool with that, I can give a draft list to Jordan like I thought about doing before. It'll be easier to narrow down draft picks/order if we can manage to get through about half the draft on the first day. If that's cool with Jordan/others I'm game.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
You gonna get the payment link up before the draft?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh, yeah. Payment is 20$. Same as before, PayPal is the best way, my email is xxxdalyfrey@gmail.com; replace xxx with Jordan.

And yeah I'll get a list from you for day 2 tech, I'd like to leave the dates as is at this point.

I'll post the IRC and google doc info shortly.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

Oh, yeah. Payment is 20$. Same as before, PayPal is the best way, my email is xxxdalyfrey@gmail.com; replace xxx with Jordan.

And yeah I'll get a list from you for day 2 tech, I'd like to leave the dates as is at this point.

I'll post the IRC and google doc info shortly.

Cool thanks, it's one of those things where after those two days it's done. Should I pm it to you or email it to that address? Either way I'll get it to you that morning.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

Cool thanks, it's one of those things where after those two days it's done. Should I pm it to you or email it to that address? Either way I'll get it to you that morning.

either way works

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Good news everyone! I managed to get Monday off too so no morenot as much bullshit from me. Buckle up for a first place finish from me boyos, no more Pierre-Marc Bouchard or that other guy I drafted. It's all Jordan Staal from here on out.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
We're on for tomorrow night still at 9:30 EST. I'll set the IRC up @ around 9pm. We'll do this on SynIRC #SASdraft. Use something like Mibbit.com if you're like me and don't use IRC enough anymore to bother keeping a client installed on every computer.

The google doc is going to be here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NWRyXmwt-0NXLdkcxY5MpE4Mvl-9rj8TcJzMOyb5Ck/edit?usp=sharing

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I'm trying to paypal the money, but I can't log in from any computer or browser for some reason.

I'll be there tomorrow with no real plan of action. It should be good.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot to mention, but JawKnee reminded me... We're doing this in CAD not USD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Bad news everyone turns out I dont have monday off. Draft list it is. in other news :bang:

• Locked thread