Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
4 points back, too early to worry at all.

loving Stephen Weiss though. Gonna be worse than Clarkson was for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm probably gonna lose just because I picked a player for Edmonton that isn't even on the team. That's going to really hurt me. Even if I'd picked a lovely Oiler that's like 20-30 points I won't have at the end of the year. Probably costed me a chance to win it again.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm probably gonna lose just because I picked a player for Edmonton that isn't even on the team. That's going to really hurt me. Even if I'd picked a lovely Oiler that's like 20-30 points I won't have at the end of the year. Probably costed me a chance to win it again.

Yep.

Top 3 pay out at least.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Welp, I got a potentially career ending injury to one of my players today. Fun stuff.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

CommaToes posted:

Welp, I got a potentially career ending injury to one of my players today. Fun stuff.

was maroon really hurt that bad? i havent seen the injury

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Skyrocketing straight to the top on the back of Victor Hedman

Ginette I'm comin' for ya

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
3-8 is ridiculously tight

T-Bone is... sorry :(

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm keeping up but Weiss was such a bad pick. Ugh.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Can't be too mad about my late picks though I was hoping Hodgson/Hossa/Couturier would be doing better.

also injured Dubinsky :argh:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Lol Jordan in second place by the grace of one Tyler Bozak as his leading scorer.

Meanwhile Tyler Seguin and Ryan Johansen are starting to Tear poo poo Up so here we go

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

Lol Jordan in second place by the grace of one Tyler Bozak as his leading scorer.

Meanwhile Tyler Seguin and Ryan Johansen are starting to Tear poo poo Up so here we go

Tyler Bozak is a fine player (albeit not a real first line guy) who gets way too much poo poo because of the team he is on and the role he is forced into. It aint gonna keep up. But Eberle and Koivu aren't going to finish the season with 0 points so whatever.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
My leading scorer is Victor Hedman. Sometimes things work in mysterious ways

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Rick Nash gently caress yeah

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm keeping up but Weiss was such a bad pick. Ugh.

I had the misfortune of having Weiss last year. Between him and Drouin, I think I lost the pool because of those two picks. If not, they at least pushed me out of the third spot.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I felt bad and didn't want to take my own money back again this year just giving goons a chance

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

I felt bad and didn't want to take my own money back again this year just giving goons a chance

Apparently my brother thought the same way, minus being paid out last year.

Its still early. I believe I had a solidish lead last December. And then Tavares went down and the rest all went to poo poo too.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

Tyler Bozak is a fine player (albeit not a real first line guy) who gets way too much poo poo because of the team he is on and the role he is forced into. It aint gonna keep up. But Eberle and Koivu aren't going to finish the season with 0 points so whatever.

He's actually not very good at all and without two legit first liners to carry him might not make the second line and as a Leafs fan hope he gets no more points so he goes away.

On the other hand Mikkel Boedker owns bones, thanks Oilers.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Technetium posted:

He's actually not very good at all and without two legit first liners to carry him might not make the second line and as a Leafs fan hope he gets no more points so he goes away.

On the other hand Mikkel Boedker owns bones, thanks Oilers.

He's not going anywhere, friend.

The points, they are a-coming.

How bout that Riley Nash first line center pick? :lol:

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Jordan7hm posted:

He's not going anywhere, friend.

The points, they are a-coming.

How bout that Riley Nash first line center pick? :lol:

Only three points behind you now, not even Riley Nash can save you

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
If none of my players scored a single point for the rest of the season right now i could live with that

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I guess the Kings/Blues game from last night ended with the best possible result for me.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

haha there goes another 2 of my players to the IR

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Ginette Reno posted:

I missed this earlier but I had three or four players that registered 0 or might as well have been 0 points and came in second in the end. Also I was first for a while going into the final days if I recall correctly.

In other news the race for last person on my team to register a point is down to Evander Kane, who I hope is back soon, Milan "Why did I pick Milan Michalek" Michalek and David "Mimico" Bolland, who is day to day as of friday.

T-bone meanwhile has 10 players yet to register points but at least one of them is Drouin who just got recalled and will own, and I think Jeff Skinner will be back soon.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Technetium posted:

I missed this earlier but I had three or four players that registered 0 or might as well have been 0 points and came in second in the end. Also I was first for a while going into the final days if I recall correctly.

In other news the race for last person on my team to register a point is down to Evander Kane, who I hope is back soon, Milan "Why did I pick Milan Michalek" Michalek and David "Mimico" Bolland, who is day to day as of friday.

T-bone meanwhile has 10 players yet to register points but at least one of them is Drouin who just got recalled and will own, and I think Jeff Skinner will be back soon.

Trouba, B. Richards, Etem, Bennett (IR), Zibanejad, and Barkov.

A few of these guys were guys I expected to have at least 1 or 2 points by now. Although, Florida has only scored 5 goals in 5 games, so I can't really think Barkov was that bad of a pick. Enstrom has 3 points to Trouba's 0, and Jordan was right in telling me I should have went with Enstrom.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Koivu + Weiss haven't scored yet. Meh.

Hornqvist was such a great Pittsburgh pickup. I feel like I got him fairly late (but I could be wrong).

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Oshie, McDonagh, and Fisher haven't scored for me, so it's kind of an easy guess for me

e: lmao Oshie is the only non-Fisher left

Vicas fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 22, 2014

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Hey

Hey guys

Guys look

i'm in first...

.........seeeeeegggguuuuiiiiiinnnn...........

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I had a bad night last night for points.

There are so many slackers on my team I'm just not going to mention them.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
So far I think my best pull this season has been Mason "Huge Value" Raymond

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Milan Michalek is prolonging my stay in first with his first two points of the year leaving two injured guys in Evander Kane and David Stanley Cup Bolland as the final two people not to get points. Much better than last year because both of those guys should be back in reasonable time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I made some good picks: Tavares, Zetterberg, Plekanec (a late pick), Tyler Johnson, and Vrbata all have 8 or more points.

However, I have 16 players in between 2 and 5 points. The most disappointing? MacKinnon or E. Staal. They were my second and third round picks and have 6 points between them. Mind you, both teams have had difficulty scoring.

Also, in looking up my picks, I just realized Ryan Strome was taken in the 4th round. Jeez, that's aggressive.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Twin Cinema posted:

I made some good picks: Tavares, Zetterberg, Plekanec (a late pick), Tyler Johnson, and Vrbata all have 8 or more points.

However, I have 16 players in between 2 and 5 points. The most disappointing? MacKinnon or E. Staal. They were my second and third round picks and have 6 points between them. Mind you, both teams have had difficulty scoring.

Also, in looking up my picks, I just realized Ryan Strome was taken in the 4th round. Jeez, that's aggressive.

Eric Staal is also hurt

edit: also are you just remembering when you took people or is there a way to see when i took whoever

Technetium fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 26, 2014

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Technetium posted:

Eric Staal is also hurt

edit: also are you just remembering when you took people or is there a way to see when i took whoever

Whoops! I thought he came back last week, for some reason. Okay, I will just focus on MacKinnon, then.

And, I looked at the spreadsheet posted on page 2 somewhere.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

5 guys with ten or more points

:tipshat:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
2, and somehow I'm still in 4th

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
MAF is tied for 4th in points on my team

just sayyyyyyin

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Sorry for the delay Jordan, I was out of the country for a couple weeks and I just sent the $20 over to you.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
I think I'm only being buoyed by a few good picks. Most of my team is absolute poo poo.

The Kunitz synergy is working out for me.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I'm dropping like a stone here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

My bottom 5 are a joke (Yakimov sent down, injuries to Jordan Staal, and Dubinsky), Olli loving Jokinen can't get a goddamn point, and Howard and Grabovski are both out.

Also I should not have picked Chris Brown, and probably some of the other young chancy guys.

• Locked thread