Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

butplug accident posted:

wgat do you think about catholics op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

op do you agree with that David Cross quote about southern baptists

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

If this is what catholics are doing these days I should go back to church more often.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Y-Hat posted:

david cross is an unfunny whiney little human being yankee. ill pray for him.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Never seen the David Cross thing on Cathlicism but if you link it I might pay close attention.

I hold little regard for people who call themselves "Cathlics" but I have true respect for robot-alligator fighting Cathlics as portrayed in this imagry so they are cool by me.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mycroft Holmes posted:

I still can't tell if you seriously believe this or are a tobleronetriangular level troll. Either way, I enjoy being called satans tool. It makes me feel useful.

It's what the nation of Islam teaches so its possible he does. There are people who do in any event

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Kyrie eleison posted:

i go to a baptist church sometimes when i visit my folks. i have to say i much prefer mass. the theology is really strained in protestant churches. it's like the preacher comes up with some half-baked idea and i just want to correct him. this preacher even said that god forsake jesus on the cross, when actually jesus was citing psalm 22. it pains me to see a congregation getting misinformation like that.

For all of my misgivings about Catholicism I do appreciate the fact that they emphasize theological teaching and having an internally consistent belief system. Many protestant churches really don't give a flying gently caress and don't care if their theological framework doesn't make any loving sense at all.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What do you think about Catholics who believe in god and Jesus and the like but don't give a gently caress about the Pope and hierarchy and the like, i.e. most (white) American Catholics.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Do you really think the being that engineered the universe gives a poo poo about one species on one planet?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

McDowell posted:

Do you really think the being that engineered the universe gives a poo poo about one species on one planet?

Stop asking intelligent questions, it ruins the whole thing

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

gnarlyhotep posted:

Stop asking intelligent questions, it ruins the whole thing

lol

"intelligent"

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Well, any questions really

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet
@ OP why're you a southern baptist

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

david cross is an unfunny whiney little human being yankee. ill pray for him.

he's from roswell, ga :ssh:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

comes along bort posted:

he's from roswell, ga :ssh:

yep.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Kyrie eleison posted:

i go to a baptist church sometimes when i visit my folks. i have to say i much prefer mass. the theology is really strained in protestant churches. it's like the preacher comes up with some half-baked idea and i just want to correct him. this preacher even said that god forsake jesus on the cross, when actually jesus was citing psalm 22. it pains me to see a congregation getting misinformation like that.

different stokes for different folks i guess

Jesus Christ posted:

Calling you out dude.

Never heard you pray once except the occasional family dinner.

Unfortunately praying doesn't work quite the same way as it used to in the old times where you could just peacefully pray in private. Now you have to make a youtube video.

Seeing as you are a Southern Baptist (btw, none of you get into Heaven, so you might as well just give up here), I'm going to toxx YOU into posting a video of you praying to me and it must include speaking in tongues, fried chicken, and elderly man who seems nice but is obviously a very creepy person, and a daddy-daughter purity "engagement" along with one other interesting, inventive idea that you can come up with (can be anything!).

If you complete this within 7 days, you will be granted access to heaven (which like I said, 99.9% of you don't). If you fail...

Shut the gently caress up

Yvershek posted:

Do you believe it's a wife's duty to serve her husband?
lol no go back to 1800 if you think that way

Who What Now posted:

What's it like being the religious equivalent of being an inbred hick? Also, what's it like being an actual IRL inbred hick?
*shrug*

RevSyd posted:

pretty sure the op's family is Baptist, so are most or all of their friends and acquaintances and most of their community. To quit being Baptist would feel like all of these people are wrong and stupid & the op's whole life inside and out has been a lie. Also their family and community would reject and ostracise them.

So unless the OP moves to NYC and becomes a sadbrain all bitter about their family and upbringing, there's no way the op is going to change. Most poeople don't/wouldn't. I mean, why would you WANT to?

Smarmy insult posts just make the OP feel attacked by dumb athiests so when Glen Beck says "Christians are persecuted minority its culture war" the op can think about this thread and go "Yeah I sure know how that feels" so good job goons

My grandma was a Calvinist and she said that nunneries have secret tunnels underneath so priests can sneak in when they want some action. (I do not actually believe that)
Nice game theory but you're way off

PureEvil6_13 posted:

I worked with a Southern Baptist guy once, loving weirdest dude I ever knew. He always wore t-shirst with graphic depictions of Jesus getting crucified with things like "What have YOU done for HIM lately". He got mad when we cussed or talked about drinking and loving girls.

At one point he got a girlfriend and I would grill him about what he did with her at nights and he'd turn bright red trying to contain his rage. He said they could hold hands and maybe kiss one day but they were 'focusing on Jesus right now'. Everything was Jesus. Everything. Jesus.
People like these are hilarious lol

reignonyourparade posted:

how many of your relatives have spoken in tongues

Shinjobi posted:

Why is your religion for babies?
It's not for babies

butplug accident posted:

wgat do you think about catholics op
They're cool peeps the new pope is tite they get an unfair rep because some of the leaders are dumb.

Y-Hat posted:

idk what did he say

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I'll be praying for you OP. :angel:

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
op should get baptised mor e becsuse they smell real bad and need a bath lmfao

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Why don't you convert to Judaism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Jesus was a jew, he's also dead. Follow his lead.

• Locked thread