Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I turned this off but they really refused to overturn a call because the game was basically over?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Having a bad kicker feels like you're Wile E. Coyote with an anvil attached to a fraying rope hanging over your head. The day and the hour is unknown, but you just know it's going to gently caress you up.

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

rebel1608 posted:

I turned this off but they really refused to overturn a call because the game was basically over?

Yup. Would have been nice for them to at least pretend that wasn't the reason but that's apparently what they told the announcers.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

rebel1608 posted:

With over 15 minutes left.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Baylor's nonconference schedule is probably weak because they understandably didn't anticipate being a top ten team in national championship contention when they scheduled it 5 years ago.

There's no such excuse for the Aggies' schedule but who cares, SEC bitch.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
That Buffalo catch :stare:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I would have laughed so hard if that catch got reviewed.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Not crazy about 21 points to UB, even if those last 7 came on the backups.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

TBC posted:

Yup. Would have been nice for them to at least pretend that wasn't the reason but that's apparently what they told the announcers.

Thoguh posted:

With over 15 minutes left.

I couldn't believe it was a real thing but some googling suggests it is actually in the rules that a direct, competitive effect on the game is a requirement for initiating a review

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

rebel1608 posted:

I couldn't believe it was a real thing but some googling suggests it is actually in the rules that a direct, competitive effect on the game is a requirement for initiating a review

Totally fine with that.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not crazy about 21 points to UB, even if those last 7 came on the backups.

Don't worry nobody is taking this game seriously whether you win by 1 or 100.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

rebel1608 posted:

Frackie Robinson posted:

Totally fine with that.

It was 42-14 (I think) at the time. A 28-point comeback in the 4th quarter would be really unlikely, but it's happened before. Even if we all know that Baylor wouldn't have allowed that to happen, I don't think the replay official is correct to write the game off. Otherwise it comes down to saying that I, in my capacity as the replay official, believe that Baylor will win, so I won't review calls that go their way.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Zoran posted:

It was 42-14 (I think) at the time. A 28-point comeback in the 4th quarter would be really unlikely, but it's happened before. Even if we all know that Baylor wouldn't have allowed that to happen, I don't think the replay official is correct to write the game off. Otherwise it comes down to saying that I, in my capacity as the replay official, believe that Baylor will win, so I won't review calls that go their way.

It was actually 56-14, but they should have reviewed it on principle.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

rebel1608 posted:

That makes sense but I can't imagine this scenario is where that was intended to apply. I'm thinking that's more for stuff like spotting the ball after a last-minute turnover on downs when the winning team is just going to kneel on it anyway.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

There was already a timeout taken so it wouldn't have taken much extra time to review it. It was an easy call, too.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Frackie Robinson posted:

Baylor's nonconference schedule is probably weak because they understandably didn't anticipate being a top ten team in national championship contention when they scheduled it 5 years ago.

There's no such excuse for the Aggies' schedule but who cares, SEC bitch.

Yeah the hate for Baylor's schedule is too early - in like 3-5 years when we're playing that weird Incarnate word school then people can make fun of them since they scheduled it while consistently being ranked. But people are also underestimating the Big 12 schedule overall and we'll see after this weekend when the Big 12 runs the table on their non conference games and Texas upsets UCLA anne frank fanfic rules! Baylor, bitch.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

wa27 posted:

There was already a timeout taken so it wouldn't have taken much extra time to review it. It was an easy call, too.

Yeah, it was really weird and UB should be pretty mad since Seth Russell ran for a TD on the very next play.

...Pays to be Baylor? :tinfoil:

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, it was really weird and UB should be pretty mad since Seth Russell ran for a TD on the very next play.

...Pays to be Baylor? :tinfoil:

Ugh, all those pro-Baylor calls, like the time we lost in the elite eight due to the refs instead of winning the championship.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
On the bright side... on behalf of Texas, welcome to the 'refs in your pocket' club

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

go3 posted:

On the bright side... on behalf of Texas, welcome to the 'refs in your pocket' club

Your approval fills me with shame

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

go3 posted:

Iowa State peers in through the window, longingly…

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Zoran posted:

Iowa State peers in through the window, longingly…

They can huddle for warmth with Cincinnati

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
affs upset picks of the week go to texas over ucla and army over stanford

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Frackie Robinson posted:

Having a bad kicker feels like you're Wile E. Coyote with an anvil attached to a fraying rope hanging over your head. The day and the hour is unknown, but you just know it's going to gently caress you up.

Reference Oregon years 2011 and 2012 for how this ends.

Balzac Jones
Dec 26, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

Reference Oregon years 2011 and 2012 for how this ends.

My Duckly dreams of a champioship were roundly Maldonado'd.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Why is College Gameday in North Dakota this week?

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I am goddamn ready for OU/Tennessee

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Time to drive to Mobile for what will be a bizarro Mississippi State game.

For once, we aren't the two digit underdog whose campus is abuzz because we are having a good season so far and now we have to prove we are actually good by knocking out the heavily favored regional power that thinks they're gonna march in and easily wreck us.

Thankfully for today at least, they always do just that.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Josh Lyman posted:

Why is College Gameday in North Dakota this week?

Georgia/South Carolina is the only matchup between ranked FBS teams this week and I guess they're already thinking they'll be covering Georgia in the Georgia/Auburn game this year so that makes NDSU vs a school that went 6-5 last year and is 0-2 so far this year a much more compelling matchup, I guess?

E: last year's Gameday in North Dakota had that memorable moment where they brought out the baby bison.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

First time watching College GameDay this year. Murrica :911:

Requisite Sam Ponder shout-out, but where is the Wazzu flag?

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 13, 2014

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Lee Corso gonna get red paint splashed on him.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

that was a pretty inopportune time for cheering

ACoolT5
Sep 23, 2003

All Hail Saban
Of the blood, and of the Tide
LOL at Desmond making GBS threads all over Everett Golson

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Hawkeye. God bless.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Who the hell are the Pitt State Gorillas?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Scarf posted:

"The Pittsburg State Gorillas are the sports teams of Pittsburg State University located in Pittsburg, Kansas."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Scarf posted:

They're the winningest team in Division II.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
also here's today's slate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Hungover and ready for football. Please UGA, take pity on my liver and tomorrow's brain.

• Locked thread