Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Benedick Cuckold posted:

why didn't hermione want to say voldemort's name? she was raised as a muggle. why would she so quickly internalize an ingrained taboo from wizard culture

Hermione was a weaboo convert obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

TheRatboyGenius posted:

Why would you wanna escape from your life? I bet it's awesome as gently caress! Better than mine too, considering you have a job. You know what I hate about escaping from life? It's never fails to catch you again.

You real pissed about your life. PM me. We'll talk

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

naem posted:

Hermione was a weaboo convert obviously

ive been sitting at my chalkboard for a solid 15 minutes trying to think of a magical version of "wigger" but they all basically end up being a misspelled version of "wizard"

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
I am a Transwizard

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Business Gorillas posted:

ive been sitting at my chalkboard for a solid 15 minutes trying to think of a magical version of "wigger"

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

You real pissed about your life. PM me. We'll talk

I'm pretty contempt with it, over the years I've learned to make the best out of the worst. Also I can't afford PM's.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

steven king always had one

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
how long till we get a harry potter animal house movie?

naem
May 29, 2011

There is no college in the Harry potter universe, everyone goes to high school and then half of them work at that same high school, and half start up weird little shops on invisible streets you can only get to by exploding, out of a fireplace

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

There is no college in the Harry potter universe, everyone goes to high school and then half of them work at that same high school, and half start up weird little shops on invisible streets you can only get to by exploding, out of a fireplace

so you are saying that jk rowlings can do a second series where they go to secondary school. <y original question stands.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i saw the movies but kept falling asleep during them = i saw the movies but i really want all of you to know that i agree that they're retarded movies for fags that adults shouldn't be watching oh god oh god please don't make fun of me

i mean seriously dude if you're actually falling asleep during a movie you probably have narcolepsy or something

My girlfriend was watching it and the chair was comfortable ok.

One time I fell asleep at the movies watchin Titan AE but that was an ok movie, what I remember anyway. Sometimes you just fall asleep, man. I also had friends that worked at the theatre who would come by at like midnight and ask if i wanted to go see a movie for free that was pretty cool.

naem
May 29, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

so you are saying that jk rowlings can do a second series where they go to secondary school. <y original question stands.

It is clear from the books that immediately upon graduating, all wizards marry (someone from high school) and have exactly two children, and then become non-player characters in the game of life, waiting in their weird little shop for students to come in entirely so that they can talk about their high school crushes and provide clues to the whereabouts of various deadly artifacts.

Occasionally creepy 40 something bachelor uncles show up to provide extra clues and they aren't married yet until the next book where they marry school teachers, who are of course half of the adult population.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Never wondered this never will.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

naem posted:

It is clear from the books that immediately upon graduating, all wizards marry (someone from high school) and have exactly two children, and then become non-player characters in the game of life, waiting in their weird little shop for students to come in entirely so that they can talk about their high school crushes and provide clues to the whereabouts of various deadly artifacts.

Occasionally creepy 40 something bachelor uncles show up to provide extra clues and they aren't married yet until the next book where they marry school teachers, who are of course half of the adult population.

i read half the first book and got bored, so i figured there was more to the wizard economy.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

no but I wondered what one of those living photograph things of goatse would be like

:eyepop:

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Why did they live under the totalitarian yoke of the Ministry when all the evil wizards nonstop managed to not be seen by them

All the Ministry was = a brutal all-seeing regime to oppress the innocent

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Dely Apple posted:

Why did they live under the totalitarian yoke of the Ministry when all the evil wizards nonstop managed to not be seen by them

All the Ministry was = a brutal all-seeing regime to oppress the innocent

you mean the ministry was just the uk government?

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
Why are the Weasleys so loving poor in a magical world where you can conjure up anything. Hell, just apparate into H&M in the middle of the night and steal some poo poo if your clothes are so ratty.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

Dely Apple posted:

As unrealistic as basically everything is in the Harry Potter universe, a lovely hosed up bureaucratic government is one thing that felt right.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

naem posted:

It is clear from the books that immediately upon graduating, all wizards marry (someone from high school) and have exactly two children, and then become non-player characters in the game of life

It's basically Japan. Japan is obsessed with high school.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Costello Jello posted:

Why are the Weasleys so loving poor in a magical world where you can conjure up anything. Hell, just apparate into H&M in the middle of the night and steal some poo poo if your clothes are so ratty.

they were britains idealized vision of the irish. the weasley's were just meant to be irish stereo types.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

THE PENETRATOR posted:

sorted into th same house so like its all , ok , gently caress , wht do we do??

I thought the book establishes early on that the whole thing is just a bit of ceremony and that the Sorting Hat rigs the whole deal. Like he was going to put Harry in Slytherin but Harry's like nooooo so the hat is like whatever then Gryffindor. The hat just sorts everyone out evenly under the pretense of looking into their soul. I mean all the stupid kids ostensibly get sorted into Hufflepuff but there's plenty of Hufflepuffs in Gryffindor if you know what I mean.

Business Gorillas posted:

ive been sitting at my chalkboard for a solid 15 minutes trying to think of a magical version of "wigger" but they all basically end up being a misspelled version of "wizard"

Wizboo? Whacker?

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

you just know some wizard has used the sorting hat as a jizz receptacle at some point

e: i mean why else would it look so grumpy

Jizzing into a hat that sings does not seem like the wisest of plans.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

poking holes into harry potter books is basically the graduation ceremony for readin school

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
here's a plothole: why hasn't hermione responded to any of my fanmail?

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 716 days!)

Light Gun Man posted:

i never read these books and saw like amybe the first two movies? but i kept falling asleep during them.

anyway what i want to know is why the gently caress hasn't anyone made comedy movie yet about wizard college? frat wizard dudes using magic to pound beers and do pranks and poo poo.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Magicians-Novel-Trilogy/dp/0452296293

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
i think they would tell that stupid hat to quit loving around

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Light Gun Man posted:

i never read these books and saw like amybe the first two movies? but i kept falling asleep during them.

the first two movies are pretty boring

they're just a really flat adaptation without any flair

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
Wizard a harry are you - yoday the headmaster

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
i only seen the first movie and i think i read the book when i was a child but i still think hufflepuff probably has the most stoners

if they smoke wizard weed or whatever

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
huffle puff definitely hang out with gandalf and snoop dogg

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Benedick Cuckold posted:

why didn't hermione want to say voldemort's name? she was raised as a muggle. why would she so quickly internalize an ingrained taboo from wizard culture

Wizaboo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

THE PENETRATOR posted:

harry pooter was way better than eragon

why didnt they make a sequel for the movie and call it Fragon

pfs Write
Jun 29, 2014

get/save/remove

Light Gun Man posted:

One time I fell asleep at the movies watchin Titan AE but that was an ok movie,

my gramma fell asleep during Titan ae too

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
I'm pretty sure some goon wrote fanfiction about the sorting hat giving out blowjobs or something like that

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I have a feeling I would end up as a hufflepuff.

I really would prefer to be a slytherin though.

Oh well. :(

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

woa

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Civil posted:

I'm pretty sure some goon wrote fanfiction about the sorting hat giving out blowjobs or something like that

Suddenly I am pretty sure about this too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
What would happen if there was a school shooting at Hogwarts

• Locked thread