Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

We're all made from the same poo poo as any other poo poo. Everything you do means nothing to the universe. You and I are as pointless as inert matter. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
I think life is cool, and fun.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
My god is Bono and new consumer products released by Apple.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

No. 6 posted:

We're all made from the same poo poo as any other poo poo. Everything you do means nothing to the universe. You and I are as pointless as inert matter. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

LOL

Or just kill yourself if it's all so meaningless.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Right conclusion but wrong way of looking at it.

Consciousness is a way for the universe to know itself. An incredible gift, incredibly meaningful, not at all pointless.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Doesn't that mean we're free to create our own meaning and forge a new path, transforming ourselves into the Nietzschean Ubermensch?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

LOL

Here's the problem, most people wallow in that poo poo thinking. It's what you make of it to yourself and others. We've hosed up the Earth, like with global warming, affected animal life, developing concepts like money and things...I'm sure' we'll scar the universe in time if we get our poo poo together and focus on it. If we don't, which might happen because those with influence and power would rather wallow like pigs in their own accumulation of power and wealth "filth" while doing little to contribute (outside of guys like Bill Gates or even Branson trying to get space tourism) then eh, yah.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Wicker Man posted:

Or just kill yourself if it's all so meaningless.

Maybe I will and maybe I won't but it's never truly my choice. My decisions are preordained in the same way that a rock striking another will cause a dance of physics. My consciousness and existence means nothing more than a rock tumbling through the infinite void.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

No. 6 posted:

Maybe I will and maybe I won't but it's never truly my choice. My decisions are preordained in the same way that a rock striking another will cause a dance of physics. My consciousness and existence means nothing more than a rock tumbling through the infinite void.

*FART*

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

imgay

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

Applewhite posted:

Doesn't that mean we're free to create our own meaning and forge a new path, transforming ourselves into the Nietzschean Ubermensch?

Yeah, it would, except god is real, retard/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
you know what I believe it? Hefty, Glorious Boobs.

it gives my life meaning.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

You know what I haven't seen lately? Someone holding up a sign that says "The end is nigh." People still do that? Someone should. I miss it. :witch:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

No. 6 posted:

um excuse me sire but have you ever heard of a little thing called quantum uncertainty? :smug:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

No. 6 posted:

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

There it is. That is the meaning of life.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

VendaGoat posted:

Hefty, Glorious Boobs.

Wait, I'm changing my answer to this

\/\/\/\/good, more boobs for me and vendagoat

dee eight fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 12, 2014

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im gay

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VendaGoat posted:

you know what I believe it? Hefty, Glorious Boobs.

it gives my life meaning.

Everything I said in every other thread has been rendered meaningless with this most illuminating wisdom. I can give this my support .

Gays can have all their balls bounce off each others chins for all I care. Mazel Tov.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Everything I said in every other thread has been rendered meaningless with this most illuminating wisdom. I can give this my support .

Gays can have all their balls bounce off each others chins for all I care. Mazel Tov.

It's not gay unless the mazels tov.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

No. 6 posted:

LOL

Even this thread is made of poo poo

So i guess i have to agree

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Quickscope420dad posted:

Even this thread is made of poo poo

So i guess i have to agree

tru dat

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

No. 6 posted:

tru dat

it's kind of annoying that nihilism is now apparently so popular that the not-hipster GBS forum hates it even though most of them probably don't even know what nihilism is

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
"I love conservatives" yeah no

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Quickscope420dad posted:

it's kind of annoying that nihilism is now apparently so popular that the not-hipster GBS forum hates it even though most of them probably don't even know what nihilism is

They aren't nihilist. They are just stupid.

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

See?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

the greatest irony is contained in the phrase "using racial slurs liberally"

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Just masturbate.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

No. 6 posted:

My consciousness and existence means nothing more than a rock tumbling through the infinite void.

The rest of us don't have that problem.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

They aren't nihilist. They are just stupid.

See?

we need to talk about The Elder Scrolls
real talk

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

life is what you make it... lets make it great!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

lonesomedwarf posted:

life is what you make it... lets make it great!

I'll follow you anywhere, bee!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

we need to talk about The Elder Scrolls
real talk

what? the game? Ok. Let's talk.

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

what? the game? Ok. Let's talk.

n'wah

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

has anyone seen calvary. thats a good movie about god or w/e

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

has anyone seen calvary. thats a good movie about god or w/e

watched like 10 minutes of it and boredquit

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
There is no reason to care about whether or not life has 'meaning'.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

archerb posted:

There is no reason to care about whether or not life has 'meaning'.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Here it is; literally, the meaning of life:

life
lʌɪf/Submit
noun
noun: life; plural noun: lives; noun: one's life; plural noun: one's lifes
the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
"the origins of life"
synonyms: existence, being, living, animation, aliveness, animateness; More
antonyms: death, non-existence
living things and their activity.
"lower forms of life"
synonyms: living things, living beings, living creatures, the living; More
the existence of an individual human being or animal.
"a disaster that claimed the lives of 266 people"
synonyms: person, human being, individual, mortal, soul, creature
"more than 1,500 lives were lost in the accident"
a particular type or aspect of human existence.
"his father decided to start a new life in California"
synonyms: way of life, way of living, manner of living, lifestyle, situation, position, state, station, condition, set of circumstances, fate, lot; More
a biography.
"a life of Shelley"
synonyms: biography, autobiography, life story, life history, memoir, history, profile; More
(in Christianity and some other religious traditions) either of the two states of a person's existence separated by death.
"he departed this life on 28 March 1912"
(in Hinduism and some other religious traditions) any of a number of successive existences in which a soul is held to be reincarnated.
"a spiritual pilgrimage into her past lives"
a chance to live after narrowly escaping death (with reference to the nine lives traditionally attributed to cats).
"we were called to the hospital, but the old rogue had nine lives and seemed to be negotiating for another two"
(in various games) one of a specified number of chances each player has before being put out.
the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
"she has lived all her life in the country"
synonyms: lifetime, life span, days, duration of life, allotted span, course of life, time on earth, existence, one's time, one's career, threescore years and ten, this mortal coil; informalone's born days
"I hadn't talked to my father for the last nine months of his life"
the period during which something inanimate or abstract continues to exist, function, or be valid.
"underlay helps to prolong the life of a carpet"
synonyms: duration, active life, lifetime, existence, functioning period, period of effectiveness, period of usefulness, validity, efficacy
"the Parliament Bill introduced a limit of five years for the life of any Parliament"
informal
a sentence of imprisonment for life.
vitality, vigour, or energy.
"she was beautiful and full of life"
synonyms: vivacity, animation, liveliness, vitality, verve, high spirits, sparkle, exuberance, zest, buoyancy, effervescence, enthusiasm, energy, vigour, dynamism, go, elan, gusto, brio, bounce, spirit, spiritedness, activity, fire, panache, colour, dash, drive, push; More
(in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.
"the pose and clothing were sketched from life"

PixieDreamGirl
Apr 29, 2014

2014; The year I whored myself out for title changes.

Yo, I don't care what y'all do,how y'all do or where y'all do it, just keep it gangsta and never pay for an av change, have someone else do it- Ya boy Pixie
I believe in Valeyard

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
There isn't a single cloud in the sky right now. so where is Jesus' house?

Checkmate religion idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I believe in Valeyard

Youre posting this dumbass poo poo in every thread. Youre not cool, you suck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valeyard

quote:

The Valeyard is a fictional character from the long-running British science fiction television series, Doctor Who. He is described by the Master as an amalgamation of the Doctor's darker sides from between his twelfth and final incarnations. In the serial The Trial of a Time Lord, comprising the whole of Season 23 of the series, the High Council of the Time Lords appoint the Valeyard as prosecutor at the Sixth Doctor's trial, hoping to have him executed and thereby remove the sole witness to their near-destruction of life on Earth.

• Locked thread