Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

boom boom boom posted:

why can it be caused by pills? Like, there's no pill that can make someone gay or straight, but there's a lot of pills that make people asexual as a side effect, and when they go off the pills they go back to normal.

I dunno, asexual doesn't really seem like a thing to me.

What are you talking about? What pills are you talking about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Sex drive is not the same thing as sexual identity. Also, why are you asking? It's like what, 1% of the population is asexual maybe? Did you take some pills and think you are asexual now? Are you currently trying to get someone who claims to be asexual to have sex with you?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Al Borland posted:

Tick Tacks.

That's weird because Tic Tacs make me so horny.

e: sorry, nvm I was thinking of MDMA not tic tacs

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

boom boom boom posted:

but an asexual persons sexual identity is not having a sex drive

Their sexual identity is that they are not sexually attracted to anyone which is still not the same as sex drive. Honestly, this is probably never going to affect your life in any way so you probably don't have to worry about it if that relieves any of your asexual anxiety.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

SunAndSpring posted:

is that a loving dog-shark

No, it's asexual, there is no loving going on.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Pillow Clerk posted:

Trixie Hardcore and boom3 the only seriousposters ITT.

Everyone itt is seriousposting actually.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Quickscope420dad posted:

if you don't know what ABDL is after being on SA for 5 years then you have lived an impossibly sheltered life

A Big Dick Lickin'?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Everyone itt is about to get ABDL

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

boom boom boom posted:

So an asexual person can have a sex drive? How does that work?

They are different things, you are confusing two different things as one thing.

No, I agree I do not want ABDL, it does not seem like a good thing to have.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I'm trysexual, I'll TRY anything! *dies from dad jokes*

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Maybe if you are seriously ill you shouldn't receive treatment at a hospital that allows ponies to work as nurses. loving Obamacare.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Can you imagine being very sick and afraid and in pain and crying because you are so overwhelmed by your fate and Dr. Twilight Sparkle is just staring at you crying? Like you just want comfort and meaning in the universe and loving Dr. Twilight Sparkle just blankly watches you cry while she pumps crystals that burn like acid into your veins?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Lunixnerd posted:

I'm a sexual.....

TYRANNOSAUR

So what you're saying is you don't give reacharounds.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Suicide Sam E. posted:

What if someone identifies as a sex driver?

Asking for a friend.

I can't make a judgment on this without video examples. Feel free to PM me your homegrown sex driving.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Are goons just mad about asexuals because it only lengthens the list of people who don't want to have sex with them?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

boom boom boom posted:

I don't understand the difference.

We already established this.

Action Yak Police posted:

I'm just straight? Nice. :toot:

Edit: This poo poo is so confusing. Everyone has a different definition.

Example:

replace "feelings" with "attraction" and it makes more sense. An asexual person (I believe) can have a drive to have sex but does not experience sexual attraction to people.

e: people use the same terms to mean different things which is why some asexuals use the word attraction differently, it's loving confusing I agree

Trixie Hardcore fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 12, 2014

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

boom boom boom posted:

I think I'm more confused than when I started this thread. So a person can be asexual if they want to gently caress, but only if the object of their desire to gently caress is nothing?

The way I have heard it described some people who consider themselves asexual will masturbate and have a sex drive it's just not for anyone. Like they aren't sexually attracted to people but they still need the physical release of masturbation. But some asexuals don't masturbate. Some asexuals will carry on a sexual relationship with a person they aren't sexually attracted to because they are emotionally attracted to a person who isn't asexual.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I think there's confusion about asexuality because some people (mostly teens on the internet) who are probably not asexual identify as asexual because it's the closest term to what they feel is their identity. So, yes, people misidentify themselves as asexual but who cares, you aren't going to have sex with them anyway.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Based on my substantial internet research, people in monasteries and convents love to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Effectronica posted:

when kinsey did his reports, he found enough men and women without sexual desires to classify them on his scale, as "X". this was well before the rise of psychiatric medication, so i think saying that there are some people without any sexual desires and calling them asexual, and perhaps throwing in people who'll have sex to please a partner but won't seek it out etc., is hardly unreasonable.

Nope, sorry, it's literally impossible that there are people out there that don't want to gently caress me, there is something wrong with anyone who thinks they don't want my sex and they are wrong for thinking it.

• Locked thread