Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
:frogsiren:NEW BOOKERS, READ THIS:frogsiren:

THREAD 1 - by Little Mac
THREAD 2 - by JoeRules

Welcome to Season 3 of our TEW2013 Let's Play - WCW vs. WWF. Little Mac brought us the idea - two teams of goons writing against each other in our own version of the Monday Night Wars. Our universe took over on May 1, 1996, with the notable signings of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall by WCW. Since then, we've seen some reality play out (HBK vs. Vader at SummerSlam 96, Steve Austin wins the 1997 Royal Rumble) and some decidedly-not-reality occur (Mike Awesome as Glacier, a wrestling/dancing bear, and 100% of what Marty Jannetty has done).

Sanguinia posted:

In this game we made Arn Anderson and Owen Hart world champions, pushed Goldust and William Regal as our top up-and-coming heels, made Brian Pillman and Eddy Guerrero rightful kings of the midcard, fought for Booker T, Raven, Mike Awesome (and by extension Glacier), Chris Jericho, Tazz, and Marty Jannety to be mainstays of our companies with the possibility of moving up the card when in real life they were all marginalized and/or buried around these years for the sake of a few golden geese, kept Ric Flair and Vader rightfully on top when in real life at this point they were being mega-buried for literally no reason, stopped Benoit from doing the flying headbutt and forced Scott Steiner to get clean, fired Jake Roberts and Jim Neidhart rather than forever enabling their habits and hopefully thereby forcing them to get clean, and done everything in our powers to make Keiji Mutou and Jushin Thunder Liger into stars of American Wrestling.

I'd say we've done a lot of good.

We now find ourselves nearly 1 year since the game began - it's the night after Wrestlemania 13, and the economy and wrestling business are gathering steam. Both companies have done well in growing at a reasonable rate over the last year, and have made superstars of their top guys - Ric Flair and Owen Hart - but can now expect to really see the American market to explode. Several new Pay-Per-View companies have become open to airing wrestling products, both in America and abroad. There's even new promotions with significant financial backing now functioning in Canada, the UK, and Australia.

If you've never read our LP before, or if you're out of the loop on what's going on, both teams have prepared a "Year in Review" post to recap what's been going on.

As a reminder, both sides are virtually ALWAYS looking for new folks to help out. Booking is handled through a Google doc, and chat via IRC. If you'd like to join, shoot me a PM, or if you don't have PM email goondaynightwars@gmail.com. I'll add you to the Google Doc access list, and send you the IRC channel details

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardcore Revolution

ECW's 1996-1997 has gone far differently from real life. Most of ECW's future big names, such as Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Taz and the Dudley Boys were all picked up by WWF and WCW within months of the game starting.

Roster: http://i.imgur.com/N9XYLnN.png

You'll notice a young Kurt Angle on the roster - with Raven plucked to WCW, there was never a crucifixion angle, and our Olympic Hero decided to join ECW. Shane Douglas has held their world title for over a year, Brian Lee is the reigning TV champion, and hilariously, the Tag Titles, held by The Blue Meanie and Don Harris prior to justice being served, were won by WCW and WWF castoffs "Hardwork" Bobby Walker and D-Lo Brown.

Financially, ECW is in a bad way. They lost their TV deal last year and only recently got it back. As a result, their popularity has tanked and are still only a big name in the tri state area. Rumors of their financial troubles are leaking and the undercard workers fear for their jobs. ECW needs a savior... Do YOU have what it takes?

That's right - as of this thread, ECW will be a playable third promotion. There are some restrictions, however, because I want to avoid slowing down the update schedule too much. The booking team must be small, no more than four people, and the write-ups simpler than those of the two main shows. Sign up by posting right here in the thread - the first four will get in. If there turns out to be a need for more bookers I'll open up more slots at a later time.

When ECW starts booking, a benefactor will give them some extra financial muscle, so the company doesn't crash and burn before the team can turn the misfortune around.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWF PPVs
IYH 15: DEADLY GAMES
IYH 16: PREPARE FOR TROUBLE AND MAKE IT DOUBLE
KING OF THE RING '97

WCW PPVs
SPRING STAMPEDE '97
SLAMBOREE
GREAT AMERICAN BASH '97

ECW PPVs
HARDCORE RISING
BARB WIRE CITY
INTERNATIONAL INCIDENT

Bookers

WCW:
CaptainYesterday
Sanguinia
Skunkrocker
Der­Wreck
Basic Chunnel
Paper Lion
Kurrant
Kouerson
DynamiteKidd
NutritiousSnack
KungFu Grip
RZApublican
Renaissance Spam
Evil Badman
Great White Hope
Your Personal Muse
Q7Kid
Golden Bee
AfterFather

WWF:
I Before E
Xerzes
Senerio
Kliff
Maxwell Lord
Do not even ask
JoeRules
Parasara
Frozen_flame
Defiance Industries
Antitonic
NowOnSA
Prozach
Junpei Hyde
GenericMartini
Happyman
Endorph

ECW:
IcePhoenix
Blooming Brilliant
Luigi Thirty
Abrasive Obelisk
triplexpac

Happyman fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm up for trying writing for ECW. A smaller brand would be right up my alley, I had fun the last couple times I played this. (If it's ok for a former WWF guy to try again, anyway)

Edit: I am available during the week 9-5, not really on here all that much on weekends. But yeah, I am in front of a computer all day at work so I'm always available then.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 12, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I was a former booker for WWF*, I will take up the challenge of restoring glory to ECW!

Legit I was going to start a ECW TEW 2013 thread in the near future with a buddy, me and him came up with what we thought was a pretty sweet idea for an angle.

*I never turned up to the meetings, I sat at home and collected paychecks :v:

EDIT: I live in Britland but that shouldn't pose a problem.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 12, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think a lesser workload and simpler writeups would be right up my alley, I'd like to join ECW as well.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

triplexpac, RKOOrton and IcePhoenix are in, but I'd also like someone who never played before to try it out.
If you've never booked for us before, you have priority for the remaining ECW slot.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 12, 2014

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am eager for the continued adventures of THE ULTIMATE LAWYER.

Also rooting for our lord and saviour Skunkrocker to complete the grand slam. He's already half way there!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Give me ECW. Olympic hero going to the moon y'all.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

A new season for TEW Raw vs Nitro. Truly this is the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Welcome to the new (old) players taking the reigns of ECW, and welcome back to our dear friend :russo: over at WWF! WCW just loves bein' in the wrasslin' business!

Our Year in Review post will be up as soon as I get home from work, and you can expect to see the first new episode of Monday Nitro soon after. And if you're even THINKING about reading our competitor's post, don't, because I've just been informed that tonight Mick Foley is going to win their world title. HEH, that'll put some butts in the seats!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm really curious about who won the polls and what the prizes were, but I don't know if JR passed that information to Happyman or not.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 12, 2014

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

A new season for TEW Raw vs Nitro. Truly this is the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Welcome to the new (old) players taking the reigns of ECW, and welcome back to our dear friend :russo: over at WWF! WCW just loves bein' in the wrasslin' business!

Our Year in Review post will be up as soon as I get home from work, and you can expect to see the first new episode of Monday Nitro soon after. And if you're even THINKING about reading our competitor's post, don't, because I've just been informed that tonight Mick Foley is going to win their world title. HEH, that'll put some butts in the seats!

Meanwhile in Philly, anyone want to buy $4 in ECW merchandise or a 1996 F-150? We need to stay in business until the big-rear end check clears next week.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Meanwhile in Philly, anyone want to buy $4 in ECW merchandise or a 1996 F-150? We need to stay in business until the big-rear end check clears next week.

Paul Heyman is such an accomplished liar that the giant quotation marks around "big rear end check" aren't even visible!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Mentioned it in the last thread, but I have to pull out of doing WCW stuff due to family issues as well. Sorry I didn't stay on that long, hopefully I'll be back if this is still around.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm really curious about who won the polls and what the prizes were, but I don't know if JR passed that information to Happyman or not.

He did. Results coming up tomorrow, soon as I count them.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sanguinia posted:

Paul Heyman is such an accomplished liar that the giant quotation marks around "big rear end check" aren't even visible!

The snack machine in the office ate Shane Douglas' dollar bill and he now can't afford to feed his family :smith:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
Yesssss this is starting back up again! WWF Year in Review and the amazing post-Mania Raw is done, will be posting when we can.

ECW also have a VERY interesting roster, excited to see what those lads will do with them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

ECW also have a VERY interesting roster, excited to see what those lads will do with them.

After doing some brain storming I can say I'm very excited at the basically everything we've come up with so far.

And well, well, well... we get to write Gertner promos :smuggo:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

After doing some brain storming I can say I'm very excited at the basically everything we've come up with so far.

And well, well, well... we get to write Gertner promos :smuggo:

You should hire Tugboat and have Gertner manage him as the Vanilla-Flavored Seaman.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I'll rejoin WCW.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, sorry I dropped off the face of the earth on that writing team. Just couldn't keep at it. I'll be rooting for WWF from the sidelines though!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm at home weeknights from 5 on, but it's hard to be more concrete about my schedule. (weekends are generally busy, or at least they have been.) I don't have PMs though, will that be necessary?

I'm up for joining WWF if possible.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

You should hire Tugboat and have Gertner manage him as the Vanilla-Flavored Seaman.

loving dirt sheets leaking our year long storyline :argh:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I thought we were putting the title on Shockwave the Robot?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Scandal in the Wrestling World! WCW reveals competitors plans!

Eric Bischoff could not be reached for comment but reports claim when he heard about the "crybaby tears," his actions elicited he put his cocaine/hooker party on hold long enough to go onto the roof and shoot a bird in the general directions of Philidelphia and Titan Towers.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

I'm at home weeknights from 5 on, but it's hard to be more concrete about my schedule. (weekends are generally busy, or at least they have been.) I don't have PMs though, will that be necessary?

I'm up for joining WWF if possible.

E-mail me.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Sep 13, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
(thanks to Sanguina for the write-up)

1996 was the dawn of a new age for World Championship Wrestling. An age of betrayal and renewed hope, an age of agony and triumph. An age where every Monday Night was nothing short of all-out war!

A Tale of Two Horsemen

Two men stood at the eye of this storm: Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. When the WCW Championship fell out of the hands of the Four Horsemen, Flair's arrogance blinded him to the malcontent of his long time friend, and it cost him dearly when Anderson betrayed the Nature Boy. In secret, Anderson secured the absolute loyalty of fellow Horsemen Chris Benoit, and used his amassed wealth to hire the ultimate secret weapons: Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, the mysterious Outsiders.

Ric Flair attempted to rally support to oppose this new faction, but after years of betrayals and greed he found himself without friends in his darkest hour. Flair was left broken and bloody, and Arn Anderson became Heavyweight Champion of the World, enforcing his will on any who dared oppose him. But just when things looked hopeless, Ric Flair found his humanity, and became the leader WCW needed. Through a long series of trials and epic battles, The Nature Boy forged a new Four Horsemen to take on Anderson's New Horsemen: Barry Windham, Lex Luger, and most importantly his long lost friend Sting.

Sting had suffered a crises of faith after months of painful defeats and perceived betrayals, compounded by years of being stabbed in the back and failing to meet his own expectations. But as Sting spiraled into darkness, Flair pulled him back with unshakable faith and a simple message: WCW needed his help. In an epic War Games match Sting appeared at the moment of truth to save Flair's team, forcing Anderson to tap out and earning a shot at the WCW Championship... but fate intervened and not only cost Sting his victory, but barred him from any future challenge to the title while it remained in Anderson's hands.

Ric Flair saw only one option: win the World War 3 match and capture the title, then face Sting himself. The match was brutal, but Flair accomplished the impossible and became the number one contender by eliminating Anderson's own lieutenant, Benoit. At the same time, having spent a fortune on bonuses, bounties and creature comforts for his two mercenaries, Double A found himself broke and unable to pay their fees... and soon learned how far their loyalty extended as Hall and Nash immediately abandoned him. Anderson faced Flair alone, with all his tricks and helpers gone, and in an epic brawl Flair finally ended the New Horsemen's reign of terror and became Champion.

Egomania Runs Wild

While this epic clash dominated the scene, it was far from the only earth-shaking conflict. WCW witnessed the collapse of a shining star into a void of darkness as the immortal Hulk Hogan turned his back on the world. When Randy "Macho Man," Savage, beat out Hogan for a shot at the WCW Championship, the Hulkster was consumed by a burning jealous rage toward his long-time friend. At the critical moment when Savage was poised to win the title, Hogan finally snapped and cost his friend the championship.

Hogan was obsessed with his own glory, ranting delusionaly about Hulkamania being above any title belt or friendship, basically declaring himself a deity as his addled mind turned the boos of betrayed fans into cheers of adulation. Hogan attacked long-time friends and rivals like Paul Orndorff, The Booty Man, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and more without provocation, and his madness reached it's peak when he unveiled the long-lost AWA Heavyweight Championship belt, declaring it to be his own personal "Hulkamania Title."

Set on breaking the Hulkster out of his fantasy, Randy Savage went to war with Hogan, attempting to win the prestigious championship from him in a series of matches that culminated in a brutal Fans Bring The Weapons match... but in the end, the Macho Man failed. Hogan's insanity ran wild, his actions and the siren's song of his defiled title belt driving a wedge between the Steiner Brothers and bringing Savage's own brother, "The Genius," Lanny Poffo out of hiding to settle a long held grudge.

But throughout these dark days there was one man standing up to Hogan, forcing him to defend his title properly and shutting down his destructive flights of fancy: WCW's new commissioner, Curt Hennig.

A Perfect World

WCW was a place of turmoil throughout the year. Steven Regal declared himself "King," and assembled a court of followers known as the Nobility. King Regal used covert weapon attacks, interference and outright fixed outcomes to win the Television Title, and launched brutal attacks against wrestlers from all the "colonial," nations, including the USA's "American Dream," Dusty Rhodes, Canada's Christian Cage and Lance Storm, and Mexico's Eddy Guerrero and his family. The mysterious Raven used the force of his personality to corrupt ex-Women's Champion Madusa and assemble a flock of cultists, battling against Too Cold Scorpio's Team X-treme in a series of matches that bordered on gang warfare and even saw Madusa in action alongside the men.

Speaking of former world champions, Ron Simmons and his mouthpiece Teddy Long used every dirty trick in the book, cheating to win at every opportunity while holding the US Championship for most of the year. WCW's newly established Cruiserweight division saw battles of ideology turn into blood feuds as it's first Champion, Mexico's legendary "Son of the Saint," El Hijo Del Santo and other newly premiered practitioners of Lucha Libre faced beatings and humiliation. Dean Malenko, a man who hates masked wrestlers, and Psicosis, a renegade Lucahdor, hoped to dismantle the Lucha traditions before they could take root in WCW by ambushing their competition and trying to steal their mask. And who could forget the mysterious man known as Glacier, who's conflict with the sinister James Mitchell and his minion Mortis involved powers which ruptured the foundations of time and space itself, conjuring specters who sought to avert WCW's dark future... that is, if you believe in that sort of thing.

This barely contained turmoil reached a boiling point when the Outsiders saw fit to attack none other than Ted Turner, WCW's owner. In response, Mr. Turner and WCW's executives brought in someone who would bring the wrestlers to heel and put an end to the madness, and there was only one man who was perfect for the job: Curt Hennig. Commissioner Hennig quickly got things under control, and with help of his lifelong friend and hand-picked deputy "World's Sexiest Man," Rick Rude WCW found a balance of controlled chaos... but control wasn't good enough for a man who sought perfection.

Hennig locked horns with those he perceived as ruining WCW, those who would cheat in their matches, attack their opponents outside the ring and throw their weight around to get their way, and none drew his ire more than Hulk Hogan. As a former AWA Champion it sickened Hennig to see the belt besmirched by Hogan's behavior, and he vowed to end Hogan's tenure as a false champion. Soon Rick Rude was questioning Hennig's actions, wondering if he was abusing his authority or even persecuting Hogan rather than keeping him in line. But the worst was yet to come when Road Warrior Hawk appeared with Hennig as his partner, and the team won the WCW Tag Team Championship!

Rude was irate, calling a Commissioner booking himself in a title match the worst possible abuse of power and an authority figure holding a championship in his own company a disgrace. Hennig countered that he'd spent his career watching the bad guys get away with dirty tricks, and if he had the power to make WCW perfect he would do it. The battle for the soul of the company and the powers of the Commissionership was the end of a friendship, and the start of a battle both in the ring and the courtroom. Hennig, with the help of his Ultimate Lawyer, swore to fight for his job to the end... but Rude knew the one thing Hennig wanted more than his perfect world: Hulk Hogan's title.

Hennig was able to defeat Hogan at Starrcade and liberate the AWA Championship... but the cost was dear as Rick Rude assumed full and permanent control over WCW.

Diamonds are Forever

Rude's administration started quietly. The Nobility disbanded as King Regal struck out on his own, blaming his former minions for his problems. The US title was finally taken off Simmons by the irreverent cocky high flyer Kid Rock. A dangerous monster known as the Great Muta arrived in WCW and forged an alliance with Meng and Bobby Heenan to take down Booker T and The Giant. Ric Flair had his rematch with Arn Anderson and a promised title match with Sting. But beneath the surface, a new power was rising.

Cryptic warnings which had been appearing throughout WCW came to fruition at Starrcade, when TV Champion Diamond Dallas Page appeared at ringside to help the Outsiders in a match for the Tag Team Championship. Over the coming weeks, this new band would reveal the existence of a secret society among professional wrestlers, an illuminati who had pulled the strings and manipulated the contests at every major wrestling promotion around the country for decades. Page revealed that every move the Outsiders, as well as Raven, Madusa, and himself, had made over the last year had been carefully calculated to position their members, to cause the exact right type and amount of chaos to bring WCW into their hands. He called this group the Flawless Diamonds.

With two of the six WCW Championships already in their hands, the Diamonds pit themselves eagerly against the Four Horsemen and Los Guerreros, a hastily assembled alliance of do-gooders commanded by Road Warrior Hawk. As Hulk Hogan redirected his attention to Flair's title, Hennig threw his efforts behind the good guys alongside his former Tag Team Partner... only to reveal that the entire conspiracy was under his control. Curt Hennig was THE Flawless Diamond. And Hawk and his allies suffered the consequences of this betrayal.

The Future Is Now!

For now, things have reached an oddly quiet moment. Road Warrior Hawk attempted to get his revenge on Hennig, and was struck down. The Flawless Diamonds are stronger than ever, and hunting for more gold to solidify their power.

In a last-ditch effort to capture the World Title, Arn Anderson and Hulk Hogan joined forced to create The Megabusters, but for now Flair has fought them back. However, tensions with Anderson's long-time right hand and ally Chris Benoit have reached a fever pitch under this new alliance, and things in that camp surely cannot stand.

At the moment, Ric Flair continues to stand at the top of the mountain as World Heavyweight Champion. He has pledged to stand against AWA Champion Curt Hennig and the Flawless Diamonds at all costs, and he is not alone. Beyond the conflict between Horsemen and Diamonds, the other wrestlers of World Championship Wrestling, be they champions or contenders, friends or rivals, find new reasons to fight, new grudges to settle, and new glory to chase every day. But all the comings and goings of are about to find themselves ground to halt. Commissioner Rick Rude and his assistant Eric Bischoff have unveiled their latest creation, and it makes the future more uncertain than ever. WCW is about to take it's first step toward the future... and into the ELIMINATION CHAMBER!

Tune in WCW Nitro, Monday Night on TNT, and don't miss a second!

Wrestlers
Aaron Muhammad (a.k.a. Ron Killings)
Alex Wright - WCW Cruiserweight Champion
Arn Anderson
Bam Bam Bigelow
Barry Windham
Bobby Eaton
Booker T
Brian James
Brian Knobbs
Brutus Briefcase (a.k.a. Ed Leslie)
"Champagne" Chris Kanyon
Chavo Guerrero, Jr.
Chris Benoit
Christian Cage
Ciclope (a.k.a. ???)
Curt Hennig - AWA World Heavyweight Champion
Dan "The Beast" Severn
Diamond Dallas Page
Disco Inferno
DJ Gorgeous (a.k.a. ???)
Doug Williams
Eddy Guerrero - WCW Television Champion
Ekmo
El Dandy
El Hijo del Santo
Evad Sullivan
Glacier (a.k.a. Mike Awesome)
Heavy Metal
Hector Guerrero
Hugh Morrus
Hulk Hogan
Ice Train
J. Brian Warrior
James Maritato
Jeff Jarrett
Jerry Sags
Johnny Grunge
Kevin Nash - WCW Tag Team Champion
Kevin Sullivan
Kid Rock (a.k.a. Sean Waltman) - WCW United States Champion
Kimo
King Steven Regal
Konnan
La Parka
Lance Storm
Lex Luger
Lucky Tonzura (a.k.a. ???)
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Madusa
Marcus Bagwell
Mark Starr
Meng
Mortis (a.k.a. ???)
Nelson X (a.k.a. Homicide)
Norman Smiley
One Man Gang
Perry Saturn
Psicosis
Raven
Rey Misterio, Jr.
Ric Flair - WCW World Heavyweight Champion
Rick Steiner
Ricky Morton
Road Warrior Hawk
Rob Van Dam
Robert Gibson
Rocco Rock
Ron Simmons
Sabu
Scott Hall - WCW Tag Team Champion
Scott Norton
Scotty Riggs
Shinya Hashimoto
Steve Armstrong
Sting
Taka Michinoku
The Giant
The Great Muta
The Shark
Too Cold Scorpio
Ultimo Dragon
V.K. Wallstreet
Wrath
Yummy Mummy (a.k.a. ???)

Tag teams and stables
American Males (Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs)
Ciclope, Perry Saturn, and Psicosis
Ekmo and Kimo
Fire and Ice (Ice Train and Scott Norton)
Flawless Diamonds (Curt Hennig, Diamond Dallas Page, Madusa, Raven, and the Outsiders [Kevin Nash and Scott Hall])
The Four Horsemen (Barry Windham, Lex Luger, Ric Flair, and Sting)
Los Guerreros (Chavo Guerrero, Jr., Eddy Guerrero, and Hector Guerrero)
The Heenan Family (Bam Bam Bigelow, Meng, and the Movie Buffs [Hugh Morrus and the Shark])
James + James (Brian James and James Maritato)
The Megabusters (Arn Anderson and Hulk Hogan)
The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags)
The Nation of Domination (Aaron Muhammad, Nelson X, and Ron Simmons)
The Navigators (DJ Gorgeous and Lucky Tonzura)
The New Blue Bloods (Alex Wright and Doug Williams)
The Public Enemy (Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock)
The Rock 'n' Roll Express (Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson)
The Sullivans (Evad Sullivan and Kevin Sullivan)
Team X-treme (Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and Too Cold Scorpio)
The Thrillseekers (Christian Cage and Lance Storm)
Wallstreet Enterprises ("Champagne" Chris Kanyon and V.K. Wallstreet)

Non-wrestlers
Beulah McGuillicutty - Manager of Rey Misterio, Jr.
Bill Alfonso - Manager of Rob Van Dam, Sabu, and Too Cold Scorpio
Bobby Heenan - Manager of Bam Bam Bigelow, Hugh Morrus, Meng, and the Shark
Dusty Rhodes - Interviewer, WCW Saturday Night color commentator
Eric Bischoff - Talk show host, WCW Saturday Night play-by-play
Harley Race - Agent
James Mitchell - Manager of the Great Muta, Mortis, One Man Gang, and Wrath
Jesse Ventura - WCW Monday Nitro color commentator
Kimberly - Manager of Christian Cage and Lance Storm
Lanny Poffo - Agent
Larry Zbyszko - Agent
Mike Tenay - WCW Monday Nitro color commentator
Nick Patrick - Referee
Paul Orndorff - Agent
Randy Anderson - Referee
Rick Rude - WCW Commissioner
Ricky Steamboat - Agent
Sonny Onoo - Manager of DJ Gorgeous and Lucky Tonzura
Ted Turner - Owner
Teddy Long - Manager of Aaron Muhammad, Nelson X, and Ron Simmons
Tom Billington - WCW Saturday Night color commentator
Tony Schiavone - WCW Monday Nitro play-by-play
Woman - Manager of Chris Benoit

In developmental
Adam Pearce
Blitzkrieg
Boo Bradley
Chaparita Asari
David Schreck (I dunno who this guy is, Skunkrocker hired him)
Doc Dean
Dory Funk, Jr. - Trainer
James Storm
Johnny Smith
Lenny Lane
Les Thatcher - Trainer
Lodi
Lord Robert Brookside
Lt. James Earl
Mariko Yoshida
Matt Hyson
Prince Iaukea
Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker
Shannon Moore
Texas Hangman Killer
TJ Wilson

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Year 1 Awards Poll RESULTS!

Match of the Year:
WWF's Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Vader - WrestleMania 13
(Runner Up: WCW's "Macho Man" Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - Hog Wild '96)

Angle of the Year:
WCW's The Four Horsemen vs. The Real Horsemen
(Runner Up: WCW's The Flawless Diamonds)

Segment of the Year:
WWF's WCW Monday Nyquil
(Runner Up: WCW's Ric Flair can't find a tag team partner against The Outsiders)

Best of WWF:
Shattered Dreams Productions movie parodies
(Runner Up: Owen vs. Bret in Calgary)

Worst of WWF:
Edge
(Runner Up: Racist Jerry Lawler)

Best of WCW:
TIE between Hulk Hogan's Egomania and Challenge Series and Arn Anderson vs. Ric Flair at Uncensored '97
(Runner Up: Rick Rude vs. Curt Hennig feud)

Worst of WCW:
Kid Rock
(Runner Up: J. Brian Warrior vs. Brutus Briefcase, Starrcade '96)

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
WWF Year In Review

Terry Funk vs Mick Foley:
For weeks before the Royal Rumble, a masked man was bragging about how he had seen the monster inside of Dude Love, and would bring it out. At the event, it was revealed that the man in the mask was none other than Terry Funk, who caused something primal to explode from Foley. As time went on, Foley came to realize that Dude Love was not enough to take down his foe, and reached deep inside himself for the brutal Cactus Jack. The feud finally came to a violent end at Wrestlemania XIII, and despite everything he threw at him, Funk was unable to tame the beast, and, after being clotheslined off the upper decks of the arena, fell to Cactus.

Jerry Lynn vs HHH vs Chris Jericho:
Although he never officially won the title at the Twas The Fight Before Christmas Fearsome Foursome, Jerry Lynn dug the Intercontinental Title out of the trash that Steve Austin dumped it in, acting as if he had won the Intercontinental Championship that night. Chris Jericho had almost won the title during the controversial match, and believed it was rightfully his. During a #1 contender's match for the Intercontinental Title between Jericho and the Architect of the Power Trip, Lynn interfered, causing a disqualification. This led to a triple threat ladder match at Wrestlemania XIII, where Chris Jericho won the title.

Brian Pillman vs Mark Henry:

Although he had been using underhanded methods to hold onto his Pan-American Title, such as staging an entire Pay-Per-View, In Your House 12: The Pan-American Power Trip, in an empty auditorium, Brian Pillman had no choice but to defend his title at Wrestlemania XIII against Mark Henry. Mark Henry has been on a tear up to Wrestlemania, with a winning streak of 21, and at Wrestlemania XIII, he inducted the Lunatic Fringe of the Power Trip into his Hall of Pain, bringing his winning streak to a total of 22, and is now the current WWF Pan-American Champion.

Chris Jericho and "Rowdy" Roddy Piper:

For the past month, there has been friction between the young lion and his mentor. During his time as the Tag Team Champion, Jericho has become overconfident, showing off whenever he could. At Wrestlemania XIII, despite already wrestling for the Intercontinental Title, Jericho defended his Tag Team Championship against Bulldog and the Skunkrocker. In the end, Camp Cornette came away with the gold, and Jericho turned on his partner, ending their tag team.

Goldust and The Undertaker:

During the 1996 King of the Ring Pay-Per-View, Goldust stole the Undertaker's Urn from Paul Bearer. Over the next few months, the two of them would rampage through the entire WWF roster, with Goldust winning the Money in the Bank briefcase and Undertaker forced to brutalize his younger brother Kane. At the Royal Rumble, Goldust would lose control of the Urn, and it would fall into the hands of the Undertaker, who promptly destroyed it. At Wrestlemania XIII, The Undertaker finally got his hands on the insidious Goldust, using the malevolent Hell in a Cell Structure to ensure the gold-painted movie buff could not escape retribution.

Taz vs Ted DiBiase:

Despite finding many ways to earn him money, Taz was consistently disrespected by his manager, Ted DiBiase. After DiBiase cost him his spot in the 1997 Royal Rumble, Taz snapped, telling DiBiase he quit. DiBiase sent his entire stable after Taz, and one by one they fell to the Tazmission. At Wrestlemania, DiBiase was finally forced to send his million dollar prospect, Steve Corino, against Taz, and he too fell to the Tazmission. Having triumphed over the entirety of Camp Cornette, it is unsure what DiBiase will do next, but it surely won't be pretty.

Owen Hart vs Bret Hart vs Vader vs "Stone Cold" Steve Austin:

As the WWF Champion, Vader took down every challenger who came his way. This all changed at the Royal Rumble, where even his might could not stop the cunning of Owen Hart. After Owen tamed the mastodon, his brother Bret won the Royal Rumble... or so we thought, as the Juggernaut of the Power Trip, Steve Austin, had landed on his partner Brian Pillman and returned, chair in hand, to brutalize Bret. Due to the controversial circumstances of Austin's victory, Mr. McMahon set up a match between the two for the contendership for the title. Vader, furious at losing his title, rampaged over the two of them.
In the end, Owen, feeling overshadowed by his brother's search for the title, told them he'd take them all on, promising to eliminate them all himself. At Wrestlemania XIII, Owen made true on his promise, eliminating first his brother, then Vader, and finally tapping out Austin.

List of Champions:
WWF Champion: Owen Hart
Intercontinental Champion: Chris Jericho
Tag Team Champions: Camp Cornette (Bulldog and Skunkrocker)
Pan-American Champion: Mark Henry

Roster:
Bret "The Hitman" Hart
Shawn Michaels
Owen Hart: Current WWF Champion
The Undertaker
Ultimate Warrior
(Road Warrior Animal)
Cactus Jack (Mick Foley)
Mark Henry Current Pan-American Champion
Big Van Vader
British Bulldog Current Tag Team Champion with Skunkrocker
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Goldust
Brian Pillman
Chris Jericho Current Intercontinental Champion
Tatanka
Tom Prichard
Ahmed Johnson
Stan Hansen
Dave Taylor
Jushin "Thunder" Liger
Kane
Hunter Hearst Helmsley
Box Office Bossman (Ray Traylor)
Bob Backlund
Terry Funk
Fucktrain Vicious (A secret)
Hakushi
King Kong Bundy
Fatu
Stevie Ray
Marc Mero
Rocky Maivia
Ken Shamrock
Godfather
Mr. Godwinn
Bart Gunn
Osamu Nishimura
Hardcore Holly
Taz
Skunkrocker Marty Jannetty Current Tag Team Champion with Bulldog
Doink The Clown
Samu
Bubba Ray Dudley
D-Von Dudley
Vampiro
Justin "Hawk" Bradshaw
Jerry Lynn
Tracy Smothers
URSUS
Satō Shigeki (Dick Togo)
Jeff Hardy
Chris Candido
Road Dogg Dudley (Brad Armstrong)
Dirty White Boy
Steve Corino
Yoshihiro Tajiri
Matt Hardy
Scotty Bollea
"Cuddly" Christopher Daniels
"Jammin'" Jamie Noble
"Sugah" Shane Helms
Kal Kirby (Mike Quakenbush)
Roadblock (Rhino)
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Shaggy 2 Dope
Violent J

Non-Wrestlers:
Vince McMahon
Linda McMahon
Jim Ross
"Mean" Gene Okerlund
Hillbilly Jim
Paul Bearer
Jim Cornette
Marlena
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
Dirty Dutch Dudley
Brother Love
Captain Lou Albano
Jimmy Hart
Dave Hebner
Earl Hebner
Jack Doan
Mike Chioda
Tim White
Gerald Brisco
Pat Patterson
Vince Russo

Developmental:
Glen Ruth
Jody Fleisch
Nick Dinsmore
Perro Aguyao Jr.
Reckless Youth
Stevie Richards HWA Intercontinental Champion
Super Dragon
Charlie Haas HWA World Heavyweight Champion
Chaz Warrington
Dave Bautista
Doug Basham
Matt Bloom
Mr. Aquila
Alex Porteau
Piloto Suidida
Horshu

Developmental Trainers:
Rick Martel
Dok Hendrix
Dave Finlay
Ed Ferrera (Booker)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
:siren:WWF, HOLY poo poo! Look at the doc, and discuss it with us in the IRC!:siren:

Senerio fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Sep 13, 2014

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Are the WWF still looking for writers?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Always.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Frozen_flame posted:

Are the WWF still looking for writers?

:getin:

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Cool, sent a PM to happyman then.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Jesus, WWF and WCW's rosters are enormous. One bad string of shows and I bet your financials will go into the toilet. But down here in ECW, our financials are already in the toilet. Ahead of the curve once again :smug:

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

quote:

To start the show, the first episode of Raw is War, a graphic played on the Tron, not just showing the new logo of WWF Raw Is War, but an important message:
TONIGHT -- THE HEARTBREAK KID RETURNS!

A Rocky Maivia hype video plays ending with "R is here". Roadblock comes out and pats himself on the back, attributing the hype videos telling of his own coming. Rocky comes out and smack talks Roadblock. "You long-haired, rat-faced, sweathog jabroni, you don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off that ol' Lone Ranger, and you don't try to steal Rocky Maivia's spotlight! Now don't leave that ring, monkey boy, because you're sure having a match tonight, and it's against yours truly!" This didn't do much for the crowd, and it's probably on Roadblock.

Rocky Maivia vs Roadblock. Rocky pins Roadblock after an Uranage. This was much better recieved than the promo.

After the match, we see HHH and Austin fuming backstage. Austin's face lights up as he
taps HHH on the shoulder and starts whispering in his ear. HHH begins to light up as well, and they walk away cackling.
The camera cuts to Vince in his office, counting his money from WrestleMania 13 when sirens blare in the background and a secretary barges through his door. ""What the hell do you want! Can't you see I'm busy here!"" ""Y-y-yes sir, but-"" ""But what?"" ""There's a person from the local hospital looking for you, something about a call they got."" Looking confused, Vince also heads to the source of the sound.

Backstage, Money Inc has cornered Taz. Taz tries to fight them all, but Money Inc's numbers overwhelm Taz ...until Rocky Maivia makes the save! Uranage to Bundy! Uranage to Corino! The rest of Money Inc flee as Rocky shakes Taz's hand and we fade out on the two of them talking.

Kerrang! and Marc Mero vs All 3 Dudleyz, Mero gets pinned by D-Von after a 3D. Mero almost refuses to try to tag in his teammates, attempting to take on all 3 on his own.

After the match, Kerrang! try to pep Mero up, but he has none of it and stomps off petulantly.

Kane and American Pride are standing in the ring for a match when only Steve Corino and King Kong Bundy come out. Kane starts to ask where the other opponent is, but Ted DiBiase interrupts him. "Don't get alarmed, you're getting a fair fight tonight. FUCKTRAIN, COME ON OUT!"

Saxophones blared, almost like the theme to a porno, as Fucktrain walked onstage wearing nothing but a mask, a Speedo and his wrestling boots.

"OH YEAH, BABY, THE FUCKTRAIN HAS ARRIVED! AND HE IS COCKED, LOCKED, AND READY TO UNLOAD! AND SINCE I CAN'T FIND THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR NOWHERE, I'LL TAKE IT OUT AND PUT IT IN YOU, KANE! BECAUSE WHEN THE FUCKTRAIN PULLS INTO THE STATION, HE WANTS 2 THINGS: TO gently caress PEOPLE AND TO gently caress PEOPLE UP! AND I PLAN TO DO BOTH TONIGHT!"

Fucktrain, Bundy, and Corino vs Kane and American Pride, Fucktrain pins Prichard after the Big Sweaty Bomb. Fucktrain is a very physical worker, both in terms of working stiff and working stiff. At one point, he got Kane into a test of strength and forced him onto his knees before rubbing his crotch onto Kane's mask.

There's a sign above the entrance ramp with CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WRESTLEMANIA WINS, MICK AND SHAWN

Shawn comes out. He stands in the ring silently, as Dude Love's music hits.

Dude Love comes out to uproarious cheers, talking about how his win over Terry Funk is the biggest win in his career.

He starts a promo: "I want to thank all my fans! While I want to celebrate my win, I do also want to give my good pal Shawn a welcome back party! I know he was a Grumpy Gus for a few weeks, but I trust he's cleared his head and he's back to that good old Heartbreak I kne-"

SWEET CHIN MUSIC! Mick hits the ground. Shawn walks off, without saying a word.

Pan-Am Title Match: Mark Henry vs Bob Backlund, Henry pins Backlund with the World's Strongest Slam, 23. The commentators make good note of the fact that Mark Henry will uphold the rightful rules of the Pan-American title; i.e. defending it on every possible American show.

Roddy Piper has Chris Jericho on his show, and asks him why he slapped him in the face at Wrestlemania. After this question, Jericho jumps across the table, and begins to beat down Piper. Jericho then grabs a mic.

"Look in my eyes, Piper, and tell me what you see." The downed Piper begins to speak, but Jericho interrupts, cutting Roddy off with a kick to the side.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU SEE! What matters is what you saw a year ago when you decided to take me under your wing. You didn't see an equal. You didn't see a protege. You saw a crutch. That's all I was to you, a crutch that could carry you after your relevancy was long gone. And carry you I did. I carried you through matches, I carried you to the tag team championships! And you hosed it all up for us. You just couldn't hang with me, you old withered bastard. And THAT, Piper, was the final straw! I am no longer your reflection, I am no longer your shadow. When you look at me, you're looking at the new millenium of professional wrestling... and I can't promise you'll survive to see it."

Jericho continues beating down Piper, before spitting on him and walking off in disgust.

Owen Hart's title celebration. He comes out, bandaged and bruised, and cuts a promo about WrestleMania and about making good on his promise to take out all three of his opponents himself. He then calls out Bret to join him in the ring. Instead, the Power Trip comes out. Austin takes a mic but forgoes his usual trash-talk, actually showing respect towards Owen and calling him one tough SOB. He reaches for a handshake... but pulls his hand away, KICK WHAM STUNNER! Austin picks a mic up and says he demands a rematch, one on one this time. As the two of them walk up the ramp, Goldust's music hits and he rushes past them holding the briefcase, tossing his wig and robe as he goes, and hands the briefcase to the ref.

Goldust vs Owen Hart(c)
WWF Title

As the match starts, Goldust taunts the downed Owen Hart, getting a good kick in. He goads Owen to his feet, and sets up the Curtain Call. As he drives the back of Owen's head into the mat, he quickly goes into the cover.

1...2...2.9, Owen gets his shoulder up, and in a show of defiance slaps Goldust in the face. Goldust is shocked, and in his hesitation leaves himself open to an elbow to the face from Owen. As Goldust is recoiling, Owen crawls to the ropes and begins to pull himself up. Goldust goes over to the ropes to try to lay some kicks in on Owen, but Owen has gotten up in time and lays in with another slap. Goldust returns the slap, and eventually Owen and Goldust are slapping each other in the face as hard as they can. After a particularly hard slap, Goldust winds up for an elbow to the top of the head, but Owen kicks Goldust in the side, setting him up for a belly to belly suplex. After the suplex, Owen tried to go to the top for an elbow drop, but Goldust is able to get up, and knocks Owen's legs out from under him before going for a superplex. Owen blocks the superplex with a punch to the side, knocking Goldust off the turnbuckle, before hitting the elbow drop and laying on Goldust for the cover.

1...2...2.9, Goldust kicks out forcefully, and as the 2 of them stagger to their feet, Goldust looks more determined than he was before. He lays in with a closed fist punch to the face before whipping Owen to the turnbuckle. Goldust hooks Owen's legs in the ropes, goes to the opposite corner. We go into a picture in picture showing Bret watching the match backstage in horror as Goldust gets a running start before just laying into Owen's groin with a heinous running kick. The picture in picture ends Owen flops forward, and the ref doesn't seem to be doing anything. Goldust drags Owen to his feet as Bret runs out from Gorilla. Bret tries to run for the ring only to be met by HHH and Austin of the Power Trip, who beat him down before he can assist Owen.

Goldust has Owen at his mercy, and dumps him over the ropes before getting a chair from the timekeeper's area. He brutalizes Owen, leaving him busted open on the floor. With a mischevous expression on his face, Goldust walks over to the timekeeper's area and takes the WWF title, almost holding it up like an award, before dragging Owen to his feet and nailing him square in the face with it. He rolls Owen back into the ring, lays the title on the mat and hits the Curtain Call onto the title before going for the cover.

1...2...3. Goldust is your new World Wrestling Federation champion.

Ted DiBiase comes out, shakes the ref's hand, and starts to speak. "Of course, by now you realize the hidden power of the Money In The Bank briefcase. Everybody has a price, even WWF officials! HAHAHAHAHAAAA!" Beaten and crawling, Owen rebuts. "You dirty rat! When I get my rematch-" Goldust interrupts. "Ah-ah-ah, Owen. Read the fine print of the Money In The Bank contract! It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You get no rematch. You get NOTHING! YOU LOSE, MISTER HART! GOOD DAY, SIR!

Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory." "Yes, Goldust. Now let's leave Mr. Hart here to his wallowing and get about the business of making you a star."

Goldust and DiBiase walk off cackling, leaving Owen alone and laying in the ring. Bret struggles to the ring, still selling the beat down from the Power Trip, as the Power Trip look on from ringside, smug and satisfied in their revenge. As Owen pulls himself up the turnbuckles, Bret can barely gasp out a few words before falling flat again.

"I tried, Owen. I tried." with this, Owen turns his gaze from the departing Goldust and DiBiase to the Power Trip with a look of the purest poison on his face as Raw Is War comes to a close. Ted was really rough off-script.

That was a bit of a wet fart of a Raw, compared to the past few weeks. I have to give it a C+ here.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Must've gotten lost in the old doc, but I'm taking an indefinite leave from WWF booking.

Also I'm so so sorry about that Roadblock/Mavia segment, WWF.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

:siren: WCW has a backstage situation :siren:

Raw, Nitro and the B-shows will run as soon as you can get them done, but Thursday at the latest. The relaunch of ECW Hardcore TV will run shortly after that.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
So how's that post-Mania Nitro doing, WCW?

I Before E posted:

This post is amazing in hindsight.

Any comments, Sang?

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Sep 14, 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sanguinia posted:

And if you're even THINKING about reading our competitor's post, don't, because I've just been informed that tonight Mick Foley is going to win their world title. HEH, that'll put some butts in the seats!

This post is amazing in hindsight.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Happyman posted:

:siren: WCW has a backstage situation :siren:
I'm still new to this spreadsheet layout, where are the new incidents listed?

Also unless something needs to be revised I'm pretty sure the Nitro's ready to be posted and has been for a little while. Shouldn't be long in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'm still new to this spreadsheet layout, where are the new incidents listed?

Check your IRC, that might work.

• Locked thread