Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nobody there but me atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm at JerryWorld for Texas/UCLA, so I can't post anything.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WWF remembered my idea for Goldust :allears:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

So how's that post-Mania Nitro doing, WCW?

Any comments, Sang?

I Before E posted:

This post is amazing in hindsight.

What's REALLY Amazing is that I was like an INCH from putting Goldust instead of Foley. It seemed more thematically appropriate for your brand. I never thought you'd actually go through with the Cash In so suddenly because there had really been no build for it or mention of the case for a while.

I'll post the Post-Mania Nitro shortly, I was hoping for a chance to talk to Skunkrocker before it went up but I haven't seen him

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

oh wait I was using a bookmark to the old spreadsheet :butt: updated on the sitch

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Sanguinia posted:

What's REALLY Amazing is that I was like an INCH from putting Goldust instead of Foley. It seemed more thematically appropriate for your brand. I never thought you'd actually go through with the Cash In so suddenly because there had really been no build for it or mention of the case for a while.

That's really cool! Never thought of Goldust as IRL Foley. By the way, there were always the idea of Goldust cashing in here, that's concrete. What WASN'T concrete was what the briefcase meant.
I'll explain much later, since revealing it all would be spoilers.

And to all non-WWF writers, some things are going to be very interesting very soon, for both companies.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

That's really cool! Never thought of Goldust as IRL Foley. By the way, there were always the idea of Goldust cashing in here, that's concrete.

Well, I wouldn't put Goldust as equivalent to Foley right now, though given the kind of Face characters that worked for him in real life I think he could certainly fit that slot.

Ironically I'd say his biggest IRL Counterpart right now is Edge circa '05-'06. The way he talks and acts, his ring psychology, his general character, and his methods for generating heel heat are the kind that would make Internet smarks love him but would make the kind of smarks that go to shows boo him out of the building. Just like Edge during the lead up to the original MITB cash in.

Regarding the cash in, I guess the thing that was weird to me isn't that you did the cash in without any direct build to it happening, because it being a surprise is why it worked the first time IRL, it's more than Goldust event HAVING the case was mostly forgotten since he won it. It was very rare for him to mention it at all, or threaten to use it, or whatever.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Say, do you take your mask off when you go to the bathroom?
Sorry about the confusion. All backstage incidents go in the Announcements tab from here on out, for all three companies.

And yes, Nitro has been ready to post for a while now. If you need to give it a last once-over, do so and post it please.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It's TIME!

quote:

It's the first week of April 1997, and on the night after some other chump's biggest show of the year, WCW was NOT to be upstaged with two weeks left until Spring Stampede! Here's the rundown:

To Be The Man...

Monday Nitro opens with a great big WOOOOO! It's WCW Champion Ric Flair! Flair comes out to the ring and discusses the Elimination Chamber. Not only is he facing an entirely new kind of wrestling match, a never before seen style of cage, and the prospect of having to beat five other men, but those five may be the most dangerous collection of opponents he's ever fought! This will without a doubt be the toughest challenge of the Nature Boy's career. "But frankly, I CAN'T WAIT! At Spring Stampede I'm gonna walk that aisle, walk into that chamber, and style and profile over every one of those bad boys! I'm gonna beat Mitchel's monster Muta! I'm gonna beat Heenan's bruiser Meng! I'm gonna beat my man, The Total Package Lex Luger! And most important of all, I'm gonna beat that lummox Kevin Nash! I swear to almighty God that the Flawless Diamonds will NEVER get their grubby mits on the WCW Championship! And Hennig, if you want my gold, you better send everything you got, becuase your jacked-up Jackknife doesn't stand a chance! WOOOOOO!"

Flair struts for the crowd, but his celebration is interrupted by Pomp and Circumstance as he's interrupted by Macho Man Randy Savage! "You better hold all four of those horses there Nature Boy!... You took some trouble to list off your opponents, yeah, but I couldn't help but notice a glaring oversight, yeah! A little SOMETHING missing from your CALCULATIONS! Every one of the boys in that match wants to beat Ric Flair for the World Title, but I've got a reminder for YOU Ric... I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S DONE IT BEFORE! Ooooh, you remember don't you Nature Boy? You tried everything to beat the Macho Man! You tried mind games, you tried brass knuckles, you tried your precious Figure Four, but when the night was over it was ME! RANDY SAVAGE! LEAVING YOU ON THE MAT! GETTING THE ONE-TWO-THREE! No, no, I haven't forgotten Nature Boy. The Macho Man remembers it all! He remembers what it feels like to bring down a legend! To hoist the gold and KNOW he's THE BETTER MAN!

Listen close Ric Flair. You've changed from what I used to know, you deserve some respect. So I'm giving you a fair warning. I'm coming for YOU! Lex Luger's never beat you in a match for the title! Kevin Nash has never been a WCW Champion! I've done both! Meng's got Heenan's family, but after what we've been through EVERY SCREAMIN' FAN IN THE STANDS is part of my Family! And that FREAKAZOID Muta's may have some kind of power, but I've got a power too! I GOT THE POWER OF MACHO MADNESS! AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST A YEAR, I'VE GOT A SHOT AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! SO YOU BETTER BE READY TO FACE THE STORM! OH YEAAAAAH!" Both guys were amazing off-script, the crowd exploded for this promo!

Battle Cruisers

As the crowd cooled off from that hot opening, backstage Rey Mysterio and his manager Beulah McGillicutty catch Heavy Metal and his manager Konnan on his way to the ring. Rey warns the young rookie that his opponent, the mysterious Ciclope, has been fighting an all out war with him on WCW Saturday Nights. Anyone who associates with Psicosis can't be trusted to fight fair, so Rey offers to accompany Metal to the ring and be in his corner. Metal graciously accepts.

Heavy Metal (with Rey, Konnan and Beulah) defeats Ciclope via DQ for a shot at the Cruiser Title! - Ciclope looks very strong, countering much of Metal's offense with his technical skills despite Konnan's coaching. The young rookie does get in a few big hits, including a missile drop kick that sends Ciclope all the way to the floor. Enraged by the counter-attack, Ciclope attempts to steal a victory by rolling Metal up with his feet on the ropes, but Mysterio is able to make the ref see it before he counts the three. Ciclope is livid when the ref breaks up the fall and snaps, punching the official in the face for a DQ. Heavy Metal is declared Number One Contender, and will face Alex Wright at Spring Stampede!

Gold and Diamonds

Kid Rock cut's a promo to the camera backstage. The US Champ talks up his big victory at Uncensored in the Fatal Fourway, and how he's ready to take on his next challenger. As he talks DDP appears out of the dark with a crocodile smirk, and says he's glad to hear it. Kid refuses to be intimated, and points out that he's already taken care of one Flawless Diamond and he's got no reason to be afraid of another one. "Maybe you're right, Kid. How about another three?"

The Outsiders appear as quickly as Page did and ambush Kid Rock. There is a chase down the hallway as the US Champ fights for his life, getting in a few shots but mostly defenseless three-on-one in the tight backstage corridors where he can't use his high-flying moves. They break into the catering area... where they find Sting and Lex Luger, who leap to the rescue! After another minute Rick Rude arrives with security and breaks up the fight, then arranges for tonight's Main Event to be a tag match: Chamber participants Kevin Nash and Lex Luger were scheduled to face off, but now US Champ Kid Rock will team up with Luger and the man who wants his title, Diamond Dallas Page, will join Nash! Nash looked good. Kid Rock did not.

Back in the ring Eddy Guerrero defeats Jeff Jarrett and Dan "The Beast" Severn. - The former teammates seem more focused on each other than Eddy, and the champ is glad to take advantage. Latino Heat's agility allows him to counter Severn's grappling and submission holds, and his toughness allows him to endure Jarret's strikes and suplexes. In the end a Three Amigos leaves Jarret stunned, and a Springboard Tornado DDT followed up with a Jacknife Splash lets Eddy pick up the three over Severn.

After the match, the Flawless Diamond theme hits and Raven and Madusa hit the ring. Raven congratulates Eddy on managing to defeat DDP, "But the Flawless Diamonds need that title, Guerrero. We won't accept anything less than perfection. So now you're under Raven's shadow, and I'm going to snuff out your flame. Face me for the TV title at Spring Stampede!" Eddy refuses.

Raven goads Eddy, asking rhetorically if the chosen son of the Guerrero clan is just a coward, but Latino Heat retorts "Listen up, Holmes. You Flawless Diamonds have been talking a big game since you showed up. You said you've been controlling every wrestling company there is behind the scenes for years. Well I got news for you ese, NOBODY CONTROLS LATINO HEAT! I AIN'T GONNA DANCE ON YOUR PUPPET STRINGS! So as far as I'm concerned, you and all your boys can get to the back of the line. There's a lot of guys in that locker room that deserve a shot at the champ. And ain't none of them wearing robes!" Eddy looked good in the match, but wasn't good offscript

Sharks Hunting Dogs

Backstage, VK Wallstreet is pacing furiously as Kanyon speaks on a big grey brick of a cellular phone. Finally he snaps it shut. "Briefcase just gave me the go ahead, boss. Now all we need to do is get that idiot to sign the contract and Eaton's Weiners will be a subsidiary of Wallstreet Enterprises." Wallstreet is exstatic at the news and instructs his junior VP to send a nice fruit basket over to thank the lawyers. "Well... a cheap fruit basket."

The Movie Buffs defeat the Nasty Boys. - Knobbs and Sags start off looking strong, using team tactics to isolate Morris and playing to the crowd as they get one over on the Heenan Family. But when Morris makes the tag, Shark destroys everything in his path. He looks like a monster, roaring and nailing both men with huge power moves. He leaves Knobbs slumped over in the corner after pounding him with hammer blows to the head until he collapses, then finishes Saggs with a huge Shark Bomb for the pinfall.

Shark shouts for Rick Rude after the match. He roars that he won't allow himself to be the weak link in the Heenan family, that he's not a guppy and he still has all his teeth. He demands to be put in a match with Rick Steiner, and threatens to go on a rampage if he's not given what he wants. Rick Rude calms him down and makes Steiner/Shark for Spring Stampede, and Shark shouts to Bobby Heenan in the back that he's going to eat the Dog-Face Gremlin alive!

Hatred Born Anew

Chris Benoit is lifting some weights in the locker room, and asks Woman to grab him a bottle of water. When she leaves, he suddenly sets down his weight and calls out to Arn Anderson, telling him to stop lurking. Arn appears, loosening his tie and rolling up his sleeves. He tells Chris he really didn't appreciate that little speech from last week, that he'd embarrassed his former employer. Benoit says all he did was tell Arn what he needed to hear, and if any part of their friendship still existed he'd understand that. Arn simply shakes his head, gently cupping Benoit's chin in his hand. "You broke my heart Chris."

Suddenly Hogan body checks Benoit into the wall, and the Megabusters begin to beat him down. Anderson grabs Benoit by the hair as he slumps to the floor and asks if that was "real" enough for him. Hogan suggests that maybe he'll feel better after he "comes to his senses." The heels laugh as they leave Benoit in a bloody heap.

Back in the arena, a video package begins to play and a charged rallying cry echoes through the arena - “WE ARE THE NATION”. Immediately, fast and intricate hand drum patterns sound out, propulsive and deep, giving the entrance a martial feel. Short, rapid-fire clips of riots, firehoses used against pedestrians, missile launches, and raised black fists, shown from a variety of creative angles. After a few seconds of this, the clips cut to a black screen displaying, in red bold type, “THE NATION OF DOMINATION”. At least two dozen black men, outfitted in black fatigues and black berets, begin marching in single file from the stage. As they reach the ring, they break file and stand to face one another. From the stage, Teddy Long, Ron Simmons, and the newcomers known as Aaron Muhammad and Nelson X begin walking, heads held high, through the corridor of men at attention, and as the group passes, each man raises a gloved fist. As the group enters the ring, the black-clad men lower their arms and return to the back. Long takes the time to look out on the crowd, his eyes steely, before raising a microphone to his face. “Look around you.” He gestures about at the men assembled in the ring. “Look upon these men. Do you see what I see? Do you see strength? Intelligence? Character? Do you see champions?” Simmons visibly grimaces. “No. No you do not. You look upon the black man and you see a brute, an animal.” Long shakes his head. “How many years have we of the black race groveled and toiled to prove to the white man that they have nothing to fear? Decades? Centuries? And for what? To be shunted into sideshows, used as stepping stones, thrown in prison, beaten on the streets by men you people call heroes."

"Well, no more. The white man and his Uncle Tom toadies have put out a call for open season on the black man. Standing before you, in this very ring, is the answer to that call in kind. The Nation is here. The white empire and their allies will learn it is right to fear us, because we do not fear them." Long strides to Simmons and hands him the microphone. Simmons speaks, staring directly into the hard camera. “The day I realized that the Nation of Domination must rise, I wore these colors. I walked the streets of Atlanta and young black men would come up and ask me, what do the colors mean? I told them, the colors are the flag of a new Nation, a nation of Black strength. And they would ask me how they could become a part of it. So I asked them a question in return: where were you? Where were you when I was cheated out of the WCW United States title? Where were you then? And where are you now? I told them what I will tell all appeasers and collaborators: The Nation has no place for weakness of body or will. We are the strong. We accept no consolations, we take what is in our power to take. WE are the Nation of Domination, and make no mistake - any man who calls himself black but has colluded with our enemy is not our brother. When the Nation rises, and it will, you will not be recognized. Consider that your warning."

The Nation of Domination (Simmons and Nelson) defeat the Rock'n'Roll Express - After the express make their entrance and we begin with Rick Morton and Nelson X in the ring. They lock up and Morton gets the advantage early, landing right hands and knee lifts. Morton hits a suplex and goes for another, but is reversed, and X dives to make the tag to Simmons, with Morton tagging in a fresh Gibson in response as Simmons' imposing figure enters the ring. Gibson tries to start trading strikes but Simmons immediately overwhelms him, then whips him into the ropes before hitting a huge one-handed spinebuster that shakes the ring. Simmons then hits the Dominator for the three.

The Cold, The King, and The Curse

Dusty Rhodes interviews Glacier. The American Dream notes that Glacier hasn't been seen on Nitro since his slim tag team victory alongside Randy Savage, and was nowhere to be found at Uncensored. Glacier explains that he was meditating on the threat of Wrath. On Saturday Night he issued a challenge to Wrath that has thus far gone unanswered. Now he knows that Wrath won't come to him, Mitchell is too smart to allow that. He has no choice but to go on the offensive if he wants to stop Wrath, and now is the perfect time: The Great Muta cannot protect his comrade while he prepares for the Elimination Chamber, and Mitchell's greedy eyes will be locked on the WCW Championship. Mitchell's other forces are still between him and his enemy, but he refuses to be stopped until Wrath falls, and James Mitchell's blood runs cold!

King Steven Regal defeats Konnan. Konnan is clearly energized after celebrating his protege's victory, but Regal is having none of it, blasting his target with some very stiff body blows and european-style uppercuts to destroy any momentum. Once wounded Konnan is quickly taken apart despite impressive attempts to recover by dodging Regal's blows into suplexes. While they do give him some breathing room, these attacks seem to only drive Regal to be more vicious, and it isn't long before His Majesty nails the Knee Trembler to put Konnan down.

Regal addresses his subjects after the match, saying he's give much thought to the problem of proving his worthiness for the title. "The Divine Right of Royalty should put us above something as petty as proving our worth. Still, we must accept that fact that even Arthur was not made king until he drew Excalibur. Therefore we shall accept that a demonstration of our absolute power is needed. By Royal Decree, King Regal the First hereby issues a warrant of execution! We shall wait here in our ring until such time as one of the peasants in the locker room enters our pressence. And once he does, The King will personally put him to the sword!" Regal drops his mike and stands tall, until OOOOOOOOOHHHH WHAT A RUSH!

Road Warrior Hawk hits the ring and Regal books it out of there rather than fighting. Hawk works the crowd as Regal falls back up the ramp, mocking the monarch, but Regal just keeps shouting "You're a dead man, Hawk! A dead man!"

The lights fade after the ring clears, and there is a video on the TurnerTron once again featuring the lost temple. The place is a wreck now, the fruit emblems shattered and pastel colors splattered all over the walls in what would look like bloodstains if they were actually red. The scene is deadly quiet until one of the scientists from the other videos drags himself into the frame. An unidentifiable but colorful residue stains his clothes and his face. He struggles, but manages to speak a final warning to the audience: "Run for your lives... the Yummy Mummy's curse has arrived!" Suddenly, the Yummy Mummy himself appears from the entrance ramp, colored an odd shade of green, wearing a candy-colored mask and gear. Happy pop music plays him to the ring where Steve Armstrong is already waiting.

Yummy Mummy defeats Steve Armstrong. While Yummy Mummy moves very slowly, Amstrong's offense does little to no damage to the deliciously damned. Eventually the Mummy catches an attempted lariat and pulls his opponent a bear hug! Armstrong struggles, but before he can escape Yummy Mummy picks him up and nails him with his finisher, the Rainbomb, to pick up the victory. Mummy was off his game in his debut

Total War

Once the Mummy shuffles backstage, it's time for the Main Event! Lex Luger and Kid Rock defeat Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page! Luger and Nash hoss off impressively, testing each other's strength and toughness with a meeting in the Chamber clearly in mind, and Nash seems to have the edge as Luger comes out of the exchange a bit woozy. Kid Rock tags himself in and flies, using his body as a living torpedo to take Big Sexy down with a plancha off the top rope while he's winded. Nash's long reach gets DDP into the fight despite Kid hitting him while he's down, and Page is viscious in his counter attack. Kid weathers the beating well, but Page clearly senses an opportunity to hurt his target.

The US Champ is half-dead when he manages a surprise spinning heel kick to earn some space, and he crawls to Luger to give him the hot tag. Luger blasts DDP with a series of shoulder blocks and clotheslines, then shoots him into an irish whip... but shockingly DDP uses the whip as an opportunity to grab Kid Rock over the ropes and explode him off the apron with an incredible Diamond Cutter! Luger seems shocked at being ignored, but decides to take advantage of Page's lack of attention and drags him into the Torture Rack to secure a submission victory.

Lex Luger grabs a mic after the match as Kid Rock is attended to by trainers and the heels retreat. He says he's got a message for 'The Flawless Diamond' Curt Hennig: "Your team may have come out on top at Uncensored, but this time there's going to be 10 tons of steel and chain between Nash and anyone trying to help him! Every one of you conspiracy freaks knows that alone, none of you stand a chance against Six Foot Four, 270, Four Percent Body Fat, The Total Package! And for that matter, no other man in WCW stands a chance either! I'm making a promise tonight, putting my pride as a Horseman on the line! I will personally eliminate Kevin Nash from the chamber, then go on to win the title, even if it means taking down my friend Ric Flair. Nothing personal Nature Boy, but we've gotta look at the big picture. We all know that the Flawless Diamonds need to be stopped. And if Lex Luger is world champion, that belt is untouchable! After Spring Stampede, there's going to be nothing left of Hennig's plans but DIAMOND DUST!" Luger poses for the crowd as the Horseman theme plays and the camera fades out.

This was a welcome step up from recent Nitros with several great segments, but pretty much everything after the opening promo was a letdown by comparison! I'd give the show a B-

Trying out some advanced formatting for increased readability. It always bugs me that match results stick out so much more than promos, so I'm going to see if some headings help!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm not a big fan of the format change tbh. I enjoy reading the recaps as though they were a real-time recounting of the show. The chapter headings especially seem out of place.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I think they're a step in the right direction. That was one of the first WCW writeups I could actually get through the first time around.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm glad this is still going! Keep writing, little writers! Keep making Kevin Nash eat wraps!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

*I never turned up to the meetings, I sat at home and collected paychecks :v:

drat, why you answer you phone?

Also... really, no one has figured David Schreck out yet? You guys must be lost.

That's a hint. :v:

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Welcome to Prograps Unlimited, Issue 40!

Good morning marks! Wrestlemania 13 is past us and already we've had an enormous week in news. Here's what we have to offer:

Ratings Update: RAW down to 3.37 (-0.06), Nitro up to 3.64 (+0.13). As we reported yesterday morning, Wrestlemania earned a 3.40 buyrate.

Extreme Revival: ECW has recently announced the return of Hardcore TV, but it is still unknown what role head owner and booker Paul Heyman will have on the show. As of now, it is possible that Heyman could be used as a manager, authority figure, or commentator; but of course, all this could change at any time.

Mex Express: There was an altercation backstage at this week's Nitro taping when Lex Luger tried to pick a fight with Psicosis. The cause is unknown, but the argument was broken up before any physicality started.

They Can All Kiss My rear end: In preparation for the Hardcore TV relaunch, ECW has cut Amish Roadkill, Black Boy, CW Anderson, and Gedo from their roster.

Trust Him: Jake "The Snake" Roberts has been hired as the head booker of QPW, an upstart promotion out of Quebec. He has already made several hires for QPW, including veteran Tully Blanchard and 17-year-old rookie Teddy Hart (of the legendary Hart dynasty).

He Still Sucks: David Schreck, who we recently reported as being hired by WCW, was said to have been wandering around backstage at the most recent Nitro show. Arena personnel were able to help him back to the locker room and reported that he was "lost and scared".

----------

Check in every week for the biggest news in the Monday Night War!

S.K.

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 14, 2014

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

quote:

Vic Venom introduces Shotgun Saturday Night, only to be quickly cut off by Dirty Dutch Dudley, talking up all three of his ill-defined relatives and also mocking Venom.

Dirty White Boy & Roadblock vs. Daniels & Helms, Roadblock pins Helms.

Pretape: Mark Henry, Pan-American Champion, explains how much he loves the nation of Uruguay, and how its name isn't funny.

Chris Candido vs. URSUS, Candido goes over with a roll-up and a handful of fur.

Taz hype video

Steve Corino vs. Kal Kirby, Corino goes over.

Pretape: Fucktrain yells (bleeped) swear words into a drainpipe.

Tatanka vs. Road Dogg Dudley, Tatanka pins Dogg with the End of the Trail.

Recap video of Goldust winning the WWF title

Pretape: Goldust delivers a monologue about how great it feels to be champion. Movie quotes abound.

Bart Gunn vs. Jerry Lynn, Lynn goes over.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

By the way, I'm moving, so I won't have good enough net access for the most part to get in the chatroom, so someone PM me when GCW has a show. I wanna kinda take charge of developmental. :v:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm pretty certain that we have no control over our developmental territories whatsoever

I mean, aside from signing / cutting / elevating

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Your development territories in TEW are totally independent of you other than the people you send to them.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

:frogsiren: ECW bookers, assemble in the IRC chat :frogsiren:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 17, 2014

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

WCW Saturday Night spoilers for Week 1 April, 1997

Rob Van Dam defeats Ekmo (with Kimo)

Bill Alfonso promo putting over Team X-treme

Alex Wright defeats Chavo Guerrero, Jr. Great chemistry, but Wright was off his game.

Rey Misterio, Jr. defeats Norman Smiley. Great chemistry.

Kevin Sullivan promo hyping Evad Sullivan

Shinya Hashimoto defeats Evad Sullivan

Raven and Madusa speak before Raven's match. Raven looked good and Madusa didn't.

Raven defeats Ultimo Dragon

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

I just want to post show write ups and stuff.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

WCW, could somebody come in and book Saturday Night?

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

:siren: Raw, Nitro and the B-shows will run in 24 hours. :siren: I'm posting a reminder because WWF and WCW both have some work left to do on their shows.
The WCW writer's room has been pretty empty as of late, so I'm sure they'd appreciate some new writers joining up.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 16, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Sorry, I've been swamped with an unusual number of school projects over the last week or so. I'll write up my portions tonight.

I'm gunshy on booking Saturday night because I'm not super familiar with how to maintain heat on guys in TEW and I don't want to kill anybody. But I'll add some stuff.

I'll be hanging out in IRC, I guess.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Sep 16, 2014

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Also I don't know how to book w/ Perfect Show Theory, but I'll add some stuff and y'all can pore over it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

You're not going to bury anybody for life on a B-show. I'm pretty sure they don't contribute to popularity.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

oh, well in that case

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I think we've got something like cards, we just need writers.

WCW really needs writers

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think we've got something like cards, we just need writers.

WCW really needs writers

WCW is always eager for more creative people. We're about to enter a VERY exciting period in our storytelling plans.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

Some statistics while we wait on the writeups for Raw and Nitro.

Top stars:

Biggest crowds:

Biggest buyrates:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I like this alternate universe where UK PPVs become WWFs new Wrestlemania

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Writeups should be done by now, right? What's the holdup?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

We've had ours done for days but Happyman said not to post it until after WCW and WWF since our show airs later in the game week.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Pretty sure ours was done by the deadline but I felt like a more senior writer should throw the show together. I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? If it's not up tomorrow I'll post it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

WCW's writeup has been a bit slow to come together, but I don't know if it's any specific reason. Probably just a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things after the whole thread transition drama. It should be up tomorrow.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Sanguinia posted:

WCW's writeup has been a bit slow to come together, but I don't know if it's any specific reason. Probably just a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things after the whole thread transition drama.

Same with WWF. It doesn't help that one of our biggest writers quit, and I don't have time to write.

Happyman
Jul 20, 2011

I think it would be better in a way if you kept the TV writeups simple and more like how a real live report would look, and only went long for PPV. It'd help with the pacing.

Happyman fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 20, 2014

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

But WCW shows are so big and grandiose that they're like little mini free PPV events.

:v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

Pretty sure ours was done by the deadline but I felt like a more senior writer should throw the show together. I guess it doesn't really matter, does it? If it's not up tomorrow I'll post it.

How about post it today because it's been six days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sounds like the big two's writing rooms are in chaos. Not like ECW, future biggest promotion in the world :smug:

• Locked thread