Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

A new season for TEW Raw vs Nitro. Truly this is the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Welcome to the new (old) players taking the reigns of ECW, and welcome back to our dear friend :russo: over at WWF! WCW just loves bein' in the wrasslin' business!

Our Year in Review post will be up as soon as I get home from work, and you can expect to see the first new episode of Monday Nitro soon after. And if you're even THINKING about reading our competitor's post, don't, because I've just been informed that tonight Mick Foley is going to win their world title. HEH, that'll put some butts in the seats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

Meanwhile in Philly, anyone want to buy $4 in ECW merchandise or a 1996 F-150? We need to stay in business until the big-rear end check clears next week.

Paul Heyman is such an accomplished liar that the giant quotation marks around "big rear end check" aren't even visible!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

After doing some brain storming I can say I'm very excited at the basically everything we've come up with so far.

And well, well, well... we get to write Gertner promos :smuggo:

You should hire Tugboat and have Gertner manage him as the Vanilla-Flavored Seaman.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

loving dirt sheets leaking our year long storyline :argh:

Scandal in the Wrestling World! WCW reveals competitors plans!

Eric Bischoff could not be reached for comment but reports claim when he heard about the "crybaby tears," his actions elicited he put his cocaine/hooker party on hold long enough to go onto the roof and shoot a bird in the general directions of Philidelphia and Titan Towers.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

So how's that post-Mania Nitro doing, WCW?

Any comments, Sang?

I Before E posted:

This post is amazing in hindsight.

What's REALLY Amazing is that I was like an INCH from putting Goldust instead of Foley. It seemed more thematically appropriate for your brand. I never thought you'd actually go through with the Cash In so suddenly because there had really been no build for it or mention of the case for a while.

I'll post the Post-Mania Nitro shortly, I was hoping for a chance to talk to Skunkrocker before it went up but I haven't seen him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

That's really cool! Never thought of Goldust as IRL Foley. By the way, there were always the idea of Goldust cashing in here, that's concrete.

Well, I wouldn't put Goldust as equivalent to Foley right now, though given the kind of Face characters that worked for him in real life I think he could certainly fit that slot.

Ironically I'd say his biggest IRL Counterpart right now is Edge circa '05-'06. The way he talks and acts, his ring psychology, his general character, and his methods for generating heel heat are the kind that would make Internet smarks love him but would make the kind of smarks that go to shows boo him out of the building. Just like Edge during the lead up to the original MITB cash in.

Regarding the cash in, I guess the thing that was weird to me isn't that you did the cash in without any direct build to it happening, because it being a surprise is why it worked the first time IRL, it's more than Goldust event HAVING the case was mostly forgotten since he won it. It was very rare for him to mention it at all, or threaten to use it, or whatever.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It's TIME!

quote:

It's the first week of April 1997, and on the night after some other chump's biggest show of the year, WCW was NOT to be upstaged with two weeks left until Spring Stampede! Here's the rundown:

To Be The Man...

Monday Nitro opens with a great big WOOOOO! It's WCW Champion Ric Flair! Flair comes out to the ring and discusses the Elimination Chamber. Not only is he facing an entirely new kind of wrestling match, a never before seen style of cage, and the prospect of having to beat five other men, but those five may be the most dangerous collection of opponents he's ever fought! This will without a doubt be the toughest challenge of the Nature Boy's career. "But frankly, I CAN'T WAIT! At Spring Stampede I'm gonna walk that aisle, walk into that chamber, and style and profile over every one of those bad boys! I'm gonna beat Mitchel's monster Muta! I'm gonna beat Heenan's bruiser Meng! I'm gonna beat my man, The Total Package Lex Luger! And most important of all, I'm gonna beat that lummox Kevin Nash! I swear to almighty God that the Flawless Diamonds will NEVER get their grubby mits on the WCW Championship! And Hennig, if you want my gold, you better send everything you got, becuase your jacked-up Jackknife doesn't stand a chance! WOOOOOO!"

Flair struts for the crowd, but his celebration is interrupted by Pomp and Circumstance as he's interrupted by Macho Man Randy Savage! "You better hold all four of those horses there Nature Boy!... You took some trouble to list off your opponents, yeah, but I couldn't help but notice a glaring oversight, yeah! A little SOMETHING missing from your CALCULATIONS! Every one of the boys in that match wants to beat Ric Flair for the World Title, but I've got a reminder for YOU Ric... I'M THE ONLY ONE WHO'S DONE IT BEFORE! Ooooh, you remember don't you Nature Boy? You tried everything to beat the Macho Man! You tried mind games, you tried brass knuckles, you tried your precious Figure Four, but when the night was over it was ME! RANDY SAVAGE! LEAVING YOU ON THE MAT! GETTING THE ONE-TWO-THREE! No, no, I haven't forgotten Nature Boy. The Macho Man remembers it all! He remembers what it feels like to bring down a legend! To hoist the gold and KNOW he's THE BETTER MAN!

Listen close Ric Flair. You've changed from what I used to know, you deserve some respect. So I'm giving you a fair warning. I'm coming for YOU! Lex Luger's never beat you in a match for the title! Kevin Nash has never been a WCW Champion! I've done both! Meng's got Heenan's family, but after what we've been through EVERY SCREAMIN' FAN IN THE STANDS is part of my Family! And that FREAKAZOID Muta's may have some kind of power, but I've got a power too! I GOT THE POWER OF MACHO MADNESS! AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN ALMOST A YEAR, I'VE GOT A SHOT AT THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! SO YOU BETTER BE READY TO FACE THE STORM! OH YEAAAAAH!" Both guys were amazing off-script, the crowd exploded for this promo!

Battle Cruisers

As the crowd cooled off from that hot opening, backstage Rey Mysterio and his manager Beulah McGillicutty catch Heavy Metal and his manager Konnan on his way to the ring. Rey warns the young rookie that his opponent, the mysterious Ciclope, has been fighting an all out war with him on WCW Saturday Nights. Anyone who associates with Psicosis can't be trusted to fight fair, so Rey offers to accompany Metal to the ring and be in his corner. Metal graciously accepts.

Heavy Metal (with Rey, Konnan and Beulah) defeats Ciclope via DQ for a shot at the Cruiser Title! - Ciclope looks very strong, countering much of Metal's offense with his technical skills despite Konnan's coaching. The young rookie does get in a few big hits, including a missile drop kick that sends Ciclope all the way to the floor. Enraged by the counter-attack, Ciclope attempts to steal a victory by rolling Metal up with his feet on the ropes, but Mysterio is able to make the ref see it before he counts the three. Ciclope is livid when the ref breaks up the fall and snaps, punching the official in the face for a DQ. Heavy Metal is declared Number One Contender, and will face Alex Wright at Spring Stampede!

Gold and Diamonds

Kid Rock cut's a promo to the camera backstage. The US Champ talks up his big victory at Uncensored in the Fatal Fourway, and how he's ready to take on his next challenger. As he talks DDP appears out of the dark with a crocodile smirk, and says he's glad to hear it. Kid refuses to be intimated, and points out that he's already taken care of one Flawless Diamond and he's got no reason to be afraid of another one. "Maybe you're right, Kid. How about another three?"

The Outsiders appear as quickly as Page did and ambush Kid Rock. There is a chase down the hallway as the US Champ fights for his life, getting in a few shots but mostly defenseless three-on-one in the tight backstage corridors where he can't use his high-flying moves. They break into the catering area... where they find Sting and Lex Luger, who leap to the rescue! After another minute Rick Rude arrives with security and breaks up the fight, then arranges for tonight's Main Event to be a tag match: Chamber participants Kevin Nash and Lex Luger were scheduled to face off, but now US Champ Kid Rock will team up with Luger and the man who wants his title, Diamond Dallas Page, will join Nash! Nash looked good. Kid Rock did not.

Back in the ring Eddy Guerrero defeats Jeff Jarrett and Dan "The Beast" Severn. - The former teammates seem more focused on each other than Eddy, and the champ is glad to take advantage. Latino Heat's agility allows him to counter Severn's grappling and submission holds, and his toughness allows him to endure Jarret's strikes and suplexes. In the end a Three Amigos leaves Jarret stunned, and a Springboard Tornado DDT followed up with a Jacknife Splash lets Eddy pick up the three over Severn.

After the match, the Flawless Diamond theme hits and Raven and Madusa hit the ring. Raven congratulates Eddy on managing to defeat DDP, "But the Flawless Diamonds need that title, Guerrero. We won't accept anything less than perfection. So now you're under Raven's shadow, and I'm going to snuff out your flame. Face me for the TV title at Spring Stampede!" Eddy refuses.

Raven goads Eddy, asking rhetorically if the chosen son of the Guerrero clan is just a coward, but Latino Heat retorts "Listen up, Holmes. You Flawless Diamonds have been talking a big game since you showed up. You said you've been controlling every wrestling company there is behind the scenes for years. Well I got news for you ese, NOBODY CONTROLS LATINO HEAT! I AIN'T GONNA DANCE ON YOUR PUPPET STRINGS! So as far as I'm concerned, you and all your boys can get to the back of the line. There's a lot of guys in that locker room that deserve a shot at the champ. And ain't none of them wearing robes!" Eddy looked good in the match, but wasn't good offscript

Sharks Hunting Dogs

Backstage, VK Wallstreet is pacing furiously as Kanyon speaks on a big grey brick of a cellular phone. Finally he snaps it shut. "Briefcase just gave me the go ahead, boss. Now all we need to do is get that idiot to sign the contract and Eaton's Weiners will be a subsidiary of Wallstreet Enterprises." Wallstreet is exstatic at the news and instructs his junior VP to send a nice fruit basket over to thank the lawyers. "Well... a cheap fruit basket."

The Movie Buffs defeat the Nasty Boys. - Knobbs and Sags start off looking strong, using team tactics to isolate Morris and playing to the crowd as they get one over on the Heenan Family. But when Morris makes the tag, Shark destroys everything in his path. He looks like a monster, roaring and nailing both men with huge power moves. He leaves Knobbs slumped over in the corner after pounding him with hammer blows to the head until he collapses, then finishes Saggs with a huge Shark Bomb for the pinfall.

Shark shouts for Rick Rude after the match. He roars that he won't allow himself to be the weak link in the Heenan family, that he's not a guppy and he still has all his teeth. He demands to be put in a match with Rick Steiner, and threatens to go on a rampage if he's not given what he wants. Rick Rude calms him down and makes Steiner/Shark for Spring Stampede, and Shark shouts to Bobby Heenan in the back that he's going to eat the Dog-Face Gremlin alive!

Hatred Born Anew

Chris Benoit is lifting some weights in the locker room, and asks Woman to grab him a bottle of water. When she leaves, he suddenly sets down his weight and calls out to Arn Anderson, telling him to stop lurking. Arn appears, loosening his tie and rolling up his sleeves. He tells Chris he really didn't appreciate that little speech from last week, that he'd embarrassed his former employer. Benoit says all he did was tell Arn what he needed to hear, and if any part of their friendship still existed he'd understand that. Arn simply shakes his head, gently cupping Benoit's chin in his hand. "You broke my heart Chris."

Suddenly Hogan body checks Benoit into the wall, and the Megabusters begin to beat him down. Anderson grabs Benoit by the hair as he slumps to the floor and asks if that was "real" enough for him. Hogan suggests that maybe he'll feel better after he "comes to his senses." The heels laugh as they leave Benoit in a bloody heap.

Back in the arena, a video package begins to play and a charged rallying cry echoes through the arena - “WE ARE THE NATION”. Immediately, fast and intricate hand drum patterns sound out, propulsive and deep, giving the entrance a martial feel. Short, rapid-fire clips of riots, firehoses used against pedestrians, missile launches, and raised black fists, shown from a variety of creative angles. After a few seconds of this, the clips cut to a black screen displaying, in red bold type, “THE NATION OF DOMINATION”. At least two dozen black men, outfitted in black fatigues and black berets, begin marching in single file from the stage. As they reach the ring, they break file and stand to face one another. From the stage, Teddy Long, Ron Simmons, and the newcomers known as Aaron Muhammad and Nelson X begin walking, heads held high, through the corridor of men at attention, and as the group passes, each man raises a gloved fist. As the group enters the ring, the black-clad men lower their arms and return to the back. Long takes the time to look out on the crowd, his eyes steely, before raising a microphone to his face. “Look around you.” He gestures about at the men assembled in the ring. “Look upon these men. Do you see what I see? Do you see strength? Intelligence? Character? Do you see champions?” Simmons visibly grimaces. “No. No you do not. You look upon the black man and you see a brute, an animal.” Long shakes his head. “How many years have we of the black race groveled and toiled to prove to the white man that they have nothing to fear? Decades? Centuries? And for what? To be shunted into sideshows, used as stepping stones, thrown in prison, beaten on the streets by men you people call heroes."

"Well, no more. The white man and his Uncle Tom toadies have put out a call for open season on the black man. Standing before you, in this very ring, is the answer to that call in kind. The Nation is here. The white empire and their allies will learn it is right to fear us, because we do not fear them." Long strides to Simmons and hands him the microphone. Simmons speaks, staring directly into the hard camera. “The day I realized that the Nation of Domination must rise, I wore these colors. I walked the streets of Atlanta and young black men would come up and ask me, what do the colors mean? I told them, the colors are the flag of a new Nation, a nation of Black strength. And they would ask me how they could become a part of it. So I asked them a question in return: where were you? Where were you when I was cheated out of the WCW United States title? Where were you then? And where are you now? I told them what I will tell all appeasers and collaborators: The Nation has no place for weakness of body or will. We are the strong. We accept no consolations, we take what is in our power to take. WE are the Nation of Domination, and make no mistake - any man who calls himself black but has colluded with our enemy is not our brother. When the Nation rises, and it will, you will not be recognized. Consider that your warning."

The Nation of Domination (Simmons and Nelson) defeat the Rock'n'Roll Express - After the express make their entrance and we begin with Rick Morton and Nelson X in the ring. They lock up and Morton gets the advantage early, landing right hands and knee lifts. Morton hits a suplex and goes for another, but is reversed, and X dives to make the tag to Simmons, with Morton tagging in a fresh Gibson in response as Simmons' imposing figure enters the ring. Gibson tries to start trading strikes but Simmons immediately overwhelms him, then whips him into the ropes before hitting a huge one-handed spinebuster that shakes the ring. Simmons then hits the Dominator for the three.

The Cold, The King, and The Curse

Dusty Rhodes interviews Glacier. The American Dream notes that Glacier hasn't been seen on Nitro since his slim tag team victory alongside Randy Savage, and was nowhere to be found at Uncensored. Glacier explains that he was meditating on the threat of Wrath. On Saturday Night he issued a challenge to Wrath that has thus far gone unanswered. Now he knows that Wrath won't come to him, Mitchell is too smart to allow that. He has no choice but to go on the offensive if he wants to stop Wrath, and now is the perfect time: The Great Muta cannot protect his comrade while he prepares for the Elimination Chamber, and Mitchell's greedy eyes will be locked on the WCW Championship. Mitchell's other forces are still between him and his enemy, but he refuses to be stopped until Wrath falls, and James Mitchell's blood runs cold!

King Steven Regal defeats Konnan. Konnan is clearly energized after celebrating his protege's victory, but Regal is having none of it, blasting his target with some very stiff body blows and european-style uppercuts to destroy any momentum. Once wounded Konnan is quickly taken apart despite impressive attempts to recover by dodging Regal's blows into suplexes. While they do give him some breathing room, these attacks seem to only drive Regal to be more vicious, and it isn't long before His Majesty nails the Knee Trembler to put Konnan down.

Regal addresses his subjects after the match, saying he's give much thought to the problem of proving his worthiness for the title. "The Divine Right of Royalty should put us above something as petty as proving our worth. Still, we must accept that fact that even Arthur was not made king until he drew Excalibur. Therefore we shall accept that a demonstration of our absolute power is needed. By Royal Decree, King Regal the First hereby issues a warrant of execution! We shall wait here in our ring until such time as one of the peasants in the locker room enters our pressence. And once he does, The King will personally put him to the sword!" Regal drops his mike and stands tall, until OOOOOOOOOHHHH WHAT A RUSH!

Road Warrior Hawk hits the ring and Regal books it out of there rather than fighting. Hawk works the crowd as Regal falls back up the ramp, mocking the monarch, but Regal just keeps shouting "You're a dead man, Hawk! A dead man!"

The lights fade after the ring clears, and there is a video on the TurnerTron once again featuring the lost temple. The place is a wreck now, the fruit emblems shattered and pastel colors splattered all over the walls in what would look like bloodstains if they were actually red. The scene is deadly quiet until one of the scientists from the other videos drags himself into the frame. An unidentifiable but colorful residue stains his clothes and his face. He struggles, but manages to speak a final warning to the audience: "Run for your lives... the Yummy Mummy's curse has arrived!" Suddenly, the Yummy Mummy himself appears from the entrance ramp, colored an odd shade of green, wearing a candy-colored mask and gear. Happy pop music plays him to the ring where Steve Armstrong is already waiting.

Yummy Mummy defeats Steve Armstrong. While Yummy Mummy moves very slowly, Amstrong's offense does little to no damage to the deliciously damned. Eventually the Mummy catches an attempted lariat and pulls his opponent a bear hug! Armstrong struggles, but before he can escape Yummy Mummy picks him up and nails him with his finisher, the Rainbomb, to pick up the victory. Mummy was off his game in his debut

Total War

Once the Mummy shuffles backstage, it's time for the Main Event! Lex Luger and Kid Rock defeat Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page! Luger and Nash hoss off impressively, testing each other's strength and toughness with a meeting in the Chamber clearly in mind, and Nash seems to have the edge as Luger comes out of the exchange a bit woozy. Kid Rock tags himself in and flies, using his body as a living torpedo to take Big Sexy down with a plancha off the top rope while he's winded. Nash's long reach gets DDP into the fight despite Kid hitting him while he's down, and Page is viscious in his counter attack. Kid weathers the beating well, but Page clearly senses an opportunity to hurt his target.

The US Champ is half-dead when he manages a surprise spinning heel kick to earn some space, and he crawls to Luger to give him the hot tag. Luger blasts DDP with a series of shoulder blocks and clotheslines, then shoots him into an irish whip... but shockingly DDP uses the whip as an opportunity to grab Kid Rock over the ropes and explode him off the apron with an incredible Diamond Cutter! Luger seems shocked at being ignored, but decides to take advantage of Page's lack of attention and drags him into the Torture Rack to secure a submission victory.

Lex Luger grabs a mic after the match as Kid Rock is attended to by trainers and the heels retreat. He says he's got a message for 'The Flawless Diamond' Curt Hennig: "Your team may have come out on top at Uncensored, but this time there's going to be 10 tons of steel and chain between Nash and anyone trying to help him! Every one of you conspiracy freaks knows that alone, none of you stand a chance against Six Foot Four, 270, Four Percent Body Fat, The Total Package! And for that matter, no other man in WCW stands a chance either! I'm making a promise tonight, putting my pride as a Horseman on the line! I will personally eliminate Kevin Nash from the chamber, then go on to win the title, even if it means taking down my friend Ric Flair. Nothing personal Nature Boy, but we've gotta look at the big picture. We all know that the Flawless Diamonds need to be stopped. And if Lex Luger is world champion, that belt is untouchable! After Spring Stampede, there's going to be nothing left of Hennig's plans but DIAMOND DUST!" Luger poses for the crowd as the Horseman theme plays and the camera fades out.

This was a welcome step up from recent Nitros with several great segments, but pretty much everything after the opening promo was a letdown by comparison! I'd give the show a B-

Trying out some advanced formatting for increased readability. It always bugs me that match results stick out so much more than promos, so I'm going to see if some headings help!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

I think we've got something like cards, we just need writers.

WCW really needs writers

WCW is always eager for more creative people. We're about to enter a VERY exciting period in our storytelling plans.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

WCW's writeup has been a bit slow to come together, but I don't know if it's any specific reason. Probably just a bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things after the whole thread transition drama. It should be up tomorrow.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

quote:

The show opens with Arn Anderson and Hulk Hogan gloating over their complete destruction of Benoit. Hogan notes that a skinny frenchy-named midget like Benoit could never stand up before the HULKAMANIA PYTHONS BROTHER. Anderson is more subdued, and reminds the audience that the Megabusters were formed so that two of the biggest names in the history of the business could solve each other's problems, and he considers Benoit solved. Before they can do any more scoffing Benoit interrupts and stares them down in the ring. He says that Hogan made a big mistake by ambushing him. "This used to be a private matter between old friends trying to settle things. Now it was about payback."

At Spring Stampede he plans to face the Megabusters as a team. Right on cue, The Giant joins Benoit in the ring. Anderson and Hogan scoff, and Anderson says they've both beaten Giant before and now that they're united he's no threat. Benoit says that if that's true, then the Megabusters should accept the match. After all, their opponents are nothing but a couple of losers. Benoit and Giant attack, laying into Hogan and Anderson and chasing them out of the ring. The Megabusters retreat up the ramp, and Anderson shouts that if Benoit wants to commit suicide he'll be happy to oblige. The match is on!

Next up, The Nation of Domination defeats Team X-treme's RVD and Sabu. Aaron Muhammad starts by giving RVD a taste of his own medicine with powerful kicks, but RVD counters a followup suplex with one of his own before nailing a corner shoulder block. Bill Alfonso blows his whistle excitedly on the outside. Sabu tags in and pulls Muhammad into a scoop slam, then goes for a springboard moonsault… but Muhammad rolls away and tags in Simmons! Sabu attempts to use his speed, ducking a clothesline and attempting a springboard splash, but Simmons catches him and brings him down for a devastating ribbreaker! Simmons follows with three drop suplexes, then brings the exhausted Arabian down with a Dominator for the three.

After the fall is counted, Too Cold Scorpio slides in and pulls the comatose Sabu out of the ring as Teddy raises his team's arms. RVD holds off Nelson X with a chair as they carry a half-dead but still eager Sabu up the ramp while he points and yells as Simmons.

Long brandishes a mic. "I don't think they've had enough, Mr. Simmons." Simmons just stares back at Scorpio as Nelson stands at ringside and Muhammad leans over the ropes. "Well that's just fine by me. Team X-Treme? Allow me to extend to you an opportunity. This Sunday, at Spring Stampede, the Nation's ascent to dominance begins. I offer to you the distinct honor of being the first pawns of empire to be broken and tossed aside. Take it or leave it." Scorpio nods his head and yells back inaudibly, a fire in his eyes. The announcers state that we've just seen a match come together – Too Cold Scorpio versus Ron Simmons, live at Spring Stampede!

Backstage, Kid Rock and DDP are both in Rick Rude's office. Kid demands a match with DDP looking to get payback for last week, but Page refuses. Commissioner Rude suggests that he might be more willing if Kid puts the US title on the line at Spring Stampede. Kid hesitates since he knows a US title shot is playing right into the Flawless Diamonds hands, but getting his hands on DDP is worth it so he agrees.

Shockingly, DDP thinks a moment and turns him down. Kid is incensed, and demands to know why DDP won't fight him. "I'll take your title Kid. But unlike Raven I'm not going to waste my shot by underestimating you. I'm going to take you apart, piece by piece. I'm going to break your spirit and your body. And when your life is in ashes... then maybe I'll take that belt from you." DDP gives him a predatory smirk and Self-High Fives before leaving the room.

In the ring, Alex Wright (with his partners Doug Williams and Ciclope on the ring apron) grabs a mic and berates Heavy Metal. The Cruiser Champ calls his opponent a pathetic rookie in over hi head. He didn't really earn his that title shot, he was gifted it by an overzealous referee. Heavy Metal has no hope of defeating a veteran and a true champion, and this tag match will prove it!

Heavy Metal, Konnan, and Rey Misterio, Jr. defeat the New Blue Bloods and Ciclope. Ciclope spends all his focus laying into Misterio, fighting him both in and outside of the ring, clearly not ready to forgive his part in last weeks loss. Konnan has an impressive suplex contest with Williams. But the real show is Heavy Metal, who explodes into some high-flying offense that leaves Wright dazed. Taking advantage, he manages to lock Wright into his finisher, a Crucifix Armbar with neckscissors to increase the torque. Schiovani refers to the maneuver as the Heavy Metal Cradle. Wright escapes before he is forced to tap, but with him hurt and Ciclope chasing Mysterio it's a simple matter for Metal to pin Williams with a La Casita.

Backstage Ric Flair and Lex Luger invite Macho Man Randy Savage into the Horsemen locker room. The three of them seem a little tense around each other after they all called each other out last week. Luger and Savage trade a few smug comments, but Flair calms them down. "I know we got our problems, my main men, but we gotta bury that hatchet and work as a team! Savage, Luger, we settle our problems on Sunday, in the Chamber! Agreed?" The three exchange handshakes.

Eddy Guerrero defeats Brutus Briefcase. Briefcase tries a variety of offensive tactics, but Eddy is able to wrestle circles around him, counter grappling and striking with his superior technical skills. He nails a Frog Splash and picks up a pin with relative ease. Raven is on guest commentary in place of Tenay, and he mentions that sadly he cannot force Eddy to face him for the TV Title. But he also promises that before this is over, Eddy will be practically BEGGING Raven to wrestle him for the title.

The Thrillseekers defeat Fire and Ice. The larger men attempt to enforce their will on the up-and-comers through physical force and aggressive tactics, the same they've shown in every match since Wrath first corrupted them. However, Lance Storm's technical submission style is able to turn the tide and wear down Norton, while Cage puts on a show of agility and toughness, enduring Ice Train's hits and striking back with powerful shots. Cage picks up the win when he nails The Showstopper for a three-count.

Mitchel grabs a mic after the match and congratulates the Thrillseekers. "I've made it my mission in life to recognize when a power is rising. That's why I aligned myself with the Great Muta. Thanks to my guidance, Muta will become WCW Champion in a mere six days! And now that he's near his peak, I can see the Thrillseekers are the rising power. I knows you boys want the Tag Team Championships, and I can give you the power you need to defeat the Outsiders!" Christian flatly refuses, but Mitchel just laughs as Wrath enters. His pressence seems to influence Cage and Storm just like it once did to Fire and Ice, but suddenly Glacier rushes the ring!

He attempts a Cryon Bomb, but Wrath reverses and hits the Meltdown! Mitchel laughs and calls Glacier a fool. "Wrath has defeated you at every turn, it's clear that you're no match for him! But I know how desperate you are, Mr. Glacier, perhaps even desperate enough to interfere with Muta's shot at the title. So I'll give you what you want: Wrath, one-on-one, at Spring Stampede. It will be a match Glacier will never forget! I may be wrong... but I doubt it!"

Sting defeats Dan "The Beast" Severn. Severn fights aggressively, perhaps looking to take out some of his anger toward Jarret on the Stinger. His MMA-style offense does seem to flummox Sting as first, but every attempt to seal the match with the Dragon Sleeper is countered. Sting comes back with a vengeance, nailing a Stinger Splash and a big vertical suplex before going to the mat and hammering away with a little MMA-inspired fighting of his own! The Scorpion Death Drop soon makes the victory academic.

After commercial, a familiar set is in the ring. "Welcome to the Eric Bischoff Show! I'm your host, Elegant Eric. With me as always are Kimo and Ekmo. Tonight's topic is the Elimination Chamber! Now, if you want to talk to Elegent Eric and my guest, just dial 1-900-909-9900. Remember, keep the conversation about the Elimination Chamber. Tonight's guests are involved in the Elimination Chamber in one way or another. Bobby Heenan, and Family members Meng and the Shark!" The crew make their way down the entrance ramp; Heenan and Shark sit while Meng stands.

"Welcome back to the show, Bobby." "Thanks, Elegant Eric." "By the way, what happened to..." "That bum? I dropped him like a bad habit." "Alright. Now, the Elimination Chamber, which was my idea, is this Sunday at Spring Stampede. Is this the best idea for a match, or do you think I've got a better one in me?" Heenan gives a snide look to Bischoff. "Eric, people ask me, is my managing of wrestlers business or pleasure? I tell them it's for both. Meng winning the WCW World Heavyweight Championship is all business, but the Shark finally taking down that pea-brained little Dog-Faced Gremlin? That's pleasure."

"Alright," says Bischoff, "we're short on time, so callers, I apologize, but I'm only taking one call. Line 1, you're on!" "HE'S FAT!" Bischoff hangs up. "Listen up, loser. If you wanted to stay with the company, you wouldn't have gotten caught! No one makes a fool of Elegant Eric! NO ONE!" Bischoff knocks over the phone and switchboard to the shock of Kimo and Ekmo. "Ahem. That's all the time we have on the Eric Bischoff Show, next time, I might introduce another blockbuster match." The Shark''s eyes light up. "Not that kind of Blockbuster." The Shark's eyes go down, sad. "Good night!"

Yummy Mummy defeats Taka Michinoku. Taka puts on his usual show of high-impact Japanese-style offense, but once again Yummy Mummy appears to be as invulnerable as he is delicious. Despite Taka's superior speed he is eventually cornered and beaten savagely before being laid out by the Rainbomb for a pinfall.

The camera cuts to the lair of the Flawless Diamonds. Curt Hennig is in private counsel with the Outsiders. Nash tells him that he's spoken with Meng and Muta, and the two men are ready to do their part tonight. Hennig approves of Nash's plan to arrange the six-man tag match as a way to weaken their opponents, especially because it's clear that the good guys already have fractured loyalties. Hall notes that since he can't lend a hand inside the chamber, he'll make sure to provide as much "help," as he can tonight. Hennig says that if all goes according to plan, tonight will seal their victory.

Road Warrior Hawk is interviewed by Dusty Rhodes, and explains that it's been a rough year for him. First he lost one tag partner, then he was betrayed by another, and when he tried to stop Hennig's plans he was run over. Now he feels like he's spinning out on an empty highway, and this might be his last chance to get his bike running strait before he crashes and burns. When Steven Regal issued an open challenge, he saw an opportunity to remind everyone that Hawk is still flying, and the name of the Road Warriors will be redeemed!

His rant is interrupted by Steven Regal, who ignores Dusty completely and stares down Hawk. "There's only one punishment when filth like you puts their hands on the Royal Person, Road Warrior. Execution is too merciful. You're going to suffer something much worse. Humiliation. We will make you into our own personal jester. Your name will not be redeemed, it will be made into a joke, synonymous with laughter and scorn for a hundred generations. And that will be quite... a rush."

Rick Steiner defeats Kevin Sullivan If Steiner is concerned at all by Shark's viciousness the previous week or Heenan's threats in the interview he doesn't show it. The Dog-Faced Gremlin takes it to the Taskmaster, who by comparison seems to be in a foul mood. The match shows off some good catch-as-catch-can grappling, and while Sullivan is not completely outclassed Steiner's mastery of suplexes gives him a decisive edge. Sullivan nails a big belly-to-belly suplex of his own and tries to stage a comeback by climbing the ropes, but Steiner counters by throwing him off the turnbuckle, then climbing himself and hitting the flying clothesline. Steiner quickly secures the pinfall.

Backstage, Bobby Eaton signs the contract he presented by VK Wallstreet for a match at Spring Stampede. Eaton says he wasn't eager for another match, but this is an offer he can't refuse: If Wallstreet wins, Eaton's Wieners will belong to Wallstreet Enterprises... but if he loses Wallstreet Enterprises will be sold to WCW and all the proceeds donated to charity! He promises to strike a blow for all the businessmen who ever got a taste of the corporate boot. Wallstreet says Eaton better learn to like corporate boot, because he won't be eating any hotdogs after Sunday.

Kevin Nash (w/ Scott Hall), Meng and The Great Muta defeat Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and "Macho Man" Randy Savage. The match is a showcase of the potential matchups we might see in the Chamber. Muta matches his unorthodox styles against Savage's veteran instincts and skills. Meng and Luger hoss off with powerful body blows and shoulder blocks. Nash renews his rivalry with Luger by unloading his Big Boot, and Flair renews his rivalry with Nash by targeting his knees and forcing him to the mat. Muta shows Flair how the Japanese prefer their knife-edge chops and introduces him to the Dragon Screw, and Luger hits Muta like an oncoming train with his Running Forearm.

The ring is chaotic, but Luger seems poised to win as he sets Muta up for the Torture Rack. But Hall finally makes his presence known, tripping Savage and causing him to fall off the apron. Flair, Savage and the ref are all distracted as Meng locks in a surprised Tongan Death Grip on Luger! Muta tags in Nash as Flair rushes in to help his fellow Horseman, which allows Muta to join Scott Hall in attacking Savage on the outside! As Macho Man is beaten to a pulp (but gets in blows on Muta in the process), Flair knocks Meng out of the ring and Luger uses the last of his strength to lariat Nash to the canvas! Flair is able to drag Luger back to their corner and tag himself in while Nash recovers.

The Nature Boy and Big Sexy square off one-on-one, the rest of their teams out of the fight. Tension in the crowd rises as Nash and Flair lock up... only for Scott Hall covertly knock down the ref! Nash uses the opportunity to life his gigantic knee into Flair's groin, hitting a blatant low blow and dragging the defenseless Flair up to land a monster Jacknife! The ref is woozy but manages to count the 1-2-3, and Kevin Nash cheats his way to a dirty pinfall over the World Champion!

After the pinfall, Hennig cuts a promo from the top of the ramp on Flair, taunting him about losing to Nash. "You know, just watching I could tell that you could have easily won that match Ric. Really, any of your teammates could have. Speaking as an outside observer, the problem was pretty obvious. You three were all trying to sabotage each other! After all, what consequence is a single match on Nitro if it means that two of your competitors in the Elimination Chamber might be crippled? It's sad really, that you'd secretly betray your team like that. And that's why you'll never be able to stop the Flawless Diamonds Ric. We're united! Even when we were all part of different companies, the bond of the Diamonds was unbreakable! Compared to that what use are the Four Horsemen or Macho Madness? Nothing but lies, cloaks to hide your knives behind... until you're ready to stick them in your friend's backs!"

Luger, who was growing more and more agitated by the speech, snaps and attacks the Heels. A brawl breaks out in the ring between all the Chamber participants... except Nash. He and Hall squirm away, and the Flawless Diamonds have a big laugh while their competition destroy each other. Hall raises Nash's arm, and Ventura notes that come Sunday, we might be looking at a Flawless victory. He expects to see another title under Hennig's control next week when they crown Kevin Nash as new WCW Champion!

Another B- Nitro for WCW, keeping the trend going.

Some people didn't like the headings last week, so here it is without them.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Blue Man Power Trip is adorable and KURT ANGLE IS TAKING OVER ECW! OH MAI GAWD!

...trying to simulate Joey Styles in text is harder than trying to simulate JR.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 22, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Following Manifesto Has Been Provided For The Enlightenment Of The Masses By The Flawless Diamond.

For months people have asked me why I surrendered my position as Commissioner if my plan was the conquest of WCW. They ask what madness led me to give up a position of real authority, the power to book matches and control wrestlers, just to capture a title from Hulk Hogan? Those people betray the limitations inherent to the uninitiated.

The Flawless Diamonds have controlled every wrestling company active in the world today without needing to be commissioners or owners or presidents. The Outsiders did not need the power to book matches when they ruled the North. Raven did not require the power to sign free agent wrestlers to become undisputed master of Barb Wire City. Madusa had no need for a corner office and a secretary when she held companies in both the United States and Japan in the palm of her hand. And after I abrogated my false crown to Rick Rude, his mighty status as Commissioner did not empower him to stop Dallas Page from furthering our goals, as he had all along here in WCW.

You ask me why I chose to no longer be Commissioner? I ask you: Do you have any idea how much power I had to give up to be Commissioner?

Soon, Kevin Nash will become WCW Champion. That will be the true beginning. Stand ready for the next phase of the future.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Sep 22, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I Before E posted:

I'd just like to take a moment to take a bow, as this storyline was basically my baby.

It really was a gem. Right up there with the best stuff on our side. There were one or two points where I kind of felt like it drooped, but the Hell in the Cell match really brought it home in a stellar way. Hopefully there will be a nice long chase to culminate in a god-tier Owen vs Goldust title match.

Although I'm going to take this opportunity to take a shot at you for being so proud of your moviestar uses magic to control zombie wizard feud after you were so harsh about my time travel feud.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 23, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Senerio posted:

Taker's urn is a cornerstone of Pro Wrestling. Time Travel isn't.

Yes, clearly Undertaker's is the ONLY weirdness to get a pass because of it's legacy status, and Time Travel was going too far in this industry where literal space man Stardust is a Tag Team Champion in 2014.

Also WWF has a wrestling bear.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Looking forward to seeing if ECW can hold it together - TEW doesn't make it easy for cult-level feds tangling with national/international behemoths

Keep in mind that ECW has access to a vast network of other cult-level feds that have formed an alliance against us. They can bring in a job out a LOT of top tier talent from Japan, Mexico and lower level places around the US and Canada.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

We're in some kind of massive global conspiracy to overthrow the Big Two. I think it's run by Jeff Jarrett. #JoinTheForce

Jeff Jarrett's conspiracy is just another red herring meant to throw marky marks off the scent of the Flawless Diamonds.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

RZApublican posted:

Knocked down two towers, never drew a dime.

Now I'm sad that Jarret and Severn never wrestled Bubba and One Man Gang while they were all tag teams.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Well, we're not going to be left out!

:siren: TEAM WCW, REPORT TO IRC ASAP FOR IMPORTANT STUFF :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

I am pleased to announce that we have just signed legislation outlawing WCW forever. The burial begins in ten minutes.

Also Sandman is the new WWF champion.

Excuse me, but WCW doesn't DO burials. We have Avalanche Matches. :COLDbert:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Happyman posted:

The shows for this week start running in 5-6 hours. All teams, go in if you can and give your shows a last once-over.

You heard the man gentlemen, :siren: Team WCW assemble to finalize our shows :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

IcePhoenix posted:

So all the shows have been run for two days now, is ECW the only company that prepares their writeups before the show runs?

Happyman please set every promo for WWF and WCW to unscripted since they don't know what's going to be said beforehand, TIA.

Most of our shows are finished, we have an elimination chamber to write up. Also our write-ups are like three times as much TV as yours. A little patience from Barb Wire City please.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

My work schedule makes it hard to devote time to writeups Tuesday-Thursday, and this particular week Monday I had an activity to do, so I've had almost no time to help out since the show was booked. That said, I've been working on things whenever I can and Spring Stampede is almost ready to post. It's going to take a little more time to get Nitro done though, so if WWF and ECW are ready after Stampede goes up tomorrow afternoon (hopefully) feel free to not wait for Nitro, it's only fair since we've kept you waiting.

I miss when we had 6+ people on the teams, the workload was much more manageable. ;-;

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

:siren: If anyone from WCW is available, please report to the chatroom :siren:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I made a graphic. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

I also did the write up mostly by myself. As you might guess, this means it's really long since nobody kept me in check or took over any segments. Hopefully you'll all enjoy it despite that. I did my best to keep it readable with section breaks and bolding.

quote:

It's the long awaited report on WCW Spring Stampede, live from the Pittsburg Civic Arena! This may be the best PPV so far this year!

To start the show the announcers run down the card. Schiovani informs use that tonight we will bear witness to the first ever Elimination Chamber match, and six of WCW's best will compete for the gold! Ventura and Tenay discuss their picks for the winner, with Tenay betting on Flair to retain and Ventura throwing his support behind the Flawless Diamonds. Beyond that, Schiovani reminds us of the other matches. He says that this has been a month of intense conflict in WCW. Disputes over honor, over business, over personal hatred, over titles, and over mysterious forces that mere mortals can barely comprehend. But regardless of how they started, they will be settled in the ring! Schiavone needs a gimmick change

Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall, Rick Steiner vs the Shark! Bobby Heenan is at ringside and he is very vocal in his orders for Shark to destroy Steiner. The big man eagerly throws his weight around in the early going, using sheer size to stymie Steiner's usual offensive style of suplexes and clotheslines. Shark unloads with an atomic drop and a power slam, throwing Steiner around like a ragdoll. The Dog-Face Gremlin is dazed but adjusts his strategy, throwing out a flurry of punches, knee-lifts and a monster headbutt. The strikes are enough to make Shark stall out for a moment, but he fights back by locking Steiner into a bear hug! Rick struggles, striking Shark's head relentlessly with fists and elbows, but his opponent seems barely phased while Steiner is rapidly having the life drained out of him. Heenen practically dances with joy at Steiner's helplessness.

Once Steiner seems to be out, Shark sets him on the mat and backs up for the Shark Bomb, but Steiner gets his knees up and turns it into a backstabber! On the mat Shark's advantage is gone, and Steiner gets his second wind, mounting him for a ten-count of head punches, following up with a running elbow, then showing off a little matwork with an STF. Shark drags the smaller man on his back and makes his way to the ropes, forcing the break, but the damage seems to be done. Steiner signals the crowd as Shark staggers to his feet, and Heenan is screams a warning, but it's too late: Rick Steiner hefts the Shark up onto his shoulders, huffing and puffing at the strain, and finally hits the Steiner Driver! Steiner hooks the leg and picks up the win. Shark was getting tired by the end

Bobby Heenan and Meng are interviewed by Dusty Rhodes after the match. The Weasel seems livid over Sharks failure but he quickly calms himself. He may have been looking forward to some personal satisfaction, but what's most important is the Championship! "I've been trying for decades to find the one man who I can lead to a World Championship. I've been behind some of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time, and none of them had what it took to capture the gold! But Meng changed everything! He's bigger and meaner than a giant! Even King Kong is a harmless circus chimp compared to Meng! I've tried to lead all sorts of men to a World Title, but comparing any of those men to Meng would be like comparing Ice Cream to Horse Manure! Because you see, Meng has one quality that no other man I've managed before had: he will do ANYTHING I tell him to if it means victory. And inside that Chamber.... there is no limit to the carnage a man like Meng can inflict." Meng smiles an evil smile as Heenan declares the interview over.

Next was Wrath vs Glacier! Glacier engages Wrath cautiously, knowing he's been overpowered by the man on several occasions, and his caution proves to be wise as Wrath comes out ahead of every exchange. Every attempt at grappling leaves Glacier thrown to the mat, and every attempt to trade punches sees him beaten into a corner. Growing desperate, The Iceman starts what can only be called a suplex contest, and he and Wrath unleash volley after volley of power moves on each other. Glacier shows impressive stamina, but Wrath seems to be totally unphased even after he suffers a vicious gut wrench suplex. Soon Glacier starts to falter, no longer able to quickly recover from his opponent's onslaught, and Wrath begins to dissect him with strikes to the joints and submission holds.

In desperation, Glacier hits a big lariat that sends Wrath to the floor, and follows up with a suicide dive over the top rope! This finally seems to do some damage, and the two brawl on the outside for a few minutes with Glacier seeming to get the upper hand by making use of Irish whips into the ring steps. Knowing Wrath won't remain vulnerable for long, Glacier rolls him back into the ring, and sets up the Cryon Bomb... but before he can execute it the lights go out. There is an eerie flash of green, and when the light returns MORTIS STANDS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE RING! Glacier is stunned at the sight of his nemesis, which is all the time Wrath needs to counter the Cryon Bomb and nail the Ice Man with a surprise Death Penalty! Wrath hooks the leg for the 1-2-3 as Mortis laughs.

With Glacier dazed after the pinfall, Mortis and Wrath fall on him like animals, stomping him into submission. Wrath nails Glacier with another Death Penalty, and then Mortis drags the Ice Man to his fit and locks him into the Backbreaker Rack! Things look bleak until a heroic guitar riff hits and Shinya Hashimoto makes the save! Hashi clocks Wrath out of the ring with a spinning heel kick and then immediately goes after Mortis, hitting him with a belly to belly suplex and then setting him up for the Jumping Spike DDT! Mortis manages to block the attack, and Mitchel orders the two men to retreat. Hashimoto attends to the wounded Glacier as Wrath and Mortis seethe.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage invites a stray cameraman into his locker room, and puts his face close to the lens so he can send a private message to his fans. "You know, this match is kind of funny to me, yeah. Its funny because my opponents think they're only fighting 5 other men, you see? But they're missing a key factor! Something they've been blind to all along, hiding like a chameleon in plain sight that their EYES CAN'T SEE, YEAH! You all know the key, you comprehend it: When you face Randy Savage you've also gotta take on the LEGIONS that make up his Extended Family! That cage is gonna have two horsemen yeah! It's gonna have one big Diamond, YEAH! But they're taking on Millions! ALL THE STARS OF THE NIGHT, BURNING THROUGH THE DARKNESS, BATHING THE MACHO MAN IN THE COLD FIRE! So I ask you all, how can Randy Savage possibly lose? A diabolical structure such as the Elimination Chamber could leave me a BROKEN SHELL. But my mind has the Madness and my HEART BEATS with all those who share it! YEAH! With you, I'm the man who can do anything! And that's the most dangerous man on Earth! THAT'S THE WCW CHAMPION! DIG IT!

After Savage is done, we're treated to King Steven Regal vs Road Warrior Hawk! Regal shows a fresh streak of viciousness from the get go, apparently taking his execution sentence on Hawk quite seriously. He hits a number of uppercuts, chops, knees lifts and finally a vertical suplex to put Hawk on the ground right out of the gate. Fortunately for the Road Warrior, Regal takes a moment to taunt the crowd. Hawk recovers and when Regal turns he explodes off the mat with a Spear! He forces Regal into the corner and hits him with a few big shoulder blocks, then scales the turnbuckle to hit His Majesty with a 10-Count Punch... but at 7 punches Regal fights back by dragging Hawk off the ropes and hitting a Power Bomb! The King capitalizes on his attack with some rest holds and other mat work, keeping the Road Warrior from recovering and weakening his neck.

Hawk eventually manages to force his way out of a headlock on a surge of adrenaline and crowd clapping, and makes a last ditch effort to bring Regal down with an impressive display of power moves that leaves his opponent reeling. He hits a big vertical suplex and climbs the ropes to set up the Flying Clothesline to put Regal away... but Regal counters the finisher with a perfectly timed mid-air drop kick! King Regal and Hawk both seem out and the ref starts to count, but Regal recovers just enough to drag himself over to the fallen Road Warrior and lock in the Regal Stretch! In the center of the ring and with no energy left, Hawk is forced to tap out. Regal wins by submission!

Curt Hennig comes out to the ring to cut a promo. "Tonight the Flawless Diamonds will win the WCW Championship. This isn't a threat, it's a simple fact. Since we revealed ourselves we have proven that our talk of controlling wrestling and being unstoppable were not idle threats either, but simple facts. We have dominated everything we have touched. And the fact of the matter is, there is nothing any man in the back can do about it. None of the forces your so-called heroes have brought to bear against us have presented a challenge, not even the mighty Four Horsemen. And when Kevin Nash destroys Ric Flair tonight, your last hope will just be one more footnote in the history books we write for this company. In ten years time, when we decide to conquer a new organization, one of us will carry the WCW Championship as a trophy of conquest, to remind everyone that the Flawless Diamonds are the strongest force in all of professional wrestling. Just as I carry the AWA Championship now."

Hennig's speech is interrupted with a simple question: CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA!? Booker T comes down the ramp and grabs a mike. "You know dog, you got a lot of the boys in the back scared. You been taking WCW over, there's no denying it. But as far as I'm concerned, you ain't nuttin' but another punk who thinks he can talk big and take over the neighborhood without a fight! I been dealin' with trash like you my whole life, and there's only one way to deal with you. So you and me, we're gonna have a fight right now! And if you think you're so untouchable, put that AWA title on the line!" Hennig hesitates for a moment, but the Flawless Diamond won't risk losing face after his speech and agrees. "NOW CAN YOU DIG THAT? SUUUUUCKAAAAAAA!"

Bonus Match time! Curt Hennig vs Booker T, AWA Championship on the line! Booker takes it to Hennig right from the start with a flurry of punches and high kicks, keeping the champ on the defensive. Hennig seems surprised, but soon fights back by catching a roundhouse kick and pulling Booker into a half-crab. Before he can lock the move in, Booker rolls through and boots Hennig into the corner, following up with few big shoulder blocks! Hennig forces his way free, clearly growing frustrated, and nails Booker with a German to take some wind out of his sails. The Flawless Diamond controls the match for a few minutes, targeting Booker's knee with a few submission holds, a kneebreaker, and then drapes his leg over the bottom rope to land a seated senton. Ventura speculates he's trying to remove Booker's speed, high flying and his Scissor Kick and Harlem Hangover finishers in one fell swoop.

Booker seems to be in agony as Hennig is relentless and methodical in his attack, but when Hennig starts up a spinning toehold he finally sees his opportunity and explosively launches himself off the mat to land a temple kick! Booker drags himself up the ropes while Hennig is stunned, then hops over on one leg to pull out a miracle Book End! Hennig is down and out, but Booker collapses in agony, clutching his knee. The ref starts up the ten count as both men slowly drag themselves to their feet, and while both get there before ten, Hennig is able to strike first with a vengeful vertical suplex. With his hurt leg Booker can't hope to counter, and Hennig rolls through to deliver a second vertical, then taunts the crowd for a moment before hooking the leg and delivering the Hennigplex to finish the sequence. The three-count is academic, and Curt Hennig retains his title.

Sting & Lex Luger are in the Four Horsemen locker room, where Sting coaches his tag team partner. "Lex, I knows that you've been on edge, and that you're worried about Flair and Savage after Nitro. But tonight you needs to focus on two things. Stopping Nash has to come first, but after that comes winning the title for yourself. Trust me, chances at the championship don't come along every day. You have to take this one." Luger promises Sting that no matter how much he cares about Ric, and how much he respects Savage, he won't let them get in the way of what needs to be done, and swears that Nash will never be WCW Champion.

Next, Ron Simmons vs. Too Cold Scorpio. Scorpio starts flying immediately, knowing from experience how dangerous Simmons can be if he can control the pace of the match with his power offense. He runs the ropes and uses slingshot offense to keep Simmons off-balance and keep himself from being grappled. While Simmons does land the occasional hard-hitting move, Scorpio proves impossible to keep locked down. Too Cold keeps his momentum up with high-risk maneuvers off the turnbuckle, culminating in a big second-rope moonsault, which leaves Simmons exhausted. Bill Alfonso blows his whistle while Teddy Long tries to will his client back to life.

Scorpio uses a scoop slam to set up Simmons for the Diss that Don't Miss, but just when he reaches the third rope Aaron Muhammad jumps up on the apron and starts shouting at the ref. The official goes over to clear him out, and Scorpio soon jumps down from his perch to join in the shouting match. Simmons uses the distraction to go into his tights and take out a hidden weapon, a pair of brass knuckles! He grabs Scorpio while the ref's back is still turned and decks him, then tosses the weapon to Long before dragging a completely limp Scorpio up for a Dominator. Despite Alfonso screaming about Simmon's cheating ways, the ref counts the three and the Nation of Domination claims victory.

James Mitchell cuts a promo in a darkened room backstage. While Mitchell talks, Muta is practicing brutal temple kicks and elbow strikes on five wooden training dummies in the background under a dim light. The dummies feature decorations like a long brown haired wig, a fancy robe, a colorful cowboy hat, a Polynesian tribal necklace, and cartoonish inflatable arms flexing their muscles. "Friends, at last the clock has struck my hour! The forces at my command have reached their peak. Glacier has fallen and only escaped his doom by a slim margin. Mortis has returned from the world beyond. Wrath remains undefeated and unchecked. And now the way is clear of all obstructions: The Great Muta will enter the chamber and unleash his inner darkness upon all our enemies. He will be WCW Champion, and the world will bow before it's new masters! I may be wrong... but I doubt it."

Next up, Bobby Eaton vs. V.K. Wallstreet for control of Eaton's Wieners! VP Chris Kanyon is at ringside to cheer on his boss, and as the two lock up the announcers remind us that if Wallstreet loses, Wallstreet Enterprises will be sold for charity! The two businessmen seem evenly matched at the outset, trading big punches, until a shot to the nose knocks Wallstreet into the ropes and he comes firing back out with a lariat. He checks his nose for blood before taunting the crowd, giving Eaton some time to recover and blast him with a slingshot backbreaker! Eaton controls the action for a while, playing to the fans with a display of his flashiest moves, culminating when he disables his opponent with a boot to the gut and tears off his suspenders!

Eaton is on top of the world as Wallstreet begs off and retreats to his corner, and while he waves his trophy over his head and tosses it to the crowd, Kanyon dabs at his boss's forehead with a monogrammed towel and then gives him a fresh pair of suspenders. When Wallstreet comes back into the ring, it's with a vengeance, and he unloads a chain of suplexes that leave Eaton absolutely crushed. Wallstreet asserts his dominance with chinlocks and sleeper holds, but Eaton manages a huge counter when he blocks a Belly-to-Belly and hits a DDT! Eaton climbs the ropes looking for the Tower of London... but Wallstreet recovers, follows him up and knocks him off the turnbuckle with big right hands! Wallstreet shouts and gestures for Eaton to stand from his perch, and when Bobby turns around he tastes a Write-Off from the top rope. Wallstreet picks up the pinfall, and him and Kanyon celebrate their newest hostile takeover.

The Flawless Diamonds meet in their headquarters. Hall and Nash congratulate Henning on his victory. Hennig seems bothered by how hard his opponent fought and how close the match was. Despite everything he's accomplished, the spirit of WCW hasn't been broken yet. He says that tonight marks a critical juncture for the Flawless Diamonds. If they capture the WCW title, their plan to control the company will reach it's final phase, and opposition will wither and die. He has complete faith in Nash, and Hall vouches for his partner and looks forward to carving WCW up. Nash tells Hall and Hennig that he looks forward to proving once and for all that no one in WCW can stand up to the Diamonds. He's facing the best the company has in that Chamber, and when he's the only one that walks out with the title on his shoulder, no one will dare stand up to them again.

Next up was the match of the night! The Megabusters vs. the Giant and Chris Benoit! There is some debate about which men are going to start the match, as Benoit wants to get his hands on Arn while Giant is trying to keep his teammate calm. Hogan decides that he's going first when he nails the big man with a multiple double axehandles from behind. Hogan presses his advantage on Giant, unloading with big right hands and a clothesline, but Giant refuses to fall. Hogan pulls him into an Irish Whip and goes for an early big boot, but his target grabs the ropes to stop himself, leaving the Hulkster with a foot raised in empty air. Hogan seems outraged by this, and starts shouting at Giant for not accepting his defeat with dignity. Giant responds with a shove that sends Hogan tumbling into the corner, and a running tackle! Hogan is crushed by the 500 pound body, and Giant tells the crowd to hush so that the follow-up chest slap can echo through the arena. Two or three more chest slaps follow, but Hogan finally breaks free by raking the eyes, using his opponent's bulk to hide the attack from the ref. Giant reacts with rage, nailing Hogan with a jumbo-sized body slam... which Hogan no-sells by Hulking Up! He shrugs off Giant's punches and batters him into the corner, then tags in Arn while still pumping his arms and legs on the apron to keep the Hulk Up going! He and Anderson do a few rapid tags to keep Giant in check.

As Arn work's Giant over with some big chops, Hogan finally gives the YOU point... to the audience! He turns back to the ring AND HIS FACE MEETS GIANT'S FIST! In the few seconds he had turned away, Giant put a boot into Arn's stomach then turned around with fist cocked to blast Hogan off the apron with the WMD. Hogan is out and Arn is wounded, but Giant is spent and far from Benoit, who is begging for the tag. Slowly the big man crawls across the mat, but Arn has recovered by the time he gets halfway and slaps on the Figure Four! Giant is in visible agony but refuses to tap. He uses his tremendous strength to drag himself AND Arn across the mat. Arn intensifies the hold, unable to keep Giant in place but still hoping to make him tap before he reaches Benoit... but Giant's enormous arms give him too much reach! Benoit tags in and strikes, slingshoting onto the third rope, jumping and nailing the still leg-locked Anderson with a big splash!

Benoit stays tangled with Anderson, and the two roll around the ring punching and kicking in an almost subhuman display of hate. Finally they separate and Benoit starts a predatory series of attacks on Arn's neck and shoulder, hitting neckbreakers, elbow shots and his triple-German Suplex. Arn fights back by driving Benoit into the corner and battering the Crippler all the way up the turnbuckle in order to hit a superplex! Arn signals for the end of the match and stalks Benoit for the Double A Spinebuster. Benoit shakily climbs to his feet, Arn picks him up and BENOIT COUNTERS, GRABBING ARNS HEAD AND TURNING THE MOVE INTO A SELF-INFLICTED DDT! Benoit rolls out from under Arn, kips up and mule kick's a still groggy Hogan back off the apron before locking Arn into the Crippler Crossface! Anderson screams defiance, but Hogan cannot help him and he has no way to reach any rope. Arn taps out to Benoit, though Ventura blusters that the only reason it happened is because the power of his Spinebuster was turned against him.

The Turnertron queues up Ric Flair on a pre-taped promo, intercut with highlights from some of his recent major matches, such as his handicap match with the Outsiders, Benoit in the submission match, World War 3, Arn at Starrcade, and Hogan at Superbrawl. "In the last year, I've faced insurmountable odds. I thought nothing could be more dangerous than Arn Anderson, and then I thought that nothing could make the Outsiders worse than they already were. Shows what I know. The Flawless Diamonds changed everything. Except for one thing, the most important thing: Ric Flair is the champ. It's my duty to protect WCW and stand tall, for every man in the back making the show happen, for every man in the locker room fighting for his shot, for every man in the stands who comes to this show counting on me to fight. So I'll gladly walk into that Elimination Chamber! I'll face every opponent in there, be they friend or foe. Regardless of the pain, regardless of the danger, regardless of a ton of steel ready to break my body, I WILL stand tall! Tonight Ric Flair stops Kevin Nash. I stop the Flawless Diamonds! And I remain WCW Champion! WOOO!"

The final bout before the Main Event: Alex Wright vs Heavy Metal for the Cruiserweight Championship! Heavy Metal fights hard out of the gate, intent on proving to Wright that he deserves to be in this match. High-flying offense is the order of the day, with drop kicks, corner splashes, planchas from the apron and a variety of springboard attacks put on display. Wright is barely able to cope with the high-flying maneuvers, and Metal looks to secure a quick upset when he hits a headscissors takedown and moves to lock in the Heavy Metal Cradle! But Wright is too mat-savvy and counters the finisher into a legbar, which he rolls into a boston crab. Wright shows off his ground game, keeping Metal down with chain wrestling, moving from hold to suplex and back again without giving the luchador time to breath.

The match seems to be in the palm of the champ's hand until Metal fights back by locking in his arm for a surprise arm-wrench roll-up, the La Casita! Wright kicks out on a 2.9 count, and Metal comes back to life, matching the champ blow for blow. Metal targets his opponent's shoulder with some acrobatic arm-wrenches and elbow strikes, planning to put the champ away by locking in the cradle one last time. But when Wright reverses and Irish Whip the upstart's hops are put to a decisive end with a brutal tilt-o-whirl backbreaker. Metal is limp as Wright drags him back to his feet and debuts a new finishing move, a hangman's neckbreaker. Ventura puts the move over as the Jager Breaker, and it secures the pinfall. Alex Wright retains the Cruiserweight Championship

A Video Package leads in to the Main Event. It recaps the events that lead to the Elimination Chamber. Eric Bischoff smugly narrates about his brilliance in conceiving the match and Rick Rude's wisdom in booking it as scenes of the qualifying bouts and the six competitors are intercut with clips of the structure itself under construction. Stats about the miles of chain and the weight of the steel in it's construction are mentioned, as are possible changes as the match progresses, like shifting alliances and how the match can flow from singles to triple threat to fatal fourway to all-out-brawl. Bischoff concludes by saying that the six men who enter this chamber will never be the same, that their careers might be ended and their memories haunted by the experience. But if any man can survive this ultimate test, he will have earned the ultimate prize: the WCW Championship!

The Following Contest is an Elimination Chamber Match for the WCW Championship There is a fairly lengthy introduction as the Chamber is lowered into place. Schiovani and Tenay are astounded by the brutal nature of the structure: the hard metal floors surrounding the ring, the chain walls of the cage eager to tear flesh from bone, the tiny glass cages where four of the competitors have to watch the horrors those in the ring will unleash on each other, and the closed ceiling ensure no routes of escape. Ventura tries to stay analytical and discuss the tactics a wrestler might use in a structure like this and how it differs from a standard cage or War Games, but even he has trouble staying composed. Once the cage is in place, the wrestlers start to enter, starting with Meng and Heenan, then Lex Luger, then the Macho Man, and lastly Kevin Nash. Each of the four take time to examine the structure, testing the surfaces and walls before being locked in their pods. Once they are locked inside The Great Muta and James Mitchell make their way down the ramp. Muta crouches in a corner while Mitchell joins Heenan outside the cage. Last but not least, the WCW Champion Ric Flair comes down the ramp in one of his most flamboyant robes, pyro erupting in his wake.

The bell rings and Flair invites Muta to lock up, but Mitchell's Demon elects to knock Flair to the mat with a leg sweep instead. Muta falls on him like a rabid beast and starts mauling him with open hand strikes, but Flair rolls through and forces Muta into an armbar. They both stand and Flair whips his captive into the ropes, but whatever move he planned is spoiled when Muta handsprings off the ropes and nails a back elbow to the face! Muta rolls through and clambers up the turnbuckle, looking for a moonsault, but Flair rolls away and he eats canvas. When they get to their feet the two finally lock up and engage in dueling keylocks until Flair counters with a Snapmare into a Sleeper, but Muta responds in impressive fashion by grabbing Flair's head, bridging to a standing position, and then dropping back to the mat to deliver a jawbreaker with his own skull! Flair stumbles into the ropes, and Muta capitalizes by climbing over the Nature Boy and locking in the Tarantula! Flair howls in pain and the commentators remind us that there are no rope breaks or DQs in the chamber, only pinfalls or submissions. Things look bleak for Flair until the arena lights dim and the four pods starts to flash, signaling the first new entrant... AND THE LIGHT STOPS ON LEX LUGER!

Luger charges out of his pod and immediately comes to Flair's aid by booting Muta in the head until he releases the Tarantula. The Total Package briefly checks on Flair, then presses his attack by bulldogging Muta onto the steel floor. Muta rolls back into the ring to avoid taking more damage from the cage, but Luger pursues and hits a running elbow drop. Flair recovers and joins his fellow Horseman, dropping his own elbow on Muta on a few times before joining Luger in a double team Irish Whip/Flapjack combo. Luger and Flair play to the crowd for a moment while Muta is incapacitated, enjoying a little pose-and-strut and throwing the four fingers... but they quickly return to business and stare each other down. Luger offers his hand for the Test of Strength, and Flair accepts, making it clear that they're opponents for the rest of this match.

Luger and Flair struggle in the Indian Knuckle Lock. The Total Package's massive arms dwarf Flair's but the Nature Boy refusing to back down. They are so engrossed in their contest that they completely fail to notice Muta scale the turnbuckle and hit them BOTH with his Moonsault! The three of them are laid out just as the pods start to flash again, the finally land on Kevin Nash!

Nash strolls into the ring almost casually and starts mud stomping all three of his competitors. Once he's satisfied with his work, he drags Luger to his feet and begins beating him, unloading right hands and then shoving him into the corner to work his ribs. Meanwhile, Flair and Muta take their fight to the outside where Flair applies his patented knife-edge chops. Nash backs up and builds up a head of steam, but Luger ducks out of the way then schoolboys Big Sexy, earning himself a two. As Muta begins to grind Flair along the cage chains, Luger and Nash tee off, trading rapid punches and then locking up and fighting for a vertical suplex. Nash wins the contest and then takes advantage of the no DQ rules by stepping on Luger's neck.

Muta throws Flair back into the ring and the two heels swap out, letting Nash beat on the hurt Flair while Muta drags Luger up and gives him a nasty dragon suplex. Nash beats Flair down to one knee, and in response Flair nails him with a low blow... but when Nash falls out of the way Muta torpedoes across the ring and nails the Shining Wizard! Muta covers Flair, 1, 2, LUGER SAVES THE CHAMP. Luger covers Nash, 1, 2, NASH KICKS OUT! THE LIGHTS DIM AND A FEW MOMENTS LATER MENG'S CAGE LIGHTS UP!

Meng enters the Chamber like a storm, immediately leveling Muta and Luger with big headbutts before making Flair his target. He drags the champion to the outside and begins a slow, agonizing journey around the cage. Flair is body slammed onto the steel floor, ground against the chain, slammed head first into the glass pod containing Randy Savage, and crushed by the door of one of the empty pods. Back in the ring, Nash and Muta are working over Luger, but the Total Package comes back from a double Irish Whip flying through the air and nails both opponents with a double flying clothesline! Luger gains his second wind starts suplexing Muta into oblivion, while Nash rolls away and takes a breather.

Flair desperately tries to fight back, giving Meng his own taste of the Steel with a drop toehold into the outer wall, but the monster seems barely phased and gives Flair a Samoan Drop onto the steel. The Nature Boy bleeds profusely but fights on with a a few knee lifts, and then a desperation dropkick to the knee! Meng staggers, and Flair pulls out another drop kick to the head! Meanwhile, Luger applies a military press slam to Muta and flexes for the crowd only to be caught off guard by a big boot from Nash. Big Sexy again targets Luger's ribs with punches and kicks before getting impressive height nailing him with a snake eyes. Meng locks in the Tongan Death Grip and drags Flair back into the ring by his throat as Schiovani reminds the audiences that pinfalls and submissions MUST take place inside the ring. The Death Grip chokes the life out of Flair, and it's effects are only sped up by his blood loss and a potential concussion from Muta's finisher. The Champ looks doomed as Meng lays him onto the mat... until he puts his leg to Meng's neck and clamps on a triangle choke! Meng immediately releases his grip and starts flailing, trying to get Flair off of him before he passes out, but Flair won't budge an inch no matter how much Meng struggles. He begins to slow... his knees start to slip out from under him... but Kevin Nash steps away from Luger and stomps on Flair's chest, shaking him lose. Flawless Diamond Steel has picked his moment perfectly: the last of Flair's strength is gone and nobody is in a position to interfere. He pulls Flair into position... and hits the Jackknife Powerbomb in the center of the ring. Cover, 1, 2... 3! KEVIN NASH ELIMINATES THE WCW CHAMPION RIC FLAIR!

The other participants seem stunned, unable to believe the Champion is out of the running, and the announcers are equally stunned... except for Ventura, who shouts joyfully that he knew it all along. And just then the lights dim one final time: The Macho Man is finally unleashed!

As Luger and Muta gather themselves to take on Nash, Savage starts his efforts by climbing the outside of his pod. Tenay is confused... until he lines up on the near-unconscious Meng and points his fingers toward the sky. IT'S AN ELBOW DROP FROM THE TOP OF THE CAGE, AND IT CONNECTS! Savage hooks the leg, 1, 2, 3! RANDY SAVAGE ELIMINATES MENG AFTER LESS THAN A MINUTE IN THE MATCH!

Nash, Luger and Muta barely seem to notice as they've been locked in a brutal three-way battle, trading kicks and forearms. The three men seem evenly matched after taking so much punishment. Nash moves to hit Muta with a big boot... but the Minister's Beast catches the leg and nails Nash with a dragon screw, taking him down! Luger attempts to capitalize with a running splash pin, but only secures a two. Savage joins the brawl, nailing Muta with a lariat as Luger picks Nash up and hits an impressive double underhook suplex. Muta delivers a viscous kick to the Macho Man and follows up with a swinging neckbreaker, but is caught by surprise when Luger grabs him from behind and sets him up for the Torture Rack! However, Luger is unable to life Muta into position! The ribs that Nash had been weakening the whole match cause him too much pain!

Muta rolls off Luger's shoulder and Irish Whips him away, but it proves a miscalculation when The Total Package comes charging back with the Running Forearm set to hit. Hit it does... at the exact moment that Muta unleashes his Green Mist! Luger clutches his eyes in pain... and by pure luck manages to fall on top of Muta's unconscious body. Luger squirms but stays on top of his opponent, and the ref counts the three! LEX LUGER ELIMINATES THE GREAT MUTA... only to be completely defenseless mere seconds later when Nash picks him up and drops his second Jackknife of the night! Nash plants a boot on Luger's chest for the 1-2-3. KEVIN NASH ELIMINATES LEX LUGER!

Savage gets back to his feet, and the final two square off with the title in the balance. After a tense staredown Nash and Savage lock up... and Nash shoves the Macho Man to the mat with little effort. Savage seems surprised for a moment, but grits his teeth and charges back in, getting in under Nash's guard for a jumbo belly-to-belly suplex! The two men start fighting in earnest, trading punches and blocking attempts at power moves, and the fight soon spills out onto the steel. Nash gleefully makes use of the chain walls, but Savage isn't afraid to do the same. Both men are bleeding in short order, and there is little art left in their offense as they simply try to destroy each other using the Chamber. It is a brutal display and soon red stains the glass of all four entry pods and both men are struggling to even move. They start to trade slow, obvious haymakers, waiting to see who's body gives first... and it seems to be Savage as he swings wide and stumbled into Nash's arms. The half-dead Big Sexy acts on pure instinct and pulls Savage up to Jackknife him onto the steel... but Savage counters! Strait out of his match against Terry Gordy, Savage turns the Powerbomb into a Huricanrana and drive's Nash's forehead strait into the metal!

Savage knows this is his last chance, and he rolls Nash back into the ring and scales the entry pod once again.... but at the top he pauses, and then slides his fingers between the chains. He climbs higher, going hand-over-hand like a kid on the monkey bars until he is squarely above Nash's body, hanging in mid-air by his fingertips on the highest part of the cage. And then he lets go. Savage delivers the single biggest Elbow Drop of his life strait to Kevin Nash's heart, driving any remaining life out of his opponents body. Savage cannot even move to hook the leg, but that doesn't stop the referee's count. 1...2...3. HERE IS YOUR WINNER, AND THE NEEEEEEEW WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, THE MACHO MAN, RANDY SAVAGE!

Savage accepts the belt and leans on the ref so his hand can be raised. For the first time in what seems like forever, The Macho Man is in his rightful place as Champion. He salutes his Extended Family in the crowd, and hoists the Big Gold Belt for all to see as Spring Stampede comes to a close.

This was an incredible show with a ton of great matches, there were almost no bad segments... but something about the Main Event was just SLIGHTLY off. I have to give the show a B- overall.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Who?

But anyways, great work from WCW here in the writeup, as usual. No Scott Hall, which confuses me, but whatever. The only real problem I have is in the Elimination Chamber match; mainly the participants.

So I can buy Ric Flair, current WCW Heavyweight Champion. Kevin Nash as well, current Tag Team Champion. And Randy Savage, as well as Lex Luger to an extent. But Meng? Or the Great Muta? What have they done in WCW? I think Meng was part of that neverending Heenan/Savage feud, but what about Muta?

harperdc posted:

It was mentioned in the write-up but there were qualifying matches for the five participants, and I can't remember how screwy those finishes were but you can guess there were some for the lesser heels that got in.

Also, it's straight, not strait. But that's just playing editor, I loved the whole build and the show delivered. Surprised that Flair got eliminated first!

I'm surprised that you would all question Muta and Meng's worthiness to be in the Chamber. Muta has consistently been booked strongly since coming to WCW, he had a singles WCW Championship match with Giant during the fall of the Dungeon of Doom, he ended Stevie Ray's career with the Black Mist, and he's the top guy in Mitchell's unnamed stable which is fairly large at five members and features prominently in several storylines. And Meng has always lurked in the Main Event area, he regularly has matches against Main Eventers like Steiner, Savage and various Horsemen. I'll grant his stock has been in decline and he hasn't brought home a lot of wins in the last year, but I would think that Heenan alone would be enough to legitimize him.

This reminds me of the first thread when somebody was scoffing at King Regal taking up a lot of attention in write-ups at a time when he was mainly wrestling main eventers and fan favorites like Dusty, winning midcard titles and generally shooting up the card at breakneck pace. I wonder if we're doing something wrong here. Maybe it's a symptom of our write-ups not shortchanging the mid and undercarders on promos and match writeups and trying to keep the Russo "everybody has something to do," philosophy so it's harder to tell who the stars are compared to WWF? Or maybe it's just that it's hard to imagine anyone outside the expected box of top guys like Hogan and Sting being treated as stars in WCW.

The end of the writeup was right, there does seem to be a dearth of storylines. That being said, Bret's match with Kane was very cool and I'm intrigued about this burgeoning conflict with Vince and the Power Trip... but extremely worried that they were referred to as the Two Man power trip. What happened to Pillman? I know you said he "disappeared," but... :ohdear:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

In my opinion, it's just the fact that WCW doesn't fully pull the trigger on their rising stars, so that when you do like here it seems weird. WWF's main event of April was Bret Hart and 3 other people we made main event in the last year (Vader, Owen Hart, and Steve Austin). Hell, ingame we successfully made Goldust, Mick Foley, Owen Hart, Vader, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman, Triple H, Chris Jericho, and Mark Henry possible main event players, and are currently pushing Taz, Rocky Maivia, Jushin Liger, Ken Shamrock, [REDACTED], and [REDACTED] higher up the card.

By the same standards, your April main event was Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, and Meng with two new main eventers. And ingame, who have you guys made as main eventers (not trying to be negative, just honestly curious since I know you've made some, like the Outsiders and Regal)?

First and foremost, we made Arn Anderson into a top tier singles star. He did start the game as a Main Eventer, but a sub-par one. I'd say we made him a star. It's also worth mentioning that our booking has raised Curt Hennig and Ric Flair to A* popularity across most if not all of the US Territories. Both of them were lurking around the B to A- range, and now they're on the same level as Hogan in the states.

It's important to remember that WCW is built very differently in this game from WWF. WWF HAS to make new stars because they don't have many, and they have to do it on a budget and do it quickly. It's the main focus of their gameplay. WCW on the other hand starts the game with a cup that runneth over with stars and money. Our gameplay is focused on managing what we have because our game starts with the Locker Room in a critical morale situation and a bloated roster who all want TV time. That's why WCW started the game with fights breaking out backstage all the time.

That being said, we do need to build future stars because we have a lot of older people in those top spots and we don't want a Real WCW situation where there is nobody to step up. But we have to build them in a way where they won't be pissed because there is no room for them at the top when they go nuclear. We not only CAN'T just pull the trigger whenever we want, we have to be very careful about the pace at which we put people in spots where their triggers CAN be pulled, or our Locker Room morale will tank!

Now that I'm done with the preamble, we've made Hall and Nash into nuclear stars, and Regal, Benoit, DDP and Booker T are all at Main Event levels now. Muta is right behind that crop. Eddy Guerrero, Alex Wright, Christian and Lance Storm, Raven and Madusa, El Hijo del Santo, Glacier aka Mike Awesome and Ron Simmons have all made big upward moves and/or secured their long-term viability for elevation, and Shinya Hashimoto and Rey Misterio and poised to break out in the coming months.

I think we've done more than our share of star creating AND juggled our bursting-at-the-seems Main Event level talent very well. I mean, lets be real, we're about to reach the in-game 1 year anniversary. Sometimes when you have a ton of stars you just need to let them do their thing, not spend all your time trying to replace them just for the sake of freshness.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Al Snow is one of our main eventers.

Check and mate big two :smuggo:

:smith:

What DOES everybody want?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Ask and you shall receive. I think I'm going to crawl into a corner and die from exhaustion now. Again, sorry for all the waiting. It won't happen again.

quote:

You've been waiting for it, and here it is! The report on Monday Nitro, and the fallout from Spring Stampede!

Monday Nitro kicked off with your NEW WCW Champion, Macho Man Randy Savage celebrating his victory in the Elimination Chamber! After entering to cheers he shares his thoughts. "Tension, yeah. I feel tension, YEAH! I've been feeling for twenty-four hours, yeah, tweeeenty four hours, YEAH! That's a long time to feel tension. It ties a knot in your guts, see? It runs along your shoulders and down your spine, see? I crawls into the pit of your being and seeps into your SOUL! Tension, yeah. Why tension, you ask? Why tension? Was it the memory of the pain I endured inside the Elimination Chamber? ...No. Was is the knowledge of the certitude of danger now presented by those who's plans I've foiled? ...Noooo. I stand before you, my friends. My Extended Family. And I tell you this tension has only one source. THE DEBT I OWE TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU! Forgive me if I patronize, but none of you can truly understand what took place inside that structure. Even the most devout disciple of Macho Madness is incapable of comprehending the true depravity of the battle I faced inside that Chamber. BUT! There is ONE TRUTH that transcends the gap of understanding between myself and each of you. YOU gave me the strength to prevail! YOU allowed me to become stronger than I ever have before! AND NOW YOU SEE THE RESULTS!" He hoists the belt above his head before continuing. "And so we return to the subject of TENSION. I feel the debt, yeah. The debt I owe to those who helped me achieve the impossible. The debt to those who uplifted me from the depths and have helped me return to the TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN! So I make this pledge: I will not fail you. TONIGHT! RANDY SAVAGE STANDS BEFORE YOU, WCW! HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION OF THE WORLD! I am YOUR Champion! I WILL FIGHT FOR WCW! AND I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU!"

The speech is interrupted when Flawless Diamonds theme hits, and Hennig, Hall and Nash hit the ring and surround the Macho Man. Hennig grabs a mike. "That's beautiful. I'm serious, it brings tear to my Flawless eye. You're a real man of the people, aren't you Savage? They just love you! But you know, people loved Julius Caesar too. He was the conquering hero, the savior of Rome. Caesar thought he was invincible, and so long as the people of history's greatest empire believed in him, he pretty much WAS invincible. So then the REAL rulers of Rome, the ones who lurked in the shadows and carried all the TRUE power, decided that Caesar was a threat instead of just a clown. A man who is made strong by the people, and thus makes the people strong? That's a true danger to those who control things from the dark. So you know what they did to Caesar, Randy? They CUT. HIS. THROAT." Hall gets uncomfortable close to Savage and slides a finger across his neck. "SO, here's what you need to know. Commissioner Rude and I have come to an understanding. As Runner-Up in the Elimination Chamber, Kevin Nash is officially your new #1 Contender for Slamboree, where you'll face him one-on-one for the WCW Championship. And in exchange, the Outsiders have graciously decided that they will grant a shot at their Tag Team Titles to you, and your partner, the former World Champion, The Nature Boy Ric Flair! That is, assuming he can even stand after last night. And that match will take place... TONIGHT! Best of luck." He drops the mic and the three leave Savage to stand tall in the ring. Everyone except Hennig improvised very well

In our opening match Kid Rock defeats Lucky Tonzura with the US Title on the line! Tenay notes that Kid Rock put up an open challenge for his belt since DDP didn't want it, and Sonny Oono jumped at the chance to increase his client's fame. Tonzura works stiff and lays into Kid with some powerful strikes and body slams, but the US Champ won't be kept down and fires back with his martial arts kicks. He targets Tonzura's joints to weaken his striking ability and mobility before kicking into higher gear with some high-flying offense. Slowed down by Kid's attacks Navigator Ichi-ban can't keep up and soon falls victim to the Bullgod. Kid Rock picks up the three and retains his belt.

After the match, Kid Rock does a bit of a victory lap with the fans, giving out high fives to the crowd. But one fan in a hoodie turns a handshake into a Diamond Cutter right off the barricade! DDP throws back his hood and smirks as Kid tries desperately to breath through his slammed trachea. Page grabs a mike and mocks the squirming US Champ. "I've been thinking a lot about it Kid, and I've decided... I STILL don't want that title shot yet. But tell you what, I'm gonna pencil you into my schedule REAL soon." He gives the camera a BANG! and disappears into the stands as the MT's rush in.

Cut to Dusty Rhodes, who interviews Rick Steiner backstage on Dusty's Roundup! Dusty seems in a particularly good mood given that Rick Steiner has once again humiliated Bobby Heenan "I tell you baby, every day in that announcers booth I was WAITIN' for the Brain to get taken down a peg, and you are makin' a CAREER out that!"

Rick talks about how tough a competitor Shark was. "I'm just glad that I could prove once again that the Dog-Face Gremlin isn't someone to be taken lightly! A real bloodhound never knows when he's beaten, so you can expect me to keep finding ways to win!" Bobby Heenan interrupts in order to bluster for a few seconds, swears he won't quit until Steiner pays for everything he's done to the Heenan Family, and leaves before Dusty can get a word in edgewise... but not before the American Dream gets in a laugh at his expense.

Rey Misterio, Jr. defeats DJ Gorgeous! Sonny is clearly hoping to get a bit of pride back after Tonzura's defeat, but his hopes prove to be in vain. Rey is a whirlwind of springboard and slingshot offense tonight, throwing his whole body weight behind every attack! While Navigator Nii-ban can't hope to keep up, he does manage to scout Misterio a few times, and when he does his counter attacks are brutal. Hard hitting suplexes and high-impact mule kicks to the chest give Gorgeous the edge he needs to set up the Yakuza Kick... which Rey completely dodges! Inside his opponent's guard he hits lovely savate kick strait to the DJ's helmet/face, and then nails the West Coast Pop after he staggers back to his feet, getting a decisive pinfall.

While Rey celebrates, Ciclope appears on the Turnertron from the locker room. He opens up a gym bag as his feet and pulls out three of Misterio's spare masks! AND THEN A LIGHTER WHICH HE USES TO BURN THEM! "I will make this simple for you. CICLOPE is the true future of Lucha Libre. NOT Rey Misterio Jr.! You were fun to toy with for a while, but I've grown tired of your upstart ways. Before I can become Cruiserweight Champion, I've got to remove you from the sight of my all-seeing eye. There is only solution: either your face must be erased from this world, or my eye must be plucked out. I challenge you to a Mask vs Mask match, at Slamboree! One way or another... our battle ends!" In the ring, Misterio angrily accepts the challenge.

Backstage Savage is in his locker room and seems agitated. He paces and waggles his fingers through the air. "Roman Empire, Roman Empire, all empires fall, YEAH. All Mega Powers explode, YEAH, but do the powers behind those powers die with them? That's the question, the question. It burns in my head. IT BURNS IN MY HEAD. I gotta know, can the shadows be overcome? Are the true rulers beyond my grasp? No, no, can't be, CAN'T BE. I stand for them. I stand for my family. But is it unwinnable? IS THIS UNWINNABLE!?" Road Warrior Hawk enters and tries to calm the Champ down, making him take a seat and leads him in a few deep breaths. After a particularly deep breath he starts to OOOOOOAAAAAGGGGGHHHH but stops himself so he can focus on Savage.

Hawk reminds the Macho Man that there was a time almost a year ago that he helped the Road Warriors. Things were bad back then, he'd been hurt, his partner was on the brink of a breakdown and their friendship with Sting and Lex Luger was about to turn into a blood feud, but Savage's advice helped them turn the corner. "I know you've got a tall task at hand. I know too well, I failed at that task myself! But I believe in you Macho Man! You're the WCW CHAMPION! AND THAT MEANS YOU'RE THE BEST OF THE BEST! You can take on those Flawless Diamonds, and brother, YOU CAN WIN! And if you're not enough, if the Madness isn't enough, and even your Family isn't enough... then I'll be there to back you up too!" Savage thanks him and they shake hands. Savage looked great in this

Mortis and Wrath defeat Los Guerreros (Chavo, Jr. and Hector)! Mitchell seems to be in a foul mood after Muta was denied the WCW Championship, and he orders two specters to inflict as much pain as possible. And inflict they do. Wrath absolutely mauls Hector, showing little if any sign of the beating Glacier put him through the previous night as he unloads flashy power moves and absolutely snuffs out any effort the elder Guerrero puts toward offense, blocking kicks and reversing grapples easily. Only when Wrath drags him back to the hostile corner to tag in Mortis does Hector manage a desperation move, tripping Wrath with a drop toehold and rolling him up into the Guerrero Clutch! Hector and Wrath literally roll all the way back to Chavo, allowing Hector to get the tag!

Chavo fights valiantly, capitalizing while Wrath is disoriented, but even after several big moves Wrath is able to power out and hit Chavo with a neckbreaker, then tag in Mortis. Mortis tortures Chavo for the next minute with wrenching submission moves and stiff rib shots. The youngest Guerrero almost manages to break away and make the tag, but he is dragged back from salvation and soon falls victim to the Backbreaker Rack, which Ventura informs us is called the Scream Machine. He has no choice but to tap.

After a break, VK Wallstreet calls Bobby Eaton out to the ring and orders him to uphold their agreement and sign over his hotdog stand to the control of Wallstreet Enterprises. Eaton complies, but gives a short speech. "I won't let this be the end. The Little Guy may not be a match for Big Business, and Wallstreet may beat Main Street in a fight... but that won't stop me from trying! I have a dream, and I will NEVER stop trying to fulfill it! I'll rebuild my business, and someday soon-" Wallstreet rolls his eyes and cuts Eaton off, nailing him with a boot and the Stock Market Crash! He lords the signed contract over the crowd and his fallen foe with a big smile.

Brian James and James Maritato come to the ring, and discusses how J+J has been in a rut. "I mean, it wasn't all that long ago that me and Maritato here were TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOORLD! And now where are we? I couldn't even take down that little Mexican Jumping Bean Eddy Guerrero, and I brought out my A-Game for that one. Did you see that Gory Gurrero costume? That thing took a whole weekend to put together! Well, I've decided enough is enough! So me and J.M., we put our heads together and decided their was only one way we were going to get back on track: a dose fresh blood, baby! So we went out, we held some tryouts, and by god we got ourselves a BRAND NEW JAMES! And so, LLLLLLADIES and Gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, J plus J - plus J - proudly brings to you, the B-to-the-A-to-the-D, A-double-Poisonous-Serpents, THE BAD rear end, JAAAAAAMES WINCHESTER!" The newest James makes his entrance and greets his teammates warmly before putting his game-face on.

J+J+J defeat Konnan, El Hijo del Santo, and Ultimo Dragon. While Maritato fights Dragon evenly with aerial attacks and Konnan batters Brian James with some nasty right hands and suplexes, the real story of this match is told by the showdown between former Cruiser Champion Santo and the newest "+J". James Winchester shows a brutal edge and a lot of physical strength when Santo takes flight only for his crossbody to be caught and turned into a Fallaway Slam! He taunts Santo and tells him to try again, and Santo bounces off the ropes to try the crossbody from a lower angle only to eat a tilt-o-whirl backbreaker! Winchester follows up with a gutbuster, and then a vertical suplex! Winchester seems certain that he's won and taunts the audience... but Santo refuses to stay down and fights back by drop-kicking Winchester into the ropes, arm-dragging him to the matt off the rebound, and rolling through to slap on La de a Caballo!

Unfortunately they are too close to the ropes, and Winchester is able to force his way to the break. Trying to act before Winchester can recover, Santo makes his way up the turnbuckle, looking for the Tope de Cristo... but right after he jumps Winchester rises and moves out of the way. Santo sees the dodge in time and adjusts to land on his feet... ONLY FOR WINCHESTER TO CATCH HIM RIGHT AFTER HIS LANDING WITH A LEGDROP BULLDOG! Winchester covers and gets the three as Ventura refers to the move as the Famouser.

After the match, Alex Wright comes down to the ring to mock the luchadors. He tells Konnan that his upstart rookie Heavy Metal was as much of a failure as he told everyone. "You're a failure as a trainer Konnan! Just like Santo was a failure as a champion when he lost to me! And frankly, Luchadors in general just keep proving that they're failures as Cruiserweights!"

Konnan snaps "I'm sick of your insults, ese! Pendejo, if you think you're such a tough hombre, put up your Cruiserweight Championship against me! And I'm not gonna wait until Slamboree, I WANT YOU IN TWO WEEKS, RIGHT HERE ON NITRO!" Wright arrogantly accepts the challenge, and Konnan finishes "Oh, and in case you didn't know 'champ,' two weeks from tonight? That's CINCO DE MAYO, BABY! AND I'M GONNA BRING THAT GOLD HOME!"

Kevin Nash is relaxing backstage with a delicious ham and cheese on whole wheat with tomato when he is met by King Steven Regal. Regal asks if Nash is aware that Randy Savage has elected to join forces with the Flawless Diamond's old nemesis, Road Warrior Hawk. Nash scoffs "Of course I knew. I'm a Flawless Diamond. We know everything." Regal says he figured that was the case. "You know Master Nash, We have been observing your organization since you revealed yourselves. You wield great power, and as you say evidence of your reach exists in every stronghold of professional wrestling. But no organization is invisible. Hawk knows you. He's studied you, faced you in battle. If he is advising Savage, it makes your victory at Slamboree that much more difficult. And if it's not too vulgar a way of saying it... you've already failed Lord Hennig once. Now, last night I proved that Hawk is no match for me. I would be glad to be in your corner during your pursuit of the World Title."

When Nash asks why Regal is so eager to curry favor when he claims to be royalty, Regal's explanation is simple: "It behooves even the strongest King to make the Power behind the throne a friend rather than an enemy." Nash says as a Flawless Diamond he doesn't need friends, and as an Outsider he already has a partner to watch his back... but as the next World Champion, it's his pleasure to engage in a little... diplomacy. They shake hands.

Back in the ring, The Great Muta and One Man Gang defeat Steve Armstrong and Taka Michinoku. As with the Guerreros earlier, Mitchell is clearly looking to have his sour mood lifted by watching his minions destroy others. Muta moves somewhat slowly, clearly still hurting from the previous night's battle, and Taka and Armstrong do their best to capitalize on this perceived weakness, alternating in the ring and both applying some hard-hitting flying offense. But Muta does not take kindly to this and powers through, crushing Armstrong with a series of suplexes, a dragon screw and a backbreaker, then ALLOWING him to drag himself to safety and tag in Taka. Michinoku naturally hesitates after stepping through the ropes and keeps his distance from the enraged Muta, but surprisingly Mitchell's Demon elects to tag in his partner. Taka tries to attack One Man Gang, thinking he might have a chance... but OMG is not about to be embarrassed in his first match in several weeks, and DESTROYS Taka with a two-handed chokelift into a sitdown powerbomb! He bounces off the rope and hits the prone Taka with a 747 Splash to finish the match.

Next, The Megabusters storm out to the ring with scowling faces to cut a promo in the ring. Hogan and Arn are furious after last night's defeat. "Well, we all know that Hulkamania is completely infallible brother, so if you ask me since YOU tapped out, it must have been you that dropped the ball!" Arn is quick to point out that Hogan was the one who spent half the match on his back outside the ring. The conversation gets a little more heated, but finally the two just agree to disagree.

Arn continues "Frankly, who's fault it is doesn't matter at this point. A loss is a loss. But the nice thing about the Megabusters is that while we are an incredible powerhouse as a team, the parts have the capacity to be greater than the sum. We didn't form this team to win the drat Tag Titles, we formed it to watch each other's backs and solve each other's problems while we were working toward our individual goals. Because me and the Hulkster, we're businessmen. And businessmen know that sometimes the best thing you can do when you have two problems is to roll up your shirtsleeves, solve one yourself and trust the other one to be solved by someone else. So tonight, Double A and Double H are sending a message to Benoit and Giant! Face us man-to-man at Slamboree. No tag matches, no gimmicks, two strait up fights, and we'll settle this once and for all!"

Giant and Benoit unexpectedly come out to provide their answer immediately, and Benoit's is quite simple: "I've been waiting for this a long time Arn. We accept." Everyone was great off script in this, but Hogan's Egomaniac thing is getting stale

Yummy Mummy defeats Scotty Riggs! The Mummy once again seems to be totally unstoppable. Scotty's attempts to hurt him with forearm smashes and drop kicks are shrugged off, and the Mummy simply sits on him when he attempts a sunset flip. Riggs' final attempt at offense is a turnbuckle fist drop, which connects but is once again simply ignored, and the Lord of Eternal Flavor grabs the hapless American Male and plants him with the Rainbomb for the victory.

A camera backstage comes across Raven carting around a wheeled crate. He says he has a special delivery for Uncle Eddy, and pops the lid to reveal a battered Chavo Guerrero! Raven slaps Chavo around a bit more before dumping him back inside and slamming it shut. "This is how I get what I want Eddy. I find out what my enemies love, and then I hurt those things. You love your family Eddy. The way you acted toward King Regal during your little War, and the way you acted when Brian James insulted your Papi and you wife, that told me where you were vulnerable. And now you're going to bleed. So, I bid you welcome to my dramatic reading of "The Fall of the House of Guerrero." This is the first Chapter. And your family's blood will flow... quoth the Raven... forevermore!"

Eddy Guerrero defeats the Shark to retain the TV Title. The commentary team notes that Eddy was backstage while Raven's message was on the Tron, and he has no idea what his would-be challenger has done, and Tenay wouldn't want to be around when he finds out. Heenan eggs Shark on to make the most of this title shot, telling him that this is his shot to redeem himself after last night's failure, and the big man bulldozes his way around the ring in an attempt to overwhelm Eddy with sheer size and power. But Latino Heat remains unintimidated, and he puts his technical skills on display using a variety of snap throws and grappling techniques which turn Shark's size and power against him.

The Big Fish fights hard despite Eddy avoiding or blocking almost all his offense, but his moment comes when he lands a big headbutt and follows up with a sitdown power bomb! Shark goes for the win, looking for a Shark Bomb, but Eddy shows his ring savvy by rolling out of the ring at the last moment so that Shark lands on his back! Still suffering the effect of last night's Steiner Driver, he cannot recover before Eddy scales the turnbuckle from the outside and flies to nail the Frog Splash! Eddy picks up the pinfall and retains!

The Nation of Domination appear to cut a promo. Simmons derides Team X-treme and calls Too Cold Scorpio an uncle tom. "But really, what else can one expect from Too Cold Scorpio but to be an Uncle Tom? We're talking about a man who wasted his career learning how to do useless flips and spins just to please the spoiled teenage white kids who don't appreciate what a real wrestler is capable of accomplishing. What a real Black Man is capable of accomplishing. Well, I educated Too Cold last night. And when he was struck by the ultimate symbol of black power, the mighty fist of a strong black athlete... well, what else could we expect but for a pretender like him to fall before it?"

RVD and Sabu interrupt. RVD calls Simmons an intolerant windbag and says that EVERYONE knows that he cheated to win last night. Team X-treme isn't ready to surrender to the Nation just yet, but clearly they're not going to get a fair match with Simmons as long as his boys are around to help him sneak weapons and distract refs. Therefore, RVD and Sabu challenge Simmons' cheating minions, Aaron and Nelson, to a tag match! Teddy Long seems to perk up at the suggestion and accepts, perhaps a little TOO eagerly for Simmons liking.

Finally, it's the Main Event! The Outsiders defeat Ric Flair and Randy Savage and retain the Tag Titles! Despite Hennig's earlier comments, Ric Flair does indeed show up for the tag title match... but he's visibly limping and covered in bruises and stitches. Macho Man shows concern for his partner, but Flair tells him that he'll pull his weight, and the match starts in earnest with Hall facing off with the Champion! Hall proves a slippery competitor, quick to escape outside the ring whenever Savage seems to press his advantage, but Savage quickly loses patience with this and flies over the ropes with a suicide dive! The two brawl outside the ring for an 8-count, appearing very evenly matched, and rather than continue when they roll back in Hall tags in his partner. Nash puts the chip on his shoulder on full display and pounds Savage with a series of brutal power moves before boot-choking him in the corner. The Champ manages to escape and fights back with some flashy rope maneuvers and a snappy scoop slam, but he's clearly hurting. Flair begs for the tag, and Savage reluctantly agrees to the breather.

Flair pounces on Nash eagerly, and though his left leg is clearly still showing a limp he doesn't give an inch to Big Sexy. Knife edge chops, arm bars, key locks and elbow strikes keep the big man totally in check, and soon Flair forces him to the mat to start working over his knee... only for Hall to jump in and kick the Nature Boy right in the skull! Flair seems to be out like a light, and Nash compounds the problem with a big vertical suplex. But then comes an unexpected move: he tosses a limp Flair back to Savage's corner and DARES the Champion to tag himself in. Savage obliges, and the brawl that ensues is a vision of their final minutes in the chamber, a contest of wills and big punches... and this time it's Savage that seems to be coming out on top as Nash's knees start to buckle. Savage pulls back for a big right cross... and Hall intrudes again with a clothesline! The ref is irate as he forces Hall back to his corner, which proves to be the perfect opportunity for Nash to sneak in a low blow! Savage collapses and Nash eagerly follows up with a schoolboy and earns himself a three-count over the World Champion.

Tenay and Schiavoni are sickened and rant that Nash needed a tag partner, illegal interference, and hurt Ric Flair and a drat Pearl Harbor job low blow to put down the Champion. But Ventura says all that matters is that he DID put down the Champion, and there's nothing stopping the same thing from happening at Slamboree! Once you get the belt, how you got it don't matter. Flair and Macho have excellent tag chemistry!

With Flair and Savage dazed, Luger comes out after the match to rant at the Diamonds for cheating. "But cheating is all you're good for, isn't it Nash? You've been cheating to win since you got here. And last night you pinned Ric by taking advantage of what others did to him, and you beat me while I was blind and burning from that drat green mist! I don't care if it was legal under the match rules, at the end of the day, it's just you finding a new way to cheat! But I've got news for you "Flawless Diamond Steel," cheating or no cheating you I REFUSE to let you take the title! And if Savage can't stop you because they're going to play dirty, then The Total Package is going to make sure that the Outsiders never make it to Slamboree!" Hall and Nash dare Luger to come down to the ring and make good on that boast, but the standoff is interrupted when Hennig joins Luger on the ramp and gets in his face.

"You're a real entertainer Luger. Listening to you threaten my men, I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or cheer for your big heroics myself. But if you're really planning to injure Kevin Nash and keep him from wrestling for the title, the Flawless Diamond is going to have to do something... drastic to make sure that doesn't happen. For example, I could break you. I could snap you like a twig, RIGHT HERE AND NOW." He pauses for a moment to let the tension build, then says "But I have a better idea. I'll show you just how superior we Diamonds really are. I offer you, The Total Package Lex Luger, the chance to prove that you're not a failure. The chance to redeem the humiliation you and Ric Flair heaped on the honorable Horsemen last night, and every other time you've DARED to try and stop us. One chance, and once chance only: Lex Luger vs Curt Hennig, 1-on-1 at Slamboree, for my AWA Championship." Luger hesitates, and Hennig pushes once more. "I know you want to bring me down, Lex. Make your choice. You can either try to help Savage protect the WCW title... or you can take this once-in-a-lifetime shot. Stop me, end our plans, bring down the greatest force in the history of wrestling, the force that's conquered every other wrestling promotion on Earth. And do it with your own two hands wrapped about my throat." Luger finally accepts and they stare down to end the show.

The Main Event and the final promo were super hot, and in fact there was a ton of good stuff on this show... but I have to penalize it. Some of the stories just have not been panning out. Number wise they're fine, but we need better QUALITY. I mean, Hot Dogs, really? Either way, until they improve the number of good quality plots they have running, I'd say this show was a C+ overall

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

Didn't they stab caesar?

Evil masterminds reserve the right to take liberties with literary reference when making dramatic speeches.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

HA, what a great show. Gertner is as treasure just like you promised. Angle is a perfect top monster heel for ECW and I actually want to see how Shane Douglas responds, which is something I never thought I'd say. Piper's promo owned (I'm actually really sad, I was planning to propose a crossover event with ECW myself, but I didn't have any time because of all the writeups I had to do by myself, and since nobody was around to discuss any particulars for a proposal there was no way to figure out if it was workable.) And HEAD HAS ARRIVED! :swoon:

I'm so glad ECW is part of the game now. It'll encourage me to speed up the write-ups to make sure I can see your next episode.

quote:

Kid Rock Heat

It's so true. :qq:

EDIT: I'm actually curious, can anyone articulate the reason you all hate Kid Rock? I mean, is the name just that poison all by itself to wrestling fans for years of overplayed Pay Per View themes? Because he's been a pretty minor part of the show overall and I find it hard to think of anything he's done that would have made him so unlikeable. He hung out with Public Enemy, he fought Shark, he had that nice little tables match with Meng... I actually thought his feud with Simmons around WW3/Starrcade, which was by far his biggest storyline, was pretty good. And then he's just done some title defenses and been a smaller part of the Flawless Diamonds plot.

I dunno, it just seems weird to me. But I guess I shouldn't complain, because those segments of DDP just destroying him with ambushes the last couple weeks were what tipped Mr. Page over the Main Eventer threshold :)

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 5, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

I just wanted to see if anyone was paying enough attention to notice Kid Rock heat.

I wrote the Piper promo by watching a bunch of Piper promos on YouTube and typing a stream of consciousness paragraph into a document as fast as I could like I had just done a line of coke and I guess it worked!

Well, he WAS voted Worst Of WCW.

Also that's pretty much exactly how I've been writing Macho Man's promos :dominic::respek::dominic:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Kid Rock wasn't going to win MITB at all (by the time he left it was concretely Goldust), but he would have been really helpful in that match's rating, and we actually wanted to have a feud involving him.

But I hate him because Simmons was actually having a really cool, very well-written storyline involving the US title, and here comes Kid Rock, who isn't nearly as cool and has a much worse character (and who you admitted will be pushed to the moon in place of Rocky) to take the US title from him. And then you involve him in the extremely good Flawless Diamonds storyline against Raven (very good character) and DDP (someone who the WWF is VERY high on). Pretty much the problem that Cena had in 2005, where the (mostly internet) fans liked the people he was feuding with more over him.

Can I just reiterate how much I love this game? All the little twists and turns inside and outside the ring, the ways we both play with history AND diverge from it to tell our stories and run our feds, and most of all the reactions we have to each other's work and that in turn informs the game even further, it's just such a treat.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

quote:

Here's some spoilers from the taping of WCW Saturday Night:

-Eric Bischoff shared his latest brilliant idea. Saturday Night is too old fashioned, from the sets to the music. Some people like it, but some people want something new, so he's going to bring them both! Starting the first week of May with the Season Premier, this show will be rechristened as WCW Worldwide!

-Chavo Guerrero, Jr. defeats "Champagne" Chris Kanyon.

-Glacier cuts a promo about Mortis, saying he didn't foresee his return but he won't be caught off-guard again.

-Shinya Hashimoto defeats Ekmo with the Jumping Spike DDT.

-Teddy Long promo putting down the Nation's opponent tonight, says not only the white man keeps the black man down, but the Asian man keeps the black man down as well!

-Aaron Muhammad defeats Taka Michinoku with the Axe Kick.

-Backstage RVD and Sabu watch Muhammad's match and seem concerned at Muhammad's skills, but vow to win.

-Disco Inferno defeats Scott Norton with the Last Dance.

-Video Package: Alex Wright defeats Heavy Metal, then taunts Konnan. Konnan challenges him for the Cruiser Title

-Main Event: Konnan defeats La Parka with Splash Mountain.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Discount Trombones posted:

Oh, no writeup? Well I guess the results will have to...

You are very cruel people.

We were given pretty strict rules about how to run the B-Shows when they were brought back sadly. Tight-fisted TV exec bastards :argh:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Paper Lion posted:

I'm a giant WCW and ECW mark, do either camp need a new writer? I don't have PMs to get the info :(

Please come help WCW, we need it. I'm sure Happyman can arrange a method to send you the info other than PMs. Maybe create a throwaway email account and post it in the thread?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Usenet report from FlawlessDia-mark9000 posted:

WCW Monday Nitro was HOT this week! And the Internet's got the scoops, brother!

Hulk Hogan cuts a promo on Giant to open the show. Hogan says that no man is bigger than Hulkamania... except perhaps for the Hulkster himself! "Thanks to Hulkamania I've made a career out of breaking jacks who thought they were monsters. Mere mortals like you folks may be no match for them no matter how many prayers and vitamins you take, but the Hulkster has beaten them all, Brother! Even the biggest one in history, Big Andre himself, was nothing but a stepping stone for Hulk Hogan! And let me tell YOU somethin' brothers! As far as I'm concerned, WCW's Giant is just another failure who THINKS he'll be the one to kill Hulkamania! But it's going to keep running wild forever, no matter how bad the crybabies in the internet wish it would end!"

Hogan's rant is interrupted when Giant comes out! The World's Largest Athlete states his case calmly: "Two weeks ago at Sping Stampede, I knocked the Immortal Hulk Hogan unconscious with one punch. After that punch, you never got back into that match. Even with a tag team partner as dominate as Arn Anderson buying you time, you were done... with one punch. When it's one-on-one at Slamboree, with nobody to help you... well Hulkster, Hulkamania won't be running wild, it'll be LIMPING HOME!"

Outside the arena on a flight of stairs Glacier is meditating in the night air. He's clearly wounded since his ribs and shoulder are taped up. Shinya Hashimoto sits at his side. Glacier stays silent, but Hashi surprisingly speaks in fluent English! "I am sure you have questions. There is only one thing you need to know. I knew the man who Mortis once was. I will help you stop the man who controls him, Mitchell. Rest for now." Glacier inclines his head slightly, and Hashi leaves him.

Shinya Hashimoto defeats Ice Train! Mitchell is at ringside to oversee as one of Wrath's thralls takes on Glacier's new ally. Hashimoto locks up with Ice Train to start off and shocking completely overwhelms him in the test of strength before shoving him into the ropes and landing a big Belly-to-Belly suplex! Ice quickly shakes off his surprise and fights back with some rushing offence, going with shoulder blocks and strikes. Hashi takes the beating, and when Ice finally tries to go for a full nelson slam he reverses into a DDT!

The Shogun outmanuevers several more grappling attempts, converting the reversal into a different DDT variant each time, until Ice Train is barely able to stand from the blows to the head. Hashi offers his opponent a respectful bow to signal his finisher, and nails the Jumping Spike DDT. Tenay tells us that Hashimoto calls the move the Kusanagi as he picks up the three.

Brian James cuts a promo in ring, informing the WCW fans that he and his partners intend to target the Outsiders and capture the Tag Team Championship! "Why? Because there's a new J in J+J, and Winchester is a J that is here to stay! Night or day, come what may! And he's not here to play!" James promises that once against J+J will be TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOOORLD. Once he finishes, Winchester grabs the mike and adds "AND IF YOU'RE NOT DOWN WITH THAT, WE GOT FOUR WORDS FOR YOU: KISS MY BAD rear end!"

The duo are interrupted by the Thrillseekers! Christian tells them that if they want a shot at the tag champs, they better get in line! "If anyone is bringing down the Outsiders it's going to be the hottest team in WCW, and that's the Thrillseekers!" Brian suggests that the two put their money where their mouth is, and fight them RIGHT NOW!

The New J+J (James Winchester and Brian James) defeat The Thrillseekers! Christian and Brian James start the match off, and the young hot-shot fires away at J+J's mouthpiece, quickly overwhelming him with up-tempo moves. Brian tries to fight back with the old Shake, Rattle and Roll and a clothesline, but Cage easily dodge and delivers a european uppercut, then lifts into a fireman's carry and delivers a gutbuster! Brian sells for a bit while Christian plays to the crowd, but soon comes back with boot to the spine that knocks Cage to the second rope, where he follows up with a body guillotine! Cage is hurt, but manages to rise just long enough to land a surprise neckbreaker, leaving both men on the floor.

Double hot tags bring Winchester and Storm into the mix, and it's a classic power vs technique showdown as Billy aims for elbows, kicks and power slam variants but Lance counters with skillfull grappling and takedowns. Lance seems to be in control, frustrating Winchester's attacks at every turn and setting up for the Canadian Maple Leaf... but Brian James distracts the ref and Winchester hits a blatant low blow! Lance if stunned by the pain and eats a Famouser and a dirty pin despite Cage's protests.

Hennig and Luger are in Commisioner Rude's office, where they sign their contract for the AWA title match at Slamboree. Rude is happy that the two men could work out their differences and thinks this match will be big business for WCW. Luger tells the Commisioner to shut up, and says that this Flawless Diamonds conspiracy is going to come to a quick end once Hennig is up in the Torture Rack. "You won't look like such a mastermind when you're tapping out, Mr. Flawless."

Hennig just smiles and tells Luger that by the way, he took the liberty of asking Commisioner Rude to book his opponent a little tune up match for tonight's Main Event. He'll be taking on Scott Hall one-on-one TONIGHT! Luger glares at Rude, who simply shrugs, then leaves.

Eddy Guerrero and Kid Rock defeat The Navigators. Sonny Oono is out for payback after last week, and his robotic clients are in overdrive. Lucky Tonzura keeps Kid Rock locked town with high-velocity moves, bouncing off the ropes like mad to hit the US Champ with crossbodies and clotheslines that knock the wind out of him. Kid tries to fight back with his usual mix of martial arts kicks and impact moves, but the Navigators keep him locked down with quick tags and corner traps and work him over. Eddy is helpless as they come in for the double team and set up the Most Excellent Kicks Mix in the center of the ring... but Kid Rock dodges, making Gorgeous boot his partner out of mid-flight!

Tonzura rolls all the way out of the ring fro the impact, and The DJ is clearly confused by what happened, and the opening allows Kid Rock to land the Bullgod, but he's too hurt to go for the pin. Gorgeous crawls to his corner to recover, but his partner is still being tended to by Oono so there is no tag to be had. Kid Rock on the other hand reaches Eddy, and Latino Heat unloads! Suplex, arm drag, suplex, headlock, neckbreaker, boston crab, all in a single fluid motion, and Eddy has DJ Gorgeous flat on his back and totally motionless. Tonzura slowly climbs back into the ring hoping to make the save, but he's too late as Eddy nails the Frog Splash and makes the pin.

After the match Raven appears on the ramp... and he's got Hector Guerrero tied up and gagged! He locks the defenseless Hector under his arm and asks Eddy for his opinion on the latest chapter of the Fall of the House of Guerrero? "This next part of the story gets a little graphic, Eddy. But there could still be a surprise happy ending. All you have to do is give me the TV title shot!"

Eddy seems torn, but finally refuses. "My family is a family of wrestlers, and my papi, Gory Guerrero, taught Hector just like he taught me: when you have a Championship, you have a responsibility to the company and to the people in the stands to do the right thing! I WILL NEVER GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT RAVEN!" Raven's response is to plant Hector on the ramp with an Evenflow DDT.

Eddy chases Raven to the back, and Kid Rock moves to follow and help him. But as soon as Kid slides out of the ring he gets ambushed by one of the camera men! It's DDP again! He beats Kid with the camera, ties his hands with the cables and stomps the US Champ into submission. He stands over Kid's body and throws up the Diamond Cutter sign with a BANG! As usual, Raven was great off-script

Rey Misterio, Jr. and Konnan defeat Ciclope and Perry Saturn! Konnan takes it to Ciclope early on because he seems more interested in taunting Misterio and trying to get him to tag in than in fighting him off, and Konnan is glad to use the distraction to show why Alex Wright should be on notice. He lands some big power moves and then rolls Ciclope up for a two-count, forcing the All-Seeing Eye to fight back with his chain-wrestling. Once the pace is slowed Konnan finds it nearly impossible to get his offense going again, but a smartly timed elbow strike allows him to make the tag!

Rey comes in with a big springboard senton and starts punching Ciclope in the face while sitting on his chest, but Ciclope manages to throw the smaller man off and escape back to his corner. Saturn tags in and hit Misterio hard with a double underhook powerbomb. He follows with a running knee drop then drags him up for some big right hands before prepairing him for an inverted atomic drop... but Misterio counters with a headscissors takedown! Misterio is a firebrand, nailing his signature high-flying offense and escaping all attempts by Saturn to strike back. The match is settled when Mistrio uses a diving Hurricanrana to throw Saturn onto the second rope, then whips through the second and third ropes to hit a kick to Saturn's head which sets up the West Coast Pop and the pinfall.

WCW Champion Randy Savage and Road Warrior Hawk come down to the ring for a promo. Hawk dismisses Lex Luger's comments last week that Savage can't stand up to the Flawless Diamonds. "I know Hennig and the Diamonds better than anyone! And knowing them, there's nobody he'd trust more to handle this crises than the Macho Man, just like there's nobody who is more deserving of the WCW Championship!" Savage thanks Hawk for his confidence and vows that he will beat Kevin Nash at Slamboree, just like he beat in the Elimination Chamber and retain his title! "This gold is goin' NOWHEEEEERE! DIG IT!"

King Steven Regal and Kevin Nash interrupt. The King mocks Savage, saying that he only won in the cage because he entered last and Nash had already endured the other competitors. "Randy Savage is nothing but a relic of a bygone age. And there's only one use for a relic: to serve as a trophy for someone more worthy." Nash says that King Regal is the smartest man in WCW. Not only does he know the proper place for dinosaurs like the Macho Man, he's also chosen the winning side in the Diamonds campaign to take over, which is more than he can say for any of the other schlubs backstage. He concludes by saying The Flawless Diamonds will capture the WCW title at Slamboree, and there's not a drat thing Hawk or Savage can do about it. Everyone did good off script except, weirdly, Nash

Rob Van Dam defeats Doug Williams. Not much to this contest due to short length, but Van Dam played to the crowd with a lot of flourish and leading them in "ROB-VAN-DAM" chants. Williams was clearly out-classed by the Educated Feet of Mr. Monday Night, and after a big spinning heel kick leads into Rolling Thunder the match is virtually over. A Five-Star Frog Splash sews up the win. These two had poor chemistry

After the match, Nelson X and Aaron Muhammad run in while RVD is celebrating! Muhammad grapples RVD while Nelson grabs a chair. He goes in to blast Van Dam from behind with the chair shot, but Sabu runs in just in time and spoils the ambush, dropkicking Nelson's chair so it hits him in the face! Nelson rolls to safety, and Sabu tosses RVD the Chair, who tosses it into Muhammad's hand and hits the Van Daminator! The Nation of Domination flees as Team X-treme stands tall.

Sting and Rick Steiner defeat Shark and Meng! Sting starts off against Meng strong, clearly looking to extract some retribution for what Meng put his friend Flair through in the chamber. Meng looks ready to tear Sting limb from limb after being forced into the corner and taking a Stinger Splash, but at Heenan's direction he makes an early tag out to Shark to avoid more damage.

Shark comes in hard and lays Sting out with a few power slams and an ironic corner splash of his own, throwing everything he's got at the Stinger but just not able to manage the pin after a few nearfalls. Sting rallies back hard after narrowly avoiding the Shark Bomb to make the hot tag. Rick comes in very hot and builds momentum fast with strikes and takedowns which capitalize on Sting's offense, eventually setting him up to repeat last nights feat of landing a Steiner Driver for the pinfall!

Bobby Heenan cuts a promo on Rick Steiner from the ramp, drawing his attention. He says his family may have lost the Championship, but Meng proved he's the most brutal man on the roster in that Chamber by destroying the mighty Nature Boy. Now he's going to turn that fury loose and finally make the Dog-Face Gremlin play dead!

Meng bull rushes Sting to throw him out of the ring and then applies the Tongan Death Grip to Steiner thanks to Heenan's distraction. Security are forced to physically separate them as Meng will not release the hold until Steiner is unconscious.

Video Promo: A man in a suit walks with purpose down a hallway. He kicks open a door, and we see a courtroom, the judge demanding to know what's going on. The camera pans back, smoke clouds the man standing in the doorway... but we hear a familiar snarl. The words "BACK IN SESSION" appear.

We then cut to the bowels of the arena, and see a sarcophagus in all the colors of the rainbow. An unidentifiable gloved hand brushes over the intricate carvings of fruit. A voice speaks from offscreen: "Everything has gone according to my plan. Nobody suspects. The Yummy Mummy's curse remains over WCW, and it only grows stronger. Soon, I will have my revenge!"

The coffin opens and the Yummy Mummy steps out without a word. The hand points to a far wall. "Great Pharoh of Flavor, lets your dark gaze fall over that man! Destroy him for me! Fulfill the promise of your curse!" The Mummy raises his arms and lets out a haunting moan, and the camera pans over to reveal... a wall covered in photos of Booker T!

VK Wallstreet defeats Chris Benoit when Arn Anderson interferes! Benoit starts off looking strong, practically flying around the ring and running circles around Wallstreet with a technician offense and stiff body shots. Benoit eventually gets Wallstreet into the corner and lands a brutal series of knife-edge chops and rib kicks before being forced apart by the ref. Wallstreet tries to rally back with a big boot and an impressive lariat but Benoit clearly outclasses him, eventually locking into the Crossface in the middle of the ring.

Wallstreet looks ready to tap but suddenly Arn Anderson appears, running down to the ring! He draws the refs attention by climbing on the apron just as Wallstreet begins to tap wildly! Since the bell hasn't run, Wallstreet gasps and claws himself towards the rope, grabbing it just as Arn loses the ref's attention, forcing him to break up the hold. Benoit is incensed and gets up to argue with the ref and with Anderson, only for the still winded Wallstreet to sneak up from behind and give Benoit the schoolboy rollup! The ref counts 1...2...3! Wallstreet steals a victory and IMMEDIATLY books it for the back, making sure that Anderson is between him and the Rabid Wolverine as he makes his escape. Arn simply crosses his arms and give a Benoit, who is ALMOST too shocked to be angry (but not quite), his biggest smug smirk.

Anderson mocks Benoit after the match, saying that was just the tip of the iceberg. "Chris, I'm going to take away everything from you. Because you had the arrogance to think you could challenging me, I'll make sure the mighty Crippler never wins another match, never earns another dime, and never knows a moment's happiness."

Benoit picks up a mic and says "Nice speech Arn. Allow me to present my rebuttal," before catapulting himself over the top rope and nailing Arn with a plancha. Arn books it out of the Arena through the crowd, escaping Benoit's revenge, but The Rabid Wolverine poses at the top of the stairs for the fans.

Backstage, Cruiser Champion Alex Wright chastises Doug Williams for losing to RVD. Williams reminds Wright that he doesn't have time to be worried about appearances when Konnan picked up a victory tonight. The Champ grimaces and says that an barbarian like Konnan couldn't possibly defeat a Blue Blood like him and clutches his title closely. He swears that on THIS Cinco De Mayo, Europe is going be the one who beats Mexico!

Main Event: Scott Hall defeats Lex Luger! Scott Hall comes out with the Flawless Diamond himself in his corner. Hennig gives Hall some instructions as Luger makes his way to the ring, and the Badguy and the Total Package share an intense staredown until Hall slaps him full in the face. Luger responds by body tackling Hall to the matt and mercilessly beating him as the starting bell rings. Hall fights his way out of the brawl and checks out of the ring for a breather as Luger taunts him. When he reenters the ring, Hall scouts Luger's suplex attempt and gets him into a headlock, wrenching his neck as he mocks the audience. Luger powers out and Irish Whips looking for an early Forearm Smash (or as Tenay calls it, the Luger Bullet), but Hall begs off again and rolls out of the ring, eating up the boos.

Luger quickly becomes enraged and goes after him, and the match devolves into big punches and slams into the barricades and ring stairs. After a particularly nasty military press drops him stomach first onto the metal divider, Hall limps back into the ring. Luger pursues only to be taken down with a legbar! Hall gains momentum quickly and blasts Lex with some nasty punches and a corner lariat which earns him a two. He follows up with his patented second rope fallaway slam for another two. A diving bulldog gives him a 2.9, and he arrogantly slaps Luger in the back of the head for kicking out... which in turn causes Luger to wrap his arm around Halls neck and start punching him in the forehead as fast as he can! Hall tries to squirm out of Lex's hold but the Total Package's strength is too great! Without releasing his opponent's head he delivers a bulldog of his own, rolls over and lands a DDT! Hall seems to be out, and Luger hoists him into his shoulders looking for the Torture Rack... but he's too close to the ropes and Hall manages to grab one on the way up.

Luger is clearly flabbergasted at this turn of events, and after he releases the hold he turn on the ref and starts asking if he's on the Diamond's payroll, if he's another part of the conspiracy! He's so incensed with his argument that he doesn't notice when Hall pulls him into rollup... and puts his feet on the ropes for leverage without the ref noticing! The official counts the three without seeing Hall cheat, giving the Diamond Stud a tainted victory!

Luger snaps after the match and goes after Hennig, looking to avenge being cheated. Hennig goads him, which makes him oblivious to Hall going for a chair until it hits him from behind. Hall gets in a few more shots until Flair runs down to help with a chair of his own! The two Horsemen run the Diamonds off.

Flair grabs a mic and tells Hennig that he won't let the Flawless Diamond cheat his friend Lex again! "There won't be any tricks this time Hennig! Because this time, THE NATURE BOY will be in Lex Luger's corner! You can bet your rear end that you won't be sneaking anything past the Dirtiest Player in the Game! And that means that Luger is walking out of Slamboree as the AWA CHAMPION! WOOOOOO!"

Lots of good segments on this show, and more than enough new storylines to peak my interest! I'd give the show a solid B

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 12, 2014

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bischoff's Shameful Secret posted:

I got spoilers for the last episode of WCW Saturday Night! See you next week on Worlwide!

Eric Bischoff starts the show, acts smug about the launch of WCW Worldwide next week, says the action will be better than ever before!

Champagne Chris Kanyon defeats Ultimo Dragon

Nation of Domination (Nelson X and Aaron Muhammad) vs. The Rock'n'Roll Express, Nelson goes over with a handful of tights.

Teddy Long promo putting over Nation and belittling Sabu / RVD, talking about how until you've faced the oppression of the man you don't know what Extreme is.

James Maritato defeats El Hijo del Santo, also holding his tights in a rollup, but until that point it was a very even match. Maritato would make a great cruiserweight!

Beulah McGillicutty was there to advocate for her client, Rey Misterio Jr.! As much as she'd love to see what kind of cutey he is behind that mask, she knows nothing is more important to her client than Luchador traditions! So please, cheer him on at Slamboree in his match against Ciclope so he can finally unmask that jerk!

Christian Cage defeated Psicosis clean

Chavo Guerrero cut a promo, saying that Raven's attacks on their family won't go unanswered!

Main Event: Eddy Guerrero vs Bam Bam Bigelow, TV Title on the line! Eddy Retains in an all-out match! This was a real blowout! Eddy and Bam Bam both went full throttle, all their signature spots. They made the TV title look like a million bucks and gave Saturday Night one hell of a sendoff. Its just a drat shame that they had so-little in-ring chemistry because just in terms of effort they blew the doors of the joint!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Douglas vs Angle is getting tense. Poor Gurtner. Al Snow's gonna stab somebody.

Meanwhile up north, Scotty continues to amuse, and the intruige surrounding Goldust's injury is interesting. Also I marked out for the Box Office Bossman. But I hate seeing Taz drop a pinfall to Vader. He better tear Fucktrain's head off at Deadly Games.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Nice job reforming the New Age Outlaws, WCW. Good for you that they're successful, but screw them for beating the Thrillseekers. But really, good job fixing your storylines and making them interesting (and realistic, Benoit was never good on the mic).

Oh, and I think I know who the Yummy Mummy is now! It's Jeff Jarrett! I think. Or Dan Severn.

Actually Benoit has developed his mic skills significantly. He spent almost a year doing weekly segments with Nash, Hall and Arn and it made him pretty solid. He's even not horrible at unscripted poo poo anymore, or at least he blunders it far less often.

Also, I wouldn't write off the Thrillseekers just yet. Expect further developments on that front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Luigi Thirty posted:

On the other hand, Douglas got a B- for that promo when we cut him loose which is amazing at our popularity. :smug:

Oh god, Shane Douglas getting over cannot lead to anything but sorrow. I wish you all luck.

• Locked thread