Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

redshirt posted:

S-s-s-s-snowstorm?@!

darude - snowstorm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

if by "live off the land" you mean get brutally insanely murdered during food riots

in the event of an inbound solar fart of that magnitude you should probably just load up the car with spaghetti-Os and bottled water and warm clothes and haul rear end to the yukon or something (don't forget the manual can opener either, scrub)

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Yeah?! Pretend you're smoking outside.

I wish I could smoke some weed that would be nice but I will be high on the night and cool arctic air

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

mookface posted:

I wish I could smoke some weed that would be nice but I will be high on the night and cool arctic air

I meant cigarettes bro, get your mind out of the gutter.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

I meant cigarettes bro, get your mind out of the gutter.

my body is a temple redshirt

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

mookface posted:

my body is a temple redshirt

Enforced by piss test, right?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I'm in southwest CT and I'm pretty sure I'm going to be seeing TV commercials tomorrow promising that a republican governor would have worked harder to bring solar flares to Connecticut instead of raising taxes.

THS posted:

it happened in the early 60s and at that time there was like 1 satellite so uhh

not hosed but it would be a bad week for global telecommunications i tell you what
Yeah, but that satellite is still up there.

Feranon posted:

only time we ever got auroras where I live was during the 1989 event and I was only a babby then.

wake me up when we get another one of those
I remember those, I was 5 years old. Was hoping to see it again today but all I can see is a bunch of stars and 2 clouds.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Enforced by piss test, right?

Well I did some LSD and cocaine on turnaround but that stuffs out of your system in a couple of days. I'll try climbing a roof and see if I can get some cool pictures

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I am heading out with multiple cameras and recording devices. Wish me luck!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
dont forget your sunglasses the UV light is dangerous even if it doesn't seem bright to your eyes

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

clouds finally moved out. went outside, looked north, ain't poo poo

gently caress this gay sun

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I ain't seen poo poo and it's cold as gently caress outside. What's this 40 degree poo poo?!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Anyone around the Portland, Or area go check it out? I was considering it, but I didn't want to drive 40 mins tonight if it was going to be a dud.

was it like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG3eus4ZSo

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 13, 2014

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

it's over already. it was over before it even got dark in most of North America.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
solar storms are supposed to kill transformers. stay dead.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
did anyoen see the aurore

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Spotted.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

thats belle you idiot

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
good news i gained superpowers bad news the powers are i have the proportiomsl strength and stamina of a deep dish pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ilikedirt posted:

good news i gained superpowers bad news the powers are i have the proportiomsl strength and stamina of a deep dish pizza

Pineapple Boy can be your sidekick.

• Locked thread