Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Hayburner posted:

i love Winamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaF-nRS_CWM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I've got an Amiga 1200 I fire up from time to time to play games, does that count?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Norton Commander

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

the ssh protocol

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Bargearse posted:

I've got an Amiga 1200 I fire up from time to time to play games, does that count?

do you fire it up and play a specific game daily? or is it a website you visit daily? then no

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
altavista or die

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
never stop using wordpad yo

doesn't auto correct auto format or any o that goddamn auto poo poo i dun need

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

you irl posted:

do you fire it up and play a specific game daily? or is it a website you visit daily? then no

yeah, it's gotta be somewhat integral to your daily (or at least every couple of days) routine to count

also i have used this as my desktop background for at least like 12 years now

so peaceful...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

does NES games count

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

Zen Punk fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 15, 2014

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."
I found a couple of custom content sites for Catz that still work! I got my childhood favorite breed. :3:

Mini FLuffies! They make no loving sense, but I didn't care. It enabled me to breed pink alleycats and poo poo. :radcat:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
all this talk about catz, i guess i know what im doing at work today

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I gotta say paint and notepad as well

.txt is best format

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

you irl posted:

all this talk about catz, i guess i know what im doing at work today

:kimchi: Productivity, destroyed.

NOTE: if any of you goons install catz/dogz/oddballz, fix the resolution on your monitor to a square size, and run it in compatibility mode if you can. If you don't, the catz become eyeless, warped eldritch nightmares. :frogsiren:

Freakbox fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 15, 2014

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Winamp. I tried foobar, but the UI is terrible and I couldn't be bothered to spend hours tweaking it to act like Winamp.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

TerryLennox posted:

Ah, Lotus Notes. Basically if any company has a contract with an IBM subsidiary, partner or franchise (GBM), they'll get pressured to use the Lotus suite, including Sametime, Notes and many other programs that stylistically resemble a Windows 3.1 application.

Guess what email suite the bank uses...

I covertly have a dedicated gmail account for all work stuff that I have told everyone to use instead of my "official" email, just so I don't have to use the Lotus Notes suite so kindly provided by the company. Jesus that is a horrid, bloated pile of crappy software.

Someone tell me: is there a better IRC client for Windows than mIRC? Just got a new Windows 7 laptop after using a Macbook for years and it seems I am ending up downloading all of the same stuff I used back in 2007.

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 15, 2014

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Daily status meetings get boring.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

contrapants posted:

Daily status meetings get boring.

seconding this. there is not a week i do not play some Nethack; i dont know why they keep making new games they already made the best one

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
at work I have to use adp for managing my work orders and the underlying architecture is still based on the dumb terminal mainframe systems of way back.

they tried to slap a GUI on it to make it more modern but everyone hates it and reverts it back to the old school command line screen

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
I occasionally open Dosbox for some Alley Cat or Commander Keen.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

LifeSizePotato posted:

nice, this is what i'm talkin about

sometimes i fantasize about still using windows 98 but you just can't get by these days

You can use me baby. You can use me forever and ever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Catpain Slack posted:

I occasionally open Dosbox for some Alley Cat or Commander Keen.

Commander Keen was totally my poo poo

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

feels like windows 3.x but isn't somehow

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
uTorrent 2.2.1

Last good version. All of the versions after that were adware infested shitchunks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dick Fagballzson posted:

uTorrent 2.2.1

Last good version. All of the versions after that were adware infested shitchunks.

you should try qbittorrent. Its fast and non-adware poo poo with a lot of options. i made the switch a year or so ago after using the same utorrent

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

feels like windows 3.x but isn't somehow

i used a version of cuteftp from like 1997 (to download warez and mp3s i found on oth.net, of course) up until a couple years ago when i switched to filezilla

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Version 7.04

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
nthing the love for Paint Shop Pro. I was using v6, upgraded to v7 when it came out, and that copy has been amongst the first things moved to every new machine I've had since then. It whinges about registry entries on launch these days, and sometimes crashes rather than actually closing, and if you go near the gradient fill settings after having used the shape tool it'll fall right over, but still it remains dead handy for dicking about with sprite sheets to this day.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Naxuz posted:

I covertly have a dedicated gmail account for all work stuff that I have told everyone to use instead of my "official" email, just so I don't have to use the Lotus Notes suite so kindly provided by the company. Jesus that is a horrid, bloated pile of crappy software.

Someone tell me: is there a better IRC client for Windows than mIRC? Just got a new Windows 7 laptop after using a Macbook for years and it seems I am ending up downloading all of the same stuff I used back in 2007.

Hexchat. It's a free fork of X-Chat for Windows and it's replaced X-Chat on a number of Linux distributions as well. My fav Windows IRC client. Nice scripting too. http://hexchat.github.io/

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Rutibex posted:

seconding this. there is not a week i do not play some Nethack; i dont know why they keep making new games they already made the best one

I can't believe I forgot about Nethack. Yeah, that's on my list too.

Although now I'm also going to have to figure out how (if at all) I can play Commander Keen on my mac.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

http://www.noah.org/acidwarp/

I also have poo poo like skem11.zip which I've used for sketching schematics of tube amplifiers because I'm a budding greybeard and would rather use a busted old MS-DOS program designed specifically for electronics schematics than vectorworks, autocad, or nanocad, all of which I have access to.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
argh beaten!

MS-DOS and alley cat.

also this crusty relic, megamek

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 16, 2014

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Irssi

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Notepad

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Megamek. Also Windows 2008R2. Lol I work at a functional company.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

irssi is not very old... well, i guess 99 is 15 years old :gonk:

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
wtf is with people playing alley cat daily this isn't about what old game you ran on dosbox once for nostalgia god im so loving angry

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

at my old job the database system was in Progress and apparently hadn't really been updated since 1993, it also used a dos-based gui called 'Bluescreen' because it was a big honking blue screen for data analysis stuff.

im not a programmer so im not sure if this makes 100% sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Every new Mac I use gets Menu Meters:

http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters/

The newest version requires OS X 10.4, which came out in 2005. Amazingly enough it shows multiple CPU's just fine even multi-core CPU's were pretty rare and no one had multi-core processors.

• Locked thread