Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Gob's program.

code:
PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS PENUS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Winamp 2.95 4 life.

I want to press play mp3 from my folders and have it play immediately.

My computer is also always in windows classic mode. gently caress the rest.
you know you can run winamp 5 in 2.x GUI mode right?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I use MasterCAM 9.0 from 2003. I guess that's the oldest one.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Prettz posted:

you know you can run winamp 5 in 2.x GUI mode right?

Why would I want to run winamp 5 in 2.x GUI when I already have winamp 2.95 that works?

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I use the ISPF text editor on a z/os mainframe terminal at least once a day at work

I don't even have to but the line commands are so nice

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
i'd still use xp if i could. rip best os

King of Internet
Nov 16, 2013

High King Internet of Internet
Your mom

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
pcx2sopt.exe a ROM hacking tool which is so old I have to fuckin run it through DOSbox.

Junk fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 12, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
WinDirStat. Looks uhhh retro, does its job perfectly. Released 2003, I've probably only had it since 2005.

I use it when I need to free up disk space on my computer, which is still running XP. PS, it's a Dell PC from 2004. Happy tenth birthday little buddy

e: so professionally I'm still using office 2003. And at work, we have all the current poo poo, but I still frequently have to get into Quarkxpress files. Like, Quarkxpress 3.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 12, 2014

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

WinDirStat. Looks uhhh retro, does its job perfectly. Released 2003, I've probably only had it since 2005.

I use it when I need to free up disk space on my computer, which is still running XP. PS, it's a Dell PC from 2004. Happy tenth birthday little buddy

windirstat is an excellent and very useful program whose utility seems like it should be baked into the os and easily accessible

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

pretty soft girl posted:

I use the ISPF text editor on a z/os mainframe terminal at least once a day at work

I don't even have to but the line commands are so nice

work keeps buying me licenses for fancy IDEs and i just keep using vim, mostly out of spite

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Berious posted:

i'd still use xp if i could. rip best os
I was using XP this year but upgraded to 7 for some compatibility problems. I still kind of miss it.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
There's a program I use occasionally at work that hasn't been updated since 1990. The PC and CRT (lol) are on a cart and it probably weighs close to 75 lbs.

72o
Dec 14, 2007

Goldwave

because Audition takes too long to load when I want to record something RIGHT NOW

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
windows

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Crustiest old PROGRAM, not joke

also

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet
I used 3DS Max 4 until last year and I kinda miss it

2013 crashes a fuckload less but this is easily the worst interface ever concieved of by man, they might have actually finally made a valid case for Blender

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
DeadAIM

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I telnet into an inventory program so old it doesnt even come up in google so maybe i have you all beat. talking way pre windows ppl

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I use AS/400 daily at work

lol

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Winamp really kicks the llama's rear end

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
my email still has @prodigy.net

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i used winamp for a really long time after it was officially discontinued but finally switched to clementine

it's okay except i haven't figured out how to recreate my old winamp play/pause/stop keyboard commands yet. it's probably possible though

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
ive got this old playbill from some shakespeare piece where the chick on the front is showing some cleavage and almost slipping a nip so yeah its pretty crusty i guess it counts

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
Winamp is like the loving shark of the software world. It stopped evolving millions of years ago because it is just perfect. I have never used a music player better than it. I even have it on my android devices and it's just a beautiful thing.

itunes is just a loving dickhead of a program. It was designed by committee to be as loving useless and terrible as possible.

I feel very strongly about all this...

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Dexters Secret posted:

Winamp really kicks the llama's rear end
I think youll find that it "whips" it, actually.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

PrBacterio posted:

I think youll find that it "whips" it, actually.

oh thats right

its been a while

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

this isn't the "post random old software" thread, you have to actually use it still

...unless..? :stonk:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

LifeSizePotato posted:

this isn't the "post random old software" thread, you have to actually use it still

...unless..? :stonk:
the only thing wrong with his screenshot is that he has more than one program open at once, so how can I tell which one he means :colbert:
also its probably just an emulator screenshot anyway so meh

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

just using amiga os day-to-day would count, but you're right, not in an emulator

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Nope, from my Amiga 2000. ProText is the program I regularly use.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Police Automaton posted:

props, bro

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Police Automaton posted:

now thats what I call "doing it right" :thumbsup:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
social security

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

does this count

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Notepad and StrongBad's Time Machine

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
this ZIP of whatever the latest MAME was in mid-2003 with ROMs of my favorite CPS1 and early Neo games

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Al Cowens posted:

this ZIP of whatever the latest MAME was in mid-2003 with ROMs of my favorite CPS1 and early Neo games
I built a custom version of MAME a while ago, with one of the removed cores compiled back in from a patch I found on some website. Ive since lost the binaries of that and havent felt like doing it all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

notepad. gently caress notepad++

• Locked thread