Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Ishin posted:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Article has pictures from the police report. Pretty reprehensible.

No way Goodell is clicking that link. "I already made my mistake about seein' things I don't want to see!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
That article I posted describes the child as a 4-year old so idk who's right between them and Schefter.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Levitate posted:

My bad, read that wrong. Still, stop loving doing stupid violent poo poo especially "switching" kids.

I'm sure tons of people will come out of the woodwork to say "hey I was beaten/spanked/switched as a kid and i'm ok what's wrong?" but come the gently caress on
Well, WCCO is saying the child was a 4-year-old now, so you might be right.

Those people who don't think it's a big deal are very, very wrong, and we all know it. They don't realize it, though.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Intruder posted:

It's a thin branch broken off from a tree

So it's a stick.

sorry I guess my parents beat the 21st century way, with mental abuse

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Levitate posted:

My bad, read that wrong. Still, stop loving doing stupid violent poo poo especially "switching" kids.

I'm sure tons of people will come out of the woodwork to say "hey I was beaten/spanked/switched as a kid and i'm ok what's wrong?" but come the gently caress on

I hope not because the chances of this being the first time it happened are slim to loving none.

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I can already tell this whole thing is going to suck and be annoying and political. I've had too many conversations with too many people who think it's A-OK to hit your kid, and surprise, they were hit as kids and "I turned out OK" (except for the whole beat your kids part).

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Febreeze posted:

So it's a stick.

It's green though so it's more like a whip

Mine too, with the "I'm not mad I'm just disappointed"

(also with bare hands)

e: Think of those really thin, long branches near the bottom of a tree that are pretty much like saplings, where they're drat near impossible to break in half no matter how many of the little strands you pull apart

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 12, 2014

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
There's going to be a shitstorm of 'but but TRADITIONAL PARENTING' and I'm going to hate everything and everyone afterwards, I can just tell.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

So am I the only person who doesn't know what the gently caress a switch is? I have literally never heard this and I can't imagine he beat his kid with a light switch.

Heh look at the yankee y'all

Ishin posted:

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-for-child-abuse/

Article has pictures from the police report. Pretty reprehensible.

Yuuuuup, never caught a whippin' that bad, and at 4 years old no less? Better not gently caress this one up NFL

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Vando posted:

There's going to be a shitstorm of 'but but TRADITIONAL PARENTING' and I'm going to hate everything and everyone afterwards, I can just tell.

I knew a lot of kids who got whipped growing up and I never saw them get bloodied up like that, and they were a hell of a lot older than 4

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Febreeze posted:

So it's a stick.

You'd think it was 'just a stick' until you have a world class athlete going all indiana jones on your hamstrings

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
I wasn't beat as a kid, and I turned out okay. Your move, child abusers :cool:

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Vando posted:

Or we could not have this stupid debate and not seek out other people having it to get mad about but welp

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Febreeze posted:

So am I the only person who doesn't know what the gently caress a switch is? I have literally never heard this and I can't imagine he beat his kid with a light switch.

Here you go Mr. White Person! :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kkDw61Edc8

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I got switched by my grandparents when I was young. Never to the point of loving blood. If my wife did this to my 5 year old, I'd beat the poo poo out of her in an elevator.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Rasczak posted:

Heh look at the yankee y'all

We called them sticks and branches where I come from, and that's why we won the war

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.
I thought he could end up being the greatest of all time. Not like this.

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand
Maybe change the title, since he hasn't actually been charged (yet).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pretty much just better to point and laugh at the people defending beating 4 year olds to be honest.

I've seen that "go cut your own switch" thing like a dozen times already, and it's kind of adorable picturing a 4 year old trying to work his dad's pocket knife.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doctor Candiru posted:

Maybe change the title, since he hasn't actually been charged (yet).

What do you think an indictment is? :confused:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Febreeze posted:

So it's a stick.

Some parents made you pick out your own switch.

Then went and got the biggest they could find if the one you pick was to small.

So its both really.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I mean I don't think that hitting your kid with a switch is a good idea or good parenting, but frankly those pictures don't look like something worthy of criminal child abuse charges.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ESPN Sportscenter stories:

Orioles
Adrian Peterson
Greg Hardy
Ray Rice
Roger Goodell
Hawks GM.

Hey, remember when sports were cool?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What did the Oriole do?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Kalli posted:

Orioles
Adrian Peterson
Greg Hardy
Ray Rice
Roger Goodell
Hawks GM.

yeah that Orioles poo poo is pretty depressing

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
https://twitter.com/KenTremendous/status/510552292508966912/photo/1

Not a great week at all.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

PFTCommenter ‏@PFTCommenter 1h
I displined children with a switch and I turned out just fine

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Orioles
Adrian Peterson
Greg Hardy
Ray Rice
Roger Goodell
Hawks GM.

What did the Orioles do? Or are you thinking Mets?

e: Oh the guy who got popped for amphetamines

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
On a 4 year old at least some time after it happened? are you serious?

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Tom Brady joins ISIS next week and blows all of this out of the water

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

I mean I don't think that hitting your kid with a switch is a good idea or good parenting, but frankly those pictures don't look like something worthy of criminal child abuse charges.

Turn left kim, nooooo.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Remember when Jim Nantz called this the darkest week in NFL history last night and we all made fun of him

What we didn't realize is that he has loving future sight

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet

No Butt Stuff posted:

I got switched by my grandparents when I was young. Never to the point of loving blood. If my wife did this to my 5 year old, I'd beat the poo poo out of her in an elevator.

Just wanted to say I got a good laugh from this thanks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CharlestheHammer posted:

What did the Oriole do?

Chris Davis got suspended for Adderall. But the Orioles just keep on winning. Soon they'll be having fans out of the stands playing but we'll still win the division.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

haha woops I guess someone on the Orioles just got banned 25 games for drugs

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Ray Rice doing fist pumps in the air, the heat is off!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

What did the Orioles do? Or are you thinking Mets?

e: Oh the guy who got popped for amphetamines

Pithy joke about the Orioles goes here. Nah, I just meant the rest of that lineup.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Mister Fister posted:

Ray Rice doing fist pumps in the air, the heat is off!

Was he in an elevator while doing it :ohdear:

Doctor Candiru
Dec 23, 2004
Umbrella Monkey Sand

Intruder posted:

What do you think an indictment is? :confused:
He was indicted, the charges were presented to a grand jury, and apparently not filed. He admitted everything to cops, and from what I've been able to discern, they decided not to charge him? I'm unclear at this point, either way. This is awful.

If they keep him on the team (and I don't think I would if I were in charge), he should have to donate his salary to shelters and get a ton of counseling. Hopefully everyone can learn from this about how hitting children is not OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

You need to seek therapy. How is hitting a child until they bleed not considered abuse to you?

• Locked thread