Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Alwilda

Skeletons! Now, those she can make sense of!... sort of. Readying her axe, she swings it around in a defensive arc. "Bones! I called it!", she says with a childish smugness.

Initiative is 16. Terrain is... mountain, I presume, if it's relevant? Doesn't seem ruined enough for Ruins or cold enough for Snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Skeletons boil out of the closet, and suddenly Varakyn knows them all too well. That orphanage. The hateful place, so early, almost forgotten. Yet those two and their gaggle of wretched foundlings. Before she was found. Before she was selected. Burning hate flashes in the eyes of the lead skeleton, wearing the tatters of an evening gown and scraps of long, red hair still clinging to the skull. "YOUUUUU," the thing hisses as it backhands Varakyn across the face. "YOOOOOU!" the accusation rings as she can taste fresh blood in her mouth. Another one, in the tatters of a foul suit and a ridiculous moustache falls on Exclairmonde, a vicious dagger slash.

Then the others come. The murderous troupe of those forgotten, bent to hate. And finally, that dog. The gods damned dog. They were all here. They had all finally come for her. They were all here. A future that could have been, a past that almost was not.

Varakyn is engaged by Skeleton Miss Hannigan and hit for six, Exclair is also hit for six. Please post statblox so I don't have to look you up! You can roll to hit and damage for yourself, I trust you. When Mors shows up he can roll proper init.

pre:
Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(26/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(26/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Varakyn                      22
Niamh                        21
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17[(24/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13]
Alwilda                      16
Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12[(5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10]
Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11[(5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10]
Exclairmonde                  3
Sorraza                       1     
Escalation Die +0             0

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

There is one bright spot. Maybe. Crashing through the window, looking a bit crazed and protective, is Egg! The beast has followed its master, even here, to this place.

You get all your class abilities!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorraza

Sorry about the delay, my week has been really lovely. Anyway:

Initiative: [11:08] <Morphball> MorsRattus: 6 = 1d20(3)+3 - slightly less awful! But not much.

quote:

Sorraza: 27/27 HP, AC 13/PD 14/MD 12

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
VARAKYN
HP: 30/36 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 10 | Greatness?: Y

Varakyn stumbles back, surprised. Her back hits the table behind her, and she sets her teeth in a grimace. "Whatever ills life dealt you, they were not my doing! And if the ones who came for me did for you, then you are already well avenged! Cease troubling me, harridan!"

She launches herself back at the skeletal thing, jabbing with the heavy iron to clear some space, then twisting it to catch at bones with the hook as she yanks it back.

I can use power stunt after the escalation die hits 1, and get a second use if it makes it to 11.
[11:08:07] <Krysmbot> ComradeGorbash, 1 = 1
[11:10:01] <Krysmbot> ComradeGorbash, 11 = 11

To hit and damage!
[11:08:20] <Krysmbot> ComradeGorbash, 18+5 = 23
[11:08:40] <Krysmbot> ComradeGorbash, 3+4 = 7

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 20, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Niamh

HP: 18/18 | AC 11 | PD 12 | MD 13
[ ] Channel Life [ ] Summon Undead [ ] Unholy Blast
Minion: 14/14 | AC 17 | PD 15 | MD 11

'That is an awful lot of skeletons', thinks Niamh, as they continue pouring out of the closet like some macabre fairground trick. She starts chanting the dread chant of unbinding, trying to disperse the necromagnetic bonds holding the aged bones together, though to limited success. The dwarf skeleton fares no better, barreling towards a pack of orphan bones but failing to connect with its bumbling attempt at a headbutt.

Standard: Chant of Endings vs. Skeleton Mob 1: 1d20+4 23 1d10+4 5
Minion Move: engage a Skeleton Mob 1 skeleton
Minion Standard: Dwarf Skeleton Headbutt vs. Skeleton Mob 1: 1d20+6 7 1d6 3 ha ha ha ha :(

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Hannigan staggers back under the ferocity of the blow, but is undaunted. Nimah and her charge wade into a group of shorter skeletons, giving one a pretty good whack. Skeletal Sandy the Hound bounds towards Varakyn, the thirst of revenge hot in her eyes but her teeth snap shut on nothing at all! That dog did always kind of suck at everything.

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(26/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(19/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(24/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13]
Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(30/35 (5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11  [(5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10]
Sorraza                       6

Winson_Paine fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 20, 2014

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

To clarify, my skeleton buddy is engaging a mook, not Niamh directly (she is fragile!)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alwilda

Alwilda looks over to a group of skeletons, and leaps over, slamming down with supernatural force as she creates an unseen shockwave as if some giant had crashed down. However, she simply wrecks a table in the way, sending it flying, but doesn't nail the skeletons behind it. "Tch! This is too cramped-", she says, frowning, and swings her axe in a warning motion.

Engaging the second set of skeleton mooks and performing Whoomph!. With a 7, Whoomph! will whiff, and doesn't do any miss damage against them.

pre:
Alwilda:	HP 27/27	Recoveries: 8/8 (1d10+3)
		AC 13	PD 14	MD 13
		Terrain Spell [ ]	Regeneration (battle): [ ]
		Wild Healing  [ ]	Regeneration (daily):  [ ]

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

The mob swarms the skeletal dwarf, but the redoubtable minion swats all challenges aside. Except for one, which stings. A shot from what looks like a frying pan puts a big ol' crack into the skull of the minion. Good thing there are a lot of extra bonesaround. Wading into the swarm, Alwilda gets knocked about but good! No lasting blows, nothing dire. The little bastards don't seem very good at this, not at all. At least they have stopped singing.

Alwilda takes 6, Minion takes 3

pre:

Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(24/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(30/35 (5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh's Minion)

Winson_Paine fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 21, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Egg isn't combat-targetable and has no hp, being a class feature and not a combat pet - he just sticks to Sorraza during combat and provides us benefits. So I assume that's Sorraza instead? Actual post after I wake up tomorrow.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Mors Rattus posted:

Egg isn't combat-targetable and has no hp, being a class feature and not a combat pet - he just sticks to Sorraza during combat and provides us benefits. So I assume that's Sorraza instead? Actual post after I wake up tomorrow.

My apologies, both I and the kid are sick so I am running a fever and low on sleep. I switched Egg in my head with the Skeletal Minion, and I don't know why. Fixed above, carry on.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorraza

Sorraza rears onto her hind legs and roars.

"UNDEAD MONSTERS! Time to be a hero!"

She's enjoying the hell out of this, dragon form or no. She rushes forward at her fellow quadruped, the skeletal dog Sandy.

"I'll handle this, Varakyn! C'mon, Egg~!"

She plants her claws on the floor, flapping her wings and roaring at the dog. Her scales shimmer, blue and red in the pale light, and flames erupt from her throat, coating the dog. Despite its bony nature, they stick and burn as well as they might on cloth or flesh. Egg lands on top of her head, chattering away at the skeletons as only a crow can.

Scorching Ray: [15:58] <Morphball> MorsRattus: 14 = 1d20(9)+5 vs PD 13, hits.
Damage: [15:59] <Morphball> MorsRattus: 8 = 1d6(5)+3 - 8 fire damage, plus 1d8 ongoing fire damage each turn, save ends.
Ongoing damage for next turn, since saves are rolled at end of turn: [16:00] <Morphball> MorsRattus: 8 = 1d8(8)

quote:

[ ] - Breath Weapon [ ] - Breath of the White [ ] - Lightning Fork [ ] - Egg Poison

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Exclairmonde

"Seigneur!"

Bastard skeletons. Didn't see the knife before it was already striking me.

"Varakyn! What are you waiting for? Strike these drat things down now or throw your spear to the ground!"

Basic Tactical Strike on Varakyn, giving her a basic attack as a free action.

"And you, skeleton, I'll have you broken to bits myself!"

Or would, the crowd of skeletons and the small hut make it difficult to maneuver the large sword, only end up winging it with the pommel.

Attack The Skeleton (Rooster): 1d20+5 13 1d10+4 6, Damage on Miss: 1 damage.

pre:
Exclairmonde: HP 21/27 AC 15/PD 12/MD 12

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

"YOU MISERABLE CURRRRR," Rooster screams through his flapping jaw as he presses the assault on Exclairmonde. The knife swings wide, skimming her armor but not much else. Miss Hannigan leans in hard at Vara screeching something incoherently but the flurry of blows only succeeds in sending her red wig flying across the room! "AHHHHHH," she queals in rage and furstration. "AHHHHHHH."

Meanwhile, Sandy runs around in a circle, yelping and barking like her rear end is on fire. Which it is, so it makes total sense.

Two swings, two misses. Esc. Die bumps +1, Round TWO begins.

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(25/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(16/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13] (Engaged w/ Vara) (1d8 ongoing, 8 next turn)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(30/35 (5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh's Minion)
Escalation Die +1             0

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

VARAKYN
HP: 30/36 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 10 | Greatness?: N

"The hells do you think I'm doing?" Varakyn snarls at Exclairmonde, all the same trying to smash in Hannigan's skull with the butt of her spear. "Would you - GET OFF OF ME!" She grabs the skeleton and shoves it back, then slams her spear into it with a two handed swing.

I miss with the basic attack and lose greatness.
[15:08] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 7+5 = 12

The attack on my turn, I do hit and deal 12 damage.
[15:09] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 11+6 = 17
[15:43] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 8+4 = 12

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Niamh

Minion: 14/14 | AC 17 | PD 15 | MD 11

Okay, not so bad, could be worse. Just got to focus, and do your best to put all these skeletons back where they belong. No pressure. Niamh continues her otherworldly mutterings, but it turns out fighting necromancy with necromancy is harder than you'd think. Her minion fares no better, and deep down, Niamh feels a creeping sensation of rising panic.

Standard: Chant of Endings vs. Hannigan Skeleton MD: 1d20+6 7 1d10+4 5 1 and 1, I am the best.
Minion Standard: Dwarf Uppercut vs. Skeleton Minion 1 AC: 1d20+6 9 1d6 2 MISERABLE

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Vara smashes Hannigan right in the face, the skull half shattering as the tip of the spear punches right into the glowing, burning eye and rips out the back. She screams, a horrible thing, and staggers backwards. Whatever horrible magics hold those bones together are barely working now, she is beginning to fall to bits in the most literal sense possible. The opened chunk of skull burns with a reddish blue flame, pulsing. Vara can see it leaking out, dissipating into the air. Hannigan's essence. Her very soul. It distracts her long enough for Sandy to bury her fangs in Vara's arm, so hard that teeth shatter on her armor. None stick in the wound, at least. A minor blessing. Sandy does not seem terribly happy about things in general however, as the scraps of flesh she has left continue to burn and crackle and pop. Blackened bones remain, but even they are starting to fall apart.

Still, through all of this, the skeletal children, hobbity looking little bastards that they are, continue to chant and sing.

Sandy fails her save.

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(25/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(7/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(8/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13] (Engaged w/ Vara) (1d8 ongoing)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alwilda

Shifting as if shoulder-blocking, Alwilda's presence expands, the air forming a larger silhouette around her... that mainly smashes against the ceiling, bringing wooden boards down on her head with a wince. Still, she outgrows her wounds, her bruises already being shrugged off by the power of the Koru. "Stupid bones, come on, just try me!", she shouts, before adding more softly to the dwarven skeleton: "Oh, ah, not you, you're cool."

Whoomph! rolls a 7 to hit!... well, since she's clearly going to stay engaged with them and most other folks aren't engaged, she'll activate her battle version of Regeneration. She'll burn a Recovery and heal 4 HP, and Regeneration will continue next turn.
Corrected healing value, whups.

pre:
Alwilda:	HP 25/27	Recoveries: 7/8 (1d10+3)
		AC 13	PD 14	MD 13
		Terrain Spell [ ]	Regeneration (battle): [X]

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 23, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

The mob of horrid skeletal urchins swarm the minion skeleton of the redoubtable necromancer as well as Alwilda. Both are relentlessly dogpiled, poked, prodded, hit, and jabbed. The minion is on its last legs, and Alwilda is gonna be feeling it tomorrow even as fresh healing surges into her. Thankfully, she is a bad rear end and keeps standing tall.

Skeletal Minion and Alwilda both take NINE.

pre:

Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(7/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(8/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13] (Engaged w/ Vara) (1d8 ongoing)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11  [(5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Alwilda)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorraza

Sorraza poses dramatically, her wings spread wide and her behatted head held high. "We're doing fine, keep it up!" She snaps at the dog again, grinning. Her scales tint blue, electricity sparking between her teeth. With a roar, she fires off a blast of electricity towards the dog.

It earths itself harmlessly on the ground, but it looks really neat.

Minor action, Breath Weapon: [19:11] <Krysmbot> MorsRattus, 2+6 = 8 vs PD

The electricity flows back over her, sparking along her scales, which begin to gleam blue. The crackling of the lightning echoes around her as the draconic power awakens.

And Gather Power: [19:25] <+Morphball> MorsRattus: 4 = 1d6(4) - All nearby staggered enemies take 1 damage. I don't think there are any. Next turn, her damage is doubled.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Exclairmonde

"Tu de merde, call me a cur? I will break your skull off your neck!"

This time, the claymore arcs upward, the edge raking its way up Rooster's skeletal torso, nicking his jawbone on the way up.

Kill That Dumb Rooster: 1d20+5 24 1d10+4 9

Fight from the Front: 1d3 2

Total Command Points: 3

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Energy crackles all over the drat place as Sorazza cuts loose, but all it does is make the remaining hair on Sandy and Miss Hannigan stick out on end. And catch fire a little. Or rather, catch fire a little MORE in the case of Sandy. The blow is enough to throw off Rooster's counter strike, but Miss Hannigan, incensed perhaps at the damage done to her hair, gives Varakyn another ringing slap across the face. A matched set.

Mors - Everyone is effectively nearby, it is not a big cabin. One point to Miss H and one point to Sandy. Six damage to Vara. Round THREE, Esc. Die Set to +2

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(16/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(6/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Skeletal Hound Sandy         17  [(7/24 HP) AC15/PD13/MD13] (Engaged w/ Vara) (1d8 ongoing)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11  [(5 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Alwilda)
Escalation Die +2             0

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Hey y'all I want to use my life-drain before it's too risky to do so; is everyone okay with this?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm fine with it.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

VARAKYN
HP: 24/36 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 10 | Greatness?: Y

Varakyn shakes her head after the slap, teeth bared. She slips her grip down to the end of the spear and whips it around in an arc, crashing against both the horrible old woman and her little dog too. "Will you not leave me be?!" With the two stumbling away from her, she sees the crowd of skeletons swarming around the cottage and her allies. With a roar, she reaches back and grabs the heavy table in one corner of the room and hurls it into the group around the dwarven skeleton, intending to scatter them like ninepins.

Niamh: go for it.

Titan Swing to hit both of the ones engaged with me.
[22:26] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 9+7 = 16

I deal weapon damage, so I end up leaving both of them needing a little tap.
[22:28] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 5 = 5

Also using Power Stunt to try and knock over the skeleton group engaged with Niamh's minion.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Niamh

[] Channel Life [ ] Summon Undead [ ] Unholy Blast
Minion: 5/14 | AC 17 | PD 15 | MD 11

Okay, cool.

With a frantic effort, Niamh tries to redistribute the flow of necrotic energy in the cabin and channel some positive energy into Varakyn. Her spell is no match for whatever foul sorcery has caused these bones to rise, however, and she lets out a "Oh, for gently caress's sake!" in frustration. Meanwhile, her flagging minion manages to grapple one of the frail orphan skeletons and uses its brittle form to deliver a piledriver into one of its companions, obliterating the opponent and nearly taking the collateral skeleton with it.

Standard: Channel Life top-to-bottom on initiative: Channel Life Target: 1d9 7 drain Decrepit Skeleton Group #2
--- Channel Life vs. Decrepit Skeletons 2 MD: 1d20+7 9 2d6+4 13 YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME
Minion Standard: Skeletal Minion Piledriver vs. Decrepit Skeletons 1 AC: 1d20+6 26 1d6 4 CRIT for 8 damage

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Vara swings wide, then goes totally shithouse and flings a table into a pack of skeletons. There is a loud crunch as bones break and fly apart, scattering bones everywhere! They are already trying to crawl back together as the dwarven minion leaps in and KERSMASH, begins to lay about into the scattered remains. Sandy snaps at Varakyn, but both of them are on fire today. One metaphorically, and one in the most literal way possible. In fact, the flames are too much for Sandy as bones heated to well beyond the temper point shatter, and the dog disintigrates into a pile of ash and dust.

Ruling the Power Stunt is particularly effective since this is Vara's own heart. Skeletons are popped free and scattered, Save 11+ to recover enough to attack again and each of them loses a HP, making them a group of 6HP mooks

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(16/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)
Skeleton Miss Hannigan       24  [(1/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Vara)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(17/30 (4 Dudes/6HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh's Minion, Scattered, 11+ to Save)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alwilda

Though beaten about, Alwilda is tough, and doesn't show a lot of the hurt she's taking, the endurance of a walking mountain flowing through her.

Regeneration continues for turn 3 and heals 4 points of damage, and Alwilda makes her save, so Regeneration will continue on turn 4.

With a powerful clap of her hands, she knocks some skeletons around, making a big show with little fanfare as she calls out, "Come on, is that your worst? You came back from the dead and that's the best punches you have? No wonder you ended up dead in the first place!"

Really, just taking hurt that'd fall on others is a perfectly valid combat role some days!

Whoomph gets a 12, which misses again, no damage on miss.

pre:
Alwilda:	HP 20/27	Recoveries: 7/8 (1d10+3)
		AC 13	PD 14	MD 13

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Alwilda gets a little more stuck in than she likes! She is completely surrounded now, and there is no way to defend against an assault from all sides. Meanwhile, the bones, the bones of CHILDREN, begin to drag themselves back together. This is an ugly scene.

Alwilda takes NINE, Skel Group #2 does not save

pre:

Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(17/30 (4 Dudes/6HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh's Minion, Scattered)

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sorraza

Sorraza crackles with draconic power, lightning sparking off her scales. She rises to her hind legs, wings spread wide, and glares down at the skeletal masses.

"I've got a bone to pick with you lot! Haha!"

Heroic one-liners are a necessity, according to her reading. She lowers her head and unleashes an immense lightning storm over them, exploding three of the skeletons outright. This is the power of a dragon's breath!

[12:17] <+Morphball> MorsRattus: 20 = 1d20(13)+7 - 20 vs PD, hits.
[12:21] <+Morphball> MorsRattus: 12 = 3d6(2,4,3)+3, doubled.

24 damage to the unhurt decript skeleton crew!

quote:

[X] - Breath Weapon [ ] - Breath of the White [X] - Lightning Fork [ ] - Egg Poison

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 28, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

That horrible song is cut off in mid chorus as crackling energies wash over Alwilda, the skeletal waifs, and the cottage. The reek of fried bones hangs in the air and the whole scene seems to wobble and shift for a moment before snapping back into proper reality.

pre:

Decrepit Skeleton Group #1   12  [(17/30 (4 Dudes/6HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Niamh's Minion, Scattered)
Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11  [11/35(2 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Alwilda)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Exclairmonde

Another awkward sweep of the sword, with no room to really cut loose. Unable to connect. This is getting frustrating. Can't lose cool again.

The Skeleton, The: 1d20+7 12 1d10+4 13

Getting hard to keep cool, though.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

"YOUR FRIENDS ALL SUCK AT THIS," Miss Hannigan crows at Vara. "BUT NOT AS MUCH AS YOOOOOOU." It is unkind, and cuts deep. It was true, growing up, that sucking was nothing she ever wanted to do. Yet here they are now, sucking. The shame burns. She can feel her will ebb out from it, her old governess leveling the unkindest cut of all. It is not hardly worth mentioning that Rooster also whiffs. He whiffs big time. But no one gives him poo poo for sucking. No. All eyes are on Varakyn. On her, and her shaaaaame.

Round ends, Esc. Die goes to +3! Rooster rolls bad and whiffs, Miss H inflicts 6 on Vara with HARSH LANGUAGE.

pre:

Decrepit Skeleton Group #2   11  [11/35(2 Dudes/7HP Mook) AC16/PD14/MD 10] (Engaged w/ Alwilda)
Escalation Die +3             0

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Niamh

Minion: 5/14 | AC 17 | PD 15 | MD 11

Let's try this poo poo again.

Niamh has had quite enough of this poo poo - now a skeleton is yelling insults at her, by proxy? This is unacceptable. She clenches her hands into fists, squares her stance, and begins sucking the deathforce out of the pack of crummy orphan skeletons engaged with her minion. With ease, she twists the energy, redirecting it into the flagging Alwilda, who is revitalized. One by one, the orphans begin to crumble, until there is one remaining. She fixes her dread gaze on it, and the poor skeleton implodes on itself in a purplish 'vworp'.

A satisfied rictus crawls over Niamh's face, but she is not done. The skeletal dwarf, abruptly freed from the swirling melee of child-bones, barrels towards Miss Hannigan. With a power unheard-of for such stubby femurs, it leaps high off the cabin floor and sails through the air, delivering a double dose of tarsal terror to the once-cackling harridan. Her skull sails off, bouncing into a corner of the room as the dwarf gracefully lands atop her crumbling bones.

Standard: Channel Life top-to-bottom on initiative: Channel Life Target: 1d8 5 drains Skeleton Mob #1
Channel Life vs. Decrepit Skeletons 1 MD: 1d20+8 18 2d6+4 12 damage and Alwilda can heal using a recovery!
Quick: DEATHKNELL. Destroy the last remaining mook from Decrepit Skeleton Group #1, heal 1d6 (doesn't matter).
Move -> Quick: empower Skeletal Dwarf, giving it the escalation die this turn.
Minion Move: Bum-rush Miss Hannigan!
Minion Standard: Skeletal Minion Dropkick vs. Miss Hannigan AC: 1d20+9 28 1d6 3 damage

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

VARAKYN
HP: 18/36 | AC 15 | PD 15 | MD 10 | Greatness?: Y

Varakyn spits in Miss Hannigan's eye. How she had longed to do that. "Maybe so, foul woman! But what about you? Your only legacy is this, being a minor irritation to the one call failure!"

She pushes the animated bones back into the path of Niamh's minion, then leaps over the resulting pile to drive her spear into the back of Rooster. "What ho, fool! Your better half is done for! And I can think of no worse insult, for that bag of bones to really have been the better!"

I use Divine Stamina and regain 14hp after I get damaged.
I went ahead and rolled for recovery now so I don't forget, and missed on it.
[22:59] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 2 = 2

Laying some hurt on Rooster, with the awful old lady done for by Niamh. I connect for 14, just a bit left before he goes down.
[22:53] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 17+8 = 25
[22:55] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, 10+4 = 14

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 1, 2014

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

In a flurry of activity, things are suddenly looking one whole hell of a lot better for Team Goodtimes. Bones crunch, and if Miss Hannigan has any retort at all it is lost in the splintering of her own jaw. Teeth scatter across the floor, and already as she hits the ground her dead bones look a thousand years beyond the grave. Rooster staggers from the last blow, then looks around. If a skeleton could look comically worried, he would be doing that right now.

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(2/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Alwilda

Alwilda actually gets brought down to one knee, having a foot battered out from under her. As she's beaten, though, she takes the hits pretty well - enough to fell a less hearty warrior, squinting. The tension builds, though, as her anger rises with every strike.

Regeneration heals another 2 HP and stops there, but Channel Life will heal 9 HP, for a total of 11 HP healed this turn.

"Suck?", Alwilda hisses, and as she bursts to her feet, swinging out with both arms, her presence expands to catch the pair of skeletons still surrounding her, shattering them and blowing a hole in the ceiling dramatically. Looking over, she frowns to Rooster. "She just had to piss us off. Guess that means you're boned. Or. More boned."

Whoomph rolls a 28, which is a critical hit that does 28 points of damage against the remaining skeleton mooks!

pre:
Alwilda:	HP 22/27	Recoveries: 6/8 (1d10+3)
		AC 13	PD 14	MD 13

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

It is raining bonemeal as the skeletal children shatter from the force of the blow. Chips of the worlds grossest confetti rain down on the heads of Team Goodtimes as Rooster looks around doing a double take. "Oh dear."

pre:

Skeleton Rooster Hannigan    25  [(2/26 HP) AC16/PD14/MD11] (Engaged w/ Exclairmonde)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

"Perhaps we ought to settle this with our words," Rooster sputters. "Violence is so uncivilized!"

• Locked thread