Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
Worked fast food as a teenager for $7.00 an hour. It was harder than my current office job which pays me triple that wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

it's her first day

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Telesphorus posted:

Worked fast food as a teenager for $7.00 an hour. It was harder than my current office job which pays me triple that wage.

"The longer your title, the less actual work you have to do."

The only honest boss I ever had, who had just been promoted to "program coordinator" and realized she had gently caress all to do between meetings.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Gaunab posted:

Seriously, the drinking industry is probably the worst place to work. should get a real job before your dad's bar fails on you
Fixed that for ya, speaking from personal experience here cuz bars are loving swirling down the drain in modern times :v:

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

Waroduce posted:

Lol if u dont make over 15$ an hour or 30k+ a year u hosed up in life

this is what americans actually believe

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Throwdini posted:

this is what americans actually believe

But.... If you work hard you will succeed!?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Randler posted:

The only thing worse than working in the food industry is being a customer to them.

(Well, I guess that's a bit unfair. At least at McDonald's they don't want me to "tip" them for something I already paid their owner for.)

suck it poor people

SD87
Jun 7, 2011

Gaunab posted:

Seriously, the food industry is probably the worst place to work. should get a real job

tell us some stories homie

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

Razorwired posted:

"The longer your title, the less actual work you have to do."

The only honest boss I ever had, who had just been promoted to "program coordinator" and realized she had gently caress all to do between meetings.

I wish I was better at speaking in front of people because apparently that's the most important skill to have in real life and promotes people to high-paying positions that send motivational emails with stupid memes in the morning, sit around between meetings, and gently caress off with other higher ups.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
i liek the part where america was a nation of autists that thinks all poor people are there by choice and that all CEO's are super-hardworking geniuses

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Waroduce posted:

30.000 USD? Is everything dirt cheap on your silly continent?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
liquor, tobacco and guns are

guns are getting more expensive though THANKS OBAMA

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
the largest mail order gun catalog is literally called "cheaper than dirt"

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

the largest mail order gun catalog is literally called "cheaper than dirt"

dirts v expensive ytrust me i know

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
For real the minimum wage should be raised to like 12-15$ per hour. Think about it goons....if the unskilled and uneducated get a pay raise of that magnitude, those who already make more than that will get a pay increase as well to keep the compensation scaled for skilled and educationed workers.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

PyPy posted:

For real the minimum wage should be raised to like 12-15$ per hour. Think about it goons....if the unskilled and uneducated get a pay raise of that magnitude, those who already make more than that will get a pay increase as well to keep the compensation scaled for skilled and educationed workers.

yes inflation would really help people making min wage, as we have seen since 2008.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

ilikedirt posted:

good thing i work in the dude industry, bc im a gay prozzy , and i have sex w/ dudes on the reg, big leaky cocks cumming on my face neck abd back, neg and poz cocks, all rock hard for my tight wet boyhole, yes i work in the dude industry not the food industry altho thry are similar in a way in that in both i do alot of eating - except now i eating cum instead of food. cumfood industry

Link me your adult film database filmography and/or Patreon because I want to buy all your movies and support your artistry.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
dance my little goons

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

SD87 posted:

tell us some stories homie

i pooped in the fudge

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
flip burgers? heh no thanks, im a barista

sometimes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Mods please move this thread to GWS.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

TOILETLORD posted:

yes inflation would really help people making min wage, as we have seen since 2008.

I agree raising wages at all would cause the economy to fall apart

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Gaunab posted:

dance my little goons

How does it feel to see yourself the puppet master?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
like i paid $10 to post on an internet forum

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Waroduce posted:

lmao if youre benchmark is 30k and paid by the hour

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Gaunab posted:

like i paid $10 to post on an internet forum

Man you must be rolling in money. That 10 dollars is well over the minimum wage there big spender.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
chyea

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I paid for features that are enabled by default on most other forms

The Risk
Mar 6, 2014

Vargs posted:

is this another doobie thread

Now hiring

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

The Risk posted:

Now hiring

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
every person in America should spend two years working full-time in either retail or food service, make it a compulsory service like Israel does with the military

i guarantee you every lovely loving holier-than-thou attitude in this country would evaporate within ten years

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Bivens posted:

every person in America should spend two years working full-time in either retail or food service, make it a compulsory service like Israel does with the military

i guarantee you every lovely loving holier-than-thou attitude in this country would evaporate within ten years

that's just cruel

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
drug use would be legalized quicker though

naem
May 29, 2011

Restaurants are chock full of girls and everybody's doing it all day, even if you're a big nerd it's hard not to hVw girls press they are breastesses up against your face and such just FYI

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

Bivens posted:

2 years is way too long. 9 months would be sufficient.

The food industry isn't bad if you're a sous chef or better or an executive. The hours are still insanely cruel and most execs get paid better in other fields but it's one of the last industries outside of entertainment where you can get away with sexually harassing tons of uninformed young people. I worked for a chef in college that did that. Probably still doing it now. I'm sure he hates himself, but probably not his job.

But yeah I guess that just means if the food industry appeals to you and it's not because you love drugs, stress, and being broke you should off yourself.

naem posted:

Restaurants are chock full of girls and everybody's doing it all day, even if you're a big nerd it's hard not to hVw girls press they are breastesses up against your face and such just FYI

This was p.cool when I was in the industry but since leaving it I find that having money is a much better way to accomplish this feat and it also has other cool uses

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

naem posted:

sure pussy's everywhere(or dick if that's your thing) but would you feel 100% if you were fingering some girl with the smell of leftover salad on your fingers?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
I feel bad for everyone working in the food industry. Not only do you have a lovely job with lovely pay, people get pissed at you and try to manipulate you. I try my best to be nice to them, even if they get something wrong, because their job is already bad and i dont need to make it work.

God speed food industry workers :patriot:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Randler posted:

The only thing worse than working in the food industry is being a customer to them.

(Well, I guess that's a bit unfair. At least at McDonald's they don't want me to "tip" them for something I already paid their owner for.)
If you don't believe all working people deserve a living wage you should get murdered.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Ramsus posted:

For the education level required and hard work you are clearly entitled to a new minimum wage of $16 an hour and full benefits.

this but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Bivens posted:

This, unironically. My dad works in the same building as the people that own half his town. When I met him for lunch one of that family(I think the mother) was in front of us. She orders a sandwich, treats the clerk like poo poo, then says, "Can't make money if you give it away :smug:" and hits the no-tip option.

The woman also spent hundreds of thousands last year making sure transit didn't go near her building because then poor people would be able to find her. gently caress the rich.

• Locked thread