Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

WarLocke posted:

e: And you can see his hands during that scene, so he wasn't carrying the chalk absent-mindedly and then dropped it. Something Else was in the TARDIS with him.

He looked at the closed doors for a moment. Nothing can get into the TARDIS, thought the Doctor. Then he realised, Nothing had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Davros1 posted:

Well, count me among those who thought Orson's name was actually "Awesome", and since it was Moffat, didn't even bat an eye at that.

I met someone recently who's first name was Marvellous, so it's not too huge a stretch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

computer parts posted:

It could be a neighboring planet; if you're going to lock away an entire planet it's probably a good idea to not be standing on it.

In Day of the Doctor, I reasoned it was a nearby planet because the clear blue skies were suspiciously free of the aerial bombardment by Dalek forces that was supposedly going on at the same time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Can you all agree to disagree and move on, please? There were some 100 new posts overnight, and it's all the same back and forth bickering. Go and make yourself a new thread to do it in, and you can discuss it forever.

gently caress's sake.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Alternatively, they can stay in this thread when we all move on to the new one this weekend. But yeah, enough of this, neither side is convincing the other. I'm sure when the next episode comes out and you all get new "data" to support your arguments, then you can tell everybody how right you were.

We're not doing weekly threads any more. We're all stuck in here for the rest of the season! <rattles the bars>

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

The entire conversation between those medieval dudes in The Ribos Operation feels like it's the opening to a Monty Python sketch and they just never get to the sketch part. Key to Time is really great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq3IZ7xS2ps

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I actually went to the Big Finish site last night and at one point my mouse was hovering over the Add to Basket for Minuet in Hell before my senses prevailed.

If there was one BF audio I'd recommend you :filez:, it's that one.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cerv posted:

we're not quite reached that level of fascism yet

So we're not putting Capaldi in an internment camp with the rest of the Scots then?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I wanted to ask ya'll something because I greatly enjoy hearing the responses. Can you list the defining moment for each Doctor? By that I mean, the scene or action or plot point that you think defines that particular Doctor or the thing that you think characterizes the Doctor the most?

Seven's conversation with the snipers in Happiness Patrol.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"YOU... WILL.. BECOME LIKE UZZZ."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Action Man posted:

It took some time, but finally, The_Doctor's gift of Target Novels has arrived at my home.

Splendid paperbacks, all of them.

Yay! I think that means it's only DoctorWhat's one that didn't go through.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

After The War posted:

And before anyone starts, don't. Wigchat is to here what weathervanes are to the Political Cartoon thread.

But...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Eye candy for straight guys that also works on gays, that's pretty impressive.

She's no Danny Pink, obviously. :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I absolutely adore the poster for tomorrow's episode.

Doctor Who as 1970s bawdy comedy film?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm sad there were no Remembrance references. Would it have killed them to have some burrrrnmarks on the playground still? <:mad:>

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sobatchja Morda posted:

Also, 12's response to soldiers is not completely without precedent. Just look at 10's reaction to meeting Martha and learning she's with UNIT.

Which I remember being quite frankly bizarre since he got her the job at UNIT in the first place. :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Whybird posted:

I had assumed that the two playing the video game really did have a free period, and the copper was, well, a copper from the MET.

He wasn't even a real copper, he was a community support officer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwYxkZ9jTvk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

So that did happen? My friend and I were watching and thinking, don't people know about aliens and poo poo? Can anyone explain when they stated people's minds had been erased?

Do you remember the Zygon gambit with the Loch Ness Monster? Or the Yeti in the Underground? Your species has an amazing capacity for self-deception...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The moon surface was filmed in Lanzarote! Return to Planet of Fire!

Also, the Mexican moonbase had ponchos and cacti in the background. :cripes:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Generally I liked this, although the moment of 'the moon is an egg' is a pretty :wtc: moment. Giving Clara a 'Do you have the right?' moment definitely earned the verbal backlash that she gave the Doctor at the end. Placing (what she thought was) the fate of humanity vs that of the soup space dragon in her hands clearly did a number on her psychologically, and rightfully so. If anything, with a little afterthought, this should give her a little insight into the Doctor's mindset as he has to deal with this kind of decision every day.

I also didn't realise my dad's friend Tony Osoba was in this until I watched the Doctor Who Extra. I shall ask him about this next time I see him. Shame he only lasted about 5 minutes with maybe 2 lines.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlTCflVs_DE

It's no I am the Doctor, but it's pretty good.

That's the thing I kept hearing in Kill the Moon! It reminds me a lot of this bit from Jurassic Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOmjiZVAjN8&t=212s

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cleretic posted:

Add in an Australian pop star and it's basically Voyage of the Damned.

English pop star, Foxes, is in it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

In retrospect Fingermouse was the shittest thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIoafYh5HJE

:3: :3: :3:

And the 90s BBC logo!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What's happened?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Lynda Bellingham has sadly passed. :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29685903

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I should start listening to my huge Big Finish gift soon, now that I'm almost caught up entirely with Welcome to Night Vale. My commute to work is 30-40 mins each way, so I can easily fit in an episode per journey. In theory I could do 3 in a day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

I'll admit I did the same thing. It may have come up in my head, but it immediately didn't register. Even with the Cyberman Eye symbol appearing everywhere.

Everywhere.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

M for Mushroom posted:

(I think I'm more okay with this than the fact that the time rotor doesn't go up and down any more :argh: )

There is a silver thing in the middle of the fluorescent tubes that does go up and down, it's just really hard to see.

I wish they'd do something like the McGann time rotor again. The interlocking crystal rods were so cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The best tantrums on the Internet about Missy: http://usvsth3m.com/post/16-confusing-feelings-that-doctor-who-fans-have-had-about-the-latest-plot-twist

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Soooo.. it's November now. Let's talk random gift giving to strangers for Christmas and gauging interest in the Secret Santa again this year. So, any takers? (this is just a preliminary check at this point before I run off a big official post).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I think for Secret Santa, I'd have to know when the sign up deadline is. I got some lovely gifts last year, but the guy I got presents for was permabanned for scamming in SA Mart before I could confirm if he ever got his presents, so I'd love the opportunity to give somebody more deserving some holiday cheer. Still, I'm going to have to figure out exactly how much money I'm left with after the wedding on the 16th, first.

I usually make the sign-up deadline about the 23rd of November (:haw:), and the posting deadline is about the mid-point of December.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

evenworse username posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! There were a bunch of times where there was just something about her facial expression that made her look eerily like an alternate universe female Ainley Master. It was awesome.

I wish she had the Tissue Compression Eliminator now though.

Maybe she just shrank Chang to a microscopic level?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So, knowing what we know now (ie that the Master/Cybermen need actual bodies) why was the soldier who was vaporised in Into the Dalek greeted in "Heaven"?

And I may be misremembering but didn't she look pissed off that the Earth hadn't been subjected to a huge solar flare? Surely that would have scuppered the plan altogether?

And surely the Cybermen would prefer living bodies to augment/upgrade?

Annnnd Missy can't be 'the woman in the shop' because surely Clara would have recognised her when they met? Maybe the Master has had two female incarnations now?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Antti posted:

That was months ago for her personal timeline. If she wore her hair differently and had different clothes she wouldn't remember her. I probably wouldn't remember her even if she were wearing a huge "I AM THE MASTER" sign around her neck.

Possibly. I might just watch Law & Order too much and expect everyone to have the memory of a barman. "Oh yeah, that guy? He was in here on a Tuesday night 7 months ago with his girlfriend. He had a different haircut at the time, and a scar on his right hand. He ordered a campari and soda which I thought was weird."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ben Soosneb posted:

Cry me a loch

New companion Aria Loch confirmed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr Beens posted:

Wait, where did you get that the forest episode was set in the future? It was clearly set in the "now" as in Clara's normal timestream.

It's just that the show's 'now' is 2016.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cerv posted:

don't remember that. his sister? really?

It was the finale of season 1 I think? Trapped at the party with the posh boys.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Goddamnit, I'm at work!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

It's a good thing that it was Zygon Osgood that died then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

What's a tiny English village need with a kissogram in this day and age? I mean... What it just Moffat not being able to call her a stripper or something?

They're apparently about 20 minutes from Gloucester, which is a sizeable city. Bristol isn't too far from that either and that's definitely large. So she wouldn't just be working in Ledworth.

• Locked thread