Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Plavski posted:

It's nice to be one of the very few people in this thread to get that reference.

At least they didn't snap him in half like a frozen dog.

Also, if they ever get around to remaking Blake's 7, Samuel Anderson as Orson Pink could easily, at least physically, reshaped into Rog Blake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Cliff Racer posted:

Why on earth would any of you guys want Blake's 7 remade anyway? You do realize that they'd ruin it, right? Be grateful for the two great and two okay seasons you got out of it which had consistent tone and characters, things that would never survive in a modern revival.

Never said that I wanted it remade -- just that Awesome Orson put me immediately in mind of Blake.

Anyway, the only one who could fill Paul Darrow's studded leather Doc Ms is Mark Heap, and he's already been down that road.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Mark Heap might make a good Vila, but Avon? I'm not seeing that at all.

Oh, he's not so bad. Vila -- Martin Freeman. Sevelan -- Mackenzie Crook. The casting of Blake never fails to make me giggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWuTeR7xCU4

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Noxville posted:

When Ms Delphox showed up I felt this real nagging sensation that I should know who this was, took a good few minutes before I realised she was actually a new character.

We felt the same way watching the episode, but that is because we've been ploughing through Ashes to Ashes for the past couple of weeks (I never pay attention to casting news, so hadn't realised who the guest star was).

We're currently revisiting I, Claudius, which is wall-to-wall 60s and early 70s era Doctor Who actors; if you want to see Kevin Stoney in a much different role than :smug:Packer!, check out episode 2 of Claudius wherein he plays Tiberius's soothsayer.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

All that time running around Coal Hill School, and no way to work Ian into the plotline somehow?

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

RunAndGun posted:

Wasn't he listed as the headmaster on a sign in the 50th? But besides that, true, I'm really surprised he hasn't done a cameo.

That's what I meant -- I kept telling Mr Boods, 'Why doesn't the Doctor just ask Ian if it's ok to place his little gizmos all over the school?' and 'Gah, it would make everyone's life so much easier if they just got hold of Ian,' &c.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Jsor posted:

Not that it wouldn't be really cool, but did Ian and Barabara even know The Doctor could regenerate? That might take some splainin.

(Granted taking 3 seconds to show him the pretty blue bigger on the inside police box would rectify that instantly).

I'm sure the first time he called Ian 'Chesterfield,' all would be clear.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Fun episode; the mummy's endless duty was quite poignant when revealed.

We spent the episode arguing over who the voice of Gus was; Mr Boods said, 'It's some tosser who excels at being unctious' -- ah, John Sessions strikes again. No surprises there.

The real 'No WAY, that was HIM?!' cross-checked with IMdb was the mummy-professor-expert*: Mr Time has done strange things to Christopher Villiers.

2014:

and as a dewy, yet fit, lad in Top Secret

Couldn't find an Kings Demons one

*Initially my comment was, 'This dude is so in the Geoffrey Palmer role.'

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo, he was THAT guy in Top Secret? :aaa:

Same reaction here!

Ah, and here we are from King's Demons

edited to add (and forgive me if this has been mentioned; I've got a headache from the paint stripper Mr Boods is slapping on the front door): I've been reading on another message board the theory that Gus's monocle is actually a fob watch, Frank Skinner's character is the Master, and Missy calls herself that because the Master is actually her boyfriend. :yum:

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 12, 2014

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Seeing Jeff from Casualty being snatched by a giant hand elicited a loving CHRIST out of my normally 'meh' husband (who had already put me in a mood because he is 'one of those' -- someone who faffs about during the episode and had already walked past and paused in front of the TV, blocking my view, a couple of times by this point), so that's a winning vote from me.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Gordon Shumway posted:

I don't know what I'd think if Missy turned out to be the Valeyard. But I don't think it's the case, because then who's Chris Addison? The Master?

Actually, yes, let's let this be the case.

Maybe he's Sabalom Glitz after a shower and a shave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

drat it! My DVR didn't tape last night's episode. What happened?

Bernard got sucked into the siren call of the world of the geegees, and Fran and Manny had to bail him out before he lost his legs. I don't recall any singing, but a 'Big Bill' was referenced.

• Locked thread