Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Re: "Doctor's Childhood" scene, I personally feel that if you're going to have a story in which the Doctor is obsessing about this dream of someone grabbing your ankles, you end up kinda needing a scene like that to show where the obsession is coming from.

Why he's never mentioned it in the last 2,000 years is another question. Still, I liked this episode a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

Plavski posted:

Based on a previous recommendation, I picked up Deadline. This story is going to stay with me for a long, long time. That's some of the finest writing I think I've ever heard.

I only listened to this once some years ago, so it's a little fuzzy in my mind. But I can say for sure, anyone who thought Derek Jacobi was wasted in a one-off cameo in Utopia should get this, he's absolutely electric in this role.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

terrordactle posted:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-093

One of the best stories on the site.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-096

I love this one, even though it isn't the best. I just like the monster.

You can do a lot worse than just hit the top rated pages for SCP and work your way down the list. The very top one is the original thing that got the ball rolling (and is very like the Angels from Who), so it's kinda overvoted for, but it's a solid list of the site's greatest hits.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

CaptainCaveman posted:

Yeah, I like hearing the Cloister Bell as much as anyone, but it got overused a bit for a while.

Talking of sound effects, when Clark asks the Doctor to open the doors to convince Briggsy she's not mad, and he opens them with a switch on the console, did I hear a garbled version of the old "interior doors opening" noise? If so, it was wonderful.

• Locked thread